The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Alexei Navalny has died in prison  (Read 3109 times)

Offline B.B.

• Supporting Member
Re: Alexei Navalny has died in prison
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2024, 12:03:53 AM »
This theory is difficult to wrap my head around. Why would the CIA knock
him off? A Russian citizen, rotting in prison? There is nothing he could know
that the Russian FSB doesn't know inside out and backwards.
The CIA could bribe a Russian guard, but why? The CIA would
never try to insert a SEAL team into a Russian prison near the
Arctic Circle, They (CIA) aren't omnipotent, they are more likely
to f#k it up. A SEAL team wouldn't even do it without an
order signed by the President, even so, it would be an act of war.
It would have to be signed off by a small group in Congress,
it would leak.

The FSB wouldn't be fooled and the Russians ALWAYS, ALWAYS,ALWAYS
tit for tat.

The downside far exceeds any upside. The upside is what? One news cycle?
In two weeks the whole thing will be forgotten. This has far too many moving
parts. The CIA is not that good.

You can't make any sense of it because it doesn't make any sense.  It's not real.  Remember, the Putinistas will ALWAYS be focused away from Vova's malfeasance.  Putin cannot have done it, because admitting that their butt hole buddy is a bad guy opens shit WAAAAAAY up on - literally everything else he's done.  "Russia, didn't invade Ukraine, America killed Navalny, we have always been at war with East Asia, 2+2=5."

So it CANNOT have been Putin, which leaves the Putinistas with basically 2 options: Space aliens and the CIA.  Neither of which is particularly believable, under the circumstances, but CIA gives them the option of smearing the USA, who are Putin's foil. Putin is some sort of "Philosopher King" and would usher in paradise on Earth if only Mean and Sucky America didn't spoil his plans constantly. 

The focus will ALWAYS be on America because Ukraine presented ZERO credible threat to Russia prior to the invasion, and thus the war must be re-framed and Heroic Putin leading Russia's battle of survival against the Evil West.  Is that what happened?  NFW, but the USA has certainly not helped itself by spending 80 years going mano a mano with the USSR only to become a retarded and gay version of it.  But the idea that the USA somehow sneaked into Russia and snuffed a guy who was supposedly a CIA asset, all without the Russians knowing is simply not credible.

It never happened.

B/B

Saving the World, One Clue at a Time
If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.

Offline Bodine

• Trips: 5-10
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2024, 05:45:08 AM »
Alexiy’s (whodat) death saga is now plastered all over legacy news outlet here in the US prompting Biden to announce new sanctions against Russia.

Hell, I won’t be surprised if DC contemplates erecting a status of him in front of the Congress. Maybe even beside Lincoln’s. Didn’t realize he’s this big a deal in the US! My bad.

Better I get a cup of koolaid myself to get up to speed these days.

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2024, 05:50:17 AM »
A chap called Jay Bowes on Twitter broke it down quite well using logic, not something we see in BB's argument:

• You've just given a global, billion-view interview,
  • You've destroyed the propaganda of your detractors,
  • Your popularity is 80% in the polls at home,
  • Your enemies in Ukraine are facing internal collapse,
  • Your proxies funders are losing interest,
  • Your army is about to [edit - just has] win victory in Avdeevka,
  • Your enemies have failed to undermine your economy,
  • Your allies are firmly behind you, BRICS is growing,
  • You're about to be re-elected in the upcoming contest.

So what do you do?

Kill a politically irrelevant, marginalised and long forgotten (by the Western Client Media) Western-funded stooge (making sure to use a uniquely traceable Russian poison while doing it) all in an effort to to hand the failing West a reason to activate their vast client propaganda media to deflect for all of the above recent successes?

Anyone in the West who believes this utterly insane fantasy needs to consider how desperate the Western powers, who are set to lose so much in Ukraine, are to inflict any kind of damage, at any price, on Russia, there's a name for this: Utter Desperation
Trip Reports: Links to my travels in Russia, Estonia, North Korea, South Korea, China and the US are >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2024, 07:55:53 AM »
A chap called Jay Bowes on Twitter broke it down quite well using logic, not something we see in BB's argument:

• You've just given a global, billion-view interview,
  • You've destroyed the propaganda of your detractors,
  • Your popularity is 80% in the polls at home,
  • Your enemies in Ukraine are facing internal collapse,
  • Your proxies funders are losing interest,
  • Your army is about to [edit - just has] win victory in Avdeevka,
  • Your enemies have failed to undermine your economy,
  • Your allies are firmly behind you, BRICS is growing,
  • You're about to be re-elected in the upcoming contest.

