The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Moscow-place to stay 2 nights for her  (Read 1828 times)

Offline 2 Cats

• Trips: 1-5
Moscow-place to stay 2 nights for her
« on: July 29, 2008, 03:58:44 PM »
Anyone have a friend or relative in Moscow that could rent a room for 2 nights mid August to my girlfriend/fiancee. Of course something close to the Embassey is preferred. She is trying not to spent more than 50.-60. bucks a night. (Recently she was passing thru Moscow and met a woman somewhere that gave her a room for $50. but it was not near the center of the city.)
  Actually she knows all the expenses that lay ahead for us, so she is trying to be careful with my money. I can pay more than this if needed (and i want her to be comfortable) but she insist on spending as little as possible. I just don't want her to be so far out of town that she could be late for her 8AM interview.
Thanks, bp 
Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat. (Roosevelt, i believe)

Offline anjutka

Re: Moscow-place to stay 2 nights for her
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 04:22:11 PM »
I can pay more than this if needed (and i want her to be comfortable) but she insist on spending as little as possible.

never leasten woman in such question :) just spend  8)
dont wait while appear someone with friends or relatives))) ask some information if you dont have yet about agencies which  you can trust and rent necessary apartment)))) if you really care about her and money not matter in that case,  i m sure you ll find good options :)
1 Life is not rehearsal... 2 sorry for my english;-)) 3 Thinking only always positive way=be healthy and happy))))) 4yes, and I am 41 yo ;-))))))))))))) 5 In life there are no rules!!! 6 but he should not be older 45 yo )))) 7...? ;-)

Offline shakespear

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 06:14:14 PM »
Anyone have a friend or relative in Moscow that could rent a room for 2 nights mid August to my girlfriend/fiancee. Of course something close to the Embassy is preferred. She is trying not to spend more than 50.-60. bucks a night. (Recently she was passing thru Moscow and met a woman somewhere that gave her a room for $50. but it was not near the center of the city.)

Sorry to burst your bubble -

I commend your financee's attitude, but $50-$60 per night in city-center Moscow is an unreasonable expectation.  2x for a basic "commie style" one-room efficiency flat is more likely. 
"If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun" - Katharine Hepburn

Offline 2 Cats

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 06:36:45 PM »
  It's looking like at least a hundred bucks it is, so she is finding. Oh well, what can you do?
We'll pay this or whatever and move on.
thanks, bp
Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat. (Roosevelt, i believe)

Registration