The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Tucker Carlson Interview with Vladimir Putin  (Read 1459 times)

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 10-20
Re: Tucker Carlson Interview with Vladimir Putin
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2024, 08:11:13 AM »
Where to start because it was an information heavy, full on interview with so much to remember and consider.

I thought Tucker was generally quite passive but I suspect the translation delay takes a bit of the chemistry away from an interview and lets not forget he was sitting in the Kremlin. But it's also clear that had he been an arrogant, aggressive MSM reporter looking to frame an interview, then it wouldn't have happened at all. Putin wouldn't have accepted that disrespect in his own house, as it were.

I'm not sure what the MSM were hooping for, can you imagine an RT reporter sitting in the White House in front of the US president, speaking loudly and interrupting every word, coaxing them into saying something that would sell papers and justify an anti American POV. It's so bloody arrogant to behave like that.....It's been ripped apart this morning by the usual mainstream outlets, accusing it of being a propaganda piece because Tucker failed to interrupt Putin constantly and put words in his mouth for the sake of a headline.

I think we all just wanted to hear what Putin thinks and understand the Russians perspective a bit better. It wasn't about a confession or proving to the world that the guys mentally unstable with a red button. That bit possibly disappointed many. We don't need to believe every word at face value and I'm sure not all of it is 100% accurate but I bet a lot of it was fairly representative of the truth and that makes our western leaders over the years, appear quite untrustworthy in the eyes of Russia. And to be fair, many of Putin's claims can be proven using Western/Ukrainian sources, if one chooses to be honest enough.

But the Putin performance was quite amazing. The sheer mental agility of the bloke, his recall, the clarity of thought and the calmness of it all, even when he was talking about something that clearly upset him. Places, names, dates, people, agreements etc for over two hours, without assistance or guidance. Incredible display from an exceptional individual, not many world leaders like that around.

Put sleepy Joe in there and lets look for a comparison  :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2024, 09:34:01 AM »
Where to start because it was an information heavy, full on interview with so much to remember and consider.

I thought Tucker was generally quite passive but I suspect the translation delay takes a bit of the chemistry away from an interview and lets not forget he was sitting in the Kremlin. But it's also clear that had he been an arrogant, aggressive MSM reporter looking to frame an interview, then it wouldn't have happened at all. Putin wouldn't have accepted that disrespect in his own house, as it were.

I'm not sure what the MSM were hooping for, can you imagine an RT reporter sitting in the White House in front of the US president, speaking loudly and interrupting every word, coaxing them into saying something that would sell papers and justify an anti American POV. It's so bloody arrogant to behave like that.....It's been ripped apart this morning by the usual mainstream outlets, accusing it of being a propaganda piece because Tucker failed to interrupt Putin constantly and put words in his mouth for the sake of a headline.

I think we all just wanted to hear what Putin thinks and understand the Russians perspective a bit better. It wasn't about a confession or proving to the world that the guys mentally unstable with a red button. That bit possibly disappointed many. We don't need to believe every word at face value and I'm sure not all of it is 100% accurate but I bet a lot of it was fairly representative of the truth and that makes our western leaders over the years, appear quite untrustworthy in the eyes of Russia. And to be fair, many of Putin's claims can be proven using Western/Ukrainian sources, if one chooses to be honest enough.

But the Putin performance was quite amazing. The sheer mental agility of the bloke, his recall, the clarity of thought and the calmness of it all, even when he was talking about something that clearly upset him. Places, names, dates, people, agreements etc for over two hours, without assistance or guidance. Incredible display from an exceptional individual, not many world leaders like that around.

Put sleepy Joe in there and lets look for a comparison  :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

Even with cue cards sleepy Joe makes a fool of himself every time. And two hours? He probably would have needed to change his diaper at 1 1/2 hours.  :ROFL:

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2024, 09:37:34 AM »
So this is some feedback after the interview. Apparently Putin pulled a power move on Tucker and made him wait two hours before the interview even started.  :whistle:

Apparently Putin's ex-wife says he was always late for their dates, often an hour, up to 1 1/2 hours late. It made her cry, her being a woman who liked him.

People in the know, or at least they profess to be, say Putins version of history wasn't quite accurate. Seems that history is something the victors get to make up as they go along.

Tucker felt Putin was filibustering, and he was a bit annoyed at it.

https://www.businessinsider.com/putin-made-tucker-carlson-wait-hours-kremlin-interview-power-play-2024-2 

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2024, 09:53:40 AM »
Here is a much less flattering article about the interview where they put much of the blame for it not being more of an edgy hard-hitting interview on Tucker Carlson, but say some very negative things about Putin.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/tucker-carlson-putin-full-interview-video-news-b2493555.html

This article also takes a negative tone of the interview.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/tucker-carlson-interviewed-russian-president-vladimir-putin-rcna137420

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2024, 10:46:13 AM »
Scott Ritter on the Tucker Carlson interview.

Offline Bodine

• Trips: 5-10
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2024, 11:03:36 AM »
It was good this was aired and was made available for those interested. IMO, there wasn't any new revelation in the interview that folks didn't already know or at the least discussed/debated. Believe at your peril..

I remember being mocked (along with Jonas!) in 2014 (in another dimension) by a room full of Ukrainian self-declared experts for even saying it was a US-supported coup and not some silly 'grassroot' overthrow lined up with grandmothers holding flowers in their hands.

