The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Crazy Times in Our World Today  (Read 1768 times)

Offline Bodine

• Trips: 5-10
Re: Crazy Times in Our World Today
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2023, 04:52:21 AM »
I was digging much of what Nikki Haley was saying until she got to the subject of aid to Ukraine. She even got hostile towards Vivek for having a counter narrative to the point she won’t even let him offer a riposte. It’s good she revealed herself at this early stage.

These idiots really are paid jokers.

Maybe you would rather vote for a democrat? By super Tuesday it will be all over and we will have the republican choice. But I do know if it is someone you like then Biden will likely be president another term. Let's just pretend Nikki Haley won and the choice is her or Biden. Are you going to vote for Biden?

There’s a segment last night where it was mentioned only 39% of Americans feel ‘honored’ being an American. The decline, it was stated, ‘especially in the past 20 years’. I think it’s slightly longer than that.

I’m one of those. I still love this country but I am disgusted with the people who had led it especially the idiotic ‘divider-in-chief’ Hussein.

I’ve laid witness to what the subversive acts of the Dems these past 7-8 years making our nation a banana republic. But I am also not lost in the fact Republicans are no better for the most part.

As for Trump, I have never supported a candidate more than I did with him. The guy governed this country ‘better’ than anyone the past generation. That, despite the unconstitutional disruptive actions of the opposition party during his entire term up to present time.

I stopped my support when he ordered to pull all our troops out of Afghanistan before Biden’s inauguration just for spite. I also didn’t agree excluding the residing government of Afghanistan in the peace negotiations with the Talibans. That was highly sacrificially done as though we rushed through that to make sure it was done before the end of his term.

Vivek, Ron snd RFK for me so far.

As for Biden, you have got to be kidding me.

https://youtube.com/shorts/Fim4NHopd0c?feature=shared

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2023, 06:21:50 AM »
It is sort of amusing to watch the media figure out how to deal with V. Ramaswamy. This interpretation is rather good.

“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2023, 06:35:35 AM »
I was digging much of what Nikki Haley was saying until she got to the subject of aid to Ukraine. She even got hostile towards Vivek for having a counter narrative to the point she won’t even let him offer a riposte. It’s good she revealed herself at this early stage.

These idiots really are paid jokers.

Maybe you would rather vote for a democrat? By super Tuesday it will be all over and we will have the republican choice. But I do know if it is someone you like then Biden will likely be president another term. Let's just pretend Nikki Haley won and the choice is her or Biden. Are you going to vote for Biden?

There’s a segment last night where it was mentioned only 39% of Americans feel ‘honored’ being an American. The decline, it was stated, ‘especially in the past 20 years’. I think it’s slightly longer than that.

I’m one of those. I still love this country but I am disgusted with the people who had led it especially the idiotic ‘divider-in-chief’ Hussein.

I’ve laid witness to what the subversive acts of the Dems these past 7-8 years making our nation a banana republic. But I am also not lost in the fact Republicans are no better for the most part.

As for Trump, I have never supported a candidate more than I did with him. The guy governed this country ‘better’ than anyone the past generation. That, despite the unconstitutional disruptive actions of the opposition party during his entire term up to present time.

I stopped my support when he ordered to pull all our troops out of Afghanistan before Biden’s inauguration just for spite. I also didn’t agree excluding the residing government of Afghanistan in the peace negotiations with the Talibans. That was highly sacrificially done as though we rushed through that to make sure it was done before the end of his term.

Vivek, Ron snd RFK for me so far.

As for Biden, you have got to be kidding me.

Could you elaborate on the bolded part please? I don't recall Trump making statements to pull out of Afghanistan before the Biden inauguration. He did have plans to get out but, the Taliban was in check and isis was obliterated. He did that during his administration and I never believed we should have been in Afghanistan in the first place although I took a wait and see approach based on the lies from the Bush admin.

As for the rest I wholeheartedly agree with you except, Trump is my front runner. Despite the attacks from "all" of the 545 in Washington, both democrats and republicans, Trump was a good president and likely will be again. Although I do like, trust and admire RFK jr. He could likely have me voting democrat on his current path but, I expect if he gets the nomination he will get corrupted. I do not believe either party will nominate a candidate that isn't bought and paid for.

