The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Women 18 and 19 years of age  (Read 13824 times)

Offline TomT

• Trips: 10-20
Re: Women 18 and 19 years of age
« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2009, 05:22:46 PM »
Да

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2009, 05:34:55 PM »
In all seriousness I keep falling back on the old wise man's advice of the perfect age difference is one half the mans age plus 7 give or take depending upon each persons level of maturity and education not to mention economic situation. Idea is he will be the older wiser and worldly man and she the beautiful young rose... at all stages.

Man - Woman:

20 - 17

30 - 22

40 - 27

50 - 32

60 - 37

For me I have to say I am a bit more comfortable with one half the mans age plus 10 - of course if I found a 28 year old with a younger child as in pre teen - I could be tempted as the blush is off the rose and nothing makes one mature so much as having to feed another smaller human being who does not listen to excuses well!

20 - 20

30 - 25

40 - 30

50 - 35

60 - 40

I keep reading that 40 is the new 30 what ever that is supposed to mean...

Of course the current economic meltdown has hit the over 40 white male population an astounding 80% more than females in the USA (Hardest hit industries; building, manufacturing, automotive, real estate, finance, stock markets - least hit; health care, education, government etc.).  I just got a call from a builder friend who is facing foreclosure on two very nice homes he built and was renting but at a loss and can no longer carry the losses... there will be some major bargains here over the next 24 to 48 months - so my insight is that economics always rule in the end.

Offline Chemist

• Love Gone Global
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2009, 05:35:33 PM »
I love it, Orchid.  I'm saving THAT one!
It is fortunate that a woman's charms can arrest a man's intelligence long enough for copulation to take place.

Our future depends on it!

Offline Wild Orchid

« Reply #53 on: September 08, 2009, 05:54:06 PM »
 :innocent:

Offline Stirlitz

• Commercial Member
  • "Helping People Understand Each Other"
    • OdessaGuide.Net
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #54 on: September 09, 2009, 03:04:15 PM »
Hello guys, I would like to know if a sincere and serious about marriage woman age 18 or 19 would be interested and serious about getting married to a 37 year old man. I say this because i'm a fair looking guy in fit, trim, always excersising and in healthy shape with an average life style. What do you guys think, is it possible for her and I to make a good match? Plus I  get winks or replies from women in this 18/19/20 age group besides the other age groups. Is it possible.  Thanks.
Forget about it (sorry if I am rude). Unless you want to experience one of those crash and burn stories. Or, probably more than one :)

95% of women of that age are just kids who are legal to… er, to have sex with. Go out, have fun. But not marry — would you marry a child even if it was legal? In my opinion and experience as well as looking at others. For a long time I would not even date women younger than 25-30. I don’t think things have changed much since then. 25-35 is the best age group to target.

As for winks, you know, they don’t hurt… even if they don’t come from an agency looking for prey…
Igor Kalinin
Russian Translator/Interpreter/Guide/Agent for Odessa, the Crimea and the rest of Ukraine
www.odessaguide.net

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2009, 01:05:09 AM »
In all seriousness I keep falling back on the old wise man's advice of the perfect age difference is one half the mans age plus 7 give or take depending upon each persons level of maturity and education not to mention economic situation. Idea is he will be the older wiser and worldly man and she the beautiful young rose... at all stages.

OK that was the "wise old man's" PoV.. Surely Cuffy is worried that the old mans' ( sorry forgot the "wise")  bride might get "wise" and more on to a more youthful, shrewd, "stallion" ;)?   

so my insight is that economics always rule in the end.

If we are talking - an ability to provide food and a roof over one's head.. security YES..that is PART of the equation..only a part of it..

*I* seriously hope you ain't taking the "wise old man's" advice TOO seriously..

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline ECR844

• Searching for the word I will become
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2009, 11:46:53 AM »
Apparently the other dozen age related threads with the same regurgitated logic and opinions weren't enough to keep this elasticized drivel from stretching on for 4 pages... Hopefully by now the Op has read them all and gotten a clue... Can we close this thread now?