So what do you do?

Kill a politically irrelevant, marginalised and long forgotten (by the Western Client Media) Western-funded stooge (making sure to use a uniquely traceable Russian poison while doing it) all in an effort to to hand the failing West a reason to activate their vast client propaganda media to deflect for all of the above recent successes?

Anyone in the West who believes this utterly insane fantasy needs to consider how desperate the Western powers, who are set to lose so much in Ukraine, are to inflict any kind of damage, at any price, on Russia, there's a name for this: Utter Desperation
Indeed,

This is Assad and the gas-attack playbook all over again.

Official version: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghouta_chemical_attack

Assads position: https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/12/10/syrias-president-opcw-faked-report-on-chlorine-gas-attack

Meme:
General to assad: We have just driven the rebels out of Damascus and are on the brink of winning the war.
Assad: GAS THE POPULATION!

Yeah right, that sounds like the truth.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Online 2tallbill

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2024, 07:58:52 AM »
Alexiy’s (whodat) death saga is now plastered all over legacy news outlet here in the US prompting Biden to announce new sanctions against Russia.

Sanctions against Russia, like what? Russia's finance ministers mistress will
be forbidden to shop at Tiffany's anymore?

Hell, I won’t be surprised if DC contemplates erecting a status of him in front of the Congress. Maybe even beside Lincoln’s. Didn’t realize he’s this big a deal in the US! My bad.

This is the military industrial complex trying to get something going. This
entire story will be gone before March 8th. Biden will do something really
funny/stupid by then and the wacko left will have to pivot to something else.
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Online 2tallbill

« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2024, 08:16:12 AM »

Unless the guy slipped on a bar of soap and banged his head. Putin had
his henchmen do it. Nobody broke into supermans fortress of solitude to
do it. This isn't going to harm him in any way, so he did it.

Good grief, do I need to tell you that Santa doesn't put presents under
the tree? There is no tooth fairy? Putin isn't a saint? 

How did any of this damage Russia? It didn't.

Thank God that Western media wishing something (Putin/Russia getting
harmed) doesn't make it happen, no matter how sincerely they wish it.
I thought for sure you could see through the nutjob media wishing well. 

You should also be able to see through the media who genuflects to Putin
as their lord and savior. There is no conspiracy theory contortion in which
Putin is a saintly well wishing, do gooder.   

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2024, 08:32:15 AM »

Unless the guy slipped on a bar of soap and banged his head. Putin had
his henchmen do it. Nobody broke into supermans fortress of solitude to
do it. This isn't going to harm him in any way, so he did it.

Good grief, do I need to tell you that Santa doesn't put presents under
the tree? There is no tooth fairy? Putin isn't a saint. 

How did any of this damage Russia?
It didn't.

TooTall, I do not have a dog in the hunt of who or why killed Navalny. However, I do not think for a minute that any opposition to Putin isn't funded internally or by someone or some entity in the West. There are likely 100 different avenues or accesses to have anyone killed in any Russian prison just as there are any prison in the world.

Epstein was locked up in what was considered one of the most secure facilities in the world, we know how that worked out. Putin could have offed him at any point he chose and maybe this was Putins time? But Putin was by no means the only avenue to knock him off. Just as Putin could have killed him anytime he wanted so could anyone associated within and outside that prison

Online 2tallbill

« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2024, 08:44:16 AM »
Alexei Navalny not on the front page of . . . .

https://www.foxnews.com/
https://www.cnn.com/
https://www.cbsnews.com/

It's still front and center on
NBC and the BBC

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2024, 08:54:13 AM »

In another article here:
  • Ukraine sunk another battleship of Russia and crippled a third of the fleet
What people read:
Ukraine crippled 33% of the Russian navy.

What is meant:
Ukraine sank 3 battleships of Russia.