Say what you will but Trump did not bow down to the republican establishment and the controlling RINOs. They saw his popularity and smiled on the surface while backstabbing him behind closed doors.

Vivek talks the talk but I have no doubt he is unable to walk the walk.

Biden will not be the nominee whether they throw him out or he backs out. There are whispers of him being already dead and he have a lookalike stand in. The democrat nominee will be another Obama stooge. Look for Gavin Newsome to take the stage at the convention

Offline Texan77

« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2023, 06:49:33 AM »

I'd rather have an orange baboon in charge than someone clearly not in control of their own mental state. I'd never ever vote Biden, no matter the opposition. If the democrats put Biden up for re-election, they will loose.

The president of any country, must be someone that radiates authority, control, wisdom and intelligence.

If trump runs, then we will have two candidates who have none of the above. Trump not mentally in control. That is why he has so many legal problems. He can not keep his mouth shut and all of his attorneys quit.
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2023, 07:39:41 AM »
meanwhile, outside of europe/USA:

Argentina, Egypt, Ethiopia, Iran, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates are joining the BRICS group of nations, after their candidacies were approved on Thursday by leaders of the current member states, South African President Cyril Ramaphosa has announced.

Ooh great, so BRICS will now become BRIAEEISUCS ........ thats a lot of extra countries here.

Especially EGYPT and 2 OPEC members scare me.

OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline Texan77

« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2023, 08:51:23 AM »
This is an interesting twist. Its sure fits in this topic crazy times in our world. Prigozhin maybe alive and not on that plane. Peter Zehan said only eight body found at crash site. This video says Prigozhin switch sides now helping Ukraine in the war. It sort of implies he knew Russia was going to shoot the plane down and only faked being on it. I do not have any way of knowing if any of it real. In coming weeks, we will see what happens.   popcorn:

3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2023, 11:34:47 AM »
This is an interesting twist. Its sure fits in this topic crazy times in our world. Prigozhin maybe alive and not on that plane. Peter Zehan said only eight body found at crash site. This video says Prigozhin switch sides now helping Ukraine in the war. It sort of implies he knew Russia was going to shoot the plane down and only faked being on it. I do not have any way of knowing if any of it real. In coming weeks, we will see what happens.   popcorn:

Tex, you're consistent if nothing else. Your grip on the MSM is so tight you couldn't drive a 16 penny nail in your anus with a 10lb sledgehammer. Another twist floating around is that Prigozhin flew with an accompanying jet as many high figure people do with a threat on their lives. Was it Russia? CIA? Zelensky? WTF knows? What most free thinking folks do know is that the "truth" of the matter isn't going to be hand fed to the sheeple of the world of which, you certainly qualify. The truth is out there but none of your usual sources is going to tell it to you. In reality very few people actually know

Offline Bodine

« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2023, 11:56:57 AM »
Could you elaborate on the bolded part please? I don't recall Trump making statements to pull out of Afghanistan before the Biden inauguration. He did have plans to get out but, the Taliban was in check and isis was obliterated.

The order didn't funnel through standard protocol from how I understood this. Col. McGregor, Gen. Miley, Pence's security advisor et all were all involved and it was 'informally' made 4 or 5 days after the election. There were testimonies to the effect that supported this.

Here's a whitehouse.gov link about this. It wasn't just Afghanistan but also Somalia.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2023/04/US-Withdrawal-from-Afghanistan.pdf *

*It's striking to me that this report is an uploaded document. I would think 45 would have his own 'archived' statements and releases they customarily have for each past presidents. Pity *I* hardly give our government an ounce of trust or confidence anymore. DJT never refuted the charges. But then, he didn't refute the order he gave Pence to reject the result of the election either. So who knows.

Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Milley testified that, on November 11, he had received an unclassified signed order directing the U.S. military to withdraw all forces from Afghanistan no later than January 15, 2021. One week later, that order was
rescinded and replaced with one to draw down to 2,500 troops by the same date. During the transition from the Trump Administration to the Biden Administration, the outgoing Administration provided no plans for how to conduct the final withdrawal or to
evacuate Americans and Afghan allies. Indeed, there were no such plans in place when President Biden came into office, even with the agreed upon full withdrawal just over three months away...

