The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: The girls of Smallville  (Read 8223 times)

Offline lindochka

• это что такое?
The girls of Smallville
« on: September 10, 2009, 02:34:54 PM »
Okay, it's a cheap opportunity for me to brag. These are my two favorite cousin-nieces modeling their back-to-school wear. Sorry, guys, they're both under 18, though the tall one will be legal at the end of this year. (Photo posted with their father's permission.) But at least you get an idea of how they raise 'em here in Smallville.

Life is so short we must move very slowly.

Offline Voyager

• Meмber
Re: The girls of Smallville
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 04:55:24 PM »
I don't dare comment.  :chuckle:

Did I mention that Russian ladies can be very jealous?  :hidechair:

(But we do still have a few single guys here)
Thanks for posting the pics Lindochka!

Offline fireeater

• Trips: None Yet
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 05:33:56 PM »
Well since I am single, I can comment without any repercussions.  :laugh:

Both of your nieces are attractive, and look like very pleasant girls. I am sure you are proud of both of them. For the older one, looks a lot like the students here in University for her outfit. So I can see that more freedom, for them that you mentioned, in your other thread. And the younger one looks like she is following in her sisters, footsteps. She is already up to the sisters shoulder in height.         

But beware we do have some younger members here, (in their early 20's), who are looking, who may get interested in the older one.  :-X 

Offline lindochka

• это что такое?
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2009, 10:06:49 PM »
That's one of the reasons I'm pushing the older one to improve her skills in conversational English, Fireeater. I noticed she has "cheat sheets" with English words and phrases posted around her parents' home here. I hope she's doing the same in her dorm room. She's chosen a field of study which could easily have her meeting and doing business with international clients, so real comfort with conversational English will be a huge plus for her.

Voyager, I well know that Russian ladies can be jealous. But I figure they can't be too concerned when the photo posted is one of very young ladies who are not (yet) looking!

Offline fireeater

• Trips: None Yet
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2009, 07:36:47 AM »
Lindochka

Now why cheat sheets concerning English. Preparing to look abroad for a husband.  :chuckle: Or for her studies. ?   :) Now if the first I do have a son who is 21 (now legal every where)  :innocent: 

I have a cousin who is 19 now, quite a bright girl, and knows what she wants in life. To teach as a professor in the university. Dorm room the first year, for this one her own apartment. She worked so much this summer she had no time for dating, even though she is attractive, and has a great personality. I will be seeing her later today, to help move some more furniture in.   :nod:

Maybe Voyager is just "concerned", since his wife is a member here as well.    ;D

Offline lindochka

• это что такое?
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2009, 08:06:35 AM »
Voyager can relax, because my girls are way too smart to be bothered with married men!   8)

I don't think my older cousin-niece has thoughts of emigrating or of marrying a Western guy -- the cheat sheets appeared a few months ago when she was starting to buckle down to serious study for the university entrance exams. However, now that she's gotten to know an American fairly well (plus she also has another cousin-aunt who lives in London), she might well be open to communicating with someone from the West. I'm reasonably sure that her parents would not object either.

If anything it might encourage her in her plans to improve her English! Perhaps we should take this to PM?

Registration