And that dear friends, is how narrative is created.
OO===[][]===OO

Online 2tallbill

« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2024, 04:39:29 PM »
In another article here:
What people read:

What is meant:

I agree, CNN and the leftist media is horrible.

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2024, 04:52:17 PM »
This theory is difficult to wrap my head around. Why would the CIA knock
him off? A Russian citizen, rotting in prison? There is nothing he could know that the Russian FSB doesn't know inside out and backwards.

If he had been knocked off by western hands and I'm not convinced he had, it wasn't about keeping secrets safe. Navalny was more important to the west dead, at tis stage and the timing suits the Neo cons and not Putin.

Navalny might have been a western poster boy but we'll throw him under the bus for the greater cause, if it suits us.

So it CANNOT have been Putin, which leaves the Putinistas with basically 2 options: Space aliens and the CIA.  Neither of which is particularly believable, under the circumstances, but CIA gives them the option of smearing the USA, who are Putin's foil. Putin is some sort of "Philosopher King" and would usher in paradise on Earth if only Mean and Sucky America didn't spoil his plans constantly. 

Quite the emotional irrational outburst.

I'm starting to think that he's been done by the prison guards under a lower level order or more likely, some kind of health complication. Pneumonia and lack of medical care has been discussed.

Meanwhile you, your media and other hand wringing pro war sheep automatically scream Putin bad and start a daisy chain meltdown, without a singer thread of evidence. Why? Because it gathers momentum for the lets fight Russia fund and the Putins evil indoctrination is an easy default to slip into. You feel safe there.

Rational appears to be thrown completely out the window because the media training is strong.

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2024, 04:54:34 PM »

Better I get a cup of koolaid myself to get up to speed these days.

Sad but so f@ckin true.  :chuckle:

Offline Texan77

« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2024, 05:47:23 PM »

In another article here:
What people read:

What is meant:

A list of Russian navy losses. It is more than three ships.