He did that during his administration and I never believed we should have been in Afghanistan in the first place although I took a wait and see approach based on the lies from the Bush admin.

I supported the Afghanistan initiative post-911. Afghanistan wasn't a recognized 'nation' at the time since it was mired in a civil war, and having to chase OBL for his sins was a slamdunk for me. But then, itt dragged on and we got caught on nation-building mode again. That part I didn't care about.

As for the rest I wholeheartedly agree with you except, Trump is my front runner. Despite the attacks from "all" of the 545 in Washington, both democrats and republicans, Trump was a good president and likely will be again. Although I do like, trust and admire RFK jr. He could likely have me voting democrat on his current path but, I expect if he gets the nomination he will get corrupted. I do not believe either party will nominate a candidate that isn't bought and paid for.

Wifey still supports DJT. It's just maddening for her that we've become a banana republic. Putin, Saddam, et all imprisons their political opponent but now we're trying to do the same in ours - BLATANTLY - if I may add. We've successfully reduced ourselves to the same level as nations we previously demonized.

Say what you will but Trump did not bow down to the republican establishment and the controlling RINOs. They saw his popularity and smiled on the surface while backstabbing him behind closed doors.

One can't help but wonder what would've happened during his administration if the circus didn't started in DC post-2016 election.

Vivek talks the talk but I have no doubt he is unable to walk the walk.

Watching last night's debate at the very least he appears to be the lesser of all evil. We'll see how he holds up between now till next summer.

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2023, 12:35:31 PM »

*It's striking to me that this report is an uploaded document. I would think 45 would have his own 'archived' statements and releases they customarily have for each past presidents. Pity *I* hardly give our government an ounce of trust or confidence anymore. DJT never refuted the charges. But then, he didn't refute the order he gave Pence to reject the result of the election either. So who knows.

I would be parallel and agreeable with most all you've stated in the previous post. It was blatantly obvious to me that Milley and Pence both were working against Trump while he was still in office. Pence was placed as VP supposedly by Paul Ryan while he was still SOTH as a compromise between the RINOs and Trump as was Bill Barr both, with deep state connections and RINO to the core. Such an agreement was likely for Trump to get anything at all accomplished with the then republican control of the house and senate.

Personally, I don't trust ANY in government, republican or democrat. Washington, like the City of London and the Vatican is nothing but vipers and thieves, totally corrupt and total power. That includes Trump however, if this country has a chance going forward and the ability to help correct the world from the corruption, Trump is the only hope we have. Like it or not.

Offline mhr7

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: Semi-Resident
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2023, 01:21:33 PM »

I would be parallel and agreeable with most all you've stated in the previous post. It was blatantly obvious to me that Milley and Pence both were working against Trump while he was still in office. Pence was placed as VP supposedly by Paul Ryan while he was still SOTH as a compromise between the RINOs and Trump as was Bill Barr both, with deep state connections and RINO to the core. Such an agreement was likely for Trump to get anything at all accomplished with the then republican control of the house and senate.

Personally, I don't trust ANY in government, republican or democrat. Washington, like the City of London and the Vatican is nothing but vipers and thieves, totally corrupt and total power. That includes Trump however, if this country has a chance going forward and the ability to help correct the world from the corruption, Trump is the only hope we have. Like it or not.

If Trump's the only hope, we are f**ked.

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2023, 01:54:47 PM »

If Trump's the only hope, we are f**ked.

Yeah, I know. That's got to really suck for you, don't it?

Offline Bodine

« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2023, 05:08:40 AM »
Quote from: Faux Pas

One of the things 45 accomplished during his term I’ll be forever grateful for is the appointment of the 3 judges. Especially Judge Barrett.

There’s something undeniable growing out there again. Anger, disgust like a cloud of nefarious air rising. Trump does have a knack for capturing everyone’s attention good and bad. If nothing else he does scream anti-establishment. He’s relentingly  unrelenting!

I may still join wifey. For now I’d like to see what transpire in the next year. There’s so much criminalities in every cities lately that people really seem so sickened with our current national state. Not least of which people’s frustration with the inflation.

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2023, 06:12:40 AM »
Quote from: Faux Pas

One of the things 45 accomplished during his term I’ll be forever grateful for is the appointment of the 3 judges. Especially Judge Barrett.

