The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: realrussianmatch.com/getrussianwife.com (Questions for the owner)  (Read 87772 times)

Offline Voyager

• Meмber
Re: realrussianmatch.com/getrussianwife.com (Questions for the owner)
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2009, 10:23:08 AM »
As to the question of "100%", or what a guy's chance would be WITHOUT Ed - I suppose any guy could also achieve 100% success in finding a wife, providing he was willing to search long enough. However he might make several trips to visit GTG,GCG or unsuitable matches, which is what one might avoid with Ed's service, correct?

Ed charges quite a bit for his services - would I have thought of using him in my search? No. But then again, I speak basic Russian almost fluently, I've spent 15+ years in the Russian community, I have dozens of friends/contacts in Ukraine, and did a lot of research first.
Yet even with that background, my first trip ended up in disaster, probably cost me over $5,000 in expenses, time off work etc. Looking back, the red flags were there, but I didn't pick up on them. Maybe a guy like Ed with years of practice would have zeroed in on these red flags, and said - "Dude, skip this one"

Offline Eduard

• Commercial member
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2009, 01:52:34 PM »
All excellent points, Voyager. basically by working with me a guy can save years on "learning curve" and thousands or even tens of thousands on multible trips to the FSU with no results.
The only thing that I don't agree with you is that my service is expensive. I only charge $26 per hour during the whole time a guy goes through my program. Do you really think that's a lot??? I'm doing a training video for FPL (Florida Light and Power) right now and they are paying me a $100 per hour...I don't hear any complains from them... When men do go through my program and realise how much quality work I do for them and see the results they usually say that I don't charge enough! That I'm working "dirt cheap"!

Online BC

« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2009, 02:26:40 PM »
The only thing that I don't agree with you is that my service is expensive. I only charge $26 per hour during the whole time a guy goes through my program. Do you really think that's a lot???

less than double what my maid charges.. hmm..

Time to raise your rates... minimum $500.00 retainer and $75 bucks an hour or your wife will start getting bitchy about family time being less valuable than your other ventures..

Offline Voyager

• Meмber
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2009, 02:58:38 PM »
I guess what I was trying to say is that it would cost a few thousand or more, which is a fair amount of $$$$. However a train wreck or scammer can cost much more than this

Is it possible to save the cash and do it yourself? Yes. But it's also probably more likely that a guy who doesn't speak Russian & doesn't know the FSU will get burned, probably blowing more $$$ than what you would charge.

As with everything in life, do your homework before jumping in to an endeavor.

Offline Voyager

• Meмber
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2009, 07:21:19 PM »

OK Ed, I have a question:

We had a very unfortunate situation recenly, a breakup between 2 forum members. The root cause seemed to be that  the guy couldn't meet the  girls financial expectations.

Did you ever have to tell a client that the girl he had just met was too "rich" for his budget?

Offline Eduard

• Commercial member
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2009, 08:55:07 PM »
I also thought that I answered all questions ( sorry, Moby doesn't count...ignoring you Mark!) :travel:
OK Ed, I have a question:
We had a very unfortunate situation recenly, a breakup between 2 forum members. The root cause seemed to be that  the guy couldn't meet the  girls financial expectations.
Did you ever have to tell a client that the girl he had just met was too "rich" for his budget?

I think that honesty is the best policy. I believe that men should be forthcoming when describing their lifestyle and earning capabilities to the RW they are communicating with. Most guys who come to me for help complain about the materialistic nature of single, available AW/CW/WW, how they expect everything from a man and wouldn't give anything back..."it's all about take, take, take"... so they don't want the same type of women of Russian variety, hence their decision to look in the FSU for a soulmate. My clients usually want a down to earth, non-materialistic, family oriented, kind and mentally stable woman. Guess what, this is exactly the kind of woman I was looking for myself when I was searching for my wife!

Being an FSU native and a native Russian speaker it is easy for me to recognise a "high maintenance" Rus/Ukr girl and off course I share all my thoughts with my clients and advise them on everything I observe and pick up from letters and face to face meetings accordingly.
We (men) should focus on trying to find a woman, a soulmate who will be comfortable and content with our lifestyle and the lifestyle we can provide for her and for our future family together. Missrepresenting yourself trying to impress a high maintenance woman will usually prove to be futile in a long run.

