The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Scam forum  (Read 11275 times)

Offline ChrisE

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 1-5
Re: Scam forum
« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2011, 08:53:38 PM »
 Here is the update on the supposed scam I had in Kharkov. As of last night, I finally got a letter though the dating site from my lady in Kharkov that the email address I was given was wrong- the translator had put an extra digit into the copy she gave me. My lady says she could not find the paper I gave her with my contact info-she thinks either the translator may have it ot it may have been left in the taxi-that is why she has not contacted me. She wrote that she was waiting for my email to again get my address. She had not been online at the dating site that I could ever see because she said she considered herself taken, so no need to be on the dating site. I am thinking there is still hope with this lady!

Offline bpike

« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2011, 04:46:37 AM »
I'm in an interesting situation. I have been corresponding with a lady with an agency. I am only interesting in one lady because I knew of her before she got divorced and went to a particular agency.

I have received generic letters from other ladies at this agency, but that is ok because I don't care if basically a cover letter is sent out guys who register. I sent a couple of letters to the lady I'm interested in and got responses back pretty quickly that didn't look like ones she would write. I then contacted support at the agency and said to be sure that my letters are going to the lady and she is responding.

I sent another letter and the response from the lady didn't come for like 4 days rather than 1 one day and the writing style and expression was different and it seemed more like something she would really write. I then ordered video chats and we have been talking an hour each week and it goes by fast and we always have a lot to talk about. In these chats she always asks about my kids and tells me to say hello from her to them. She brought her daughter to a video chat to meet me too.

I bought the lady English lessons and she loves them. I asked her for her postal mailing address and she gave it to me without hesitation. I wrote a couple more letters to the lady and it would take like between 4 to 6 days to get a response and the letters appeared to say things a certain way that she does in the video chats.

In the last letter I asked about exchanging phone numbers and got a response back quickly, the writing style and expression did not seem like her writing style and expression and nothing was said about phone numbers being exchanged. I contacted support at the agency again and said that the letter had a different writing style and expression and that nothing was said about phone numbers. I also said please make sure that my letters are going to the lady and that she is responding.

The agency sent a reply back to me that seemed very defensive and angry. It also said the lady didn't mention a phone number because she didn't want to which I don't believe. I honestly don't mind spending a little money because it's not an object but investing any emotions I'm more hesitant about.

I am suspecting that the agency doesn't want the lady and I to have each others phone numbers. I suppose my next step will be to send a letter to the lady via postal mail and ask her about a phone number. If she gives it to me and is willing to continue communicating outside of the agency I will proceed to try to build the relationship and travel to the Ukraine. If she doesn't give me her phone number I'll probably cut my losses and move on.

I can understand a lady not wanting to give contact information to a complete stranger immediately. After communicating some and if there is a lot to talk about and you and the lady feel comfortable talking with each other I wouldn't think there would be any reason why she would not want to exchange phone numbers.

I need to talk with the lady outside of the agency. It seems like the agency doesn't want to loose the lady or something and it is acting a little cold and hostile towards me now as well.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2011, 05:57:44 AM »

I need to talk with the lady outside of the agency. It seems like the agency doesn't want to loose the lady or something and it is acting a little cold and hostile towards me now as well.

Don't mess about with this. Women are like buses, there is no shortage and another one will be along shortly.

If you are serious about this particular woman then don't mess about trying to confound the agency that you both agreed to use, that is dishonest and the agency is right to be vexed with you for trying to steal from them!

The serious man (you??) should be about to get online with Expedia, book his flight to meet the woman and deal fairly with the agency as he agreed to do.

If you are not ready to get on a plane then all this is moot! If you are not ready to get on a plane then you are not ready to do this and so you can move on and get another bus later on when you ARE ready to take action.

A word to the wise. ;)
If you are not ready to progress this thing just yet then you will be best served by some business that does not restrict your ability to exchange contact info and where you are in control of the how and how much of your communications and better yet, where you can see that you are dealing with a real person and not some fictionalised person dreamt up by an agency employee! Take a look at the banners on the right hand side of this forum for a clue in this regard. ;)
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline bpike

« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2011, 06:43:16 AM »

Don't mess about with this. Women are like buses, there is no shortage and another one will be along shortly.

If you are serious about this particular woman then don't mess about trying to confound the agency that you both agreed to use, that is dishonest and the agency is right to be vexed with you for trying to steal from them!

The serious man (you??) should be about to get online with Expedia, book his flight to meet the woman and deal fairly with the agency as he agreed to do.

If you are not ready to get on a plane then all this is moot! If you are not ready to get on a plane then you are not ready to do this and so you can move on and get another bus later on when you ARE ready to take action.

A word to the wise. ;)
If you are not ready to progress this thing just yet then you will be best served by some business that does not restrict your ability to exchange contact info and where you are in control of the how and how much of your communications and better yet, where you can see that you are dealing with a real person and not some fictionalised person dreamt up by an agency employee! Take a look at the banners on the right hand side of this forum for a clue in this regard. ;)

I respectfully disagree that I'm being dishonest. The lady and I have been video chatting (Skype) one hour per week through the agency and with the help of an agency translator. The lady and I have exchanged postal mailing address information without hesitation from either of us.

I believe that the agency doesn't want us to exchange phone numbers but believe the lady would. I am simply going to ask the lady if she would exchange phone numbers by postal mail. I need to travel on business to Brazil and then to South Africa on the same trip and will immediately travel to the Ukraine once I return because I am sure that she is interested and will be glad to exchange phone numbers.

