The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Poll

Your opinions of Socials?

I was at a Social
9 (5.7%)
I have never been on a social
57 (36.1%)
I have friends that went on one
14 (8.9%)
I have a good opinion of them
13 (8.2%)
I have a bad opinion of them
29 (18.4%)
I would never go on a Social
36 (22.8%)

Total Members Voted: 90

Author Topic: Romance Tours & Socials - Good experiences or bad?  (Read 83160 times)

Offline sharonhaber00

• If you call it "Avatar", let it be Avatar...
  • Spouses Country: Israel
  • Trips: 1-5
Re: Romance Tours & Socials - Good experiences or bad?
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2012, 07:59:42 AM »
Hi

I've never been in social.
I considered going on social, since my social skills become rusty nowadays, and correspondence methods haven't worked for me. I was fond of the idea of one correspondence and one meeting. I was inspired by John's story: "how I met the love of my life" (he is the husband of Elena Petrova Solomon, the founder of Elena's Models). He was writing only with her by snail mail, and after a year went to visit her in her hometown. He came to meet only with her. In her book "how to find and marry a girl like me" she discuses different approaches of meetings, from multiple meetings in one trip to one meeting. According her view, meet many girls in one trip is like going shopping, shopping around. She asked a question: if a woman would come to your country in search of men and would meet you, but you would not the only one she come to visit. Would you marry her?
Vice versa to women: while men come to her country and shop around. They probably don't like it. She said that most of the success couples were when man came to visit only one woman with whom he has corresponded previously.

So this is one approach, which I fond of the idea.
But as for me I've realized I'm still not mature enough for that. Therefore it seems in my case it would be better to take help of some agency. The aim is not marriage, but to test the field and experience it how it feels. The aim for now is the meetings and requiring some confidence. I tend to be introvert. It takes me time develop communication. I don't like noisy environment and competition for attention. I don't like shallow and meaningless discussions. The purpose is to meet and know women, whatever the outcome is. The aim is to practice my skills and enjoy the company.
And for those who would say why not practice at home? They probably would be right, but as I've realized there is no such thinks like what described here in this topic in Israel. You should have much better skills to pick up girls close to home. Israel is over fished, and the water is not timing with wildlife.
As I said, now it's for the experience.

I would like to hear from you what type of tour or agency may suit me the best, from your experience and knowledge about this staff.

Thanks

Sharon

Nadie no sabe lo que tiene hasta el día que lo pierde.

Offline mendeleyev

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2012, 08:10:33 AM »
I tend to be introvert. It takes me time develop communication. I don't like noisy environment and competition for attention. I don't like shallow and meaningless discussions.

There goes the idea of tours. Run away from those based on your statements above.

Offline sharonhaber00

« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2012, 08:56:30 AM »
I tend to be introvert. It takes me time develop communication. I don't like noisy environment and competition for attention. I don't like shallow and meaningless discussions.

There goes the idea of tours. Run away from those based on your statements above.

So ???

Offline patagonie

• Real life is meeting and kissing
  • Spouses Country: ukraine
« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2012, 09:42:49 AM »
Hi

I considered going on social, since my social skills become rusty nowadays, and correspondence methods haven't worked for me. I was fond of the idea of one correspondence and one meeting. I was inspired by John's story: "how I met the love of my life" (he is the husband of Elena Petrova Solomon, the founder of Elena's Models). He was writing only with her by snail mail, and after a year went to visit her in her hometown. He came to meet only with her. In her book "how to find and marry a girl like me" she discuses different approaches of meetings, from multiple meetings in one trip to one meeting. According her view, meet many girls in one trip is like going shopping, shopping around. She asked a question: if a woman would come to your country in search of men and would meet you, but you would not the only one she come to visit. Would you marry her?
Vice versa to women: while men come to her country and shop around. They probably don't like it. She said that most of the success couples were when man came to visit only one woman with whom he has corresponded previously.