Russian Navy
5 Raptor-class patrol boats — On 22 March 2022, a video appeared of a Raptor-class patrol boat being hit and damaged by an anti-tank guided missile. According to Russian sources, it had to be towed away afterwards.[43] On the first week of May 2022, Ukrainian forces using Bayraktar TB2 drones attacked four Raptor-class boats (in addition to one BK-16 high speed as boat, mentioned below) near Snake Island. On 2 May 2022 two Raptor-class patrol boats were sunk by a Ukrainian Bayraktar TB-2 drone off Snake Island in the Black Sea.[44] The extent of the damage across the board was not initially known,[45][46][47] but it emerged that three boats were destroyed[48] while one of the Raptor boats withstood the damage and was filmed in Sevastopol for repairs.[49]
Saratov — On 24 March 2022, a Russian Navy Alligator-class landing ship that was docked in Berdiansk, Ukraine, caught fire. The Ukrainian military claimed that they had hit it, that it was destroyed and that it was the Orsk.[50] Later the General Staff of the Ukrainian Armed Forces claimed that Saratov had been destroyed.[51] Two other Russian ships, the Tsezar Kunikov, and the Novocherkassk, that were docked nearby sailed away, with fire and smoke billowing out of one.[52][53][54] On 2 July 2022, Russian official said the ship was scuttled back in March by its own crew in order "to prevent detonation of the on-board munitions by the fire that had started" due to a Tochka-U ballistic missile that hit the port. The Saratov was subsequently salvaged and was to be towed to Kerch, Crimea.[55]
Moskva — On 13 April 2022, two Ukrainian officials said that the Slava-class cruiser had been hit by Ukrainian Neptune anti-ship missiles and was on fire in heavy seas. The Russian Ministry of Defense said the ship was seriously damaged after a fire caused a munitions explosion. The next day, Russian officials said that the ship had sunk while being towed to port.[56]
BK-16 high-speed assault boat — In the first week of May 2022, a video appeared of a Ukrainian Bayraktar TB2 drone hitting and sinking a high-speed assault boat near Snake Island.[48] The wreck was later recovered.[57]
Serna-class landing craft — On 7 May 2022, a video appeared of a Ukrainian Bayraktar TB2 drone hitting and sinking a landing craft on Snake Island.[58][59]
Veliky Ustyug — On 17 June 2022, a photo emerged of the ship being towed on the Volga River in a damaged state. The Buyan-M-class corvette had participated in the 2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine.[60][61]
Vasily Bekh — On 17 June 2022, Ukraine claimed to have sunk the rescue tug (Russian: Спасатель, "Spasatel") Vasily Bekh with two Harpoon missiles causing it to sink shortly thereafter.[62] Shortly after the sinking, on 21 June, British military intelligence confirmed the attack, stating that the vessel sunk was almost certainly Vasily Bekh.[63]
Natya-class minesweeper Ivan Golubets [pl] — On 29 October 2022, Ukrainian forces used an Unmanned Aerial and Submarine Vehicle to strike Russian forces in Sevastopol, Crimea. According to Russia, Ukrainian UAVs slightly damaged the Natya-class minesweeper.[64]
On 29 October 2022, Admiral Makarov suffered damage during an attack on Sevastopol by several air and sea drones with at least one sea drone striking the ship, reportedly disabling the radar.[65][66][67][68] Naval News subsequently reported that little damage had occurred to either of the two warships (Ivan Golubets, Admiral Makarov) that were hit by the sea drones.[69] On 15 August 2023, Admiral Makarov returned to active duty after being damaged in the October 2022 attack.[70]
Yury Ivanov-class intelligence ship Ivan Khurs possibly damaged by one of three Ukrainian sea drones on 24 May 2023.[71]
Ukrainian corvette Ternopil - On unknown date in July 2023 the captured, originally Ukrainian but after capture Russian, Grisha-class anti-submarine corvette was sunk as a target during live fire exercises by the Black Sea Fleet. She was reportedly struck by a SS-N-22 missile fired by the Tarantul III missile boat Ivanovets in the northwestern part of the Black Sea.[72][73][74]
Olenegorsky Gornyak — On 4 August 2023, near the Port of Novorossiysk a Project 775 Ropucha-class landing ship was seriously damaged by a joint effort of the Ukrainian SBU and the Ukrainian Navy, possibly using a sea drone, and towed to port by the Russian Navy. Following the attack the Ukrainian Navy reported Russian ships leaving port and to some extent dispersing in the Black Sea.[75]
Suvorovets - Grachonok-class anti-saboteur boat was reported to be damaged by Ukrainian naval drone on the port of Novorossiysk, 4 August 2023.
A Russian Project KS-701 Tunets-class patrol boat was sunk on 3 September 2023 in the Black Sea by a Ukrainian Bayraktar TB-2 armed drone.[76]
Dergach-class guided missile corvette Samum was claimed to be damaged by Ukrainian naval drone on September 12, 2023, and not expected to return to service before 2024.[77]
Rostov-on-Don and Minsk — On 13 September 2023, a submarine and landing ship were attacked by Ukrainian Su-24s armed with Storm Shadow missiles, visibly destroying the Minsk landing ship following a nighttime raid on Sevastopol. The Kilo-class submarine was damaged beyond economic repair according to a military analyst.[78] However, the Russian government stated they would repair both ships and return them to full operational status.[79]
A Russian Project KS-701 Tunets-class patrol boat was sunk on 13 September 2023 in the Black Sea in a Ukrainian attack.[80]
Sergey Kotov - Project 22160 patrol ship reported commissioned May 2022.[81][82][83] Reported to be damaged, possibly sunk, by Ukrainian naval drone attack on September 14, 2023.[84]
Pavel Derzhavin - Project 22160 patrol ship reported to be damaged by Ukrainian naval drone attack on October 12, 2023.[85][86][87]
Askold (ru) — On 4 November 2023, Ukrainian forces struck Zalyv Shipbuilding yard in Russian-occupied Kerch, Crimea, with cruise missiles, damaging the relatively new Karakurt-class corvette Askold, which carries Kalibur cruise missiles.[88] On 6 November 2023 president Zelensky stated that the ship was destroyed.[89]
One more Serna-class craft (and one Ondatra-class craft) were reported by Ukrainian intelligence to have been destroyed near Crimea on 10 November 2023.[90]
Unknown ferries or barges - Seven Russian barges or ferries were anchored in August 2023 in the Kerch Strait to protect the Crimean Bridge from Ukrainian seaborn drone attacks. During a severe storm 26 November 2023 three sank, one partially sank (possibly sunk in shallow water), and two "washed away".[91]
Novocherkassk, a major Russian landing ship, was struck December 26, 2023, while docked in Feodosia, southern Crimea, by air-launched cruise missiles, according to Ukraine's Air Force -- confirmed by Russian authorities (vaguely) and by Russian media. Ukraine said it was destroyed, and unlikely to return to service.[92][93][94][95] Video supplied by various sources, including Ukrainian authorities and Russian reports on Telegram, showed massive and multiple explosions and fires, with indications that munitions aboard the ship had been detonated by the attack (Ukraine said the ship was used to launch cruise missiles against Ukrainian cities). Russian authorities conceded that one person had been killed, and other sources indicated more, though no official confirmation of the ship's loss was immediately made. Independent analysts said the strike substantially impedes Russia's ability to further attack and invade Ukraine's Black Sea coast.[92][93][94] Reported casualties of 74 crew killed and 27 wounded. Wreck apparently removed in late January/early February 2024.[96][97][98] Novocherkassk was also damaged at Berdiansk on March 24th, 2022.[99][100] But the ship was reported active by Russian sources as of June 2022.[101]
Russian minesweeper UTS-150 - The Russian training ship, a former T-43 class minesweeper, was sunk by the explosion of Novocherkassk at Feodosia.[102]
Stenka-class patrol boat — The Atesh guerrilla movement in Crimea reported that a Russian patrol boat was sunk during a Ukrainian air and sea drone attack between 28th and 31st December 2023. Satellite imagery taken before and after the attacks seemed to prove to sinking of the patrol vessel.[103]
Ivanovets — On 1 February 2024, Ukraine released video claiming to show the sinking of the Tarantul-class corvette R-334 Ivanovets [ru; pl] in Donuzlav, a bay located in the western part of Crimea, using MAGURA V5 USVs.[104][105][106][107][108]
Tsezar Kunikov — On 14 February 2024, Ukraine released a video showing the sinking of the Project 775 (NATO reporting name: Ropucha-I-class) large landing ship Tsezar Kunikov off the coast of Crimea by Ukrainian MAGURA V5 sea drones.[109][110] Tsezar Kunikov was also damaged in a Ukrainian attack at Berdiansk (Battle of Berdiansk), Ukraine.[111]
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2024, 12:09:33 AM »
While a substantial loss for Russia, none of the vessels noted above qualify as a battleship.

