The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Weight loss - how to put it nicely  (Read 17825 times)

Offline TomT

• Trips: 10-20
Re: Weight loss - how to put it nicely
« Reply #175 on: July 17, 2009, 12:35:08 AM »
You can never be too rich, too handsome or have too much muscle mass!! :)

You can have too much muscle mass if you are a dancer.

Offline Norwegian Viking

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #176 on: July 17, 2009, 02:07:23 AM »

:)
Hmmmm......but then one must ask themself: "is it wrong to have all this muscle mass since I'm a dancer, or is it wrong to be a dancer since it limits my muscle mass". The answer is obvious IMO.  ;D

Offline TomT

« Reply #177 on: July 21, 2009, 03:43:40 AM »
I can't imagine why dancers waste their time with a sport which promotes health, mental activity, socialization and reproductive opportunity.

Offline ECR844

• Searching for the word I will become
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #178 on: July 21, 2009, 05:00:17 AM »
I can't imagine why dancers waste their time with a sport which promotes health, mental activity, socialization and reproductive opportunity.

"TomT,"

As you know, weights are dense and they aren't all that productive alone.  tiphat

Offline Ward_Cleaver

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #179 on: July 21, 2009, 08:50:30 AM »

Most of the men that were on my university dance company would lift weights to increase the likelihood that would get the opportunity to perform in the key roles where you get to life the woman.  (This was obviously for formation dances not competitions.  Tom, If I told you what dance company I was on you would likely be rather impressed. ;D  Here is a hint, they were the first Americans to win the highly-esteemed British Formation Championships, and they have done so ten times.)

Offline TomT

« Reply #180 on: July 22, 2009, 02:50:34 AM »

"TomT,"

As you know, weights are dense and they aren't all that productive alone.  tiphat

As one component of a overall fitness program, they are fine. The guys who take it to mutant-like extremes and wonder why they don't get any girls never seem to get it, though.

Offline TomT

« Reply #181 on: July 22, 2009, 03:04:56 AM »
Tom, If I told you what dance company I was on you would likely be rather impressed.

I might be. Even though I engage in weight training, lifts are the last thing that one ought to do on a crowded ballroom floor. (Getting bumped could be disastrous.) Fortunately, amongst serious dancers, there is no need for the subject of weight loss to be broached, nicely or otherwise. (I thought that I would throw that in to pretend to be on topic.)

Offline Norwegian Viking

« Reply #182 on: July 22, 2009, 03:31:55 AM »

When they could spend that time lifting weights and building a behemoth-like body, you mean? Yeah, its quite absurd, I agree.  ;D

Offline Norwegian Viking

« Reply #183 on: July 22, 2009, 03:36:01 AM »
Most of the men that were on my university dance company would lift weights to increase the likelihood that would get the opportunity to perform in the key roles where you get to life the woman. 

Hey, I could be a pretty good dancer then:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oak-mHMhf2E

:party0031:

Or maybe not....?  ;D

Offline Norwegian Viking

« Reply #184 on: July 22, 2009, 03:37:33 AM »

As one component of a overall fitness program, they are fine. The guys who take it to mutant-like extremes and wonder why they don't get any girls never seem to get it, though.

Its because of wide-spread lesbianism in the western world, isn't it?

When I grew up as a kid, it was all about the Incredible Hulk, He-Man and Conan the Barbarian. If being built like that is wrong, then I don't wanna be right!  :king:

Offline TomT

« Reply #185 on: July 22, 2009, 03:51:36 AM »
Its because of wide-spread lesbianism in the western world, isn't it?

One shouldn't rule out lesbians out of hand. If one treats them with kindness and respect, there is no telling where it might lead.

Offline Ward_Cleaver

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #186 on: July 22, 2009, 06:36:12 AM »
Tom, If I told you what dance company I was on you would likely be rather impressed.
I might be. Even though I engage in weight training, lifts are the last thing that one ought to do on a crowded ballroom floor. (Getting bumped could be disastrous.)

Again, we are talking formation dancing not competition or social dancing.  The only other people on the dance floor are you team mates and they sure the hell shouldn't be bumping into each other.

One shouldn't rule out lesbians out of hand. If one treats them with kindness and respect, there is no telling where it might lead.

Agreed, as part of my "training program" I would date the orneriest, meanest, bitches I could find and get them to purr like kittens.  One of them was a lesbian lawyer.  You should have seen the way she melted when I took off her shirt and said :o "Wow, you are beautiful" :o.  It was like she had never heard that from a man before.  She just melted.  8)

But I am WAY :offtopic:.  Sorry.

Offline Norwegian Viking

« Reply #187 on: July 22, 2009, 07:15:24 AM »
But I am WAY :offtopic:.  Sorry.

Yeah, this thread got way out of control a long time ago.  :)

Registration