The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Ladies - Why a foreign man?  (Read 181402 times)

Offline Phelan

• Spouses Country: Russia
Re: Ladies - Why a foreign man?
« Reply #125 on: February 22, 2013, 11:51:32 AM »
What happened to the old Veni, vidi, vici?

It's a wonderful quote. It makes me wonder if the internet, originally such an enabler for AM/FSUW to find and meet each other, is now a disabler. Aren't there many forums now where FSUW tell horror stories about the bad men? And many where men tell the horror stories of all the train wrecks? We really know nothing about the statistics on this, but they are probably by far the most widely discussed. You know the old effect, how the 10% can ruin it for the 90%? There are only a small number of terrorists, but we all get searched at the airport, we are all treated as suspects. People may be more cynical and hesitant than they need to be?

Offline Millaa

• looking for a hero
  • Spouses Country: Hayshenway
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #126 on: February 23, 2013, 05:48:15 PM »
Those who are doing - DO!
Are there many of them in the world?  :knit:

Молли, ты к нам в чат заходи, мы хорошие  :happygirl1:
Скептический ум - страшное оружие с собственным счастьем

Offline jamaica_live

• причиняю добро и наношу пользу
« Reply #127 on: February 25, 2013, 06:30:52 AM »
Those who are doing - DO!
Are there many of them in the world?  :knit:

Молли, ты к нам в чат заходи, мы хорошие  :happygirl1:
особенно когда трезвые  :chuckle:
People who do not listen to the advice, you can not help.

"В некоторых людях живет Бог, в некоторых - дьявол, а в некоторых только глисты." (God lives in some people, the devil - in others... and in certain people live only worms.)

Offline KhersonGirlsAdmin

• Commercial Member
  • Love and travelings make life richer and more exci
  • Spouses Country: All over the world
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #128 on: February 26, 2013, 05:27:07 AM »
Hello, Muzh_1!
Hi there! Although I am a newcomer here, i have got experience in this. Yes, most ladies want to find decent and successful men to feel secure by their side. Actually, nature put this billions years ago and it is very difficult to contradict this. A foreign man can give his woman not only the best feelings but also provide her with a decent life without any dull reality around and grumpy faces. And as it was mentioned here before, even successful ladies look for their life partners abroad. That's why search for a foreign man is not the way just to solve their financial issues.

Tell me, what do you think of wrinkly butts?

I read somewhere else that the majority of RWs from IMBs put up with wrinkly butts in exchange of financial security. Still, they have to 'close their eyes' if they want to deal with wrinkly butts.

Hello, Muzh_1! It seems to me that saying "wrinkle butt" you raise an age question? or I misunderstand smth? :) Surely, men and women have different reasons to look for a soul-mate abroad. Indeed, some ladies see a foreign man as a hero, a saver from everyday life routine, a person who can take them to a fairy-tale because it's obvious that life abroad is at least a bit but better. But how can you explain that also to agencies refer ladies who don't rust in problems: they are successful, have well-paid jobs or businesses, houses and cars. What do they lack then? From my experience of communication with ladies I know for sure that they need a strong shoulder to rely on. In Russian expression "to be married" (быть замужем) sounds like "to be behind a man" meaning that a husband is a protector and provider of a family. Ukrainian women simply hope that foreign men are more decent and respectful towards women.
KhersonGirlsAdmin

Offline sharonhaber00

• If you call it "Avatar", let it be Avatar...
  • Spouses Country: Israel
« Reply #129 on: February 26, 2013, 08:03:14 AM »
Hello, Muzh_1! It seems to me that saying "wrinkle butt" you raise an age question? or I misunderstand smth? :) Surely, men and women have different reasons to look for a soul-mate abroad. Indeed, some ladies see a foreign man as a hero, a saver from everyday life routine, a person who can take them to a fairy-tale because it's obvious that life abroad is at least a bit but better. But how can you explain that also to agencies refer ladies who don't rust in problems: they are successful, have well-paid jobs or businesses, houses and cars. What do they lack then? From my experience of communication with ladies I know for sure that they need a strong shoulder to rely on. In Russian expression "to be married" (быть замужем) sounds like "to be behind a man" meaning that a husband is a protector and provider of a family. Ukrainian women simply hope that foreign men are more decent and respectful towards women.

Interesting. From your position as an agency administrator you probably observed quite a few foreigners who came to seek for a bride. Can you tell how many of them actually posses the qualities needed to provide the ladies what they are after?

Another question that raises is if they actually posses all of what you described above that girls need - then why they actually haven't find what they are looking for in their own countries? But this belongs to another topic I guess. Sort of question we should direct to the guys here :hidechair:
Nadie no sabe lo que tiene hasta el día que lo pierde.