Even if a man is well off, he should stay away from high maintenance RW imo, because I don't see the point of going to the FSU for that...there's plenty of them right here in the US

Offline Sauron

« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2009, 03:08:06 AM »

But personally I think, why gamble when you are talking about your soulmate, future mother of your children? If having me on your side will greatly improve your chances of finding the right girl for you and avoid the train wreck, don't you think it might be worth it for some men?
People learn most from making mistakes, not from avoiding them. tiphat

Offline Eduard

• Commercial member
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2009, 05:15:47 AM »

But personally I think, why gamble when you are talking about your soulmate, future mother of your children? If having me on your side will greatly improve your chances of finding the right girl for you and avoid the train wreck, don't you think it might be worth it for some men?
People learn most from making mistakes, not from avoiding them. tiphat
how true!
but...smarter people learn on other's mistakes...  tiphat

Offline Brasscasing

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2009, 09:46:41 AM »
However, seeing as we're discussing business associations, do you have any business interests in the .ru realm (Moscow) related to language translation or ESL training? and

(Although this question should be directed more towards your clients than you) have or would you advise a client to seek ESL training for their intended as part of the getarussianwife marriage process?

Just in case you've missed these two questions.

Brass
“I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."  ~ John Diefenbaker

P.S....Unless you happen to live in Quebec and are subject to the Quebec Charter Of Values, of course.

Offline Eduard

• Commercial member
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2009, 10:31:55 AM »
However, seeing as we're discussing business associations, do you have any business interests in the .ru realm (Moscow) related to language translation or ESL training? and

(Although this question should be directed more towards your clients than you) have or would you advise a client to seek ESL training for their intended as part of the getarussianwife marriage process?

Just in case you've missed these two questions.

Brass

First question - no, no business associations with any ESL training.

Second questiion: I would definitely advise it, but most people, both WM and RM realise on their own that in order for them to communicate without a translator in the furure she would have to learn English. Generally they (RW) start taking an English class and study on their own once they have met each other in person and decide that this relationship is moving forward. They also start (or continue) communicating with each other on Skype which is a good practice for a RW. Typically, by the time a RW arrives to his country her English skills have  improved tremendously and they can communicate relatively well without any help from a translator.

If any missunderstanding ever arrises and they need my help with translation I always make myself available to help them at no charge most of the time.

Offline Eduard

• Commercial member
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2009, 11:40:43 AM »
If you really think that by not using your service it is considerably more of a gamble than by using you can you support this in any way or is that just a hunch of yours? It's not a trick question as I suspect you're probably right but it would be a great marketing tool for you if you could back that statement up with some proof.

I think that this question should be addressed to my former clients. On this forum it's Divad and Catman.

Offline JoeUSA

« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2009, 04:44:04 PM »
Ed I'm Joe nice to meet you.  My question is if I saw a woman or women on a particular site or women from a few sites I wanted you to contact for me to weed out the bad intentioned are you able to do that in your paid service?  I just want to make sure I understand your service on that part.  Specifically I am gathering that is not how your service works but you scan options you are familiar with to match up for a man then matchmake from there.  Thank you, Joe

Offline Eduard

• Commercial member
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2009, 05:44:28 PM »
Ed I'm Joe nice to meet you.  My question is if I saw a woman or women on a particular site or women from a few sites I wanted you to contact for me to weed out the bad intentioned are you able to do that in your paid service?  I just want to make sure I understand your service on that part.  Specifically I am gathering that is not how your service works but you scan options you are familiar with to match up for a man then matchmake from there.  Thank you, Joe
Hi Joe,
nice to meet you too! When it comes to RW, Russian language, culture, etc.most likely I can help you. If you are already on some sites and want me to log in as you and chat with some of the women you've been in touch with to see if they are for real, that could probably be done if I have your log in info. Keep in mind that there is an alternative to that and with my help you can tap into the pool of millions of single Russian women instead of limiting yourself to just a few thousand on some agency site who are being hit upon by so many other WM. You will see the difference right away...a BIG difference! Please send me a PM, I'll give you my number and we can chat on the phone and figure something out.
Ed

Offline Eduard

• Commercial member
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2009, 09:20:12 AM »

There's a lot of luck involved in this ;)

That's what I have been saying - surely you can meet a woman through agencies, LL and possibly even socials. Can this happen? Sure! I personally know a few couples that met this way and they are happily married. But I also have seen more couples end up in a nasty divorce, and it never fails - the guy always thinks that a woman mysteriously "changed" after she came over to the US, when in fact she just learned English better and showed her true colors now that she didn't need a mule any longer.
You really have to have plenty of luck on your side for this to end in a happy, long term marriage if you do this all on your own and don't speak very good Russian IMO.

