The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Omsk, Win, Lose or Draw? My experience  (Read 37712 times)

Online 2tallbill

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 10-20
Re: Omsk, Win, Lose or Draw? My experience
« Reply #250 on: November 15, 2008, 05:49:39 PM »
Chilli, I enjoyed reading your report. Once upon a time I wrote a trip report that
opened a fairly large can of worms and like you I considered whether I would ever
write a T/R again.

I will start a new thread to discuss writing trip reports and all the various arm chair
quarterbacking that is done by others.

Thanks again for sharing,

Udachi !

Bill
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline mendeleyev

• Trips: 20+
« Reply #251 on: November 15, 2008, 08:27:10 PM »
CD, seems like the majority like you as...yourself.  That is a good thing and I believe you're going to find just the right lady.  Compatability will come your way and when that happiness appears, you'll recognize it and seize the moment.  Great luck in your continued adventure!

Offline Chillidog

« Reply #252 on: November 16, 2008, 03:06:18 PM »
u
Chilli, if you want this thread locked we can do that too - its your topic, so always your choice with a TR.

Manny,
"Sparky114" reflected accurately my thoughts as I felt yesterday. Sparky114 has some insight to my personal life that others do not and acted as a "good friend" will. His thoughts were that it is "time to move on" and begin to concentrate on what is "out there" and not "dwell on what has happened"

I have had a "night" to sleep on it. My opinion now is more "clear". My TR has received some fair amount of attention, and with this attention I have recieved very good advice, good, bad or indifferent.

I think as is the case with most "Threads" they have a life of their own and will die when the time is appropriate. For me the "learning" will never end, and so I say

"Do not Lock the thread" let the forum continue to debate and "teach" me, if they desire.

I have been doing this "searching FSU" for many years but only recently (since finding the forums) do I feel that "success" is within my reach, and alot of this thinking and belief is from what I have learned and have been able to apply to my personality  from posts made on this (my) TR
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

-Dalai Lama-

Online B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #253 on: November 16, 2008, 08:45:41 PM »
....the girl was very eager to make love with him...but he couldn't perform. I will never forget his words: "Her parents knew what we were going to do and it was TOO ICKY." He never got another opportunity and he returned home as celibate as he had arrived.

So did your pal tell you this right before he came out to you?

B/B

I can't help but wonder whether the suble implication of a homosexual relationship between Mr Icky and myself was deliberate or not.

There was no implication, subtle or otherwise, at all; although that you would have inferred that there was might in itself be a subtle implication...

B/B
Saving the World, One Clue at a Time
If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.

Online B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #254 on: November 16, 2008, 08:58:57 PM »

Sounds like C/D had a case of "one-itis" to me.

B/B

B/B

I am not sure if you mean "I took my one trip and have come back reported and now have left the boards? so my answer my not be appropriate because I am not sure I understand your meaning, but here goes

What I mean by "one-itis" is to become overly invested in/fixated on one particular chick.  Happens to WOVO guys, or WMVO guys a lot.  *shrugs*  Not a slam on you, just my frequent observation.

FWIW, typically, when I read someone's T/R (and this was true of yours), I am quietly rooting for the guy.  Really, the only time when that isn't the case is when the guy is either acting like a total douchebag and making it harder for legit guys, or when someone is being aggressively stupid, etc., but that wasn't what you were doing.

B/B

Saving the World, One Clue at a Time
If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.

tbelknap

« Reply #255 on: November 17, 2008, 02:02:53 AM »

Thanks for the trip report CD.

I think some people, maybe not you, get hung up over the cultural differences.  They seem to forget that women are women.  If a woman is interested in you she will make it known.  Of course, this is my experiences.

I think many guys forget that and fall back on the cultural differences.  They may think she is from a different culture and may be reacting this way because of it.