So this is one approach, which I fond of the idea.
But as for me I've realized I'm still not mature enough for that. Therefore it seems in my case it would be better to take help of some agency. The aim is not marriage, but to test the field and experience it how it feels. The aim for now is the meetings and requiring some confidence. I tend to be introvert. It takes me time develop communication. I don't like noisy environment and competition for attention. I don't like shallow and meaningless discussions. The purpose is to meet and know women, whatever the outcome is. The aim is to practice my skills and enjoy the company.
And for those who would say why not practice at home? They probably would be right, but as I've realized there is no such thinks like what described here in this topic in Israel. You should have much better skills to pick up girls close to home. Israel is over fished, and the water is not timing with wildlife.
As I said, now it's for the experience.

I would like to hear from you what type of tour or agency may suit me the best, from your experience and knowledge about this staff.

Thanks

Sharon

Good  stuff, i mean good if you have a clear idea of yourself, knowing yours skills and your weakness.
About what EM said, i have not exactly understood the same.

First : with any woman you will hear, in any countries the same BS : "if a woman would come to your country in search of men and would meet you, but you would not the only one she come to visit. Would you marry her?" Not saying you that as soon you leave she will meet the second, the third etc.... etc....  As man i would advice you to avoid to  be so romantical, it's useless. Drop this BS, women dont' stick on it themselves.

Second : for what i understood she said, at a moment you MUST go in a unique way, have a UNIQUE relation to success. And i agree totally with her. She is totally right about this. If at a moment you cannot do it,  you will never  invest your feelings, your time, your energy, your hope. You will not believe in the relation.

BUT this doesn't mean at all that you have to do a WOVO. In my opinion this is  where you are making a confusion.
For those, like you, who are not comfortable with socials, the WOVO is often said as the panacea. But the damage of a bad WOVO has more consequences than to make few bad meetings in a WMVM. Often WOVO are not capable of rebound quickly because they have to clean their emotional state first and they are not acquainted or trained to restart through socials (meetings by nature are socials).

As you guess it, it should or would be quite refreshing for you to make a tour. Some guys like Jack or Mark Davis are the way to go. Avoid big companies.

Offline missAmeno

« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2012, 10:40:05 AM »

First : with any woman you will hear, in any countries the same BS : "if a woman would come to your country in search of men and would meet you, but you would not the only one she come to visit. Would you marry her?" Not saying you that as soon you leave she will meet the second, the third etc.... etc....  As man i would advice you to avoid to  be so romantical, it's useless. Drop this BS, women dont' stick on it themselves.

There may be plenty of fish in the sea, but to catch even one, you must first learn what is right bait.  tiphat
Hypocrisy is the state of pretending to have beliefs, opinions, virtues, ideals, thoughts, feelings, qualities, or standards that one does not actually have. Hypocrisy involves the deception of others and is thus a kind of lie.

Offline Vinnvinny

« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2012, 11:10:32 AM »
There may be plenty of fish in the sea, but to catch even one, you must first learn what is right bait.  tiphat

And a rod and some line to put the bait on. You're not going to catch too many fish just holding the bait in your hand.

And a hook, you need grip on the fish to reel it in.

And a boat ...

Offline sharonhaber00

« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2012, 11:21:11 AM »
We can argue here about what Elena said. I have not bad memory after all, and she used the term "shopping around" to describe guys who came to meet several women in one trip, and that explains why they don't have success with anyone. She said that, not I!

But more important, the words "WOVO" "WMVM" "BS" are not understood, as yet nobody explained them to me...   

Offline sharonhaber00

« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2012, 11:29:08 AM »

And a rod and some line to put the bait on. You're not going to catch too many fish just holding the bait in your hand.

And a boat ...

So, do you have any catch?

Offline Boris

« Reply #58 on: March 14, 2012, 11:35:37 AM »

And a boat ...

So, do you have any catch?

Vinny? Only crabs on his line... :whistle:

Offline Slumba

• 10:27 AM
« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2012, 11:38:22 AM »
We can argue here about what Elena said. I have not bad memory after all, and she used the term "shopping around" to describe guys who came to meet several women in one trip, and that explains why they don't have success with anyone. She said that, not I!

But more important, the words "WOVO" "WMVM" "BS" are not understood, as yet nobody explained them to me...

