The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Single Baltic Lady; totally a scam?  (Read 76659 times)

Offline Eduard

• Commercial member
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Single Baltic Lady; totally a scam?
« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2009, 11:53:21 AM »

Another thing to keep in mind Odessa has been hit hard by the MOB industry and many of the young ladies there know how to take advantage of you if you allow it to happen.
Only Odessa??? Come on now! The whole country of Ukraine seems to be involved! It seems to be one of the most profitable businesses (or scams, what ever you wanna call it) in Ukraine, and naive foreigners just keep on biting!

That's a sweeping generalization Ed and completely inaccurate.

Brass
but off course, Brass! What do I know?!?!  :biggrin:

Offline Brasscasing

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2009, 11:59:14 AM »

Indeed. :coffeeread:

Brass
“I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."  ~ John Diefenbaker

P.S....Unless you happen to live in Quebec and are subject to the Quebec Charter Of Values, of course.

Offline fireeater

• Trips: None Yet
« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2009, 12:18:28 PM »
Possible (even probable) FE, however, there is that one line that leaves doubt.

"Thank you for your beautiful and interesting letter)"

I understand where Palle is going with this, what I'm trying to do (as are the others) is point out to him that he's  leaving doors open (loose ends) on the way to an accurate conclusion.  :)

Brass

Which is why he is planning on phoning her I believe, to climate any doubt he may still have.   :)

But form letters quite often have a line or two added to try to make it more personal. Yet that line could also be in response to just him sending one on SBL. Both could fit the bill.  But they are also far to short to be real communication with a serious person. But only Palle can verify that.  :nod:

Offline ECR844

• Searching for the word I will become
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2009, 12:34:08 PM »
"Everyone,"

We're still waiting to hear about the actual details of what and wherever this purported trip involved. Everything after that is speculation as the OP has clarity, and communication issues in his posting here. So before everyone gets all riled up and starts chasing tangents and conjecture let's find out from "Palle" what is what and the details of WTF he's talking about before the thread starts veering all over them map and any useful info will be lost to him. Just my $.02

Offline Eduard

• Commercial member
« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2009, 12:42:39 PM »

Indeed. :coffeeread:

Brass
you need to go live in Ukraine for several years, learn the language so you can talk to regular falk on the street, really find out what's what and understand how things are... then you can tell me wether I'm wrong or right. Even then it will just be your opinion. Right now you are just expressing your e-pinion  :coffeeread:

Online sparky114

« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2009, 12:43:28 PM »
Thank you sparky! Yes I will look for a girl more to my own age:)

Yes I have tried rusianeuro.com but not have been a paying member, I have just looked around, but you think that site is good?

Welll that will be your problem then, if you are not a paying member you can write to as many as you like, but then the catch!!!!! they can not reply to you as a non paying member as much as they like you  ::)

So you will never get any mail!!! unless you join and pay :)

Do i recommend it? it is where i met my wife  :party0011:

Mark
Sparky, just curious, how many women in your estimate are on that site?

Ed
i
I have no idea!!!! I was there long time ago. but it definitely has a success rate for over this side of the pond 8 out of the 12 couples i know all met there (and their married too) , but to use your words "what do i know", other than for me it worked.  :biggrin:

So what is your angle on it?

Mark
Today is only one day in a life of happiness

Mark

Offline Palle1985

« Reply #56 on: July 24, 2009, 01:00:18 PM »
Sorry guys my post hre maybe was a little hasty:) I have been on a boat cruise, if you ever been to Sweden there is boats going back and fortf from Sweden to Finland and you are just having fun. I was there with my co-workers as like a kick-off so I wasn't in Ukraine.

Well to the subject. I have been talking to this girl for several months, and as I wrote, opend and read 38 letters from this girl before, also talked over msn. This letter dosen't feel like her, there is nothing in it we have tlaked about and there is nothing absolute nothing that confirms she even read my letter:S I aksed in her letter to her e-mail why she was in Crimea cause wasn't she supose to be on this practice she mention in a village outside Nikolayev. What she said to me, before she went so it could be wrong, was that she wouldn't have computer access besides on weekends when she come home. And for some reason this letter feels more like a first or second letter and not a 39 th. We have already dissussed some of that, well in short text, it dosen't feel like it is her that has written that. But to make sure I will call her when she is home on sunday. 