Don't worry about the dissections of your trip report.  I see that on these forums all the time.  Not enough to talk about or people enjoy a good pyscho book and want to practice some analysis.  lol

Thomas

Offline sparky114

• Trips: 20+
« Reply #256 on: November 17, 2008, 11:23:17 AM »
u
Chilli, if you want this thread locked we can do that too - its your topic, so always your choice with a TR.

Manny,
"Sparky114" reflected accurately my thoughts as I felt yesterday. Sparky114 has some insight to my personal life that others do not and acted as a "good friend" will. His thoughts were that it is "time to move on" and begin to concentrate on what is "out there" and not "dwell on what has happened"

I have had a "night" to sleep on it. My opinion now is more "clear". My TR has received some fair amount of attention, and with this attention I have recieved very good advice, good, bad or indifferent.

I think as is the case with most "Threads" they have a life of their own and will die when the time is appropriate. For me the "learning" will never end, and so I say

"Do not Lock the thread" let the forum continue to debate and "teach" me, if they desire.

I have been doing this "searching FSU" for many years but only recently (since finding the forums) do I feel that "success" is within my reach, and alot of this thinking and belief is from what I have learned and have been able to apply to my personality  from posts made on this (my) TR

To all those people  who maybe think my post was harsh then my reply is as follows.

I got to know Bob through this forum we both joined around the same time, and struck up a kin-ship between us, although we were at different stages in our searches, We continue to talk and email each other and also offer what  advice or thoughts are appropriate at the times of our journey.

Is this not what these forums are about?

We are all in this pursuit at what ever stage we are at, and knowing you are not the only person that is sat in your house typing away chatting to ladies / men from a far, makes it feel a lot more normal than what may be said to us by our peers, as you know in the west we are sometimes ridiculed by the Media and also the general public.

How many times have we been asked "why can you not find a local woman / Man?"

But with the support of places like these forums and the people who contribute so wonderfully to it,we find we are not alone but part of a very big community.

For this I give my thanks to the people on these forums who offer their friendship and support. :)

Bob, your a good person, and i am sure your very own "Holy Grail" is waiting for you and is not so far away :)

Mark

Today is only one day in a life of happiness

Mark

Offline Chillidog

« Reply #257 on: November 19, 2008, 09:33:43 AM »

What I mean by "one-itis" is to become overly invested in/fixated on one particular chick.  Happens to WOVO guys, or WMVO guys a lot.  *shrugs*  Not a slam on you, just my frequent observation.

FWIW, typically, when I read someone's T/R (and this was true of yours), I am quietly rooting for the guy.  Really, the only time when that isn't the case is when the guy is either acting like a total douchebag and making it harder for legit guys, or when someone is being aggressively stupid, etc., but that wasn't what you were doing.

B/B

B/B

thanks for clarifying it. I did look at it differently then was your intent, sorry

you are correct up to a point. You make a trip (VO) and after the trip, you do want to continue to build the relationship (you have in fact invested an extreme amout of your heart and soul). In this trip, there was MUCH to hold on to, cherish and nuture, BUT there was also signs that said "friendship only" and it was ONLY in the "holding on" could I learn which course the road would take me.

As Sparky114 writes "it is time to move on" and it is early in communications with a "New" lady but I would like to see where these "communications" take us.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

-Dalai Lama-

Offline Chillidog

« Reply #258 on: November 19, 2008, 09:37:09 AM »

For this I give my thanks to the people on these forums who offer their friendship and support. :)

Bob, your a good person, and i am sure your very own "Holy Grail" is waiting for you and is not so far away :)

Mark

Mark,

THANKS!!!!