Offline skiingandrunning

• Meмber
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2009, 06:40:03 AM »
Ed,

As a disclaimer to your service, would you say that you will help someone meet a marriage minded RW who is serious in her intent (a.k.a. help screen out the scammer), but what happens after the two meet has much to do with long term compatibility and for that you can't provide any grantee (so at this point a little luck is involved as it takes a lot of time to get to know a person and that we do not have in this process)?

I ask that because looking back on my experience, I know I WASTED enough money on sites like Anastasia etc. that probably would have been better spent elsewhere (in this case with a service like yours).  Now that leads me to a second question, how much time do you spend putting together a profile of you client (his activities, temperament, and long-term goals etc.) and using that to look for a marriage minded women who not only wants to get married but you project as a long-term success (a lot of psychology is involved here and as I know, sometimes we do not pay enough attention to these factors upfront)?

Offline Eduard

• Commercial member
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2009, 09:23:25 AM »
Ed,

As a disclaimer to your service, would you say that you will help someone meet a marriage minded RW who is serious in her intent (a.k.a. help screen out the scammer), but what happens after the two meet has much to do with long term compatibility and for that you can't provide any grantee (so at this point a little luck is involved as it takes a lot of time to get to know a person and that we do not have in this process)?

I ask that because looking back on my experience, I know I WASTED enough money on sites like Anastasia etc. that probably would have been better spent elsewhere (in this case with a service like yours).  Now that leads me to a second question, how much time do you spend putting together a profile of you client (his activities, temperament, and long-term goals etc.) and using that to look for a marriage minded women who not only wants to get married but you project as a long-term success (a lot of psychology is involved here and as I know, sometimes we do not pay enough attention to these factors upfront)?
Skiing, you are correct. There are no guarantees in life and some element of luck is needed in all aspects of life to have success. That's a given. You can marry a girl next door, be madly in love (mutually) then grow apart, fall out of love, divorce... happens every day.
Marriage is work and requires an effort from both partners to maintain love, romance and desire. But if you find a compatible partner with values, goals and views similar to yours I feel that your chances at having a successful long term relationship are a lot better. I belive that with my help a WM has a much better shot at finding that compatible partner.

It goes without saying that my clients do not have to deal with scam, pro-daters or dishonest agencies, but most importantly they enjoy language barrier free communication with women at the "getting to know" stage, then have me there with them to translate, advice, point out any red flags, meet the family, observe the family dynamics, etc. etc. when we go to FSU to meet with women.
When I observe a woman in her own environment and hear her speak Russian that gives me volumes of info about her, because when she speaks her native language is the only time she is truly being herself. I share my feelings with my clients which helps them tremendously in the selection process.

Even before making a trip, during 3-way phone conversations I can tell a lot about a woman by speaking with her in Russian. And when she decides to speak in broken English (if she has the skills) it all becomes a guessing game and I'm just as lost as any WM! :biggrin:

Now to your second question:
When I start with a new client I basically ask him to create a profile in English, something like what he would use on American sites like match or eharmony. This is the easiest way to get things going fast. All I need to do then is translate the info, tweak it very slightly if need be to fit a site's format - done! Other times a guy would just give me a bunch of info about himself and it does take time sifting through all that and creating a compact version of his profile for Russian sites. It Can take several hours. My wife also helps me with this since I always like to get a RW's perspective.
And yes, off course some knowledge of psychology (particularly RW's psychology) helps, no question about it.

Offline Vinnvinny

« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2009, 09:57:59 AM »
Ed: When you are ‘on the ground’ with your clients how do you overcome the potential obstacle of a lady that a) objects to your presence, especially if her English is quite good and/or b) doesn’t like you as a person and therefore withholds some of her character traits (positive or negative) as a result of this?

Also, how do you explain your presence to a lady’s family and friends? Are you honest with them that you are determining what compatibility exists between your client and their friend/relative?

Additionally, how do you react to an observation than one might make that in order to determine the amount of compatibility between your client and a lady then you would surely have to know both parties very, very well? For example, I am not sure that any of my friends could assist me in finding a compatible partner, even those that have been close to me for many years.

Finally, what specific areas of psychology have you been formally trained in and what accreditations do you hold in this field?