Offline Palle1985

« Reply #57 on: July 24, 2009, 01:05:32 PM »
Now I could go in to her profile, I couldn't before cause it was under updating. And the new pictures really are her, that is making everything so strange.

Offline Palle1985

« Reply #58 on: July 24, 2009, 01:16:16 PM »
One more thing about her letter. In the last sentence she has written "Smile" three times. When you write a letter and then copy the text every smiley will get to text instead, if you know how I mean? Unless she has written "smile" it could be that the letter is copied.

Offline Brasscasing

« Reply #59 on: July 24, 2009, 01:44:30 PM »
you need to go live in Ukraine for several years, learn the language so you can talk to regular falk on the street, really find out what's what and understand how things are... then you can tell me wether I'm wrong or right. Even then it will just be your opinion. Right now you are just expressing your e-pinion  :coffeeread:

No, what you need to do is stop making sweeping generalities in topics that require specific answers to specific questions.

You are simply a Russian born US citizen in the translation business. I've yet to see any indication whatsoever in your contributions giving you authority to waste the membership's time posting useless generalizations.

Let people who have some experience with scammers assist a newer member with his concerns instead of trying to hijack yet, another topic.

Brass
“I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."  ~ John Diefenbaker

P.S....Unless you happen to live in Quebec and are subject to the Quebec Charter Of Values, of course.

Offline Eduard

• Commercial member
« Reply #60 on: July 24, 2009, 01:45:26 PM »

Yes I have tried rusianeuro.com but not have been a paying member, I have just looked around, but you think that site is good?

Welll that will be your problem then, if you are not a paying member you can write to as many as you like, but then the catch!!!!! they can not reply to you as a non paying member as much as they like you  ::)

Mark

Ed
i
I have no idea!!!! I was there long time ago. but it definitely has a success rate for over this side of the pond 8 out of the 12 couples i know all met there (and their married too) , but to use your words "what do i know", other than for me it worked.  :biggrin:

Mark
Sparky, I didn't say that it was impossible to meet a good woman in Ukraine, my single cousins lives there after all!!!  :king:
I'm saying that the MOB industry is a huge business there and in my post I pointed out that it's not just limited to Odessa but rather effects the whole country. You can find a MOB agency pretty much in every town and lots of agencies in bigger cities. A very large percentage of girls that I've talked to in Ukraine either worked for this industry at some point, are working for it or know somebody who is/was working for it. many of them seem to be very well aware of this racket.

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #61 on: July 24, 2009, 01:46:31 PM »
Palle!
Did you write to any ladies there which cost is .50 or 1 credit if so how often did you receive letters?
you were writing to  one lady that the cost was  17 credits to open one letter.  This may not be the same lady you are now  telling us about but you can use this as a guide.
the price per credit $1 you paid $17 dollars for  one letter.
Their site is set up by the cost of letter and the popularity of the lady.  So you already know the lady has several men writing to her if it is costing you 17 credits.
Judging how  their system works I would guess maybe as many as 10 or more men, writing this one lady.  
I base this on a lady I read about on another forum that had 4 men writing to the same lady at 5 credits per letter. And also keep in mind if the agency also lists her through several other sites then  many more letters going out..
Here is where you have to use your head and to think about how much time this lady has to spend each day writing letters to each man? And ask your self could this even be possible? I guess as short as these letters are maybe so but unlikely.
When there is a popular lady and there is much money to be made through her correspondence you can be assured the agencies will not miss any opportunity to cash in on this.  Yes it is very possible this lady could be looking for someone and she may not even know she is being exploited in this manner, but  again a question you need to figure out yourself .is it the agency or the lady?
 If you want to find these popular model type ladies  on a site like SBL then you need to  . Limit the amount of correspondence through the agency and make personal contact by phone or direct email . You have already done this and by doing so you have seen things are not what they should be. Being you have her personal contact information stop  using SBL completely. If she can not write every day then correspond weekly and get on a plane and go meet her. It seems to me as much as you are spending on correspondence a weekend trip to the Ukraine would be reasonable choice.
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Offline ECR844

• Searching for the word I will become
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #62 on: July 24, 2009, 01:49:34 PM »
One more thing about her letter. In the last sentence she has written "Smile" three times. When you write a letter and then copy the text every smiley will get to text instead, if you know how I mean? Unless she has written "smile" it could be that the letter is copied.

