The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Prigozhin's Rebellion  (Read 4814 times)

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Prigozhin's Rebellion
« Reply #200 on: July 24, 2023, 03:21:22 PM »
The NATO alliance is designed to DEFEND against any enemies, not fight against.

Is that why it creeps towards Russia, funding coups, training and delivering western weapons to countries neighbouring Russia and arming far right nazi soldiers to kill ethnic Russians?

That sounds really defensive and I have no idea why Russia sees that as a threat.

See my reply regarding energy prices to Markje.

No you're quite simply wrong. Prior to the western sanctions, I was paying £80 a month at home and £50 a month at my commercial property for energy. Today I pay £180 a month at home and £90 a month at work.

These are currently the best tariffs available and unless you're brain dead, pricing has absolutely not returned to pre SMO pricing.

To add further insult to injury, Ukraine are still paying Russia millions a day for energy and fuels to keep their war effort going. Western tax payers money at that whilst we get shafted.

Start talking cease fire and peace talks rather than pouring more fuel on the fire. You anti Russian lot don't even understand that you're just killing Ukrainians and destroying their country.

Define 'rest of the world'.

Pretty much everyone else outside of the US, EU, Canada, Australia, Japan and a few others who've been coerced/influenced by Washington. Here's a fact you'll love;

The countries that have sanctioned Russia over Ukraine represent only 16 percent of the world’s population.

https://www.wilsoncenter.org/blog-post/countries-have-sanctioned-russia

Is that a good enough definition for rest of the world BC?  :prophead:

That 16% represents the world's most powerful countries. The ones whose sanctions really matter.

Have you seen the size of the economies within that 84%? I'm not saying that the 16% isn't powerful but it's certainly misleading to suggest that the whole world and its economic freedom is against Russia.

im guessing they missed the memo that china is now the nr.1 biggest economy worldwide. has been a while too.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Online Texan77

« Reply #201 on: July 25, 2023, 12:59:40 PM »

im guessing they missed the memo that china is now the nr.1 biggest economy worldwide. has been a while too.

Keep telling yourself that, it makes you feel good. The reality is much of the Chinese numbers are made up. Totally out of control debt and pension problem make the USA problems look small. Then you have to use funny made-up number of so-called buying power inside the country to even get that number. Usa inflation out of control but in China and Russia much worse.
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #202 on: July 25, 2023, 03:04:50 PM »
Totally out of control debt and pension problem make the USA look small.
Unfortunately, that part is right on the money if you take out just 1 word of your quote, which I did.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Online Texan77

« Reply #203 on: July 25, 2023, 05:29:10 PM »
Totally out of control debt and pension problem make the USA look small.
Unfortunately, that part is right on the money if you take out just 1 word of your quote, which I did.

This is Jim Rickards is very down on the USA economy, the US dollar takes note that China has an even worse problem. Russia worse problem than China. The 2030s are not likely to be pretty anywhere including most of Europe. Careful what you wish for you might get it and it may not be what you expect.

Ukraine has decided to never rebuild the dam on the Dnipro River that Russia blew up. Much of Crimea going to be pretty much desert.
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.