The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Happy New Year! Checking in with RUA : Dating in NYC in 2024 as a Mid 40s guy  (Read 5677 times)

Offline matador22

• Trips: 1-5
Re: Happy New Year! Checking in with RUA : Dating in NYC in 2024 as a Mid 40s guy
« Reply #150 on: February 09, 2024, 02:17:49 PM »
I used a matchmaker in nyc for years. Until the pandemic happened her rates were 200-300 USA dollars per match. I used her once a quarter (every 3 months on average).  After several years I once asked her "why is it so hard to meet someone good in nyc ?"  Her answer :

1) New Yorkers are THE PICKIEST people on the planet. They scrutinize every single detail.  Watch the tv show Seinfeld for proof.

2) New York City has more millionaire and billionaires per capita than any other city including those in the Middle East.  The 9s the 10s in nyc will only date extremely wealthy men. And by that I mean a minimum net worth of 100 million.  10-20 million is not even in the ballpark. I have a friend worth 5-10 million and his wife works as a lawyer. Not glamorous at all.

3) the other type of guy who dates the 9s 10s are the extremely physically good looking. They are never the millionaires. They are the physical trainers and the male models of the city. Operative word is DATE.  The savvy good looking women will drop the physical trainer and date the millionaire as she gets closer
To 35. 

My ex was from Soviet Georgia above average looking. She was a  medical Doctor.  She was 5 feet 4 inches. She had style. She had charm.

But she did not look like some of the best looking women I saw on Russian dating sites or Russian tinder.

This is what I know after 19 years in the New York City area.

So for years, your $200-$300/match service only got you to match up with 'average' looking women since I presume you're not a millionaire and/or a badboy, yes?

I imagine you could've mosey'd on down to Kansas or Tennessee and kick it with some fine country gal or some hot farmer's daughter and you'd still have enough left for a couple shots and a chaser.

Moscow is not a big deal. Women are women. If you can't get them wetter than a washed towel here, you're not going to get them wet over there regardless what you're matchmaker will make you believe.

also I cannot show pics but they were well above average. In all ways mind and body.  But when you go abroad you end up meeting women 1-1.5 points higher on the 1-10 hotness scale.   If you’re a 6-7 in Sweden. Come to America and you’re a 7-8.5.   That’s what my Swedish friend told me when he began dating in nyc years ago.  He’s now married with a son to an American woman.

Offline Bodine

• Trips: 5-10
Re: Happy New Year! Checking in with RUA : Dating in NYC in 2024 as a Mid 40s guy
« Reply #151 on: February 09, 2024, 04:56:39 PM »
I used a matchmaker in nyc for years. Until the pandemic happened her rates were 200-300 USA dollars per match. I used her once a quarter (every 3 months on average).  After several years I once asked her "why is it so hard to meet someone good in nyc ?"  Her answer :

1) New Yorkers are THE PICKIEST people on the planet. They scrutinize every single detail.  Watch the tv show Seinfeld for proof.

2) New York City has more millionaire and billionaires per capita than any other city including those in the Middle East.  The 9s the 10s in nyc will only date extremely wealthy men. And by that I mean a minimum net worth of 100 million.  10-20 million is not even in the ballpark. I have a friend worth 5-10 million and his wife works as a lawyer. Not glamorous at all.

3) the other type of guy who dates the 9s 10s are the extremely physically good looking. They are never the millionaires. They are the physical trainers and the male models of the city. Operative word is DATE.  The savvy good looking women will drop the physical trainer and date the millionaire as she gets closer
To 35. 

My ex was from Soviet Georgia above average looking. She was a  medical Doctor.  She was 5 feet 4 inches. She had style. She had charm.

But she did not look like some of the best looking women I saw on Russian dating sites or Russian tinder.

So for years, your $200-$300/match service only got you to match up with 'average' looking women since I presume you're not a millionaire and/or a badboy, yes?

I imagine you could've mosey'd on down to Kansas or Tennessee and kick it with some fine country gal or some hot farmer's daughter and you'd still have enough left for a couple shots and a chaser.

Moscow is not a big deal. Women are women. If you can't get them wetter than a washed towel here, you're not going to get them wet over there regardless what you're matchmaker will make you believe.

also I cannot show pics but they were well above average. In all ways mind and body.  But when you go abroad you end up meeting women 1-1.5 points higher on the 1-10 hotness scale.   If you’re a 6-7 in Sweden. Come to America and you’re a 7-8.5.   That’s what my Swedish friend told me when he began dating in nyc years ago.  He’s now married with a son to an American woman.

