The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Women 18 and 19 years of age  (Read 10735 times)

Offline alenika

Re: Women 18 and 19 years of age
« Reply #75 on: September 15, 2009, 11:48:17 AM »
I close eyes to see better

Online cufflinks

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #76 on: September 15, 2009, 11:58:54 AM »
In all seriousness I keep falling back on the old wise man's advice of the perfect age difference is one half the mans age plus 7 give or take depending upon each persons level of maturity and education not to mention economic situation. Idea is he will be the older wiser and worldly man and she the beautiful young rose... at all stages.

Sigh. . . . . . . . . .

I'll say it one more time.

This IS NOT some wise age-old respected sage advice.  It is not attributable to the Koran or any other holy book of Muslim faith.  It comes from the mind of Spike Lee in his movie "X".  In the script of the movie Elijah Muhammad makes this statement.  It's Hollywood all the way.  Anyone that would give it even a shred of credibility is an idiot.  

Phock sakes Shakes - woke up on the wrong side of the bed today sport???

Nothing like taking things out of context as I also posted:

For me I have to say I am a bit more comfortable with one half the mans age plus 10 - of course if I found a 28 year old with a younger child as in pre teen - I could be tempted as the blush is off the rose and nothing makes one mature so much as having to feed another smaller human being who does not listen to excuses well!

20 - 20

30 - 25

40 - 30

50 - 35

60 - 40

I keep reading that 40 is the new 30 what ever that is supposed to mean...

Of course the current economic meltdown has hit the over 40 white male population an astounding 80% more than females in the USA (Hardest hit industries; building, manufacturing, automotive, real estate, finance, stock markets - least hit; health care, education, government etc.).  I just got a call from a builder friend who is facing foreclosure on two very nice homes he built and was renting but at a loss and can no longer carry the losses... there will be some major bargains here over the next 24 to 48 months - so my insight is that economics always rule in the end.

Shakey - I normally like to read what you have to say but time out for a Whiskey Tango Foxtrot moment here Captain!

In fact it was told to me as a young nuclear submariner serving at sea by a wise old Senior Chief with more time backing down on the middle level crapper than you or I had in total service.  Long before "Spike" Lee's momma bought him his first camera and way before he thought Spike might make a cool name for a movie director.  Fact is Spike "borrowed" the idea himself.

P.S. How about posting something useful, helpful and non freaking insulting - or too novel an idea for you.  Please help me understand where in the USA you live that its a good idea to walk up to strangers and call them idiots to their faces and why its a good idea and OK in your mind to do so on a forum???

Online shakespear

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #77 on: September 15, 2009, 12:15:39 PM »
P.S. How about posting something useful, helpful and non freaking insulting - or too novel an idea for you. Please help me understand where in the USA you live that its a good idea to walk up to strangers and call them idiots to their faces and why its a good idea and OK in your mind to do so on a forum???

Like an umpire, I call 'em as I see 'em

Sometimes you have to be direct to make sure some neophyte doesn't think the bullshit that's being spewed has some credibility.

No insult toward you intended unless you actually believe that nonsense about some magical formula for age guidelines.
"If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun" - Katharine Hepburn

Offline fireeater

• Trips: None Yet
« Reply #78 on: September 15, 2009, 12:16:43 PM »
I've tried to stay off this thread..now you'll understand WHY..

The very THOUGHT of my 18 yr old daughter being interested in a guy old enough to be her dad ..

Sorry, I don't understand why this thread is "allowed"..

My tip .. Wait until you are 55 and SHE is 36/37... 

Moby

There is a difference between a women being ready at this age for marriage and a large age gap marriage. Or one marrying some one old enough to be considered her father.  :nod:

Now from what I have seen and heard, my males cousin's son who is  21 now is ready to marry the girl he has been seeing for 3 years. And she is the same. But both are waiting till closer to their education time has finished, and they are more financially ready. So one could be ready, but not have the means yet to accomplish it. If they ever figure out how to do both, the wedding bells will ring.  :chuckle:

If she is marrying someone closer to her own age, then it could work. Or are you telling your daughter to wait till she is 36.  :biggrin:

Online msmoby

• Resident Troll
  • Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #79 on: September 15, 2009, 01:09:08 PM »
There is a difference between a women being ready at this age for marriage and a large age gap marriage. Or one marrying some one old enough to be considered her father.  :nod:

If she is marrying someone closer to her own age, then it could work. Or are you telling your daughter to wait till she is 36.  :biggrin:

Sorry, FE, I think I made it *quite clear* - I'm being specific to the OP's thread question .. not age gaps in general  .. I've already posted what I think of certain "wise" old men's adages.. !