Offline yarm

« Reply #57 on: September 12, 2009, 12:04:10 PM »

My Russian girlfriend is 19, I'm 38. We didn't meet online. I'm actually in better shape than the guy in the first picture. He looks a little soft and has a little fat to loose on his abs. ;)

Offline mendeleyev

« Reply #58 on: September 12, 2009, 12:31:45 PM »
And the condition of your abs has what to do with the complex differences in culture and life world views?

Offline yarm

« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2009, 12:56:09 PM »
It was just a response to the notion that somehow, all 30+ men dating a 19 year old must be fat slobs whom the girl can only be interested in as part of a scam.

As for world views and lifestyle and such, not everyone is the same. There are 40 year olds, who lead different lives than the average 40 year old, and 19 year olds who are the same.

My girlfriend has no interest in clubbing and partying and tells me she'd rather stay at home and cook for me when I offer to take her out. It's unusual for a girl her age, I think, but she is who she is. The girl I dated before her, who was 23, wanted to go out all the time, so did my ex-wife at 32 when we got divorced.

Offline mendeleyev

« Reply #60 on: September 12, 2009, 02:30:24 PM »
Yarm, no offense meant. As the stepDad of a 19 year old Russian girl, and at 19 they are just that--girls, there is a great difference between a 19 year old and a 26 year old for example in maturity, worldview, goals, etc.

Am I making a generalization? Happily. Its a very safe one. Everyone says they're different, and the girl is different, but to belabour a point--every guy who has a young girlfriend claims to be the exception.

I've been around a long time and can tell you that after marriage settles in, even the 10 year old difference between my wife and I has it's moments.

Enjoy it while it lasts but don't allow yourself any of the common delusions. In reality it's easier to help a 45 year old fat slob see reality eventually than a same decade guy who's in great shape.

I'm not knocking a 19 year age gap, just don't want guys to be unawares of the pitfalls either.

Offline jb

• I was anti-obama before it was cool
« Reply #61 on: September 12, 2009, 02:46:42 PM »
Mendy,

Good thoughts on the last post.  Likewise, no offense intended.

I've been around these boards about 12-13+ years, and married to a Russian woman for almost 9 years, dated her for over 2 years before we married.  I know lots of married mixed culture couples, and from my experience the ones that really work are the ones with a less than 15 year age gap,  9-13 years seems most common.   With only one or two exceptions, those with big age gaps (20+) are kaput after 2-3 years.  Call 'em GCG's, or whatever, but most of those marriages don't make it to 5 years.  And NONE of those girls were 18-19 y.o. when they married. 

Why would a grown man knowingly borrow trouble?
I was anti-obama before it was cool

Offline Manny

« Reply #62 on: September 12, 2009, 03:30:03 PM »
I've been around these boards about 12-13+ years, and married to a Russian woman for almost 9 years, dated her for over 2 years before we married.  I know lots of married mixed culture couples, and from my experience the ones that really work are the ones with a less than 15 year age gap,  9-13 years seems most common.   With only one or two exceptions, those with big age gaps (20+) are kaput after 2-3 years.  Call 'em GCG's, or whatever, but most of those marriages don't make it to 5 years.  And NONE of those girls were 18-19 y.o. when they married. 

Newbies and neophytes would be well advised to read the foregoing quote again and again. In fact, print it out and stick it by your computer monitor. Refer to it while you are surfing profiles of teenage women.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline hemingway

« Reply #63 on: September 12, 2009, 04:48:27 PM »
Mendy,

Good thoughts on the last post.  Likewise, no offense intended.

You think the numbers come out about the same, not matter what the country of origin? It seems like you might.

Offline jb

« Reply #64 on: September 12, 2009, 05:52:18 PM »
not matter what the country of origin?