Offline Muzh_1

« Reply #130 on: February 26, 2013, 08:16:55 AM »
Hello, Muzh_1!
Hi there! Although I am a newcomer here, i have got experience in this. Yes, most ladies want to find decent and successful men to feel secure by their side. Actually, nature put this billions years ago and it is very difficult to contradict this. A foreign man can give his woman not only the best feelings but also provide her with a decent life without any dull reality around and grumpy faces. And as it was mentioned here before, even successful ladies look for their life partners abroad. That's why search for a foreign man is not the way just to solve their financial issues.

Tell me, what do you think of wrinkly butts?

I read somewhere else that the majority of RWs from IMBs put up with wrinkly butts in exchange of financial security. Still, they have to 'close their eyes' if they want to deal with wrinkly butts.

KGAdmin, thanks for (sort of) answering my question.

Basically, the guys have to choose well and the ladies have to choose well.  :smokin:

• Commercial Member
« Reply #131 on: February 27, 2013, 05:48:34 AM »
Thanks for your questions. I have seen men with those qualities I described. Besides, I don't see anything unusual as those features should have every man, but of course it depends on the upbringing. How many men I've seen? Maybe  hundred or so, but I know for sure that people (including both sex) who come to the agency do it conscientious, as a result men and women know what  to expect (be it a strong supportive men, or be it a necessity to leave home and take care of a new family).
Normally men's explanation why they couldn't find a woman in their country is that local women are more carrier-oriented and have different value system. Also men have some friends married to Ukrainian ladies, see their example and want to try.

Muzh_1, I did my best  tiphat
If there are any more questions, I will be glad to answer! :)
KhersonGirlsAdmin

Offline sharonhaber00

• If you call it "Avatar", let it be Avatar...
  • Spouses Country: Israel
« Reply #132 on: February 27, 2013, 08:21:07 AM »
Thank you for the reply  :) (Your name?)

If things are as you describe, soon you run out of girls ;)
Nadie no sabe lo que tiene hasta el día que lo pierde.

• Commercial Member
« Reply #133 on: February 28, 2013, 03:32:13 AM »
My name is Helen :)
Don't worry, our ladies refer to us not only from my native city Kherson, but from region as well. So I think we will have some more "resources". By the way, you can also check it out by yourself at site! :)
KhersonGirlsAdmin

Offline redfj

• Spouses Country: Canada
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #134 on: November 19, 2013, 01:13:32 AM »
I would like to thank you for this post.  I think the postings suggest that people make choices for a  variety of reasons.  I am new to the site and appreciate the discussion for confirming the legitimacy of these considerations. 

I look forward to reading other threads.

Offline Alina

• Spouses Country: Moon
« Reply #135 on: June 06, 2014, 08:54:27 AM »
http://abzac.org/?p=53145

"....Как показали опрос, 10% украинских мужчин хотят видеть возле себя домохозяйку, а 60% были бы счастливы, если бы возле них была и хозяйка, и бизнес-леди и любовница в одном лице. Очень часто они путают слабый пол  с техникой, которая может выполнить несколько разных функций в один момент.

По словам психологов, современные мужчины имеют очень завышенную самооценку, а чувство гордости, которое их переполняет за любую мелочь затмевает им разум"

''Poll showed that only 10% Ukrainian men want to see housewife near themselves. 60% would be happy if they have housewife,  successful business-lady and great lover in on one person. Very often they confuse woman with multi-task machine which can do different functions at the same moment.
According to psychologists nowaday men have a very inflated self-esteem. If they did though trifle,  sense of proud  outshines their mind"
That's typical Ukrainian  man

We joke that all good Ukrainian men were taken when they were puppies. In FSU there is no chance for divorced woman with children to find nice SINGLE man.
In my case I decided to look for a foreign man because mom of my friend pushed me in this. After my divorce she told me ''no more slavic man for you'' and she even created my profile on dating site because I didn't  know English then. She found good husband for herself abroad.
I didn't think about this seriously then, but by now I ve changed my mind. I have many relatives and friends abroad (some of them married with foreign men), so I met western men and  communicated with them. And I should notice I don't feel so big difference in mentality, views on life etc.
I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying :)

Offline Maxx

« Reply #136 on: June 06, 2014, 10:23:13 AM »

We joke that all good Ukrainian men were taken when they were puppies. In FSU there is no chance for divorced woman with children to find nice SINGLE man.
In my case I decided to look for a foreign man because mom of my friend pushed me in this. After my divorce she told me ''no more slavic man for you'' and she even created my profile on dating site because I didn't  know English then. She found good husband for herself abroad.
I didn't think about this seriously then, but by now I ve changed my mind. I have many relatives and friends abroad (some of them married with foreign men), so I met western men and  communicated with them. And I should notice I don't feel so big difference in mentality, views on life etc.

