The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Elena's Models?  (Read 17422 times)

Offline nunya

• RIP
    • First Dream
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Elena's Models?
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2009, 04:00:22 PM »
jimsan, does EM have a written policy regarding refunds, or partial refunds, with regards to their yearly membership?

Offline skiingandrunning

• Meмber
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2009, 07:34:00 PM »
The site is a good one and it's the only one I would send a friend to if they wanted to follow in my path.  The ladies I spoke with and met have all mentioned that they were screened and a female friend submitted a false profile and it never made it to the site.  I think there are a lot more men than women so the ladies can be a little picky, but they are real as I have also tried agencies and never felt like it was a real person.  Now I will admit that I have not tried any of the free sites, but for a paid site it's not bad, you just need to be patient and wait for the right person.  I also like the fact that the ladies mostly post real pictures and not some touched-up professional photo.

Offline Voyager

• Meмber
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2009, 08:05:44 PM »
jimsan, does EM have a written policy regarding refunds, or partial refunds, with regards to their yearly membership?

Yes, they do. No refunds.

If you are not sure you want a full year then just pay for a few addresses.

Also, you can search the profiles to see if there are enough to make it worthwile

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2009, 08:10:10 PM »
My understanding of EM is that they are an aggragator of many small local sites that agree not to scam - sort of a multiple listing service for smaller local agencies that get a revenue share from EM if they agree to varify that their members are real women.  As far as pretty - if you sign up you will get alerts based upon your frequency settings and they will send you your "matches" (Read hotties) as well as Ladies who have not been written to yet or in the past 7 days who do tend to be more plain but not inundated with contacts by 100s of keyboard Romeos - point is as folks have said if you find one that you like never send money, get on skype right away and if a keeper hop a plane.  Ironincally I have been contacted by a lady several times who has been on EM for years!

EM also has a favorites and featured sections and some knockouts are also on paid chat sites so go figure... EM likes to cover all the bases :smokin:

Offline skiingandrunning

• Meмber
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2009, 10:27:07 AM »
In response to cufflinks comments, a few agencies do post the profiles of there women on the EM site, but from  my experience over the last two years (I was on and off it several times), the vast majority of the women post their own profiles and you have no agencies to deal with.

Now for what it's worth, because of posts on this site, I placed my profile on singles.ru, talk about another distraction.  Good thing I got my run in early... 

Offline Rasputin

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2009, 10:31:22 AM »
Now for what it's worth, because of posts on this site, I placed my profile on singles.ru, talk about another distraction.  Good thing I got my run in early... 

Singles.ru (the Mamba network) is where I met my wife. How has the response been to your profile? Keep in mind that it is a numbers game. You have to write large numbers of women before you find a few that interest you.
"Seems I live in Russia Rasputin visited" - Millaa
"So do I" - Molly35ru

Offline rhayes026

« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2009, 11:49:21 AM »
Elena's Models did okay by me. I paid for a year's membership and used their translator until I found RUA and ladagirl.com. The women on EM join for free, it is us guys the agency makes their money off of. I have not been spammed yet, but that does not guarantee I won't be in the future. -Robert

P.S. I also received a decent EOI (expression of interest) from women on EM, so you should get a decent EOI with a decent profile letter and photo.
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.---Benjamin Franklin

Offline skiingandrunning

• Meмber
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2009, 03:02:03 PM »

Singles.ru (the Mamba network) is where I met my wife. How has the response been to your profile? Keep in mind that it is a numbers game. You have to write large numbers of women before you find a few that interest you.

I have just looked at a number of profiles, so of the ladies on there are way out there and I'm surprised by the number that are looking for sponsors.  Anyways, I  had a number of people write me, a number of Scammers (way too obvious and lots of advertisements).  I'll probably pay for the VIP level so I can send out more than just winks as it looks like a good selection, even when just considering those who list English in there profiles.

Thanks for the comment Rasputin and you are correct, it's a numbers game, especially if you will not settle for just anyone.