WO = Write One
VO = Visit One

WM = Write Many
VM = Visit Many

So there can be variations, such as WMVO of the above.  WM used completely alone, can also mean "Western Men" that is, men from Europe or America.

BS = bull excrement
Anchors Rewoven

Offline sharonhaber00

« Reply #60 on: March 14, 2012, 11:51:27 AM »
Thanks Slumba. now my vocabulary is richer...

As for WM I knew already. as well as RW etc.

As for BS, I checked it in Google translator. It means bull sh!t...I think (:)   

Online 2tallbill

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2012, 12:31:20 PM »

Two things,

First,
I wrote a how to get started thread that has some good information and some even better
links, including a couple posts on common acronyms.

http://ruadventures.com/forum/index.php?topic=4390.msg56897

Second,
If you are interested in investigating some kind of group type gatherings, then I would
recommend sending an email to Jack Bragg or Nunya (his forum name here)

I never met the guy in real life, and he is a very strong personality type and from reports
of people I trust, he has the best group type meeting plan in the FSU. I would avoid the
cattle call type "tours" and look into what he has to offer.

Udachi !

Bill
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2012, 12:40:14 PM »

If your in Ukraine, usually an iPhone and a new set of heels do the trick.  :hidechair:

Offline sharonhaber00

« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2012, 12:45:44 PM »

Two things,

First,
I wrote a how to get started thread that has some good information and some even better
links, including a couple posts on common acronyms.

http://ruadventures.com/forum/index.php?topic=4390.msg56897

Second,
If you are interested in investigating some kind of group type gatherings, then I would
recommend sending an email to Jack Bragg or Nunya (his forum name here)

I never met the guy in real life, and he is a very strong personality type and from reports
of people I trust, he has the best group type meeting plan in the FSU. I would avoid the
cattle call type "tours" and look into what he has to offer.

Udachi !

Bill

Thanks bill :reading:

Offline patagonie

« Reply #64 on: March 14, 2012, 02:38:16 PM »

I think we need to go deeper. You look the first side of things.
If a guy is always shopping around he will never have success in one story which will let him get a feet in a marriage. TRUE and i agree.
But you can meet several women in one trip and have success with a lot (get second meeting and more) and get married IF you focus on one and come to see this one, HER and ONLY HER.
To success you need at a moment, mandatory, to enter in a UNIQUE relation, but it doesn't mean that you have to date them one by one, which in international dating is very expansive.

Offline missAmeno

« Reply #65 on: March 14, 2012, 07:34:58 PM »

And a boat ...

In some ways its more complicated then that but if to strip down all unnecessary matters, you will end up with simple and straightforward reality. Everything depends on type of fish you are attempting to catch. Once you know what fish you are after you can successfully choose where to fish, what bait and equipment to use as well as what is right fishing technique in that situation.

So ... could any of you, who believe WMVM, romance tours or socials techniques are a way to go, would kindly explain to me what fish you are attempting to catch. What kind of women will bite?
Hypocrisy is the state of pretending to have beliefs, opinions, virtues, ideals, thoughts, feelings, qualities, or standards that one does not actually have. Hypocrisy involves the deception of others and is thus a kind of lie.

Offline NS1

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #66 on: March 15, 2012, 01:17:58 AM »

And a boat ...

In some ways its more complicated then that but if to strip down all unnecessary matters, you will end up with simple and straightforward reality. Everything depends on type of fish you are attempting to catch. Once you know what fish you are after you can successfully choose where to fish, what bait and equipment to use as well as what is right fishing technique in that situation.

So ... could any of you, who believe WMVM, romance tours or socials techniques are a way to go, would kindly explain to me what fish you are attempting to catch. What kind of women will bite?
well if you take a net, the can't get away when you catch them :ROFL:
some fish you need a harpone, not sure thats a good idea  :o
There is nothing permanent except change.

Offline missAmeno

« Reply #67 on: March 15, 2012, 01:42:38 AM »

Isnt a harpoon used to fish whales?  ;D

Offline NS1

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #68 on: March 15, 2012, 01:48:41 AM »

Isnt a harpoon used to fish whales?  ;D
this could be, in that case won't need for trip, only when home :ROFL:
Likely have hard time with it at customs, anyway :chuckle:
There is nothing permanent except change.