I've previously been in correspondence with an FSUW who would write out (Smile, laugh, kiss, whatever) in her letters to detonate tone or emotion in her letters. So the fact that your lady does so isn't a red flag.. :popcorn: :reading:

Offline Eduard

• Commercial member
« Reply #63 on: July 24, 2009, 01:54:10 PM »

No, what you need to do is stop making sweeping generalities in topics that require specific answers to specific questions.

You are simply a Russian born US citizen in the translation business. I've yet to see any indication whatsoever in your contributions giving you authority to waste the membership's time posting useless generalizations.

Let people who have some experience with scammers assist a newer member with his concerns instead of trying to hijack yet, another topic.

Brass
when I assisted a guy in another thread by telling him that he was dealing with scam, and I was very sure about it you also challenged my opinion. You seem to just enjoy doing that. I pointed out that Odessa is hardly the only place where MOB business resides in Ukraine. That the whole country is involved and you can find MOB agencies pretty much anywhere in Ukraine, some honest but mostly dishonest. How is that a useless generalization? It's the truth. Not clear why you seem to have an issue with a statement like this or your challenging me in the other thread where scam was so obvious and I was just trying to help the guy out.

Offline Palle1985

« Reply #64 on: July 24, 2009, 02:06:46 PM »
What does MOB agency mean?

Palle!
Did you write to any ladies there which cost is .50 or 1 credit if so how often did you receive letters?
you were writing to  one lady that the cost was  17 credits to open one letter.  This may not be the same lady you are now  telling us about but you can use this as a guide.
the price per credit $1 you paid $17 dollars for  one letter.
Their site is set up by the cost of letter and the popularity of the lady.  So you already know the lady has several men writing to her if it is costing you 17 credits.
Judging how  their system works I would guess maybe as many as 10 or more men, writing this one lady.  
I base this on a lady I read about on another forum that had 4 men writing to the same lady at 5 credits per letter. And also keep in mind if the agency also lists her through several other sites then  many more letters going out..
Here is where you have to use your head and to think about how much time this lady has to spend each day writing letters to each man? And ask your self could this even be possible? I guess as short as these letters are maybe so but unlikely.
When there is a popular lady and there is much money to be made through her correspondence you can be assured the agencies will not miss any opportunity to cash in on this.  Yes it is very possible this lady could be looking for someone and she may not even know she is being exploited in this manner, but  again a question you need to figure out yourself .is it the agency or the lady?
 If you want to find these popular model type ladies  on a site like SBL then you need to  . Limit the amount of correspondence through the agency and make personal contact by phone or direct email . You have already done this and by doing so you have seen things are not what they should be. Being you have her personal contact information stop  using SBL completely. If she can not write every day then correspond weekly and get on a plane and go meet her. It seems to me as much as you are spending on correspondence a weekend trip to the Ukraine would be reasonable choice.

This isn't that lady and when you got a lady's contact info and she dosen't need an interpreter you could ask for "post-correspondence" and only pay one credit to open her letter if she dosen't have an e-mail adress in her contact info. This is what I have with Anastasia and I think her rate is 7-8 credits.

ECR844: OKey well that is possible but what I could remember she uses :) and ) to express her smileys but as you said, it dosen't have to mean anything.