Offline fireeater

« Reply #80 on: September 15, 2009, 01:43:15 PM »

Sorry, FE, I think I made it *quite clear* - I'm being specific to the OP's thread question .. not age gaps in general  .. I've already posted what I think of certain "wise" old men's adages.. !

We already have a few threads on age gaps, and a lot of the comments in this one relates to whether a women 18-25 is capable of being married sucessfully regardless of the male's age. You already know mine on age gaps marriage.  :) So it actually comes down to whether a male or female is ready for marriage until they reach a magical age in life. Since your daugther is already considered an adult, at what age would she be eligable in your eyes to marry. Or would it be determned by her thoughts and understanding of what she is doing. See the difference in threads.  ;D     

Offline ECR844

• Searching for the word I will become
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #81 on: September 15, 2009, 01:46:01 PM »
Oedipus called and wanted to give a shout out to all his peeps.. :nod:

Online msmoby

• Resident Troll
« Reply #82 on: September 15, 2009, 01:56:25 PM »

So it actually comes down to whether a male or female is ready for marriage until they reach a magical age in life. Since your daugther is already considered an adult, at what age would she be eligable in your eyes to marry. Or would it be determned by her thoughts and understanding of what she is doing. See the difference in threads.  ;D      

FE.. MY daughter is not an adult.. YET..soon.. but not yet..

I'm quite SURE she isn't ready to settle down, yet..  especially not with a guy old enough to be her Dad...  If she felt she WAS - then there'd be very little I could do about it -  except wait for the near inevitable train crash ...

Offline fireeater

« Reply #83 on: September 15, 2009, 02:13:59 PM »

So it actually comes down to whether a male or female is ready for marriage until they reach a magical age in life. Since your daugther is already considered an adult, at what age would she be eligable in your eyes to marry. Or would it be determned by her thoughts and understanding of what she is doing. See the difference in threads.  ;D      

FE.. MY daughter is not an adult.. YET..soon.. but not yet..

I'm quite SURE she isn't ready to settle down, yet..  especially not with a guy old enough to be her Dad...  If she felt she WAS - then there'd be very little I could do about it -  except wait for the near inevitable train crash ...

What is the age there 19. Sometimes hard to keep track of the different ones. Even some of our provinces vary here for that. Not one old enough to be her father, one in her own age range.  :chuckle: My son is not ready either at this point and he is older then yours.  But I also expect when he decides he is, he will put everything he has into it, and not delude himself about it. I expect a lot of questions will come about then, from him.. So I will have some warning, he is thinking about it.  :laugh:

Offline tainted

« Reply #84 on: October 19, 2009, 01:46:40 PM »
well...what i dont understand is that i have been looking through the sites that this place said doesnt do scams and i see  a lot of 18-19 year old beauties looking for guys in their mid 40's to mid 50's..
so...if this place says that those date sites arent scams then why do all those teen age girls want 50 year old men ?

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #85 on: October 19, 2009, 02:02:39 PM »
Because these agencies are selling fantasies to old men and old men want young girls.

Not many 24 year old American boys so hard up for women and so well off for money that they can consider a foreign bride from any country.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Vinnvinny

« Reply #86 on: October 19, 2009, 02:19:27 PM »
so...if this place says that those date sites aren't scams then why do all those teen age girls want 50 year old men ?

What Andrew said plus there's many a teenage Smokinghotkova looking for sponsorship not love and likewise, there's many men out there (local & foreign) who are able to and happy to pay money for some fun times. The optimum word you mentioned is 'date' sites.

Offline I/O

« Reply #87 on: October 19, 2009, 04:06:58 PM »
well...what i dont understand is that i have been looking through the sites that this place said doesnt do scams and i see  a lot of 18-19 year old beauties looking for guys in their mid 40's to mid 50's..
so...if this place says that those date sites arent scams then why do all those teen age girls want 50 year old men ?
Figure out the difference between scam and BS then you'll get it. Both can lead you to destruction but one is slightly more subtle than the other.

