The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: End of the fairy tale  (Read 41538 times)

Offline ECR844

• Searching for the word I will become
  • Trips: Resident
Re: End of the fairy tale
« Reply #300 on: September 24, 2009, 01:28:26 PM »
No one seems to be saying much about the kids in all of this, are the two small kids still living with Lena and how is this affecting them.

Adults can look after themselves or should know better, kids cannot, its those I feel sorry for here.

I've brought them up at least twice in this thread. :-X ::)

Offline Chris

• Spouses Country: Chernivtsi, Ukraine
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #301 on: September 24, 2009, 01:30:23 PM »
No one seems to be saying much about the kids in all of this, are the two small kids still living with Lena and how is this affecting them.

Adults can look after themselves or should know better, kids cannot, its those I feel sorry for here.

I've brought them up at least twice in this thread. :-X ::)

Well done Eric, I have been away and only read over things quickly to try and get a jist of what is going on here. I obviously didn't get enough of a jist of it  :chuckle:
Слава Україні

Offline jb

• I was anti-obama before it was cool
« Reply #302 on: September 24, 2009, 02:36:54 PM »
Quote from: jb on Today at 11:53:50 AM
Absolutely screwed up from the get go.  I feel sooooo sorry for the children, but no sympathy for the principals.  They made this bed of thorns, let them lay in it
I agree with this  Sad

Yes, several of us have mentioned this.
I was anti-obama before it was cool

Offline babybaby

« Reply #303 on: September 24, 2009, 02:46:56 PM »
I don't buy everything Lena is saying.  I am surprised others are but than again the man is almost always wrong in this society.

He admits he hit her, that he told her to go out stripping to support the family.  In what world is this not wrong?

I do think both parties need to move on.  I don't understand why anyone would want to air their dirty laundry on a public forum.  There is no doubt that this marriage is over.  It will be less painful to accept that and start concentrating on yourself.  I am talking about both parties here.

I suspect Lena would not have posted were it not for the first post on this thread.  

Lena has been posting like a crazy person, imo.  A lot of her posts doesn't make sense to me.  In fact, she lost some of her credibility after reading some of them.  Do I think she was wrong?  I think the truth is somewhere in the middle and they are both to blame.  My opinion doesn't really matter.

Her posts make sense to me.   I can see that she is thinking in Russian, posting in English.  Her posts insulting others are a reponse.  Not classy, but look what she's dealing with.  

For example, Lena claims Gregg asked her to be a stripper.  None of us knows the truth.  I could be the truth or it could be a twist of what really happened.  

Evidently, you don't read.  Gregg has admitted he asked her to work as a stripper.

I can read fine thanks.  I also know the Lena hit Gregg first. Several times in fact.   Is that ok?    Double standard here?  

I guess you won't know the whole story unless you were there.  Certainly not by reading these posts but I like most you only want to see it as black and white.

I must have missed the stripper comment.  Care to show me the post Gregg made that he said he asked her to become a stripper?

I didn't know that I hit him first thank you for telling it to me, maybe you was in our house that time? ore maybe Don told you this story? And he heard it from Gregg? I am sure I am right. So I never hited him first, he did it and when police came he told them that I was hiting him first to protect his  self and hoping to better put me on jale than hisself. I will tell you also that one day he told that he will create the situation when police will take kids to childcare forever. And it was just to make me pain even not thinking of his own kid. So in this point I am sorry but you have wrong information, sorry

Offline babybaby

« Reply #304 on: September 24, 2009, 02:49:35 PM »
The kids are super, happy healthy and calm, they are with me but they see Gregg each day. My oldest son don't want even to talk to him because all obuse was infront of his eyes and he ve been hited by Gregg to. Seva is happy little treasure kissing dad and mom and ehjoing simple things around. He is the best gift from Gregg :nod: :nod:

Offline supranatural

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #305 on: September 24, 2009, 02:53:21 PM »
But who is going to support her children? She has a newborn remember? It would mean scraping by on welfare, and going through the hassle of dealing with INS and a DV petition.

As a green card holder, she's not eligible for "public means tested benefits".  Re-read the Affidavit of Support. 

Wrong.  My RW ex-wife is a green card holder.  She applied for and received "public means tested benefits."   I also know another RW divorcee who applied for and received benefits as well.

Offline Vinnvinny

« Reply #306 on: September 24, 2009, 03:21:32 PM »
I can’t remember reading anything so cringe worthy in a long time and I only read a fraction of it. Anyone who’s been there will know how high emotions can run in such situations and I speak as someone who has a few convictions to my name as a result of my own inflated stupidity.  If Lena and Gregg were to tell their tales in 4 or 5 years time then you can be sure their opinions would have mellowed and their views of the current situation would be significantly more balanced.

This thread is IMHO largely irrelevant for this forum save the Manny’s comment regarding European’s views towards the sexually related ‘occupations’.  Having lived in the Czech Republic for a few years then being a stripper was viewed no differently from being a shop worker except the pay was higher and the girl had more fun. If you were to sell your body too then kudos to you and such occupations are rarely (and for me surprisingly) kept a secret from parents, boyfriends and husbands. I am sure similar attitudes exist in the FSU.

Offline mendeleyev

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #307 on: September 24, 2009, 03:55:33 PM »
Still having some contact with Gregg, and understanding Baby's side on several issues, I think that at least for the time being it is time to give these precious people a respite from public scrutiny.

At this poing nothing further is to be gained.

Two precious people? Yes, both. And their children.

I admire Lena for many things. I admire Gregg for many things too. Both are human and have made human mistakes.

Unfortunately we live in a real world where mistakes have consequences.

Much of the truth has come out and the reality is that there are two people who deserve a time to rest and think about decisions made and actions taken. Frankly, it's not RUA's job to arrive at who was guilty and who was innocent at specific points in time. Both are valued members and also deserve some privacy during a very trying time.

We've done members a service at seeing what happens when a man is underfunded, when a couple allows physical intimacy to short circuit a real courtship via pregnancy before the two really knows each other, when a girl is not able to fully involve the man with her family in her country, and both ignore signs about differing needs in regards to financial priorities.

We've seen what happens when a guy allows his lady to sell her apartment back home and stands by (perhaps encourages?) her use of the proceeds to buy things needed to try and make a home together.

We've allowed this story to warn members about the dangers of telling a FSU lady about a lifestyle you can't really afford to live.

Some comments have been made about looks. Gregg is not a bad looking guy, and certainly married a 10 on the physical beauty meter. Lena, you are a very beautiful woman. That is always a danger to us men, but hasn't stopped any of the rest of us here either.

We've seen that not all WM are gentlemen and that some really do strike out in anger at a woman. That needed to be exposed and I'm sorry for Lena and the children, and quite frankly it should cause each of us to reflect on how much help we give complete strangers who come to our pages for advice.

Lena, I do not condemn you and my heart reaches out to you and the children. My hope is that you will allow this experience to help make good decisions on behalf of two very precious children.

Gregg, I trust that you will grow from this experience and allow your belief in God to guide you to make the changes necessary for Lena to again have confidence in your abilities to at least be a good father to the children you both love.

May God grant both of you healing...and peace.

I decided that this topic is best locked.

Registration