I was speaking specifically of multi-cultural marriages between American men and FSU women.  Management of, and adaption to, cultural differences is a big enough problem without complicating things with generational issues as well.  

Offline jb

« Reply #65 on: September 12, 2009, 06:05:04 PM »
If you encounter them personally, most of the guys in the pursuit of an Eastern European beauty are the nicest folks in the world until you mention age gaps, and then they flip the phuck out.  It can be very disconcerting if you’re not used to it, but once you’re acclimated, it’s cool…a polite nod and a slight indulging smile suffice until the kookiness blows over and the cartoon music stops.

It’s kind of like a very localized and specialized form of epilepsy.

Offline 2tallbill

« Reply #66 on: September 14, 2009, 11:19:30 AM »
I have a son who is 18, and he hangs out with teenage girls.
A teenage girl can be really really smart, and have a heart of
pure gold, but she is not ready for anything even remotely
close to marriage. One of the problems with teenagers is that
they think that they know everything (I surely did at that age),
their judgment and decision making ability are completely untested.

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline Eduard

• Commercial member
    • realrussianmatch.com
« Reply #67 on: September 14, 2009, 08:32:00 PM »
A teenage girl can be really really smart, and have a heart of
pure gold, but she is not ready for anything even remotely
close to marriage.
ESPECIALLY a marriage to a foreign man with an intent of moving to another country, away from her parents, friends, everything she knows and loves. And if she does have that intent it would be for ulterior motives, not for love.

Offline run...run4urlife

« Reply #68 on: September 15, 2009, 05:49:45 AM »
My wife was 19 and I was 39   you will find them everywhere but they are not traditionally inclined and they will leave you as soon as they possibly can

Offline TomT

« Reply #69 on: September 15, 2009, 07:47:59 AM »
Do you think that you have fared much better with a 19-year-old American girl of comparable hotness?

Offline jb

« Reply #70 on: September 15, 2009, 07:55:08 AM »
run...run4urlife,

Welcome to the board.

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #71 on: September 15, 2009, 09:29:02 AM »
If you encounter them personally, most of the guys in the pursuit of an Eastern European beauty are the nicest folks in the world until you mention age gaps, and then they flip the phuck out.  It can be very disconcerting if you’re not used to it, but once you’re acclimated, it’s cool…a polite nod and a slight indulging smile suffice until the kookiness blows over and the cartoon music stops.

It’s kind of like a very localized and specialized form of epilepsy.

JB - LOL - I laughed so hard reading this quip that I had a seizure - either that or it was from Tom Brady coming from behind to beat Buffalo last night in a 1 point win by the skin of our Patriotic teeth :smokin:

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #72 on: September 15, 2009, 11:11:58 AM »
I've tried to stay off this thread..now you'll understand WHY..

The very THOUGHT of my 18 yr old daughter being interested in a guy old enough to be her dad ..

Sorry, I don't understand why this thread is "allowed"..

My tip .. Wait until you are 55 and SHE is 36/37... 

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline shakespear

• Supporting Member
« Reply #73 on: September 15, 2009, 11:38:41 AM »

Sigh. . . . . . . . . .

I'll say it one more time.

This IS NOT some wise age-old respected sage advice.  It is not attributable to the Koran or any other holy book of Muslim faith.  It comes from the mind of Spike Lee in his movie "X".  In the script of the movie Elijah Muhammad makes this statement.  It's Hollywood all the way.  Anyone that would give it even a shred of credibility is an idiot. 

"If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun" - Katharine Hepburn

Offline alenika

« Reply #74 on: September 15, 2009, 11:46:12 AM »
My wife was 19 and I was 39   you will find them everywhere but they are not traditionally inclined and they will leave you as soon as they possibly can
You mean they should have stayed with older husbands even when find out with times that those husbands are too old for them? Older men should be wiser in the first turn. If they don't they have only themselves to blame.
I close eyes to see better

Registration