Information & Chat > The Expatriate Life: Living in the FSU, Asia or Elsewhere

British citizens in the Russian Federation

(1/1)

Steveboy:
We got a new group being formed with the help of RT with funding also.

Going to be regular meet ups and TV interviews and so on :smokin:

Will post some links when it finally gets going.

Manny:
Oh, that's interesting.

I remember when Westy once told us this: Westcoast: Nobody immigrates to the FSU from the west.  :chuckle:

Steveboy:

--- Quote from: Manny on November 30, 2023, 07:07:54 AM ---Oh, that's interesting.

I remember when Westy once told us this: Westcoast: Nobody immigrates to the FSU from the west.  :chuckle:

--- End quote ---

There are plenty of people coming here, was only speaking to a guy yesterday from the UK planning to relocate. There are even more who are married to Russian women moved to the US some years back had enough of the way the country is going, same in Western Europe, so they decided to return to the Motherland for a normal life..every week people are returning.. need the proof. Join Facebook Moscow expats. 

Steveboy:
There are several big groups for foreigners living in Russia .. just look up expats in Russia .. join the group and be ready to be surprised..

Here are just a few examples from one group from just the last few months. There are more people relocating here than most could imagine. Why not Russia has every thing, opportunities , women, good standard of living and much much more..and of Course you can make lots of $$$$$$$$$$$ :thumbsup:

Manny:

--- Quote from: Steveboy on November 30, 2023, 08:57:53 AM ---and of course, you can make lots of $$$$$$$$$$$ :thumbsup:

--- End quote ---

We once considered living in Russia when we first got married. We went as far as looking at houses, etc.

What stopped me was my lack of fluency in the language, although that would improve over time. Corruption was a factor - everyone wants a few extra quid to get something done - from the plumber to the passport office. But for me, the Russian Post Office was the biggest factor. At that time, I was looking to make a living selling online (which I now do). Shipping from Russia at that time was taking 4-6 weeks. The domestic online market wasn't sophisticated enough either. Online shopping was in its infancy there. There was some kind of cash-on-delivery deal going on rather than payment upfront. The country and its infrastructure just wasn't yet ready for what I wanted to do. I am sure that has changed now. 

We looked at Estonia too, having a place there. We didn't live there for similar but different reasons.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version