Information & Chat > Adventure Stories & Travel Reports

Alyona Arived Monday October 6.

(1/5) > >>

HiTech:
I will not be witting many details, only small Items I see as pertain to other things I have read.

Alyona was in shock that she did not see any people walking only cars. Before she came I pushed this topic many times that there are very few places she will be able to walk to. But she still did not have the mental picture in her head of how a USA suburb functions.

She went for a walk on her own when I was at work yesterday, she was walking threw a housing district and was confused that everyone she passed said Hello.

Shopping.
So far the produce sections have been a huge hit. Went to wall mart super center to buy a blow drier , when entering the store all she could say was WOW. Later she saw the differences of what to purchase and not purchase at a wall mart.

On the 2nd trip, she managed to put me in agony with a 2.5 hour shopping ordeal. She wanted a bag, I had quizzed her before time, did she want a very good purse our not. She said not, her first sight of the bags at wall mart, I knew what she really was looking for. 
The selection at Wall mart was from 10 to $15, so I said, you can buy one know, and we will shop for a real one later, (knowing this will be at least a 1 week many store process) but she choose to wait.

Instantly took to the washing machine and dryer. Still has aversion to the dish washer.

She had her first taste of very spicy Mexican, the experience was not a good one.

More when I have time.
Dale

Chillidog:
it is always very interesting to learn the suprises that are in store for the women when they arrive, even as you say you drilled it into her some of these differences. Until they actually set foot down in their new home, they have really no reference point on sometimes how extreme the differences actually are.

very enjoyable, keep it up

Oh! sorry congratulations is in order as well, wishing you both a lifetime of happiness!

mendeleyev:
Enjoy the adventure and wishing you many years!

Markje:
Congratulations, it seems you are on the start of a wonderful journey. I wish you the best.

bgreed:
Congrats HiTech I'm sure you will have many interesting times ahead :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version