Information & Chat > Former Soviet Union History

Sudak Castle, Crimea - History Board {Byzantine/Crusader era}

<< < (2/4) > >>

Voyager:
You are welcome ladies!

I hope some of our men will take an interest in Russia's rich history as well!  ;D

Some more pictures:

A view from the Castle, looking Eastwards over the Sudak beachfront

The second view is of our group, climbing up to the highest Citadel. You can see the inland parts of Sudak in the background.

mirror:
Voyager ,

you write about Kyptchaks and Khazars with some negative aspects. Sorry,but you can't keep a silence that despite of wars between Russians and Khazars,Kyptchaks  modern Russians have a blood from these folks.  :)

And what do you think about Khazar's hystorical roots of Jews ?

Voyager:

--- Quote from: mirror on July 21, 2009, 08:46:11 PM ---Voyager ,

you write about Kyptchaks and Khazars with some negative aspects. Sorry,but you can't keep a silence that despite of wars between Russians and Khazars,Kyptchaks  modern Russians have a blood from these folks.  :)

And what do you think about Khazar's hystorical roots of Jews ?

--- End quote ---

To be honest Mirror, I don't know everything about the Kyptchaks and Khazars, I've studied more about the Byzantines & Russians. I found some of this material in the descriptions of Sudak on-line. Could you tell us more about the Kyptchaks and Khazars?
I am always interested to learn!  ;D

mirror:
Our teachers (in our primary school) were teaching us about Russian hystory in same negative direction about Polovtchy,Khazars too.After getting older I was surprised to read another opinion (honest opinion) of Karamzin,Klutchevsky about hystory of  people who lived on Russian territory.

Russian lived settled on the territory of Small Russia and Kazars (and then Polovtchy -половцы) were living like nomads. Yes,they  always had a habbit to fight but same time Russians had a habbit to solve problems with marrying Russian girls to Kazars and Polovtchy...so I laugh when Ukr,Russians say something  bad about  those nomands .For me it means that people don't know about a real hystory. The most  modern Ukr,Russians have a part of nomand's blood.  

More...if you will look carefully at Georgians, Tchetchens,Dagestans,Armenians (and other descendants of Khazars) you will find a huge similarity in an appearance of them and Jews,because they are relatives. Of course you can read more about it in books of Klutchevsky.

Voyager:

--- Quote from: mirror on July 21, 2009, 10:56:55 PM ---Our teachers (in our primary school) were teaching us about Russian hystory in same negative direction about Polovtchy,Khazars too.

--- End quote ---

No negative attitude was intended,  ;D history is just a record. It's hard from our time to say who was "good" or "bad", just like in Britain where there was a mix of Normans {French}, Saxons {Germanic}, Norsemen {Nordic "Vikings"}, Celts & Picts, all cultures mixed together.

The Black was {as mentioned before} an important trading route throughout history, so that's why Sudak has belonged to so many rulers:

Greek/Roman
Byzantine
Seljuk
Khazar
Venetian
Genoese
Ottoman
Crimean Khanate
Russian Empire

All have played a part in Crimea's history  :reading:

Navigation

[0] Message Index