The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Who is in Canada? Might Need a Favour.  (Read 281 times)

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Who is in Canada? Might Need a Favour.
« on: April 14, 2024, 12:58:46 PM »
I've bought a item in Canada - just as a prototype/commercial sample just to look at. The firm that sells it won't ship to the UK, they won't even ship to the US.

No problem I thought. A bit of light Googling later, I found a site called reship.com that forwards stuff on. I made an account and bought the item and had it shipped there.

The parcel was sent with Purolator, but when it got to the shipping place in BC it got "refused" (says the tracking) and returned to sender. I can't find out why, reship.com is all bots and AI and nobody to ask.

So I want it sent someplace else that will forward it on. There's a similar place at shippn.com but reviews say they sting you on the postage. Maybe better if I ask an actual person. Hence the topic.

So is anyone able to receive and forward a parcel to the UK from Canada, with someone like UPS/Fedex etc? It's probably 8kg, and maybe 28 x 18 x 9 inches - so too big for the Post Office most likely.

Trip Reports: Links to my travels in Russia, Estonia, North Korea, South Korea, China and the US are >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Manny

Re: Who is in Canada? Might Need a Favour.
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2024, 10:23:13 AM »
Here's a twist. After some investigation, it seems this courier I have never heard of, Purolator, can't or won't deliver to the re-shipping facility. How bizarre.

I have never heard of Purolator, looks to be part of Canada Post, has anyone else experience of them?
Trip Reports: Links to my travels in Russia, Estonia, North Korea, South Korea, China and the US are >>here<<

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2024, 11:28:26 AM »
I have heard of them. They're a big name—proper. But I know nothing about them beyond that. They're not a fly-by-night.

I bet they don't like these forwarders. They probably eat a chunk of their lunch.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2024, 03:11:13 PM »
Wasnt donhollio from winnipeg?
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline Manny

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2024, 06:08:55 AM »

He was. That's where the parcel came from actually.

About Purolator: https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.purolator.com   (:)

So my parcel is being returned to sender and I have to pay shipping again wth UPS/Fedex or a proper outfit. Such is life.

Online 2tallbill

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2024, 06:34:28 AM »

Canadians

Our biking phenom Lillia aka Bellezeboob

NS1
Rasputin
Donhollio
Brasscasing
froid
BCKev
WestCoast
Quicksilver
MBS01
fireeater

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline BelleZeBoob

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2024, 07:37:22 AM »
Hello from Toronto   tiphat

To my knowledge, Purolator is separate from Canada Post. Never used them though.

Manny - please feel free to PM me if my Toronto address might be of help.
Men are like Bluetooth: he is connected to you when you are nearby, but searches for other devices when you are away.
Women are like Wi-Fi: she sees all available devices, but connects to the strongest one.