Well, to each his own, but personally I do not agree. Too subjective. Case in point, your Swedish friend who eventually married an American woman.

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #152 on: February 09, 2024, 08:38:54 PM »

You could do what you describe. Take a trip. Round up some dates with the help
Of an expat. But it ends there. I’m sure the women would be lovely. But it would be like “oh well. That was fun. We met a nice guy from America. Ok byeee”.

The women on this matchmaking agency are most importantly VETTED. There is zero concern about potential relocation. These women have already left Ukraine and living in countries like Germany Poland Spain etc.  so they are open to travel as long as the love match is there. 

Going to Moscow unless you are planning to say for 3 months , 6 months, 1 year is pointless for trying to find a bride.  I mean you guys said it yourself in all the other threads!

Brother, you obviously NEED a lot of help in this type endeavor. I would suggest that you just give up this idea and continue to date the locals. Every long journey begins with the first step and it doesn't appear you have the nuggets to take that step. What you may have done over a decade ago no longer applies.

You have a bride shopping mentality. No matter how much you pay an agency the ladies are not "vetted" for "you". It's nothing more than a list of woman you could potentially meet. You really can do that all by your lonesome little self by simply showing up in either of those countries and meeting people. I understand that method isn't for you. You require some hand holding and your purchase all tied up in a pretty little package. Be careful what you ask for.

Finding a woman that you could love and she love you back takes time, it doesn't matter which country you are in. Whether it is a long trip or many short ones. If you can't invest that time, find yourself another hobby. Those women aren't puppies and the game you've apparently turned this quest of yours into, is for real.

Mate, what is the success rate of people using agencies or a matchmaker versus those going it alone? Can we ever get statistics on that? Until then it’s pointless to discuss This.

Like anything in the matchmaking business, they will lie to you. You've yet to grasp what a dirty business that actually is. You, like most who are convinced by the matchmaking con are doomed for failure. It is set up that way for you to fail. Kind of like big pharma. They sell for customers, not solutions. You believe in fairy tales and unicorns. You are ripe for picking.

Many of us who have went it alone will tell you that is the best way to find a woman interested in you with whom you could return that interest. Hire a man or girl Friday if you need to but, forget the bride shopping idea or you'll likely end up with a big butthurt

Like I said. There is a former member on this board currently in the process. He paid the $9000 fees and is currently going through the selection of profiles.  If you want I can report back 6-9 months from now to this very exact comment and tell you if he was successful.  That’s all I can say. I am not in the matchmaking business so no idea how much fraud is rampant. I do know that nothing that fraudulent stays in business that long.  I mean men are spending thousands of dollars here. There has to be some credibility there. It weeds out the time wasters. What’s the cost of an online dating site membership? Some men don’t even wanna upgrade for that ? 

Sometimes you do get what you pay for.  My two cents.

So we've finally found a place quite a bit more expensive than Anastasia Date, without the selection. I think if I was going to spend that kind of money, I would write half a dozen women on A date, which would not cost so much at all, and then spend the remaining $8,000 or more on going to where they are and wining and dining them.

You might also do well by clicking on the ads on the right side which take you to a site called A Foreign Affair. I don't know if Manny's wife is still helping men, however if she is you should give her a shot and see what kind of dates she could line you up with. Good luck.

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #153 on: February 09, 2024, 09:33:43 PM »

Of an expat. But it ends there. I’m sure the women would be lovely. But it would be like “oh well. That was fun. We met a nice guy from America. Ok byeee”.

The women on this matchmaking agency are most importantly VETTED. There is zero concern about potential relocation. These women have already left Ukraine and living in countries like Germany Poland Spain etc.  so they are open to travel as long as the love match is there. 

Going to Moscow unless you are planning to say for 3 months , 6 months, 1 year is pointless for trying to find a bride.  I mean you guys said it yourself in all the other threads!

Brother, you obviously NEED a lot of help in this type endeavor. I would suggest that you just give up this idea and continue to date the locals. Every long journey begins with the first step and it doesn't appear you have the nuggets to take that step. What you may have done over a decade ago no longer applies.