Posts 33, 37 & 38 belong in Russian losses in my opinion.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2024, 01:51:02 AM »
In another article here:
What people read:

What is meant:

So are you claiming that adding all that accounts to 33% of the fleet, or are you complaining that CNN does not have all the facts.
OO===[][]===OO

Offline Texan77

« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2024, 07:35:32 AM »
In another article here:
What people read:

What is meant:

So are you claiming that adding all that accounts to 33% of the fleet, or are you complaining that CNN does not have all the facts.

I am not claiming anything other than Russia lost a lot more than three ships like you claimed. This morning it appears Russia had lost ten fighter jets this year and seven this week. Russia now had a military budget expected to be near 400 billion this in 2024 up from 65 billion in 2021. I bet most of the increase is for the war.  So that would mean Russia is now spending a billion dollars a day on the war and the west brags about sending a billion here and there.  US is still with holding military aid which was only a billion a week just one seventh of what Russia is spending on the war. Interesting thing happened earlier this week. Russia missing 58 military aircraft. Sadly, no fighter jets or bombers. Some of them have ended up in the Ukrainian Airforce. You just got to love Russian corruption. The admiral of the Russian black fleet was replaced after ship sinkings. So I guess Putin was not so pleased. Over half the Russian generals have died since the beginning of the war with Ukraine. The majority were not killed by war in Ukraine but had "accidents" inside Russia. You just got to love the way a NAZI government runs.
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2024, 09:13:02 AM »
Quote from: Markje

I am not claiming anything other than Russia lost a lot more than three ships like you claimed.
CNN claimed.....
Ah, the latter. Thanks.
OO===[][]===OO