So then why a foreign husband if they are the same in mentality and views on life as Ukrainian men? Or is it because such Ukrainian men that can support a wife materially are already taken? Or are you saying foreign men have a similar mentality and view of life as you do?

What of the beliefs that Ukrainian men who have money also have mistresses? Or they dump their wives at a certain age and run off with younger woman? Or that many Ukrainian men are not devoted to their children and may even resent them? Or they take their wives paychecks and go drinking with their friends?  I have heard all of this but I just don't know how common it is. Or is this just marriage agency propaganda?

Offline Alina

« Reply #137 on: June 06, 2014, 11:24:05 AM »

So then why a foreign husband if they are the same in mentality and views on life as Ukrainian men? Or is it because such Ukrainian men that can support a wife materially are already taken? Or are you saying foreign men have a similar mentality and view of life as you do?
Exactly. I  mean MY  mentality and MY view, MY valuables....
There is opinion that western and eastern  people are very differnt. But I met men who understood me very well, and I understood them as well. We had the same sense of humor,  views on political situation....  liked the same movies, books.
I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying :)

Offline Alina

« Reply #138 on: June 06, 2014, 11:47:47 AM »
What of the beliefs that Ukrainian men who have money also have mistresses? Or they dump their wives at a certain age and run off with younger woman? Or that many Ukrainian men are not devoted to their children and may even resent them? Or they take their wives paychecks and go drinking with their friends?  I have heard all of this but I just don't know how common it is. Or is this just marriage agency propaganda?
I think that western men who are  reach do the same. Have mistress, dump their wives because of younger women.  But law in western countries protect wives and children  in this situation. In my country - no. So ''marriage propaganda'' is  nearly to the truth.

Offline Maxx

« Reply #139 on: June 06, 2014, 11:56:22 AM »

Exactly. I  mean MY  mentality and MY view, MY valuables....
There is opinion that western and eastern  people are very differnt. But I met men who understood me very well, and I understood them as well. We had the same sense of humor,  views on political situation....  liked the same movies, books.

This is an interesting subject to me. Do you think that you are typical of most Ukrainian women?

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #140 on: June 06, 2014, 12:11:30 PM »
I think that western men who are  reach do the same. Have mistress, dump their wives because of younger women.  But law in western countries protect wives and children  in this situation. In my country - no. So ''marriage propaganda'' is  nearly to the truth.

Seems about right to me. People are people. Legislation may reduce the effect by raising the price of acting as they might in Ukraine but it still happens and,  just as elsewhere,  it is very hard for women over 30 or so with kids to find a husband in the West.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Alina

« Reply #141 on: June 06, 2014, 12:39:50 PM »

This is an interesting subject to me. Do you think that you are typical of most Ukrainian women?
I'm not typical woman in general. Not of Ukrainian women only))) I dare to  say it. I don't claim that I'm better. I am not typical.  I am just different.
Sorry  :offtopic:

Offline Maxx

« Reply #142 on: June 06, 2014, 12:59:01 PM »

I'm not typical woman in general. Not of Ukrainian women only))) I dare to  say it. I don't claim that I'm better. I am not typical.  I am just different.

I am so different from American men people think I am Russian.

http://ruadventures.com/forum/index.php?topic=1327.msg15369;highlight=ushanka#msg15369 From 7 years ago

Offline WestCoast

« Reply #143 on: June 06, 2014, 01:05:00 PM »

http://ruadventures.com/forum/index.php?topic=1327.msg15369;highlight=ushanka#msg15369 From 7 years ago

I've tried blending in when I'm in China but nobody ever believes I'm Chinese.  :laugh:
andrewfi says ''Proximity is almost no guarantee of authority" and "in many cases, distance gives a better picture with less emotional and subjective input."

That means I'm a subject matter expert on all things Russia, Ukraine and UK.

Offline Maxx

« Reply #144 on: June 06, 2014, 01:15:11 PM »

I've tried blending in when I'm in China but nobody ever believes I'm Chinese.  :laugh:

Maybe they would if you tightened your hat band very very tight.

Offline Alina

« Reply #145 on: June 07, 2014, 01:25:49 PM »
BTW, one more reason for me ''Why a foreign man?'' - they cook great. My slavic ex husband coulnd't make even tea.  Foreign men cooked great dinners for me  :laugh:

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #146 on: June 07, 2014, 04:39:28 PM »
The discussion about breasts has been split off and can now be found here.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.