Offline Sauron

« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2009, 07:36:44 AM »
Ed: When you are ‘on the ground’ with your clients how do you overcome the potential obstacle of a lady that a) objects to your presence, especially if her English is quite good and/or b) doesn’t like you as a person and therefore withholds some of her character traits (positive or negative) as a result of this?

Also, how do you explain your presence to a lady’s family and friends? Are you honest with them that you are determining what compatibility exists between your client and their friend/relative?

Additionally, how do you react to an observation than one might make that in order to determine the amount of compatibility between your client and a lady then you would surely have to know both parties very, very well? For example, I am not sure that any of my friends could assist me in finding a compatible partner, even those that have been close to me for many years.

Finally, what specific areas of psychology have you been formally trained in and what accreditations do you hold in this field?

Good questions. I would like to see them answered.

Offline Chris

• Spouses Country: Chernivtsi, Ukraine
« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2009, 09:31:35 AM »

I think these are valid questions Ed, others who may be interested in your services I am sure would like to hear your comments on them.

Слава Україні

Offline Herrie

• Tech Group
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2009, 11:12:35 AM »
Ed,

I would be curious to see the questions answered as well. Just as Chris stated I believe these to be very valid and good questions to get some more insight into the services you offer.

Offline ECR844

• Searching for the word I will become
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2009, 12:33:54 PM »
"Ed,"

I don't know what the future would bring and as a result may very well consider using your services. I've considered this and we've spoken about it at least once. As a prospective client, who meets your pre-determined criteria to ask questions here. I think the questions which follow are valid and I would like to read your honest answers to them whatever they maybe.

1.) "When you are ‘on the ground’ with your clients how do you overcome the potential obstacle of a lady that a) objects to your presence, especially if her English is quite good and/or b) doesn’t like you as a person and therefore withholds some of her character traits (positive or negative) as a result of this?

2.) Also, how do you explain your presence to a lady’s family and friends? Are you honest with them that you are determining what compatibility exists between your client and their friend/relative?

3.) Additionally, how do you react to an observation than one might make that in order to determine the amount of compatibility between your client and a lady then you would surely have to know both parties very, very well? For example, I am not sure that any of my friends could assist me in finding a compatible partner, even those that have been close to me for many years.

4)Finally, what specific areas of psychology have you been formally trained in and what accreditations do you hold in this field?"

Online sparky114

« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2009, 02:27:03 PM »
Why after numerous requests does Ed not answer any question here, if he is so afraid of his modeus operandi being stolen then one he needs to take himself away from the public eye

He has another thread where someone has stolen his video from youtube if you do not want personal info taken and altered and used then you should not post in a public domain

this to is a public domain so as i said further up just ask for his thread to be locked its that easy

But then he posted this Q+A session and should man up to it , when people like the moderation we have here now deem that questions that are asked are fair then they should be addressed.

And just for the record I do think he has a clue on how to do this process, but as we must all appreciate one cap don't fit every head.
Today is only one day in a life of happiness

Mark

Offline Sauron

« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2009, 01:52:07 AM »
Eduard, perhaps I will repeat any question asked in this thread by someone else.

However I would like yo ask you the following :

What do you think of the principle to get out the middle man as soon as possible ?

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #48 on: October 22, 2009, 02:22:55 AM »

I think these are valid questions Ed, others who may be interested in your services I am sure would like to hear your comments on them.
ED has already answered all these questions a long time ago, so let me give it a shot (with the help of this forum search / common sense):

Ed will simply take vacation and let the client use his own best judgement about this lady. Just make sure the client understands it is his ladies wishes and still wishes to be paid for his time. He can also suggest to stay present just the first (or 2) days to make sure things work out. You wouldn't need more than that anyway to judge an honest person.

Assuming that you will meet F&F , he can simply tell them he is the Interpreter / guide for Russia. The given answer is suggestive and certainly not in the best interest of his paying customer.

Nobody can give that guarantee, and nowhere have I seen ED say that he can guarantee love. All he said was that he can help you find someone special and with him it will be easier as without him. Not guaranteed, only easier.

My guess is:  I did not see him advertise as a psychologist, so he would not need to have any. Therefore, it is none of your business.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2009, 02:32:25 AM »
What do you think of the principle to get out the middle man as soon as possible ?

Its also a no-brainer: Ed will agree this is a very good idea, he will actually perform that service for you , as you hired him to get direct contact with russian women WITHOUT middle-man.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Registration