Offline Rasputin

« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2009, 03:13:37 PM »
I'll probably pay for the VIP level so I can send out more than just winks as it looks like a good selection, even when just considering those who list English in there profiles.

Have they changed the site in the past year or so? You should be able to send messages for free in singles.ru. When I was using it, they did not have the VIP level, so perhaps things have changed.
"So do I" - Molly35ru

Offline anjutka

« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2009, 03:27:37 PM »
I'll probably pay for the VIP level so I can send out more than just winks as it looks like a good selection, even when just considering those who list English in there profiles.

Have they changed the site in the past year or so? You should be able to send messages for free in singles.ru. When I was using it, they did not have the VIP level, so perhaps things have changed.

no, no...there men can send messages for free still ...VIP give something more extra, check it again,skiingandrunning  :nod:
1 Life is not rehearsal... 2 sorry for my english;-)) 3 Thinking only always positive way=be healthy and happy))))) 4yes, and I am 41 yo ;-))))))))))))) 5 In life there are no rules!!! 6 but he should not be older 45 yo )))) 7...? ;-)

Offline Rasputin

« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2009, 03:29:15 PM »
no, no...there men can send messages for free still ...VIP give something more extra, check it again,skiingandrunning  :nod:

Doesn't the VIP just move you up? I.e. your profile will appear closer to the start of a search?
"So do I" - Molly35ru

Offline Ward_Cleaver

« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2009, 03:37:32 PM »
Keep in mind that it is a numbers game. You have to write large numbers of women before you find a few that interest you.

I have a hard time believe in this.  I am concerned about the opposite.  I think that it would be way to easy to find myself with a harem of attractive women that want me to come visit them.  But maybe experience will prove me wrong.  I have just started looking again.  And that makes me nervous.  Every time I start looking my life falls apart and I have to put this adventure on hold.

Offline Rasputin

« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2009, 03:43:10 PM »
I think that it would be way to easy to find myself with a harem of attractive women that want me to come visit them.  But maybe experience will prove me wrong. 

Well, the fact of the matter is that you can't please all women, so I would wager that not each and every woman that you write will automatically want to meet with you. Don't you have children from a previous marriage? Automatically, this will already disqualify you with a number of women. From the United States? Already a turnoff for others. Too old, yet more women will say no. For others, you will be too young ... You get the drift. Of those women that you do meet, it is unlikely that you will be compatible with each and every woman. Hence, my argument that it is a numbers game. 
"So do I" - Molly35ru

Offline anjutka

« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2009, 03:43:22 PM »

Doesn't the VIP just move you up? I.e. your profile will appear closer to the start of a search?

yes,also..if i want my prifile move up,its possible to do without VIP as well ))......there some number of extra things in VIP...such as person can be invisible ,etc... i never used it,so dont know all pluses :) but  just checked -this VIP status you can get  for 10 days,then should prolong again...etc ))) ...

1 Life is not rehearsal... 2 sorry for my english;-)) 3 Thinking only always positive way=be healthy and happy))))) 4yes, and I am 41 yo ;-))))))))))))) 5 In life there are no rules!!! 6 but he should not be older 45 yo )))) 7...? ;-)

Offline rhayes026

« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2009, 03:52:16 PM »
You may not need VIP to get a decent response. I am only gold level and I got about 10 responses in one weekend and had to hide my profile. The highest EM level is platinum. You get access to the newest women first at platinum, everyone else has to wait 4 weeks to "see" them. And some other plusses I forgot about, like being listed first in platinum group, then gold group, then freebie group. For me, the plusses at platinum level was not worth the extra money, there seems to be lots of women there. Or you might try luckylovers as Bill suggested. -Robert

EDIT: If you are still not sure about EM, just join for free and see what response you get...
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.---Benjamin Franklin

Offline Rasputin

« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2009, 05:55:05 PM »
You may not need VIP to get a decent response. I am only gold level and I got about 10 responses in one weekend and had to hide my profile. The highest EM level is platinum.

