The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Russian/Ukraine women  (Read 39731 times)

Offline Paul

Re: Russian/Ukraine women
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2009, 09:09:51 AM »
The girl in the fourth photo (IMG_1996) looks like she is helping her father cross the road  :duh:

Offline alenika

« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2009, 10:24:13 AM »
3rd local, 4th foreign, 5th could be both, but I think foreign ;)
You thinking now you are having good chances?  8)
I close eyes to see better

Offline nunya

• RIP
    • First Dream
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2009, 11:05:05 AM »

On the first photo below I like the smile on the one ladies face as she is checking out the brunette in short skirt.

:popcorn:

Offline Jared2151

« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2009, 12:34:34 PM »
Img_1699 is beyond smokinhotkova  :loving:

Offline nunya

• RIP
    • First Dream
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2009, 01:33:58 PM »

Offline mervin

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2009, 11:02:17 PM »
Good pictures Jack. When are you going back next?

Offline nunya

• RIP
    • First Dream
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2009, 09:38:19 AM »
Hey Mervin, I think I have a few good photos of you also. Well, let me rephrase that, good photos of some ladies you are with.  :)

Mervin I'll be back to mother Russia, Ukraine, the last week of April, or this is when I was suppose to be there for our upcoming spring trip. However in the past two weeks the cable company A&E has been in contact with me, they have a TV celebrity they want to send on our trip and to film the trip. Only problem is this TV star they want to use is only available from April 13th thru 20th and want to do the filming at that time.  I should know a little more next week.

Offline Jared2151

« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2009, 11:39:46 AM »
Damnit Nunya, just when I think I've seen the hottest Smokinhotkova, you have to show Img_1728.

I'm like a dog turned loose in a butcher's shop, where do I turn first ?

Although, I think Img_1699 is my all time favorite.

Offline Manny

« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2009, 03:42:52 PM »
There are some quite big women in there actually. Some of you guys need to check out UK women, many are of a similar standard to most of these pics; and they speak English. (Well, an almost understandable variant thereof.) Maybe some of these fat thighs and big asses are still slim to US mens eyes?

Those last two pictures above - to me - are rather fat women.  ???

For sure, Jack has snapped some very lovely women in some of these shots, but some of these women need to cover it up. A $5 nylon mini-skirt displaying fat pasty thunder thighs, stretched over a fat ass, can be seen on any Saturday night in any town centre in England.

Perhaps its just differing tastes across the pond?  :biggrin:
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline nunya

• RIP
    • First Dream
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2009, 04:51:10 PM »
I agree manny. These photos were not all photos of only beautiful, slim ladies, but regular, everyday looking Ukraine and Russian ladies.

Compared to "most" of our AW, yep, these are all slim, trim women.

Here are some more big women.

Offline Tamara

• Online Russian Teacher and Translator
    • Prime Language Services
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2009, 08:05:03 PM »
Nunya,

I really enjoyed looking at the pictures.  It is the best to see pictures when people are not posing and not knowing a picture is being taken.  And seeing pictures of real ladies, call them fat or not fat is nice.  Kind of getting tired of the idea imposed on every girl: be skinny, starve yourself, etc.  Good to see pictures of real women enjoying their life and looking great!

Thanks!
Prime Language Services
Live Online Russian Lessons and Translations

Offline Chris

• Spouses Country: Chernivtsi, Ukraine
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2009, 03:36:05 AM »
Why is the girl in pic 4997 wearing her stockings upside down  :chuckle:

Слава Україні

Offline nunya

• RIP
    • First Dream
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2009, 09:54:15 AM »

Thank you for your kind words Tamara.

Why is the girl in pic 4997 wearing her stockings upside down

Chris,

One of the things I like to take photos of are ladies in the newest fashions. Observing the ladies in the newest fashions is quite entertaining in it's self. 

I'm personally not so crazy about the look. It has been somewhat fashionable for the past 2 years.

Offline Chris

• Spouses Country: Chernivtsi, Ukraine
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2009, 10:07:43 AM »

Thank you for your kind words Tamara.

Why is the girl in pic 4997 wearing her stockings upside down

Chris,

One of the things I like to take photos of are ladies in the newest fashions. Observing the ladies in the newest fashions is quite entertaining in it's self. 

I'm personally not so crazy about the look. It has been somewhat fashionable for the past 2 years.

Yes I'm not so crazy about it myself, my wife agrees and tells me it started about 2 - 3 years ago.
Слава Україні

Offline erudite

• Kharkov is a GREAT CITY!!!!!!
  • Spouses Country: UKRAINE
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2009, 09:07:14 PM »
Hi Jack, Won't the movie star celebrity sort of kill the chances for the regular guys that "tag" along for the trip? ::)
"It don't matter who's in Austin, Bob Wills is still the King", Waylon Jennings

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2009, 03:03:37 AM »
The black fishnets like fineee Odesa lady.JPG  and 0075 use, have been irrevocably linked to prostitutes here in the Netherlands. Its sort of like their trademark.

Mark.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline Paul

« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2009, 05:52:25 AM »
The black fishnets like fineee Odesa lady.JPG  and 0075 use, have been irrevocably linked to prostitutes here in the Netherlands. Its sort of like their trademark.

Mark.

Isn't it a worldwide trade mark for prostitutes? I'm not saying anything bad about the majority of women in Nunya's pictures, but surely those women wearing the fishnet stockings know how they are being perceived and don't have a problem with it (meaning they are wearing them for a reason).