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2024, 01:52:58 PM »
I am not claiming anything other than Russia lost a lot more than three ships like you claimed. This morning it appears Russia had lost ten fighter jets this year and seven this week. Russia now had a military budget expected to be near 400 billion this in 2024 up from 65 billion in 2021. I bet most of the increase is for the war.  So that would mean Russia is now spending a billion dollars a day on the war and the west brags about sending a billion here and there.  US is still with holding military aid which was only a billion a week just one seventh of what Russia is spending on the war. Interesting thing happened earlier this week. Russia missing 58 military aircraft. Sadly, no fighter jets or bombers. Some of them have ended up in the Ukrainian Airforce. You just got to love Russian corruption. The admiral of the Russian black fleet was replaced after ship sinkings. So I guess Putin was not so pleased. Over half the Russian generals have died since the beginning of the war with Ukraine. The majority were not killed by war in Ukraine but had "accidents" inside Russia. You just got to love the way a NAZI government runs.

I'd pull this apart if it wasn't the usual jumbled attempt at repeating what MSNBC told him.

Texan, Russia has a reported defence budget of £322 billion for 2024 or 6% of GDP. Wars cost money and it's now clear that they need to equip their army to not only continue the conflict in Ukraine but ready themselves for any potential escalation of the conflict.

If you think every penny of that is for Ukraine, then you're gone. Yes they're on a war footing with a supply chain for replenishment but they also need to invest in future tech, deterrence and strengthening their ability to operate in multiple theatres.

Their economy is doing well and I'd expect this investment to be wound down, once the Ukrainian conflict scales back over the coming years. They are after all fighting against a Ukrainian army supplied and supported by the collective west and facing a NATO who continue to stoke the flames for WW3.

Offline Texan77

« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2024, 04:39:55 PM »
Take 322 billion British pounds and convert it to dollars. The today exchange rate is 1.26 meaning if you 322 billion x 1.26 = 405.72 billion dollars. Then if you subtract out 65 billion dollars then you have 340 billion dollars increase since the beginning of the war. Now if all that went into Ukraine war you then have just littles under a billion dollars a day. Russia GDP is 1,800 billion dollars. This is 19 per cent of GDP just going into war if they are spending the budget before the war on other military expenses. 

Russia blogger died. He disclosed that Russia lost over 16,000 killed in battle for Advika. Then he had accident. Russia is bragging they will find and force 30 thousand people a month into its army. This way they can afford to have one Advika a month. I am not sure where they are going to find the fighter jets or the armor for that.

I seldom watch CNN.

Online 2tallbill

« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2024, 07:05:07 PM »
Epstein was locked up in what was considered one of the most secure facilities in the world, we know how that worked out.

Those who diddle underage girls, aren't going to be secure outside of a supermax.

There are likely 100 different avenues or accesses to have anyone killed in any Russian prison just as there are any prison in the world.

My argument was that,
The CIA isn't going to send a hitman into one. They might bribe a guard, but
where/what is the profit or payoff? I don't think that political hits are done
inside of Russia that Putin doesn't approve of. Sending a CIA hitman into
Russia to kill a Russian didn't happen (in my opinion).

However, I do not think for a minute that any opposition to Putin isn't funded internally or by someone or some entity in the West.

Opposition to Putin is obviously funded internally or externally. Maybe I didn't get your
point.

Udachi!
Bill

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2024, 08:53:00 PM »
Those who diddle underage girls, aren't going to be secure outside of a supermax.

Actually there are. They are all around us and much more numerous than you care to acknowledge. Probably much more secure outside the supermax than inside. Diddling children and pedophilia is big business

My argument was that,
The CIA isn't going to send a hitman into one. They might bribe a guard, but
where/what is the profit or payoff? I don't think that political hits are done
inside of Russia that Putin doesn't approve of. Sending a CIA hitman into
Russia to kill a Russian didn't happen
(in my opinion).

That likely didn't happen but that wasn't my point. Which was, killing someone in prison is just as easy inside a prison as outside. Any prison, anywhere and it doesn't require the status of someone such as Putin or the CIA to do it. A jilted lover or a jealous husband could have offed him just as well. Most prisons are filled to the brim with willing co-conspirators. They are highly concentrated there. In this world murder is easy, not getting caught is the difficult part. If he was murdered there is a payoff some place. I only brought up Epstein as an example that prison isn't safe from death for anyone. It only limits the places to hide

Opposition to Putin is obviously funded internally or externally. Maybe I didn't get your
point.