-Dalai Lama-

Offline skiingandrunning

• Meмber
« Reply #259 on: June 12, 2009, 08:50:45 PM »
I liked reading the report even though I did not go through all the responses.  Anyways, I was in Omsk August 2007 for the Siberian International Marathon.  It was a well run race and took place during the City wide celebration so there as lots of entertainment.  So if anyone plans to visit the city and is a runner, this might be a good way of combining a race with a meeting.  Just do not combine running with a first meeting as I met someone after the race and they looked at me like I was from a foreign planet as I was in a post marathon fog that many people experience.  My first post here so we'll see how it goes.  Mark

Offline Chillidog

« Reply #260 on: June 13, 2009, 08:42:11 AM »
I liked reading the report even though I did not go through all the responses.

skiing,

no need, I'll save you the time  "Boy does NOT get Girl"

If you want to read a "Boy DOES get girl" (see my Avatar) read my TR from Kaluga found here; http://ruadventures.com/forum/index.php?topic=6730.0

-Dalai Lama-

Offline Wildcat2524

« Reply #261 on: June 20, 2009, 10:14:10 AM »
 :'(
I had a similar experience doing the WOVO but IN REVERSE. I went to the Ukraine a couple of years ago on the strength of a 3 month ( rather heated and steamy) correspondence with a woman who sent me a lot of photos, but the problem was....her photos were outdated and about 30-40 lbs ago. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw her at the airport, I wanted to run then and there. And with NO backup plan, I had to "grin and bear it" . She was a decent woman, and I would have been happy to have her as a friend but no more. When she figured that out, things got very uncomfortable. I know what it is like waiting in a hotel room for the time to pass so I can get the the hell out. I read and re-read your trip report and what jumps out at me is the fact that SHE NEVER TOOK YOUR ARM in public. This is so unlike any RW or UW I have known. So, my friend, you did get some valuable experience in Omsk, and if you go there again for another lady ( or ladies better) at least you will know the score. Forget this one though, one of the earlier poster said it best- imagine for a moment she is a local woman that you have had two or three dates with. Usually after this time you both know what the score was. Kudos to her for being such a class act and showing you around town, etc. But her thoughts about marrying you because you are a "serious man" ring of " He will give me a better life than I have here and Ill try and TRY to LEARN to love him..." Chemistry cannot be orchestrated . It is either there or not. By the way, I am corresponding with a lady in Omsk as well, as well as a couple more from Siberia. PM me and Ill fill you in

Good Luck

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #262 on: June 20, 2009, 10:43:03 AM »
I liked reading the report even though I did not go through all the responses.  Anyways, I was in Omsk August 2007 for the Siberian International Marathon.  It was a well run race and took place during the City wide celebration so there as lots of entertainment.  So if anyone plans to visit the city and is a runner, this might be a good way of combining a race with a meeting.  Just do not combine running with a first meeting as I met someone after the race and they looked at me like I was from a foreign planet as I was in a post marathon fog that many people experience.  My first post here so we'll see how it goes.  Mark

She was probably astounded that you expended so much energy that did not involve activities that would give you both physical pleasure and therefore you were a "Greedy" man. :smokin:

Offline Boris

« Reply #263 on: June 20, 2009, 10:55:48 AM »
I got the feeling Ski's Omsk was fishing for a deep pocket sponsor...

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #264 on: June 20, 2009, 11:32:20 AM »
I once dated a very hot sexy 5'4" latina who had recently graduated HMS (The Harvard Medical School) and was about to enter an extended plastic surgery residency in Miami FLA (Included so you could get  a sense of her priorities) - clearly a women with a very very prosperous future ahead of her.  I met her at a benefit function for Children's Hospital in Boston.

One night we all went out dancing with a good friend who owns an inherited industrial park fortune in the middle of the Massachusetts 495 High Tech Beltway Region (EMC etc Country) worth in excess of $100M plus cash in excess of $5M in his etrade account (he used to ask me tech advice and showed me his account once).

The HMS MD could not keep her eyes and hands off a man worth that much wealth and who could make all of her dreams come true.  To his credit he respected my freindship and blew her off.  Was a real eye opener for me and I moved on to other ladies.  Got to the point that we would just introduce them to him first and of course he would have his way with many become bored with them and discard them like a used condom - he wound up with a very sexy former New England Patriots cheerleader who worked her way through Tufts Medical School of Dentritry and became an accomplished Cosmentic Dentist.  He set her up  in her own practice and she gave him a hollywood smile in more ways than one!