Offline sparky114

« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2009, 06:00:28 AM »
Sorry can not post anything in this TR, Big Brother is watching  :chuckle:

Speak no Evil

Hear no Evil

But look alot  :chuckle:
Today is only one day in a life of happiness

Mark

Offline nunya

• RIP
    • First Dream
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2009, 11:22:31 AM »
Hi Jack, Won't the movie star celebrity sort of kill the chances for the regular guys that "tag" along for the trip? ::)

This guy will be traveling with and interviewing the guys. He'll interview some of the ladies also.  He is not looking for a foreign bride himself.   

While on this subject, if any guys out there reading this would have interest in being in Ukraine from about April 13th through the 20th, being filmed meeting some ladies and having a portion of there trip paid for, PM me.

Mark.
Isn't it a worldwide trade mark for prostitutes?

I think in these photos it's nothing more than fashion. 

Used to be a time where all women in America who wore high heels and short skirts were concieved as prostitutes.   When American women, some American men, see women dressed as such, she must be a whore.   Like it or not, it is the fashion of a great many young FSU women and has been for many, many years.

Unlike most American, English women, many Russian and Ukraine women have bodies that such outfit's, such skirts and dresses, look good on them.
I call it, and look at it as, an art.  Myyy, what an art.

In many cases our American women are so jealous of most of these FSU women's bodies that these women 'must be whores'.

When I see the many young Russian/Ukraine ladies attending the Universities at 9am or 1pm wearing such stockings, I don't see them as whores. When I see women wearing such stockings during the middle of the day in the center of the city, shopping, having lunch, I don't see prostitutes.

When I see women wearing such stockings walking on Tverkaya at 2, 3am in the morning, or sitting at a shady bar at 4-5am, then I think whores.

surely those women wearing the fishnet stockings know how they are being perceived and don't have a problem with it (meaning they are wearing them for a reason).

dd, I respectfully disagree. With a great many Russian/Ukraine ladies who I know who might wear such stockings I think it would not be because they thought it made them look like a prostitute.

If such stockings would help a certain outfit look fashionably good many wonderful and sincere Russian women would not hesitate a second to wear. 

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2009, 10:04:18 AM »

Used to be a time where all women in America who wore high heels and short skirts were concieved as prostitutes.   When American women, some American men, see women dressed as such, she must be a whore.   Like it or not, it is the fashion of a great many young FSU women and has been for many, many years.

In many cases our American women are so jealous of most of these FSU women's bodies that these women 'must be whores'.

This is exactly why I mentioned it. Lena complains she can't find any decent clothes in Netherlands but only mainstream look-bad jeans and look-even-worse shirts..... I definitively like the attractive clothes of the women in your picture and although I am sure none of them are prostitutes, many will see them as such based purely on their fashion.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline Herrie

• Tech Group
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2009, 02:05:18 PM »

This is exactly why I mentioned it. Lena complains she can't find any decent clothes in Netherlands but only mainstream look-bad jeans and look-even-worse shirts..... I definitively like the attractive clothes of the women in your picture and although I am sure none of them are prostitutes, many will see them as such based purely on their fashion.

My Moldovan ex-g/f complained about the same ;) Especially she found it very difficult to find good shoes. Especially boots. She usually bought them when she was back home in Moldova ;)

Offline WestCoast

« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2009, 02:37:43 PM »
Jack it is quite obvious that a number of these women are posing for the photos or at least know that they are being photographed, but what about the women who don't know that they are being photographed?  Don't you worry that they may call the police if they see you?  Even in Ukraine if a cute young girl smiles nicely at an Ukrainian police officer that officer might come over and at least slap around some older man and if they find out that that older man is an American then they might bring out their baton and use it to slap that man around.  Seriously don't you worry about your safety when photographing these women?  If the Ukrainian cops don't rough you up, maybe a husband or boyfriend might?
andrewfi says ''Proximity is almost no guarantee of authority" and "in many cases, distance gives a better picture with less emotional and subjective input."

That means I'm a subject matter expert on all things Russia, Ukraine and UK.

Offline Paul

« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2009, 03:20:56 PM »
Jack it is quite obvious that a number of these women are posing for the photos or at least know that they are being photographed, but what about the women who don't know that they are being photographed?  Don't you worry that they may call the police if they see you?  Even in Ukraine if a cute young girl smiles nicely at an Ukrainian police officer that officer might come over and at least slap around some older man and if they find out that that older man is an American then they might bring out their baton and use it to slap that man around.  Seriously don't you worry about your safety when photographing these women?  If the Ukrainian cops don't rough you up, maybe a husband or boyfriend might?

Not Nunya, but... the girl in this picture did not know that I had taken her picture until Ada asked her if I could use it. The girl couldn't care less. I think attitudes are a bit different, when comparing the US and Canada to Eastern European countries regarding this (probably a good idea to ask anyway, but then all pictures will be posed... which sucks  ::) The guy in the pic still ticks me off  :-\ ).

Apologies to Nunya for adding a picture to his thread.

Offline WestCoast

« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2009, 05:19:17 AM »

If Lena is in the Netherlands on a Schengen Visa can't you just take her to Paris for a long weekend?  I'm sure she'll be able to find some stylish clothes there.  When my ex and I lived together we went to Europe and spent a week in Paris, mostly shopping, she shopped and I carried the packages.
andrewfi says ''Proximity is almost no guarantee of authority" and "in many cases, distance gives a better picture with less emotional and subjective input."

That means I'm a subject matter expert on all things Russia, Ukraine and UK.

Offline Jared2151

« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2009, 06:01:01 AM »
DD, why not photoshop the dude out of the picture ?