The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Inquisitive MSmoby - anyone know where in Russia this car originates, please ?  (Read 1310 times)

Offline mobyone

• Watched
  • Spouses Country: UK
  • Trips: 20+
Hi all

Currently, I am visiting Mother in Gloucestershire, UK . It is a picturesque village - with the longest village green in England...

As, I drove down the village green I observed a lady talking on a mobile phone and thought to myself - she's Russian - now we have plently of Polish folk, but I just felt it ... As the top was down, I could hear her and I heard her say "Pozaluiste"... xoroscho...

Now, I'm not shy, but I was going to a meeting so, I had no time to stop..

Coming back, later I spotted an Opel Omega Estate ( Excursion / Station wagon ) with Russian plates... so I took a photo..

I think it's the first RU plated car I ever saw in England !

Any one know where it is registered ..? I guess the owner is working for the Circus... I asked my wife and  she just laughed ... I know 24 is Krasnoyarsk - that's it ...  :(

http://*Unapproved Link*2719381659/

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
177 is one of the Moscow codes I think. There were some 177 registration district trucks traveling with the Moscow State Circus when they were in Manchester.

I was coming back through the Channel Tunnel from France a few months ago and there was a Russian registered old Lincoln Continental ahead of us in the queue, boy did the customs have some fun emptying that car all over the tarmac.  :laugh:
Trip Reports: Links to my travels in Russia, Estonia, North Korea, South Korea, China and the US are >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Online sparky114

Hi

Now not wanting to sound to geeeeeeky!!!!! ::)

Manny is right 177 is Moscow

Found the answer on wikipedia..... ohh what a sad life i lead when my love is so far away  :sick0002:

Mark
Today is only one day in a life of happiness

Mark

Offline mobyone

• Watched
  • Spouses Country: UK
177 is one of the Moscow codes I think. There were some 177 registration district trucks traveling with the Moscow State Circus when they were in Manchester.

I was coming back through the Channel Tunnel from France a few months ago and there was a Russian registered old Lincoln Continental ahead of us in the queue, boy did the customs have some fun emptying that car all over the tarmac.  :laugh:

Hi

Found the answer on wikipedia..... ohh what a sad life i lead when my love is so far away  :sick0002:

Mark

THANKS, to you both.. :) A mine of info ...

Mark, I know what you mean ... more than you know :) .. only a few days to go for me until we are together, again !!

Online sparky114

Hi

Mark

THANKS, to you both.. :) A mine of info ...

Mark, I know what you mean ... more than you know :) .. only a few days to go for me until we are together, again !!

Yes and to feel like this after only 24 hours since we parted. I think there are a few off us here who know how hard this is to bear the deeper you get into a relationship.

For me the road is now coming to an end we will be married in October this year  :) and then I hope Elena will be here for Christmas  :party0011:
Today is only one day in a life of happiness

Mark

Offline Olga_Mouse

• Trips: Resident
where in Russia this car originates, please ?
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2008, 03:47:54 PM »

177 is one of the Moscow codes I think.

Indeed - if i remember correctly, the first Moscow code was 77 - then 97 - then 99 - then 177 - now 199.

Moscow region code is 50 - 90 - 150 now.

Here's the full table of Russian regional car plates codes:

http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%98%D0%BD%D0%B4%D0%B5%D0%BA%D1%81_%D0%B0%D0%B2%D1%82%D0%BE%D0%BC%D0%BE%D0%B1%D0%B8%D0%BB%D1%8C%D0%BD%D1%8B%D1%85_%D0%BD%D0%BE%D0%BC%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%B2_%D0%A0%D0%BE%D1%81%D1%81%D0%B8%D0%B8

P.S. Manny, you can be proud! British diplomates get 001 red "diplomatic" plates in Russia!  ;D
Leaving Russia is not an emigration, rather an evacuation.

Offline Manny

Re: where in Russia this car originates, please ?
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2008, 04:39:04 PM »
P.S. Manny, you can be proud! British diplomates get 001 red "diplomatic" plates in Russia!  ;D

I am currently driving on US North Carolina plates in England. It really confuses the cops and is quite fun as I explain that the vehicle is in my name on US papers and thus quite legal and as the vehicle itself is a tourist, it will be going to the FSU, it doesnt need local registration, and we are exporting it soon anyway, and here is a cars2russia.com business card officer. They get all flummoxed then. "Er.. insurance?" they ask.......  "Motor trade, any car, here is the document" - "uh OK, I guess its OK, probably you know the rules anyway."  :chuckle:
Trip Reports: Links to my travels in Russia, Estonia, North Korea, South Korea, China and the US are >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.