When I got this lady's contact info, she was the first I got, I asked if she didn't have an e-mail adress, I only got a telephone number. She said "what? I have an e-mail why didn't they give it to you?" She apperntly had an e-mail that the agency would have but didn't give out:S We manage to send it ot me anyway:)

Maybe this is a strange questions but how do you all that have gone to Russia or Ukraine and meet women experienced how these lady's is willing to meet you? I know it is a big diffrence between lady's and such but in generall. Are they willing to do much to meet or is it if it fits them with everything or what could a guy expect?

Offline Manny

« Reply #65 on: July 24, 2009, 02:15:13 PM »
What does MOB agency mean?

"MOB" is "Mail-Order Bride".
Trip Reports: Links to my travels in Russia, Estonia, North Korea, South Korea, China and the US are >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Palle1985

« Reply #66 on: July 24, 2009, 02:22:47 PM »
Aw thank you Manny!

Offline Brasscasing

« Reply #67 on: July 24, 2009, 02:52:52 PM »
Ed,

Firstly, I do not "challenge" you, this would imply an element of equality in life experience which I do not believe you possess. I've pointed out several fundamental (rookie) errors you've made during your time here (two of which are in the 500 Rm) and constantly deal with your hard sell, segways and topic hijacking as part of my routine when on the forum - You remind me of an aggressive 'busker' on a tourist frequented causeway. :chuckle:

Quote from: Eduard
That the whole country is involved and you can find MOB agencies pretty much anywhere in Ukraine, some honest but mostly dishonest. How is that a useless generalization? It's the truth.

No, it's not - but that's not what you posted, is it?

Only Odessa??? Come on now! The whole country of Ukraine seems to be involved! It seems to be one of the most profitable businesses (or scams, what ever you wanna call it) in Ukraine, and naive foreigners just keep on biting!

Not allowing you to change the meaning of what you've posted when the inaccuracies are pointed out to you is also quite time consuming.

when I assisted a guy in another thread by telling him that he was dealing with scam, and I was very sure about it you also challenged my opinion...
...Not clear why you seem to have an issue with a statement like this or your challenging me in the other thread where scam was so obvious and I was just trying to help the guy out.

Again you are in error, I cautioned against a rush to judgement on Kevin's Intro thread separate and apart from what you were posting, it was you who decided to engage me.

http://ruadventures.com/forum/index.php?topic=7576.msg110531#msg110531

Brass

Online sparky114

« Reply #68 on: July 24, 2009, 03:28:43 PM »

Mark

Ed
i

Mark
Sparky, I didn't say that it was impossible to meet a good woman in Ukraine, my single cousins lives there after all!!!  :king:
I'm saying that the MOB industry is a huge business there and in my post I pointed out that it's not just limited to Odessa but rather effects the whole country. You can find a MOB agency pretty much in every town and lots of agencies in bigger cities. A very large percentage of girls that I've talked to in Ukraine either worked for this industry at some point, are working for it or know somebody who is/was working for it. many of them seem to be very well aware of this racket.

Ed,

I am so sorry but you are losing me here,

Let me help you a little here.

You asked me how many people on this site i wastaking about! i replied i did not know as it was a long time ago! then you refer to Ukraine! when all i was talking about was a dating site that i had found that worked for me

let me give you some statistics

I know 2 people that i have conversed with Mr Chris and Mr Wongs that have married an Ukranian lady that is my whole experience with the Ukraine

I am married to a Russian and never have set foot in Ukraine although i have no doubt it is a beautifull country and that your generalization that all ladies dating there are on the scam is some what wide of the mark. and to such end i do not agree with you

All the couples that i mix with are Russian lady and/English/welsh/Scots/|Irish male partnerships I am also aware of an Russian man / English man partnership so there you go now

My method is only one way of finding a life partner and it is one way of many that works, so the choice of Palle who is the main subject is vast all i was doing is posting a site that is popular and works this side of the pond
and lets face it at £30 something pounds it is not going to break the bank is it, so why not give it a try what have you got to lose!

Mark
Today is only one day in a life of happiness

Mark

Offline Eduard

• Commercial member
« Reply #69 on: July 24, 2009, 07:07:08 PM »
Mark, now you are loosing me!  :duh:
why would I want to give that site a try when I'm happily married? I asked you about it since I;ve never heard of it and was curious how many women they have on it, nothing more, nothing less. Since you were a paying client I thought you might have some stats on it.