Offline Chris

• Spouses Country: Chernivtsi, Ukraine
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2011, 06:49:46 AM »
Bpike

You need to get the agency out of the picture (who is it BTW) and start communicating directly, only then will you know how this lady feels and if she is genuinely interested in you, I suggest if you cannot get her phone number via web/video/skype chat then write to her snail mail and ask for it. Her response or lack thereof will give you an answer that will help you make a decision on whether to jump on a plane or not.

Chris
Слава Україні

Offline bpike

« Reply #55 on: May 30, 2011, 07:22:27 AM »
Bpike

You need to get the agency out of the picture (who is it BTW) and start communicating directly, only then will you know how this lady feels and if she is genuinely interested in you, I suggest if you cannot get her phone number via web/video/skype chat then write to her snail mail and ask for it. Her response or lack thereof will give you an answer that will help you make a decision on whether to jump on a plane or not.

Chris

Yes, we have been video chatting with Skype and will again this week. She gave me her snail mail address (postal mailing address) without hesitation and she was happy to have my snail mail address. I will ask her about exchanging phone numbers on Skype this week during our video chat.

If she gives her phone number to me like I believe she will then I will send a snail mail to her and go the Ukraine once I return from my business trip. Thank you for your input.

Offline Chris

« Reply #56 on: May 30, 2011, 08:03:14 AM »
Bpike

Chris

Yes, we have been video chatting with Skype and will again this week. She gave me her snail mail address (postal mailing address) without hesitation and she was happy to have my snail mail address. I will ask her about exchanging phone numbers on Skype this week during our video chat.

If she gives her phone number to me like I believe she will then I will send a snail mail to her and go the Ukraine once I return from my business trip. Thank you for your input.

If you can get her phone number via web chat etc, then ask her when it would be convenient to call and start calling her.
Слава Україні

Offline bpike

« Reply #57 on: May 30, 2011, 08:35:43 AM »
Bpike

Chris

If you can get her phone number via web chat etc, then ask her when it would be convenient to call and start calling her.

Now I'm thinking that if the agency doesn't want us to exchange phone numbers it may be best to ask her about exchanging phone numbers in a snail mail letter. Making the agency angry might not be in our best interest until we're clear of it.

Offline Chris

« Reply #58 on: May 30, 2011, 10:53:38 AM »
As I said in my PM's Bill, I would write it in Russian and English, if you keep it simple, don't use any slang etc you can translate it yourself using Google, (back translate it too to check it) its not perfect by any means, but that is why I say enclose the English version too. That way your lady or her translator can pick out the bit they maybe unsure of and decide what you are trying to say.

I used to do this a lot, send emails in Russian and English, gives them two attempts at guessing what you are trying to say, it usually worked out pretty well.

Give it a go, nothing to loose.
Слава Україні

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #59 on: May 30, 2011, 11:34:55 AM »
If you have an agreement with the agency for services and you are trying to circumvent the agency then you are being dishonest and I understand why they want to stop you doing what you want to do, but I also understand that people have differing standards in this regard.

Why not simply ask the agency for the woman's phone number - simples.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Online 2tallbill

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #60 on: August 18, 2011, 05:30:45 PM »

I am totally stealing that line  :chuckle:
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Online 2tallbill

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 10-20
SCAMMERS are soooooooooooooooooo L-A-Z-Y
« Reply #61 on: August 18, 2011, 05:41:53 PM »
Here is a couple sending essentially the same form scam letter because they
are too lazy and stupid to personalize it.

The girl according to her profile here http://www.luckylovers.net/f/search_idu.php?idu=598459&itself=undefined&restore=2&PHPSESSID=avv06l6tvu1robnbhmf7g2lla2
is residing in England but no sense worrying about inconsistencies since she has a beautiful photo  http://www.luckylovers.net/f/all_pics.php?idp=598459

Write YOUR OWN LETTERHello Sweetie,
How are You Doing ,My real name is Amber simon
And i Am from Usa I am Simple, Straight, caring
Honest, and Good Looking ..I Am very new On The
internet in fact A friend Of Mine Just Introduced This
Website To me cos She meet Her Own Right Man on
Here , And I want You To Know This is What i have
been Searching for Also , To go Straight to The point
I will Love To Know you more better , You looking So
good To Me I Don't know what Someone else Says,
Lol.. Its Good To be Honest To have a Long Term
Relationship .. I will Appreciate it if You can email
Me or Add me On you messenger List So i can get To
know you More better and We can be More closer.
Give me This chance and You Will like it So much .. I
am Not Here for games or for Any  :censored:  , Just here
for Love and ready to do Good for real . Here Is My
email Address..blondegirl47351@yahoo.com I am
waiting right now .. Till You email me Kisses and

Hugs for You .....

NEXT letter (from another gal),

Write YOUR OWN LETTERHi there how are u doing
today?hope fine.u sound like a truthful and
intresting person to be with,well I will like to
chat with and get to know each other better that is
if u dnt mind, my email is
...fzainab31@yahoo.com,take care and hear from u soon.

Speaking of LAZY the above letter writer never checked out my profile either,
but I come across as truthful somehow in any case.
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline happyandstable

• Spouses Country: ukraine
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #62 on: August 26, 2011, 02:28:58 PM »
Got to say this thread made me think of that Old Survivor song "High on You"

The chorus goes like this:

I can't stop thinking 'bout you girl
        I must be living in a fantasy world
        I've searched the whole world over