Offline ecocks

• Always willing to help.
« Reply #88 on: October 19, 2009, 04:21:57 PM »
In answer to OP, NO.

Advice to the OP: Don't be a fool.

Offline mendeleyev

« Reply #89 on: October 19, 2009, 11:17:24 PM »
Next time I get a chance to photo a couple of native Russians or Ukrainians who have found love as a young woman/older guy, I'll snap some frames.

Don't hold your breath however. Don't see too often here.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #90 on: October 20, 2009, 02:50:54 AM »
Next time I get a chance to photo a couple of native Russians or Ukrainians who have found love as a young woman/older guy, I'll snap some frames.

Don't hold your breath however. Don't see too often here.

What is love?

Offline Vinnvinny

« Reply #91 on: October 20, 2009, 10:08:05 AM »
What is love?

“I would love to have sex with you”

“I would love some Jimmy Choo’s”

Arrh, a romance based on ‘love’ is born.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #92 on: October 20, 2009, 01:09:30 PM »
What is love?

“I would love to have sex with you”

“I would love some Jimmy Choo’s”

Arrh, a romance based on ‘love’ is born.

I'd not call that a love relationship but fun for both parties - why not. although one part might enjoy the shoes more than the sex and the other the sex more than the shoes - unless you are a shoe fetishist like me. ;)
In the end though there seems in relationships to be some kind of exchange of value and love is the lubricant that makes it easier during adverse times and makes life more fun in good times. Basically, love alone will not make a relationship, other stuff is needed too!

Online shakespear

• Supporting Member
« Reply #93 on: October 20, 2009, 01:19:04 PM »
In the end though there seems in relationships to be some kind of exchange of value and love is the lubricant that makes it easier during adverse times and makes life more fun in good times. Basically, love alone will not make a relationship, other stuff is needed too!

I'd say mutual respect is just as important as love in maintaining a relationship - especially critical in making a marriage work long term. 
"If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun" - Katharine Hepburn

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #94 on: October 20, 2009, 02:08:03 PM »
Strange thing. Men tend to talk of respect in the same way that women tend to talk of love.
We men value respect over love in most relationships and women vice versa. I have had experiences where this has led to confusion.
For myself I do not see how you can love somebody without respecting them but I understand that some men claim to love but obviously show no repsect at all to their partner. I don't think I have seen a woman who loves, in ways that I understand, without showing respect.

Offline TomT

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #95 on: October 20, 2009, 02:47:49 PM »
What is really crappy is when gets respect but not love.  :fighting0004:
"Get away from the keyboard little man. I know where you live." (Message left in my facebook mailbox by our resident psychopath.)

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #96 on: October 20, 2009, 02:52:38 PM »
Well, I will agree that personally I could not love someone and be disrespectful to them.    I to think you can love someone you don't respect.   I think one example would be a woman married to an abusive husband.   I will agree their mind and sense of self worth is pretty messed up but I to think most of them would love their husband but not respect him.   I would say when my first fiancee went back.  I felt I was in love with her at the time but I saw all the stuff she pulled and a lot of the goofy way her mind worked and I definately didn't respect her.    I do think in a healthy relationship there would be a combination of love and respect but not all relationships are healthy.

A agree with Tom that getting respect and not love when what you really want is love is a bummer.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #97 on: October 20, 2009, 04:29:38 PM »
TG that's why I wrote about 'love in ways that I would understand'. I can not see the woman who 'loves' a man who abuses her as loving that man - or vice versa. Both might use the word 'love' but for the woman it is more about fear and acceptance of her fatethan love as I see it. Recently I have found myself way too up close and personal to some of this and that was why I wrote as I did. Two people, an abuser and an abusee. The abuser claims he loves the woman he terrorises and that his dominance and power taking is simply his way of showing his 'love'.
The woman, from the school of 'he beats me so he must love me' believes he loves her becasue he goes to great lengths to dominate and abuse her.
I can not see this kind of relationship as being about love in any way that I understand and I know the woman very well. There is no respect on either side. She is fearful and has her self worth destroyed but respect does not come from cruel fear and he has no respect for her because he sees her as weak woman and not worthy of his respect - no matter that he made her as she is.