The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: American truck On FSU tour  (Read 10965 times)

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 1-5
Re: American truck On FSU tour
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2008, 07:09:36 PM »

Wild Orchid:

Aren't you women always saying men are dogs, well Pavlovian behavioural science has proven dogs respond to certain stimuli, I'm sure you know what stimuli your husband responds best to.  Make sure he understands he gets his reward when the work you want done is completed.

there is one, but it is too much to ask of me  ;D

Wild Orchid:

If it makes him happy isn't that all that matters?
No, if it makes me very unhappy

Reminds me of the joke:  "A bride was walking down the aisle with a great big smile and the maid of honor asked why are you smiling so?  The bride whispered because I will never have to do that again!"

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2009, 05:14:40 PM »
It has kinda become my habit now to photograph the cars we take to Estonia/Russia at the road entry point to the FSU at the Kaliningrad/Belarus/Poland/Lithuania border area.

This is a British registered right-hand-drive Volvo we have in Estonia at the moment. You can see "RUS" (Russia), "LT" (Lithuania) and "PL" (Poland) country codes on the signs here.

ila_rendered
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Manny

« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2014, 01:51:15 AM »
I was just sorting through some old photos, and found two I thought may be of interest to some here.

This is a Mustang we imported from the States - an "English" shot I took for the supplying dealer he thought was quite fun.

ila_rendered

After it had had its european light conversion, we took it out to Estonia.

Here are two things you seldom see in the same shot.

ila_rendered
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2014, 11:47:14 AM »
Manny -How is the current demand for US vehicles in EE and what are the most popular iyhbheo?

Offline Manny

« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2014, 12:34:48 PM »
Manny -How is the current demand for US vehicles in EE and what are the most popular iyhbheo?

American cars are actually quite popular with some, you see them about more than you do in the UK. Of course, as Estonia is now mostly pretending to be a suburb of Sweden of late, Volvo and anything German rule, followed by Japanese stuff. But the interest in American cars seems quite specific: Mustangs/Chargers of any vintage, old Corvettes and general 60's 70's muscle stuff. A sprinkling of fifties stuff with fins, well specced day vans, old El Camino pickups and the odd big 4WD like the Ram I once took. Modern day to day stuff is unknown, they want the good stuff that America is famous for: Mustangs, fins and big block V8's.