The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Fractured Friendships: How the Russia-Ukraine Conflict is Dividing Diaspora Women  (Read 530 times)

Online 2tallbill

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 10-20
Mod note: This topic was split from another.

We have had Russian company, and the girls seem to get along just fine.

The girls getting along is over now. All of them wish the war will end, but they fight worse than
anything ever witnessed here. Women who were friends for 15 years hate each other now. Having
said that, Russian women are not superior to Ukrainian women or vice versa.
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline Texan77

• Trips: 20+
We have had Russian company, and the girls seem to get along just fine.

The girls getting along is over now. All of them wish the war will end, but they fight worse than
anything ever witnessed here. Women who were friends for 15 years hate each other now. Having
said that, Russian women are not superior to Ukrainian women or vice versa.

In Ukraine Yana would not take to Russian women because she felt they supported the war. Here that feeling does not seem to exist.
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Offline Manny

anything ever witnessed here. Women who were friends for 15 years hate each other now.

I can relate to this. Some Ukrainian women my wife was very friendly with have drifted away since the conflict broke out. There have been no arguments as such, but its the Ukrainian ones I seldom hear anything about now. And my wife won't really get into those discussions at all with Ukrainian women she knows, a, because she doesn't want to fall out with people, and b, the conflict wasn't her decision, and whatever she thinks about it won't alter what's going on there.

But not everyone is so circumspect.
Trip Reports: Links to my travels in Russia, Estonia, North Korea, South Korea, China and the US are >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea

My wife does not wish to speak about the war , because she says were are so ill-informed or mangled by propaganda its virtually impossible to have normal conversations about that.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5

My wife does not wish to speak about the war , because she says were are so ill-informed or mangled by propaganda its virtually impossible to have normal conversations about that.

The first casualty in war is the truth.

Online 2tallbill

And my wife won't really get into those discussions at all with Ukrainian women she knows, a, because she doesn't want to fall out with people, and b, the conflict wasn't her decision, and whatever she thinks about it won't alter what's going on there.

Your wife has a healthy outlook on the subject.

I remember we had quite a number of FSUW come over when the old
LL chat forum was closed and absorbed here. The girls tore each other's
cyber entrails out before the war ever started. Orchid survived the longest,
she's the sweetest of the bunch (her skin a bit thicker too).

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up

Online 2tallbill

My wife does not wish to speak about the war , because she says were are so
ill-informed or mangled by propaganda its virtually impossible to have normal conversations about that.

That is EXACTLY what each side says, then the verbal/cyber fur flies.

We had it all happen right here at the forum in the Russian women section
for months? I am too busy/lazy to find the thread. I asked the girls to be
nice a couple of times. I was told to mind my own business, with various
degrees of politeness/civility. 

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev

Yuliia is the same. Her brother lives since University in Moscow. I might add Yuliia’s father, Georgian, was some minor general in the Soviet Army, her mother from Siberia does not want to leave her home in Ukraine.

Worth adding Yuliia has a strong disdain of politicians of any ilk.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Online 2tallbill

Worth adding Yuliia has a strong disdain of politicians of any ilk.

Zhena umnaya devushka

Oxymoron #1
Honest politician

Oxymoron #2
Jumbo Shrimp

For a list of awfully good oxymorons. Follow the link
https://www.thoughtco.com/awfully-good-examples-of-oxymorons-1691814

Offline B.B.

• Supporting Member
That is EXACTLY what each side says, then the verbal/cyber fur flies.

So for whatever reason I decided to hit play on that video and both of my toms came charging into my home office to determine WHAT stupid MFer though he was going to come into our house and push us around.  It was nearly RIP to my computer. :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

B/B
Saving the World, One Clue at a Time
If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.

Registration