The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Israel and Palestine  (Read 3106 times)

Offline Jonas!

• Spouses Country: Colombia
  • Trips: 10-20
Re: Israel and Palestine
« Reply #100 on: October 24, 2023, 10:13:35 PM »

it won't be long before a terrorist group gets their hands on a stinger missile and sets one off at the end of a European or American commercial airport runway.
I hadn't thought of that type of terrorism.  To be frank, I'm surprised this type of incident hasn't already happened.  After I read your post, I did a little reading.  It seems that it would likely take a couple stinger like missiles to take out a large airport jet, depending on how high it was and other factors. 

Jonas!   

Offline Bodine

• Trips: 5-10
« Reply #101 on: October 25, 2023, 07:17:43 AM »
Read from Telegraph:

Western support for Israel’s assault on Gaza has poisoned efforts to build consensus with significant developing countries on condemning Russia’s war against Ukraine, officials and diplomats have warned.

🔶️ “We have definitely lost the battle in the Global South,” said one senior G7 diplomat. “All the work we have done with the Global South [over Ukraine] has been lost . . . Forget about rules, forget about world order. They won’t ever listen to us again.”

🔶️ “I mean, let’s be frank. This is a gift from heaven for Russia,” said a senior EU official. “I think it’s damaging what’s happening . . . because Russia is exploiting the crisis and saying, ‘Look, the global order that has been built after the second world war is not working for you,’ and addressing 1bn inhabitants in the Middle East or in the Arab world.”

https://www.ft.com/content/e0b43918-7eaf-4a11-baaf-d6d7fb61a8a5

Putin: "American aircraft carriers stationed in the Mediterranean Sea are within the range of Russian airborne hypersonic missiles in the Black Sea", this is not a warning, but only a reminder”

Online Texan77

• Trips: 20+
« Reply #102 on: October 25, 2023, 05:14:53 PM »
Israel's Iron Beam is coming online.

3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #103 on: December 07, 2023, 07:36:24 PM »
Read from Telegraph:

Western support for Israel’s assault on Gaza has poisoned efforts to build consensus with significant developing countries on condemning Russia’s war against Ukraine, officials and diplomats have warned.

🔶️ “We have definitely lost the battle in the Global South,” said one senior G7 diplomat. “All the work we have done with the Global South [over Ukraine] has been lost . . . Forget about rules, forget about world order. They won’t ever listen to us again.”

🔶️ “I mean, let’s be frank. This is a gift from heaven for Russia,” said a senior EU official. “I think it’s damaging what’s happening . . . because Russia is exploiting the crisis and saying, ‘Look, the global order that has been built after the second world war is not working for you,’ and addressing 1bn inhabitants in the Middle East or in the Arab world.”

https://www.ft.com/content/e0b43918-7eaf-4a11-baaf-d6d7fb61a8a5

Putin: "American aircraft carriers stationed in the Mediterranean Sea are within the range of Russian airborne hypersonic missiles in the Black Sea", this is not a warning, but only a reminder”

Yes, there are repercussions to being a Nation which claims to support human rights, and financing and giving large bombs to a nation out of control which is using those bombs on civilians in a city, when those bombs were only produced to be used in combat zones.

The following article shows the destruction caused by the bombings, and shows graphic photos of children who have been injured in the process. At this point at least 17,000 civilians have been killed, most are women and children. Truly horrific and tragic.

"Gaza has been ravaged by more than two months of relentless Israeli bombardment that has levelled entire neighbourhoods and delivered death and destruction to the enclave’s 2.3 million residents.

Hospitals, schools and refugee camps (as well as Mosques and Churches) have been targeted, with United Nations personnel and facilities also attacked by Israel at unprecedented rates.

More than 17,000 people have been killed in the Israeli assault, according to Palestinian authorities, including more than 7,000 children.

Hundreds of thousands of others have been displaced within the Gaza Strip and more than 46,000 people in Gaza have been injured since then.

Less than 1 percent of wounded people have been evacuated via the Rafah Crossing to Egypt for treatment, Gaza health ministry spokesperson Ashraf al-Qidra said on Thursday."

https://www.aljazeera.com/gallery/2023/12/7/photos-death-and-devastation-in-gaza-after-two-months-of-israel-hamas-war

Offline Contrarian

If Christ Were Born Today, He Would be Born Under Rubble
« Reply #104 on: December 07, 2023, 07:40:41 PM »
This happens because people like Joe Schmo in America think it is A - okay.

Screw the Palestinian Christians who were born in the birthplace of Jesus Christ, say the heretics.

And screw the rest of them as well, apparently. The Pharisees are alive and well; many of them profess to be Christian.

I did not know that the Beatitudes said "blessed are the genocidal warmongers". Maybe some of the mental giants here can show me where I somehow missed that.

In Bethlehem, the Lutheran Church decided that its Christmas nativity scene would reflect the reality of children living and being born in Palestine today, placing the symbolic Baby Jesus in a manger of rubble and destruction.