But, this too will come to pass in the US. After all, half the population still believe, or programmed to hold on to the belief, that Trump colluded with Russia to win the 2016 election.

Offline Bodine

« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2024, 02:11:55 PM »
Not sure if this can be viewed here, but here's a video by TC after the interview.

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2024, 03:47:43 PM »
Not sure if this can be viewed here, but here's a video by TC after the interview.

I am not a member of TC's site so cannot watch it.

However this looks great and apparently anyone can watch it.

https://tuckercarlson.com/the-tucker-carlson-encounter-candace-owens/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=na&utm_campaign=20240209_feb9dailybrief&utm_content=303568

Online BC

« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2024, 07:56:06 AM »

I am not a member of TC's site so cannot watch it.

If you're that interested why not? It's only 10 bucks or something like that IIRC

Offline Texan77

• Trips: 20+
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2024, 11:41:20 AM »
I won't give ten dollars to Carson Tucker. Carson Tucker does not believe or like much of what he broadcast he just does it for the money. It has made him rich. It is called showmanship. He is good at it.
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2024, 04:23:18 AM »
I won't give ten dollars to Carson Tucker. Carson Tucker does not believe or like much of what he broadcast he just does it for the money. It has made him rich. It is called showmanship. He is good at it.

You can't even get his name right.

Online BC

« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2024, 06:15:36 AM »
I think Carlson Pucker fits him better.

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2024, 07:05:08 AM »
I'll put this right here.

Lemmings in America don't know that they're reading and watching propaganda most of the time. This article does a good job of deciphering what is really going on.

https://www.caitlinjohnst.one/p/in-the-war-of-propaganda-it-is-very

Offline Bodine

« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2024, 08:11:48 AM »

Lemmings in America don't know that they're reading and watching propaganda most all of the time. This article does a good job of deciphering what is really going on.

I actually like her piece titled: “ US Officials Admit They're Literally Just Lying To The Public About Russia” pretty much the same strategy applied during COVID period.

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2024, 09:35:55 AM »

Lemmings in America don't know that they're reading and watching propaganda most all of the time. This article does a good job of deciphering what is really going on.

I actually like her piece titled: “ US Officials Admit They're Literally Just Lying To The Public About Russia” pretty much the same strategy applied during COVID period.

Oh yes I agree. Many of her articles are spot on. For those who don't know, Caitlin was formerly a young man who was in the Army, who spent time in prison for disclosing some US military secrets.

So here is an article which shows objective analysis, about US foreign policy in relation to NATO and what is best for Europe.

"Given the facts of mid–20th century history and the instability of Russia in the immediate post-Soviet years, you can’t blame the Baltic and East European states wanting to be in a defensive alliance.

Why did we have to be part of it, though? —in fact the lead decision-maker in it, sometimes overriding the wishes of European countries, according to Putin?

A sensible U.S. foreign policy would have been to leave NATO the week after the Warsaw Pact was dissolved in February 1991. The Europeans, who far exceeded Russia in population and wealth, and included two—count ’em, two—nuclear powers could then have handled the Eastern Question as they saw fit.

We, meanwhile, could have developed friendly, helpful relations with Russia as they got back on their feet after the Soviet fiasco."

https://vdare.com/articles/john-derbyshire-just-why-did-the-u-s-deep-state-declare-war-on-russia

Offline Bodine

« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2024, 07:38:55 AM »

Offline Bodine

« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2024, 05:30:28 AM »

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2024, 06:34:10 AM »
Tucker Carlson ‘interviewed’

https://www.youtube.com/live/h2xa7hHMUho?si=jQQw0cJ_8i0q4bWQ

Tucker: The current administration is incompetent and the president is senile... this is not an attack, everyone knows this.  :popcorn:
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2024, 02:06:19 PM »

Oh yes I agree. Many of her articles are spot on. For those who don't know, Caitlin was formerly a young man who was in the Army, who spent time in prison for disclosing some US military secrets.

So here is an article which shows objective analysis, about US foreign policy in relation to NATO and what is best for Europe.

"Given the facts of mid–20th century history and the instability of Russia in the immediate post-Soviet years, you can’t blame the Baltic and East European states wanting to be in a defensive alliance.

Why did we have to be part of it, though? —in fact the lead decision-maker in it, sometimes overriding the wishes of European countries, according to Putin?

A sensible U.S. foreign policy would have been to leave NATO the week after the Warsaw Pact was dissolved in February 1991. The Europeans, who far exceeded Russia in population and wealth, and included two—count ’em, two—nuclear powers could then have handled the Eastern Question as they saw fit.

We, meanwhile, could have developed friendly, helpful relations with Russia as they got back on their feet after the Soviet fiasco."

https://vdare.com/articles/john-derbyshire-just-why-did-the-u-s-deep-state-declare-war-on-russia

Edit to correct:  I made a mistake above when I wrote that Caitlin was in the military. I mistakenly thought that she was Chelsea Manning, who previously was Bradley Manning.

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2024, 10:48:38 PM »
This looks interesting.  :8)

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2024, 11:00:09 PM »
Tucker returns to Hungary and mentions that it seems like the America he grew up in, the one all of us normies miss.

https://tuckercarlson.com/the-budapest-speech/

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2024, 09:40:27 AM »