The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Life changes...  (Read 1517 times)

Offline 2 Cats

• Trips: 1-5
Life changes...
« on: August 14, 2008, 06:03:40 AM »
   As I hung-up the phone from speaking to Marina on my way to bed, she is on her way to the Embassy in Moscow for her interview. It is 7:30AM Aug. 14th for her. Although I am told by many, her included, that we should not have any difficulty receiving our K-1 visa, I am very concerned about the possibility of not receiving it. After a somewhat restless night of sleep it is finally 5:00AM and I decide to get out of bed, go to my computer and call her for the results of the interview. Since we are always on the same page,…. within 10 minutes after I wake she calls me. After hearing her voice for 5 seconds I knew… we had success. She was unable to control her excitement of this great news for us.

She waited approximately 4 and a half hours before she was interviewed, which she said took about 20 mins. of many questions. She said the consular officer was pleasant and his final words were “Please take this Visa as a present from me to you & Bobby on your 2 year anniversary”. (something like that) The first time we met, via internet, was August 14th 2006.
                         What a great gift! What a great anniversary!

Soon the life I have known for a very very long time will change. Soon the life Marina has known for a very very long time will change also. We must begin to prepare ourselves mentally for this. It will be different……
                                                    :)     
Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat. (Roosevelt, i believe)

Offline MBS01

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Life changes...
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2008, 07:20:22 AM »
Great News:
I think for many ladies the greatest excitment is when they actually have received the "VISA" in hand.  Up to that point even if like us they are already married it really does not seem true until that sticker is finally inserted in their passport.

You have reached a major milestone in your relationship and now you will both be moving forward into more unknown waters, but knowing both of you are going there together will give you the strength to continue down this path.

We look forward to hearing of her arrival and later about your new lives together in your contry.  Good luck and best wishes for both of you.

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 11:49:10 AM »
Congratulations 2cats and the soon to be Mrs 2cats.  ;D
Trip Reports: Links to my travels in Russia, Estonia, North Korea, South Korea, China and the US are >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Chris

• Spouses Country: Chernivtsi, Ukraine
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 02:07:41 PM »
Yes congratulations and well done Mr and the future Mrs 2 cats ;)
Слава Україні