There’s something undeniable growing out there again. Anger, disgust like a cloud of nefarious air rising. Trump does have a knack for capturing everyone’s attention good and bad. If nothing else he does scream anti-establishment. He’s relentingly  unrelenting!

I may still join wifey. For now I’d like to see what transpire in the next year. There’s so much criminalities in every cities lately that people really seem so sickened with our current national state. Not least of which people’s frustration with the inflation.

Trump is a true showman which is exactly why, when he announced he was running for prez in 2016 I called him a clown and just another circus on the stage. He made a lot of promises at the time that I scoffed at thinking, he'd never get that done. I also thought he'd have zero chance at the nomination much less beat Hilary. He did all that and kept every promise he made except having Mexico pay for the wall. Although he did have a clear path to having a wall built and did build about 800 miles of it before they cut the purse strings.

The attacks on him were and still are relentless. The average Joe Sixpack was very happy with him, myself included. The more he accomplished, the more attacks on him coming from every angle. We saw firsthand that the ills of the country can be wrangled and solved if there was anyone in Washington that wished to do so. The problem is Washington and those handlers that control it. Most folks believe it is a "right vs left" issue. It isn't nor has it ever been. It is a "corruption vs nobody" because there is nobody there that isn't corrupted to fight corruption. Washington is corrupted to the core.

I do not trust that DJT isn't part and parcel of the sh!t show that they attempt to shovel down the throat of the masses each day. The corruption starts at the state and local level, and runs uphill from there. I truly believe this system can not be fixed without throwing all of them out and starting again with fair uncorruptible elections, cutting the purse strings, free lunches and ability to amass wealth through gubmint. That has existed for well over 100 years. How does one extract it?

Trump has been the best chance at it so far. Is he actually a reformer or just another sideshow in the Roman Circus?

Offline Texan77

« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2023, 07:49:19 AM »
Trump is in a place like no other politician in USA history. 25 per cent of the country has like cult like support for him and would die for him. While at the same time he is the most hated USA politician in USA history. One thing for sure there is nothing ordinary about Trump. He could win the party nomination, but I do not see him winning the national election. The vast majority of people in the USA do not want to see a Biden Trump rematch. According to recent poles it would likely have about the same outcome as the last election with Trump claiming the democrats stole the election.

Online AvHdB

« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2023, 08:21:23 AM »
Trump is in a place like no other politician in USA history. 25 per cent of the country has like cult like support for him and would die for him. While at the same time he is the most hated USA politician in USA history. One thing for sure there is nothing ordinary about Trump. He could win the party nomination, but I do not see him winning the national election. The vast majority of people in the USA do not want to see a Biden Trump rematch. According to recent poles it would likely have about the same outcome as the last election with Trump claiming the democrats stole the election.

There is some truth to the above. Common sense in the electorate and honesty with the politicians are rare commodities. Bull shit journalists are in my book replacing my disdain for lawyers.

It is a sign of our times.

Offline Bodine

« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2023, 08:28:34 AM »
Not sure if any of you saw this exchange with MSNBC's Rachel Maddow at the onset of the 2016 election when Schumer cited, " you take on the intelligence community, they have 6 ways to Sunday to get back at you!"; and then that mobster look in his face after saying it.

Vivek is wading on this water today now, too. I am strongly disgusted and disillusioned with our nation these days. I can't believe folks like BC actually propagate this.

Online BC

« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2023, 09:41:40 AM »
Trump has authority/intelligence. Biden has none of those 4.

Any "authority" Trump has is derived as the result of the tyranny of a minority, from his "base" of supporters and sycophants.
If he was intelligent, he would have zero investigations, zero impeachments, zero indictments, and zero arrests.

Trump was elected democraticly, so no minority here. The tyranny of minority is an expression which does not mean 49% of all is the minority, but more like 5-10% max. You're taking an expression too literal here, its not meant as a literal minority, but as an outrageously small minority.

You're confusing Authority with control, and intelligence with wisdom.

Trump was an authorative figure, he spoke with certainty and was clear in what he wanted what he said would happen. But he did not have control, so most of what he wanted/would happen , did never come to pass (the border wall anyone?)

Intelligent people can make decisions that will land them in legal trouble, but it takes wisdom to avoid that. (learn from the past etc.).