You have a bride shopping mentality. No matter how much you pay an agency the ladies are not "vetted" for "you". It's nothing more than a list of woman you could potentially meet. You really can do that all by your lonesome little self by simply showing up in either of those countries and meeting people. I understand that method isn't for you. You require some hand holding and your purchase all tied up in a pretty little package. Be careful what you ask for.

Finding a woman that you could love and she love you back takes time, it doesn't matter which country you are in. Whether it is a long trip or many short ones. If you can't invest that time, find yourself another hobby. Those women aren't puppies and the game you've apparently turned this quest of yours into, is for real.

Mate, what is the success rate of people using agencies or a matchmaker versus those going it alone? Can we ever get statistics on that? Until then it’s pointless to discuss This.

Like anything in the matchmaking business, they will lie to you. You've yet to grasp what a dirty business that actually is. You, like most who are convinced by the matchmaking con are doomed for failure. It is set up that way for you to fail. Kind of like big pharma. They sell for customers, not solutions. You believe in fairy tales and unicorns. You are ripe for picking.

Many of us who have went it alone will tell you that is the best way to find a woman interested in you with whom you could return that interest. Hire a man or girl Friday if you need to but, forget the bride shopping idea or you'll likely end up with a big butthurt

Like I said. There is a former member on this board currently in the process. He paid the $9000 fees and is currently going through the selection of profiles.  If you want I can report back 6-9 months from now to this very exact comment and tell you if he was successful.  That’s all I can say. I am not in the matchmaking business so no idea how much fraud is rampant. I do know that nothing that fraudulent stays in business that long.  I mean men are spending thousands of dollars here. There has to be some credibility there. It weeds out the time wasters. What’s the cost of an online dating site membership? Some men don’t even wanna upgrade for that ? 

So we've finally found a place quite a bit more expensive than Anastasia Date, without the selection. I think if I was going to spend that kind of money, I would write half a dozen women on A date, which would not cost so much at all, and then spend the remaining $8,000 or more on going to where they are and wining and dining them.

You might also do well by clicking on the ads on the right side which take you to a site called A Foreign Affair. I don't know if Manny's wife is still helping men, however if she is you should give her a shot and see what kind of dates she could line you up with. Good luck.

These are 106 new profiles at A Foreign Affair. Enjoy!

https://www.loveme.com/women/update.htm

Offline matador22

« Reply #154 on: February 09, 2024, 10:21:41 PM »

I thought these sort of tours never worked? Am I wrong ? Any guys here who met their wife through a romance tour ?

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #155 on: February 09, 2024, 11:46:48 PM »

I thought these sort of tours never worked? Am I wrong ? Any guys here who met their wife through a romance tour ?

AJ hasn't posted in awhile. IIRC he met his wife thru Anastasia Date. Not on a tour, simply by writing her and then going to Ukraine to meet her.

Online B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #156 on: February 10, 2024, 12:56:12 AM »

Out of that half-dozen, how many do you think you would meet?  There's be fakes and flakes and you might meet 1 or 2. 

You can meet actual women on A-date, but the best move is to move communications off of there ASAP.  I suspect that you will find a lot of girls how suddenly break there phones accidentally, or have other problems.  Even the "good girls" get offers to let someone else sit and chat for them.  Some do it some do not.  Adate is an aggregator and I would imagine policing the 4 and 5 girl feeder agencies is difficult.  The profit motive is too strong.

I get mails from a site I didn't sign up for.  I checked them out, for fun, and there are a lot of AI girls there, like this one, this one, and this one.  Probably not a flesh and blood girl on their site. 

In a year or 2, at least 50% will be AI.  I suppose I am being conservative.

B/B

Saving the World, One Clue at a Time
If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #157 on: February 10, 2024, 01:26:32 AM »

Out of that half-dozen, how many do you think you would meet?  There's be fakes and flakes and you might meet 1 or 2. 

You can meet actual women on A-date, but the best move is to move communications off of there ASAP.  I suspect that you will find a lot of girls how suddenly break there phones accidentally, or have other problems.  Even the "good girls" get offers to let someone else sit and chat for them.  Some do it some do not.  Adate is an aggregator and I would imagine policing the 4 and 5 girl feeder agencies is difficult.  The profit motive is too strong.

