The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Russian culture  (Read 127571 times)

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Russian culture
« Reply #75 on: May 31, 2017, 02:50:21 AM »
On one side I understand on another side it is a form of erasing history. I suspect as often is the case the individuals citizens will be shafted.

http://theartnewspaper.com/news/conservation/moscow-s-constructivist-architecture-under-threat-by-government-demolition-plan/

“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Volshe

• moderndayruth
  • Spouses Country: Narnia
« Reply #76 on: May 31, 2017, 03:30:07 AM »
On one side I understand on another side it is a form of erasing history. I suspect as often is the case the individuals citizens will be shafted.

http://theartnewspaper.com/news/conservation/moscow-s-constructivist-architecture-under-threat-by-government-demolition-plan/

For what i read on ru-speaking forums: most of the buildings that are planned for demolition are dangerous for the people who live in it.  They will get another housing and not in Butovo. I read cases where someone gets 20m2 in the new place (still in the center) because they lost the view on the river they had and alike. Couple of buildings are of architectural value and do not seem to be in such a bed shape. For what i read, it's not a final decision yet to take them down, and of course, many of the involved are happy with the plan and many are not, as usually  :biggrin:
You know... I recall at the time when i said to one Greek lady that i was surprised how many Greek artifacts i saw in British museums, she said: oh, we still have plenty for ourselves  :laugh:
The same with Moscow's buildings... They'll still have enough  :BLUSH:
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."
Douglas Adams

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #77 on: May 09, 2020, 08:03:16 AM »
Article in French regarding severe cuts in the Russian budget supporting museums and the arts in Russia.

https://www.lejournaldesarts.fr/actualites/musees-et-galeries-russes-face-un-deconfinement-trop-precoce-149174
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Registration