Offline sharonhaber00

« Reply #69 on: March 15, 2012, 02:15:23 AM »
When it comes to create long term relationship, the concept of "fishing" seems wrong. when you go fishing, the "fish" doesn't have to like you. You don't have to have chemistry between you. You don't ask from the fish its permission to go out. You don't create relationship with the fish (or you do?)
It will be better I leave the fish where they belong and focus on land animals (the "hunting" ground is not over the black sea...not behind the monitor either...)   

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #70 on: March 15, 2012, 03:39:53 AM »
Hi

I considered going on social, since my social skills become rusty nowadays, and correspondence methods haven't worked for me.

Sharon     

To me those are good reasons a tour might be a great option for you, Jack's tour anyway.  It will be a great boost to your social skills and a comfortable way to find the one you want to persue further.

Offline sharonhaber00

« Reply #71 on: March 15, 2012, 05:50:43 AM »
Hi

I considered going on social, since my social skills become rusty nowadays, and correspondence methods haven't worked for me.

Sharon     

To me those are good reasons a tour might be a great option for you, Jack's tour anyway.  It will be a great boost to your social skills and a comfortable way to find the one you want to persue further.

Thanks Turbo

It is refreshing for a change to hear some advice from someone who talk from his first hand experience :)

Offline patagonie

« Reply #72 on: March 15, 2012, 06:40:58 AM »
When it comes to create long term relationship, the concept of "fishing" seems wrong. when you go fishing, the "fish" doesn't have to like you. You don't have to have chemistry between you. You don't ask from the fish its permission to go out. You don't create relationship with the fish (or you do?)
It will be better I leave the fish where they belong and focus on land animals (the "hunting" ground is not over the black sea...not behind the monitor either...)
The concept to create a long term relationship begin by a non existing relation, which starts from zero.
If you are very serious to buy a flat and go to put all your money after the first visit, first flat  because you are serious and want to engage yourself in real estate for 20 years you are a fool. Fishing is to visit many and after to focus on one you want to invest. 
So fishing and create a long term relationship have no correspondance and you don't have to put some moral stress on it.

You can play every week and  :censored:  everywhere and suddenly realised that the woman who is waking up this morning has something a little special more than others. You decide to meet her again, and again and again. And after few weeks, few months you decide to stop to fish others and  you enter in a LTR because she desserves and all is here : chemistry, feelings, sexuality ....
A good choice for you means fishing, there is no such a world between landed and fished. People are the same. They land on land after fishing. For some it needs time to land, and some are quicker. Just question of personnality. But what is wrong is surely to only want to fish or only want to live on land. 

Offline Chris

• Spouses Country: Chernivtsi, Ukraine
« Reply #73 on: March 15, 2012, 08:44:30 AM »

I think they are after a small shoal of one variety or another :)
Слава Україні

Offline JezP

• Commercial Member
  • Spouses Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #74 on: August 30, 2012, 04:20:01 PM »
I know 4 different party girls who all go to Jack B's tours from Kiev, Kherson & Dnepro,

to say his events are productive is not really true. the girls go to see each other and to spend the por mens money. kindly swapping it for (NO) sex.
once one of the guys even hit one of the girls, nice.

the parties im told were very good a few years back but i think everything is the same now.

ive been to prob 15 socials, personally and proffesionally and i think they give the guys a good starting place an break down a lot of nerves about dating generally in ukr. i have never seen a guy leave without 3-5 numbers minimum and lets face it to get to meet 200-300 ladies in one evening is a GREAT START for anyone. It is also a great ego boost for them and to realise that it can be done.

No one says you will be married after the event, do they???

I have always had a great time personally and social STILL make me excited, working or not.

2 guys i know from england marries one of the girls they met at their 1st social.

at least 20 guys (from the u.s.) i know personally are still regularly coming back and dating girls they met at socials. We organise their places to stay.

I know one chap who met one of the party girls I knew, V V HOT, she was bored of 2yrs partying met Geoff at the social and now lives in New York, so all is not always what it seems.

different horses for different courses gentlemen

just get out here AND DO SOMETHING!

why thank you

:plane:

j