I get mails from a site I didn't sign up for.  I checked them out, for fun, and there are a lot of AI girls there, like this one, this one, and this one.  Probably not a flesh and blood girl on their site. 

B/B

The first one definitely looked to be AI. Sad that this is what the World has come to...

I would not personally wish to use A date. I am only suggesting to him that A date would be a better choice than blowing 9K on what is clearly a rip off, IMO. I think going over there and trying to actually meet just one or two of the A date gals you wrote to, would be more fun than what is more than likely going to happen to him if he blows 5K or 9K or whatever it ends up being, with the site he spoke about.

See, if he went over there and tried to meet a couple of A date gals, it didn't work out, than maybe if he had some game he could still meet some local gals. Using Tinder or VK or something...At least if he went to a major city like Moscow or St. Petersburg during the summer, that would be a nice vacation no matter what, IMO.

BTW, here's an old fashioned love story, of how people used to meet. IOW you have to be out there as a tourist, or if it's your home city, just walking around, in order to meet someone. At least that's how it was before people got "smart phones" and headphones and became dead to their surroundings.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/she-arranged-date-guy-she-150308158.html

Offline matador22

« Reply #158 on: February 10, 2024, 07:20:36 AM »

B/B

The first one definitely looked to be AI. Sad that this is what the World has come to...

I would not personally wish to use A date. I am only suggesting to him that A date would be a better choice than blowing 9K on what is clearly a rip off, IMO. I think going over there and trying to actually meet just one or two of the A date gals you wrote to, would be more fun than what is more than likely going to happen to him if he blows 5K or 9K or whatever it ends up being, with the site he spoke about.

See, if he went over there and tried to meet a couple of A date gals, it didn't work out, than maybe if he had some game he could still meet some local gals. Using Tinder or VK or something...At least if he went to a major city like Moscow or St. Petersburg during the summer, that would be a nice vacation no matter what, IMO.

BTW, here's an old fashioned love story, of how people used to meet. IOW you have to be out there as a tourist, or if it's your home city, just walking around, in order to meet someone. At least that's how it was before people got "smart phones" and headphones and became dead to their surroundings.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/she-arranged-date-guy-she-150308158.html

That's an awesome love story and stuff like that still happens! I have some friends with similar encounters. 

I am not signing up for Anastasia Dating.  That also is an expensive venture where you never know what's real and what's fake and it is incredibly time consuming.

As for Heart rocket matchmaker how can you just assume it's a rip off? like i said send me your venmo. I will pay you right now 100 usa dollars and you can speak with the owners themselves.  It works just as advertised. It's definitely more expensive but to just make some remark that it's a rip off? not cool bro.

I was speaking to a friend who has been living in buenos aires argentina since october 2023.  He is getting the lay of the land. pun intended! just kidding.  he's using the regular dating apps like tinder bumble hinge etc but he is getting 50 percent more matches than he did in Toronto Canada where he was resigned to feeling like he would have another year with zero dates. 

Anyway i think that truly is the most effective way after all this. You have to just live in russia for a few months to start.  then start swiping or hitting the bars cafes parks etc.  It's a longer process than a matchmaker but probably better in the long run.  Now i have to arrange with my business partners to let me take a 3 month trip to russia.  haha!  :ROFL:

Offline matador22

« Reply #159 on: February 10, 2024, 07:25:33 AM »

To 35. 

Well, to each his own, but personally I do not agree. Too subjective. Case in point, your Swedish friend who eventually married an American woman.

Agreed yes it is my anecdotal experiences.  But to be fair my swedish friend was tall six feet tall 2 inches who was very much in shape and blonde hair and blue eyes.  I am the same height as him. I have darker hair and skin color.  We would walk into bars and almost immediately the women would gravitate towards him.  anyway we all whether short or tall or brown or white have to compete in the same arena. Best of luck!

Offline matador22

« Reply #160 on: February 10, 2024, 07:28:53 AM »

B/B

THANK YOU! I think the era of the keyboard romeo is finally over.  Unless you want to throw away precious money and time do not even bother emailing women in FSU/Russia unless you live 20 minutes away from their city center.  Do not live in america or canada and try to develop some leads to follow months later.  i mean there are some genuine websites that i have tried:  brides and lovers recommended by this forum, and euro cupid.  That's all i found.  the rest seem filled with unrealistically attractive women.  Anyway living in the country is the best.  I am now convinced.  there is no other way.