You didn't get the point. Either Putin or the CIA can kill most anyone in the world they choose to. I believe to be a fact. Putin had Navalny to kill anytime he chose, why now?

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2024, 03:13:19 AM »
Take 322 billion British pounds and convert it to dollars. The today exchange rate is 1.26 meaning if you 322 billion x 1.26 = 405.72 billion dollars. Then if you subtract out 65 billion dollars then you have 340 billion dollars increase since the beginning of the war. Now if all that went into Ukraine war you then have just littles under a billion dollars a day. Russia GDP is 1,800 billion dollars. This is 19 per cent of GDP just going into war if they are spending the budget before the war on other military expenses.

"The Russian government has announced its proposed budget for 2024. For the first time in modern history, the country is set to spend 6 percent of gross domestic product (GDP) on the military, and defense spending will exceed social spending. The war against Ukraine and the West is not only the Kremlin’s biggest priority; it is now also the main driver of Russia’s economic growth."

https://carnegieendowment.org/politika/90753

Russia blogger died. He disclosed that Russia lost over 16,000 killed in battle for Advika. Then he had accident. Russia is bragging they will find and force 30 thousand people a month into its army. This way they can afford to have one Advika a month. I am not sure where they are going to find the fighter jets or the armor for that.

I seldom watch CNN.

Care to link me to this information?

Avdiivka was the new main battle front and many poor souls lost their lives on both sides. The Ukrainians had heavily fortified the area and the Russians have spent months pummelling the defences with artillery and air to ground attacks, followed by ground offensives.

Ukrainian forces suffered heavy losses and after losing the fight, their troops sustained many more during a chaotic, desperate retreat, having almost been encircled.

War is hell and Ukraine are now weaker, following the battle over the city. They've lost a strategic city on the frontline, tens of thousands of poor souls have perished, equipment lost, destroyed or abandoned and a huge amount of finite ammunition resources burned through.

Russia move forward and onto the next one.....

Offline Bodine

• Trips: 5-10
« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2024, 04:06:33 AM »
So far, all I can say is, rightly or wrongly, Texan is at least consistently true in his conviction.

FWIW. He reminds me of a Fab Four classic song.

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2024, 12:49:57 PM »
Ukraine says Alexei Navalny 'died from a blood clot'.

Ukraine's defence intelligence chief Kyrylo Budanov says it is "more or less confirmed" that Alexei Navalny died from natural causes - specifically a blood clot.

This cause of death has previously been reported by Russian state-controlled media. Speaking on the sidelines of Sunday's Year 2024 forum in Kiev, Mr Budanov reportedly agreed with that assessment.

"I may disappoint you, but what we know is that he really died from a blood clot," he said, according to Ukrainian broadcaster Hromadske.
"And this is more or less confirmed. This was not taken from the internet, but, unfortunately, a natural [death]."

Many have blamed Russian President Vladimir Putin for the opposition leader's death in an Arctic penal colony, with growing calls for an independent investigation.

https://news.sky.com/story/ukraine-russia-war-latest-putin-sky-news-blog-live-12541713

An interesting use of words but Ukraine have said that unfortunately, Navalny died of natural causes. They must be gutted that they cant use this for their propaganda movement.

Also, what do the outspoken western leaders who jumped on the Putin killed him band wagon do? All of them jumped to conclusions and accused Putin of murder publicly.

Biden just slapped 500 new sanctions on those responsible for Navalnys death. Will this be rescinded? And will they apologise to Putin for accusing him of murder.......

Of course not, they got their cheap dig in and the mud sticks. The clown show carries on.  :fighting0025:

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2024, 02:19:26 AM »
Rosco, Budanov is not a man whose spoken or written words have much credibility. For him, facts are a matter of immediate convenience rather than sound waypoints upon which to base conclusions.

When I saw this, I wondered whether he was, in his way, attempting to provide cover for something rather more nefarious, possibly involving the visit of Navalny's wife a couple of days before his demise.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!