Indeed, Trump was duly elected according to our Constitution, which allows a President to be elected with a requisite number of Electoral College votes and not popular votes.

Regarding tyranny of the minority, Trump enjoys a "base" of around 28% of GOP voters that would vote for him even if he ran as an independent.  Of all registered voters, Democrats, Republicans, and Independents each are approximately one-third of the total.  This puts the "always Trumpers" at less than 10 percent of registered voters.  GOP as a whole is controlled by Trump's "base."  The GOP is stuck between a rock and a hard place.

As far as his "authority," he is an overblown used car salesman using typical sales pitches and methods effectively.

An intelligent person will learn from their mistakes.  Trump does not learn from his mistakes. 

Online 2tallbill

• Trips: 10-20
Crazy Times in Our World Today
« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2023, 10:13:08 AM »
Yup. It’s about time we mind business at home for a change. We’ve invaded enough countries and killed enough of their citizens so let’s get the moving vans heading home.

Can send China packing at the same time?
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Online 2tallbill

• Trips: 10-20
Crazy Times in Our World Today
« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2023, 10:18:08 AM »
An intelligent person will learn from their mistakes.  Trump does not learn from his mistakes.

Intelligent people will learn from their mistakes. Liberals do not learn from his mistakes.

Name a liberal policy on economics, crime prevention, the homeless or poverty
that helps Economically, prevents crime, gets people out of poverty, or gets people
off the streets. 

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Online AvHdB

« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2023, 11:03:29 AM »

Intelligent people will learn from their mistakes. Liberals do not learn from his mistakes.

that helps Economically, prevents crime, gets people out of poverty, or gets people
off the streets.

That is simple, more Liberalism/Socialism is very successful in creating even more Liberalism/Socialism.

Offline mhr7

• Trips: Semi-Resident
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2023, 03:40:38 PM »

off the streets.

Trump gave us lies and not much else. What were his policies regarding the homeless and poverty?

Offline Bodine

« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2023, 09:54:25 PM »
Full interview with Vivek Ramaswamy…

Offline Bodine

« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2023, 10:37:57 PM »

off the streets.

Trump gave us lies and not much else. What were his policies regarding the homeless and poverty?

Easy. The child tax credit expansion which curbed the childhood poverty level.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/child-tax-credit/

Then there’s eviction moratorium.

As for poverty,

https://spotlightonpoverty.org/donald-trump/

As for lies, lies and more lies; anyone wide awake post-2016 election period till present should easily know who had been lying and it isn’t  DJT.

Search: Mueller / Durham

Offline Bodine

« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2023, 11:24:39 PM »
So apparently Tucker Carlson’s Trump interview on X during the GOP debate night actually commanded 258 millions views. I’m certain one of them was Faux Pas 😉

You gotta give the guy a lot of prop, when he talks, people listen.

https://twitter.com/TuckerCarlson/status/1694513603251241143?s=20

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2023, 05:56:23 AM »
So apparently Tucker Carlson’s Trump interview on X during the GOP debate night actually commanded 258 millions views. I’m certain one of them was Faux Pas 😉

You gotta give the guy a lot of prop, when he talks, people listen.

https://twitter.com/TuckerCarlson/status/1694513603251241143?s=20

Well actually you'd be wrong, that is until you posted this link. Now it's 259,000,001   tiphat

I supported Trump starting with the general election in 2016. I actually voted for Ted Crews in the primary. At that time I was suspicious that Trump was just another part of the circus with no chance to beat the Clinton Machine. How he did is still a mystery to me.

I firmly believe there are puppet masters behind the scenes in our elections and specifically in that pile of shat that is Washington. I'm not convinced Trump isn't just another cog wheel in that machine of deception. I would hope and pray that he isn't but, I don't have an answer either way, yet.

I am convinced the 2020 election was a fraud. Based solely on Dementia Joe couldn't pack a school bus full of people at his rallies. He wasn't at all popular then and he isn't now. He was dead in the water in the primaries. Even Cameltoe Kamala was beating him and suddenly, he rises from the ashes in South Carolina with James Clyborne's endorsement? That was a lot of pooh getting shoved down out throats. The plandemic, dominion and mail-in ballots, anyone who can not see through that veil of shyte needs reprogramming

Registration