I posted some of this in another thread but wanted to post it where Newbies might see it.
Granted I am not married yet, and of course I encourage others to post the things that
I have missed or you think I got wrong.
Ted Nugent Cat Scratch Fever [edit changed link]
The Ten Step Program for FSUW fever. The only cure to FSUW fever is to find a great one and marry her.
1. Buy Manny's book
2. Join Lucky Lovers (LL) . http://www.luckylovers.net/
It's something like $20 per month.
3. Get some nice photos of yourself done.
4. Put together a profile. Have Anastasia Ash (she is a member here) or one of the others (Ladagirl, Stirlitz, or Edward) to look at
it advise you about it and translate it to Russian for you. They will charge you to do this but they are reasonable and knowledgeable.
5. Buy Rossetta stone for your PC and Pimsleur language for your CD player (look on ebay for a deal) Do Pimsleur in your car AND while at the gym on the stair master*
6. Get a nice web cam and a blue tooth head set for skype, yahoo, etc.
7. Get up early in the morning (or in the evening) and go to LL and chat with some nice ladies there.
8. Do this for two months every day, then plan a trip to see the woman who makes you
think about her when you should be working.
9. Get on a plane and write up a trip report.
10. Come back here and tell Newbies how to do this
*Notice that point 5 includes getting on the step master daily. Work out and practice your
Russian at the same time and do it every day.
I have couple of theories about learning Russian with a joke or two mixed in.
1. Learning Russian is totally impossible!!!! Completely impossible!!! not even remotely
feasible!!! and can NOT be done!!! but do it anyway.
2. English words are formed primarily with the tongue and Russian words are formed
primarily with the mouth. This is why bi-fluent Russian girls can kiss so well.
3. Kissing a native Russian girl will improve your Russian!! you will learn to move your
lips like her
This is not a joke. You will learn more Russian meeting an RW then you
will on your stepmaster. You will be somewhat immersed in a Russian language environment
and you will pick it up faster. Passion inspires!
4. Learning Russian is a little like eating an elephant. If you try to eat an elephant in a
day or a week you will die. But if you eat an elephant sandwich every single day then
eventually you will eat the entire thing.
Learning Russian is the same study it for an hour a day every day, day after day and
it will s-l-o-w-l-y
The only problem with this comparison is that if you don't eat an elephant sandwich
every day and skip a few days you don't have to re-eat that elephant sandwich.
You will have to relearn the Russian you lost if you skip a day. I am living proof of
someone who has learned the same damn lesson again and again only to miss a few
days and have to do it again.
More Random thoughts (do I have any other?).
1. learn some Russian. It's harder than it looks and it looks hard.
2. learn from your mistakes, you will make them.
3. learn from the mistakes of others you do not have to do them yourself to
learn from them. I think that there were a few lessons that I decided to try
because I am too hard headed to think that all rules and guidelines could
possibly apply to me.
4. Use the head above your shoulder to think with.
5. Decide what you want. I am serious about this, make a list I did. No you
can't have my list make your own.
Udachi !!! Good luck!!!
PS ok, I lied here is part of my list.
I am not looking for a woman that I can live with, I am looking for a woman that I can't live without. What am I looking for? I want it all. I want love, passion, honesty, a real companion, a lover, a wife. I want a woman who wants to be a woman and who wants her man to be a man. (I told you I want it all :-) I am a Catholic and I am looking for a Christian woman, I don't fall on my knees and pray every five minutes but I am a believer and NOT looking for an atheist or a muslim to raise our future children.