Brass:
I think you are reading into what I write too much. You see "self promotion" practically in anything I post.
I disagree that Odessa should be singled out as Ukraine's MOB industry center, and yes I think the whole country would qualify as such with all large and smaller cities involved one way or another. In contrast Russia, being a much larger country and having many more single women, compared to Ukraine, has only a fraction of MOB agencies and affiliated businesses that of Ukraine

Posted by: Brasscasing  Posted on: Today at 04:52:52 PM  
"Ed,
Firstly, I do not "challenge" you, this would imply an element of equality in life experience which I do not believe you possess."

Now in regard to this quote from you:

Now in regard to this quote from you, I think that you are being a bit presumptuous and tooting your own horn about how your life experience is somehow "superior" to the next guy's isn't what most people would expect from some one who truly possess such superior experience. Particularly that you really don't know much about my life experience other then what I care to disclose here on the forum.

Offline Brasscasing

« Reply #70 on: July 25, 2009, 01:07:57 AM »
Brass:
I think you are reading into what I write too much. You see "self promotion" practically in anything I post.
I disagree that Odessa should be singled out as Ukraine's MOB industry center, and yes I think the whole country would qualify as such with all large and smaller cities involved one way or another. In contrast Russia, being a much larger country and having many more single women, compared to Ukraine, has only a fraction of MOB agencies and affiliated businesses that of Ukraine

And again a different answer.

Now in regard to this quote from you, I think that you are being a bit presumptuous and tooting your own horn about how your life experience is somehow "superior" to the next guy's isn't what most people would expect from some one who truly possess such superior experience. Particularly that you really don't know much about my life experience other then what I care to disclose here on the forum.

I find it presumptuous of you to post this statement. You are misrepresenting my quote by placing the word "superior"in quotations when I posted nothing of the sort, it is you who is reading too much into what I type.
I hope your clients are better served with your interpretive skills than I've been.

Brass

Offline Manny

« Reply #71 on: July 25, 2009, 12:17:30 PM »
Maybe this is a strange questions but how do you all that have gone to Russia or Ukraine and meet women experienced how these lady's is willing to meet you? I know it is a big diffrence between lady's and such but in generall. Are they willing to do much to meet or is it if it fits them with everything or what could a guy expect?

We seem to be losing sight of Palle's last question............

Ed - if you want to debate Brass on other issues, you can have an off topic thread to do it? Palle is here for advice; might we give him some?
Trip Reports: Links to my travels in Russia, Estonia, North Korea, South Korea, China and the US are >>here<<

Offline Eduard

• Commercial member
« Reply #72 on: July 25, 2009, 12:58:39 PM »

We seem to be losing sight of Palle's last question............

Ed - if you want to debate Brass on other issues, you can have an off topic thread to do it? Palle is here for advice; might we give him some?
Manny, I wasn't looking to talk to Brass what so ever.

Offline Manny

« Reply #73 on: July 25, 2009, 02:22:08 PM »
Perhaps you might give Palle your considered opinion as a Russian guy, living in the west and "in the business"?

Offline Eduard

• Commercial member
« Reply #74 on: July 25, 2009, 02:54:41 PM »
Perhaps you might give Palle your considered opinion as a Russian guy, living in the west and "in the business"?
would love to if I find the time from responding to Brass's attacks. But then if I try to help Palle, it seems like no matter what I say Brass will challenge just for the kicks it seems. Remember when I told a guy that he was being scammed? Everything was there, all the signs, google confirmation, everything. Even then Brass decided to challenge my opinion when it was so obvious. I don't think he is being fair what so ever and frankly his behavior is not worthy of a mod. I'm referring to posts like this one below and in my thread where he is insinuating that I can't understand a RW. 

Brass: "Firstly, I do not "challenge" you, this would imply an element of equality in life experience which I do not believe you possess"

was he Canadian president at some point and I missed it?

Registration