We were discussing the VIP on another site (singles.ru) and not Elena Models.
"So do I" - Molly35ru

Offline rhayes026

« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2009, 08:08:39 PM »
Silly me. From the topic title I thought we were talking about EM.  :laugh:

Offline Rasputin

« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2009, 08:14:57 PM »
Silly me. From the topic title I thought we were talking about EM.  :laugh:

Discussion topics do get sidetracked from time to time  :-X
"So do I" - Molly35ru

Offline skiingandrunning

• Meмber
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2009, 05:13:30 PM »
no, no...there men can send messages for free still ...VIP give something more extra, check it again,skiingandrunning

anjutka, you are correct as I guess I was missing something. 

Offline Rasputin

« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2009, 05:16:36 PM »
no, no...there men can send messages for free still ...VIP give something more extra, check it again,skiingandrunning

anjutka, you are correct as I guess I was missing something. 

Did you manage to send a message?
"So do I" - Molly35ru

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2009, 06:30:06 PM »
Keep in mind that it is a numbers game. You have to write large numbers of women before you find a few that interest you.

I have a hard time believe in this.  I am concerned about the opposite.  I think that it would be way to easy to find myself with a harem of attractive women that want me to come visit them.  But maybe experience will prove me wrong.  I have just started looking again.  And that makes me nervous.  Every time I start looking my life falls apart and I have to put this adventure on hold.

Just a thought - go to singles.ru click on UK English (UK Spelling - Even I can terp that) and search CWA (USA - California or LA or other local Cali City of choice for perhaps ladies 18 to 36 or narrow age to your preferences - you may be very surprised just how many hot Rooskiyas are already chasing the dream in LaLa land - why not shoot fish in a barrel in your own back yard??  Saves the 20,000 mile round trip! Most likely some other mule has already set the table for your banquet... :smokin:

Offline Rasputin

« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2009, 06:54:48 PM »
Just a thought - go to singles.ru click on UK English (UK Spelling - Even I can terp that)

I did not know that singles.ru had added an English version of the site. This must be quite recent. Now, guys don't have any excuse to meet millions of potential women for free  tiphat
"So do I" - Molly35ru

Offline skiingandrunning

• Meмber
« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2009, 08:35:30 PM »
I did not know that singles.ru had added an English version of the site. This must be quite recent.

Yes, the English version helps and using the Google translator to read the contents of what they wrote makes it pretty easy.  Anyways, I sent out a few messages so we'll see what happens as you never know if they'll be open to meeting someone and eventually moving. 

Now related to meeting a Russian who is already living here, I have done that and you can find some really nice ones in your local city.  The scary thing is when you ask them about how the typical relationship between a FSU women and American works out, they are pretty honest and tell some good stories (as all the Russian speakers seem to hang-out).  Unfortunately, I'm a travel junkie so it's almost no fun without hoping on a plane, now that I think about it, several of the women I dated (not that it's a large number) I did meet on flights to and from Moscow (the luck of the seating lottery, lol). 

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2009, 08:36:59 PM »
Just a thought - go to singles.ru click on UK English (UK Spelling - Even I can terp that)

I did not know that singles.ru had added an English version of the site. This must be quite recent. Now, guys don't have any excuse to meet millions of potential women for free  tiphat

Razz - I was reading your singles.ru for dumbbells section - quite well done I may add - and "whilst" poking around saw this "English UK" link on the home page and then figuring to myself hey I worked in Warrington UK in 2004 and still remember most of my UKglish - sure enough - works fine for most of the entire site navigation (Favorites though are hidden in the messages tab/page - only thing that was not completely intuitive and there seem to be thousands of hotties already here in CWA (Came Willingly Already???) - like I said if they are already here and some one else set the table why not enjoy the banquet?  For Ward seems Hollywood is a particular magnet for the hottest ones of all! :biggrin:

Offline anjutka

« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2009, 04:21:39 AM »
no everyone who is  in single.ru are really from area what they choose in this site))
i have a gf , her profile on LA area, but she live in stp...only once per year she visited this place...... :)

Registration