The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Romania Feb 2009  (Read 8531 times)

Offline Paul

Re: Romania Feb 2009
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2009, 07:19:12 PM »
What's with the little wooden 'gypsy wagon' in the picture ?

Ticket booth ?

No clue what that wagon was for, just a display I guess.

Offline Paul

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2009, 07:27:16 PM »
Kurtoskalacs, mmmmmmmmmmmm yum yum!  ;D It is dough that gets a kind of sugar glaze when it cooks, and then they add chopped walnut, sesame seeds, or cinnamon.

With cinnamon  :) 

And for those who are afraid to try local food, there is always hot dogs, hamburgers, pizza, and burritos...  :sick0012:

Pizza in Romania is actually very good, and it is usually eaten with a knife and fork :)

Offline Paul

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2009, 07:44:41 PM »
When I first saw the term "Internet cafe" I imagined something like a large Starbucks with a bunch of people sitting around sipping on lattes with laptop computers in front of them.

I had no idea that this was closer to reality, down in the basement...

Mostly young guys sitting around playing video games...

That's where Ada made her first post on RUA :)

Offline Paul

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2009, 08:04:51 PM »
On the outskirts of Sinaia...

Stray dogs in the neighborhood...

And free range chickens roaming the neighborhood for food...

That's it folks  tiphat

Offline Jared2151

« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2009, 07:28:56 AM »
Yeah, sure, just what "I" would do, travel half way around the world to eat hot dogs, hamburgers, pizza, and burritos.   :sick0002:

Sorry folks, it's called an 'adventure' for a reason.  While there are limits as to what food I would sample ( no goat eyes for me, thank you), I certainly would not eat American junk food while on vacation.

Offline mendeleyev

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2009, 09:17:09 AM »
Man DD, you take great photos!  Thanks for the tour and we're waiting for more!  tiphat

Very fascinating.

Offline Paul

« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2009, 05:25:05 PM »
Man DD, you take great photos!  Thanks for the tour and we're waiting for more!  tiphat

Very fascinating.

Thank you Mendeleyev, but I think that's it from me as far as pictures go in this thread. As I mentioned before, Ada has an interest in photography and I'm hoping that she will post some of her pictures from Romania (maybe a RO forum can be added to the photography section of RUA  ;D just an idea  :innocent: ), she really is quite good at it.

Here is one of Ada's pics (I added the frame) that she took with her camera when we went to the ski slopes...

Registration