It is a poignant representation of the suffering of Gaza’s children who find themselves buried under what is left of their own homes, victims of relentless Israeli bombardment.

“If Christ were to be born today,” Reverend Munther Isaac said, “he would be born under the rubble and Israeli shelling.

“This is a powerful message we send to the world celebrating the holidays.”

The true meaning of Christmas
For Isaac and other church leaders, this was a way to convey a message reflecting the birth of Christ, the messenger of justice, peace and dignity for humanity.

Christ was not born among the conquerors or those with military power, he said, but in an occupied country, which is what Palestine was 2,000 years ago.

“Bethlehem is sad and broken. We are all in pain about what is happening in Gaza, feeling helpless and overwhelmed by our inability to offer anything,” he said.

Reverend Munther Isaac kneels by the manger
‘Bethlehem is sad and broken,’ Reverend Munther Isaac said [Munjed Jado/Al Jazeera]
Um Bishara, a mother of four, told Al Jazeera she was surprised to see the nativity scene with Baby Jesus in the rubble on Sunday.

Weeping, she had to sit down as the significance of the display hit her and dedicated her fervent prayers to the children of Gaza, praying that they find peace and safety.

A devout woman, Um Bishara hopes the prayers of the Holy Land’s faithful at Christmas can stop the pain and killing, replacing them with hope and peace.

Forgetting the Palestinian Christians

Two weeks ago, Isaac delivered a letter from the churches of Bethlehem, a city of significant religious importance, to the US administration in Washington, DC.

The letter urged US President Biden, the US Congress and heads of US churches to apply Christ’s message rejecting injustice and called for an end to the genocidal war in Gaza.

“Some people in the West forget the existence of Palestinian Christians. This war affects everything Palestinian, whether Muslim or Christian. It is our responsibility now to raise our voices as a nation to stop this war,” Isaac said.

Reverend Munther Isaac kneels by the manger
Isaac feels the West has forgotten the Christians of Palestine, where Christ was born [Munjed Jado/Al Jazeera]
Continuing, he explained how saddened he was by several conversations he had in the US where he was told that Israel’s assault on Gaza was justified as self-defence. However, he added, the thousands of children and innocents killed daily, and the churches and hospitals being bombed do not figure in their calculus.

He knows the struggle to bring about change will be long because the Palestinian struggle is not only this war but a deeper struggle to affirm the legitimacy of Palestinian existence.

Anton Nassar, principal of the Dar Al-Kalima Lutheran School, said Bethlehem is sad and in pain this year but it has not lost hope.

He explained that while the nativity scene represents the reality of Palestinian lives, it also reflects hope as the infant Jesus is born in the rubble, a new light amidst pain.

He said, “We believe in the existence of hope and the hope of the birth of Jesus in the city of peace, the holy city.

“This is what is reflected in this painting placed in the church where we pray for a just peace in our country. We pray for an immediate cessation of the genocidal war on Gaza and for the people of Gaza to enjoy a peace built on justice.”

“Christmas is in the heart,” Nassar said. “We pray and invoke Jesus to be born again in our lives, our country, our churches, and our schools so that we can live in peace and stability and achieve our independent state with its capital, Jerusalem.”

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/12/7/if-christ-were-born-today-he-would-be-born-under-rubble-israeli-bombing

Offline Contrarian

RIP Refaat Alareer
« Reply #105 on: December 08, 2023, 07:18:57 PM »
Poet and Scholar Refaat Alareer was killed today in Gaza. May he Rest In Peace.

If I must die
You must live
To tell my story
To sell my things
To buy a piece of cloth
And some strings,
Make it white with a long tail
So that a child, somewhere in Gaza
While looking heaven in the eye
Awaiting his dad who left in a blaze-
And bid no one farewell
Not even to his flesh
Not even to himself
Sees the kite, my kite you made, flying up
Above
And thinks for a moment an Angel is there
Bringing back love
If I must die
Let it bring hope
Let it be a tale

https://twitter.com/itranslate123/status/1719701312990830934

https://lithub.com/poet-and-scholar-refaat-alareer-has-been-killed-by-an-israeli-airstrike/

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #106 on: December 19, 2023, 09:23:35 PM »
The IDF accidentally kills 3 hostages waving a white flag

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/3-hostages-in-gaza-killed-by-friendly-fire-israeli-military-says/

"Israel supporters always say “Hamas just needs to surrender and everything will be fine.”

Surrender? You mean wave a white flag?"

https://www.caitlinjohnst.one/p/the-idf-are-so-good-at-killing-israelis?utm_source=profile&utm_medium=reader2.

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #107 on: January 26, 2024, 08:31:10 PM »
It looks like South Africa has prevailed in charging Israel. However they did not order a ceasefire...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/live-blog/israel-hamas-war-live-updates-rcna135801

Offline Bodine

• Trips: 5-10
« Reply #108 on: February 05, 2024, 02:57:25 PM »
Sad we are actually 'forced', by taxation, to support a state of committing genocide and its ghastly acts of terrorism.

Biden/Harris 2024!!