Dating & Marriage With Women From Russia, Ukraine, Belarus & FSU > Ask a Russian Speaking Lady - Спроси у русской леди

School Years

(1/2) > >>

PlumberMan:
Something for the ladies. I have often wondered how the elementary schools wher in the FSU? Are boys and girls segregated? Wher classes the same for boys and girls? Curious really, as this is a very impressionable time in our lives.

alenika:

--- Quote from: PlumberMan on March 08, 2008, 03:24:06 PM ---Something for the ladies. I have often wondered how the elementary schools where in the FSU? Are boys and girls segregated? Where classes the same for boys and girls? Curious really, as this is a very impressionable time in our lives.

--- End quote ---
There were the same classes for both girls and boys. We also had uniform until 1992 I guess. It was brown dress with white apron and with white laces on colalr and sleeves for girls and dark blue suti for boys.
It was desks for 2 kids and in elementary classes teachers were defining sits for each pupil. Usually they were putting boy with girl at the desk.
Usually there was one teacher for class for all subjects and the same classroom in first 3 classes. Later we had teachers by subject and then pupils was starting to choose sits themselves and numerous teachers couldn't remember where everyone in every class had to sit. We also were changing classrooms starting from 4th grade according to the subject.
Hm.. what else... I think things changed a lot now :-)

mendeleyev:
Here are some miscellaneous Russian school photos:

Olga_Mouse:

--- Quote from: PlumberMan on March 08, 2008, 03:24:06 PM ---
 Were classes the same for boys and girls?

--- End quote ---

As far as I remember, all classes were the same except ТРУД ("WORK"). Girl were learning sewing and cooking, boys - how to work on wood and metal...

As for uniform, the brown dresses were till the 7th grade - from 8 till 10 we had a navy skirt + jacket.

But I know the uniforms have been different in different USSR repuiblics (the ones I've seen in Estonia looked more like classic UK public schools' style...).

JazzyClassic:
In my school everything was modern and completely  cosmopolitan ,we had a lot of pupils from America and the UK who came to our school in exchange programmes.

I had school Uniform only the 1 grade, and I completely do not remember it, as after  that we could wear anything we wanted to.I also never was either oktyabrenok neither pioneer.
We had normal classes with boys and girls studying together, can not say it was so much friendly but in the end of the days it was fun and I consider it to be nice at times.

In our school we always had different contests, sports activities, musical performances, we had and still have such  activity called Trust Camp  where pupils starting from 5 grade and up being chosen for going there were gathered into group sort of families and each family should invent its logo , its motto and so on and present their play and participate in different competitions, let it be in English language or in Russian , some art or physics.

We had native English speaking teachers from the UK , 3 of them :) that was I think the funniest and great part of studying English language. Cos mostly they were teaching us different slangy words and expressions and we were just sharing our opinions about this or that burning topic.

Of course there were times at school when it was not comfortable there as mostly our school was arranged for rich people's kids and I happen to be there by chance just cos I am living very close. So sometimes I observed a lot of cases of bullyings and abusive behaviour towards poor kids, name calling, but I guess that is how it exists in any other school , so am not telling anything extraordinary exclusive.

In general it was a happy time mostly :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version