The other accomplished ladies would eventually circle back and suggest they date me because it turned out that I was a really good guy.  Of course I would tell them I do not take other men's property and that they made their choice already - I am not into my friends sloppy second leftovers - they usually got the message.

Moral of the story ALL Women are turned on and attracted by Wealth, Power and or Celebrity in that order with great wealth being the first choice including the most highly educated women in the world.  Anyone who disagrees is cruising on denial river 8)

What they usually do not realize is that men who come from great wealth and are trained to successfully increase that wealth are rarely nice and nice guys are rarely rich as it takes an element of ruthlessness to gain and maintain significant wealth in our modern world.

If you study Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Larry Ellison and Warren Buffet or the Russian Oiligarchs on the Forbes Worlds Billionaires lists you will find that in business they are quite ruthless as are most successful economic empires (Read China and Japan and India who are burying us by stealing and selling our own technology back to us over the past 4 decades).

Offline skiingandrunning

• Meмber
« Reply #265 on: June 20, 2009, 04:11:18 PM »
I got the feeling Ski's Omsk was fishing for a deep pocket sponsor...

Yes, my Toyota Camry is so not sexy compared to someones Mercedes, but even if money was not a factor, I would still get the Camry, lose the girl, but have a reliable ride home  8)

Offline Link

« Reply #266 on: June 23, 2009, 11:59:17 AM »
I once dated a very hot sexy 5'4" latina who had recently graduated HMS (The Harvard Medical School) and was about to enter an extended plastic surgery residency in Miami FLA (Included so you could get  a sense of her priorities) - clearly a women with a very very prosperous future ahead of her.  I met her at a benefit function for Children's Hospital in Boston.

One night we all went out dancing with a good friend who owns an inherited industrial park fortune in the middle of the Massachusetts 495 High Tech Beltway Region (EMC etc Country) worth in excess of $100M plus cash in excess of $5M in his etrade account (he used to ask me tech advice and showed me his account once).

The HMS MD could not keep her eyes and hands off a man worth that much wealth and who could make all of her dreams come true.  To his credit he respected my freindship and blew her off.  Was a real eye opener for me and I moved on to other ladies.  Got to the point that we would just introduce them to him first and of course he would have his way with many become bored with them and discard them like a used condom - he wound up with a very sexy former New England Patriots cheerleader who worked her way through Tufts Medical School of Dentritry and became an accomplished Cosmentic Dentist.  He set her up  in her own practice and she gave him a hollywood smile in more ways than one!

The other accomplished ladies would eventually circle back and suggest they date me because it turned out that I was a really good guy.  Of course I would tell them I do not take other men's property and that they made their choice already - I am not into my friends sloppy second leftovers - they usually got the message.

Moral of the story ALL Women are turned on and attracted by Wealth, Power and or Celebrity in that order with great wealth being the first choice including the most highly educated women in the world.  Anyone who disagrees is cruising on denial river 8)

What they usually do not realize is that men who come from great wealth and are trained to successfully increase that wealth are rarely nice and nice guys are rarely rich as it takes an element of ruthlessness to gain and maintain significant wealth in our modern world.

If you study Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Larry Ellison and Warren Buffet or the Russian Oiligarchs on the Forbes Worlds Billionaires lists you will find that in business they are quite ruthless as are most successful economic empires (Read China and Japan and India who are burying us by stealing and selling our own technology back to us over the past 4 decades).

I think it is not worth losing a good friendship for a woman who is not sincere towards you no matter how hot, sexy, beautiful or sucessful she is, women there are millions out there but good friends in the other hand are are very rare. If the woman is sincere that's a competely different story but if she is not and a guy put a good friendship at stake then is his lost in the end. That woman sooner or later will repay him with the same coin.