The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: BelleZeBoob Raises Funds to Ride 200 km to Conquer Cancer to Niagara Falls!  (Read 1432 times)

Offline Lon

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
BelleZeBoob Raises Funds to Ride 200 km to Conquer Cancer to Niagara Falls!
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2023, 05:22:28 PM »
160km on day one? Hmm.  :eeekk:

Good luck, Lilia.

The maximum distance I have ridden on my bike in 1 day was 105 km, 3 days in a row (315 total).  I was of course in good shape back then but not trained for that long bike-rides.

160 is quite a feat to do in 1 day.

we have a Seattle to Portland (StP) bike ride every year.  it is something like 200+ miles (about 300km).  the majority ride it in two days, but most people I know do it in a single day.  we will see if BZB can do 160km in a day  ;D

Offline BelleZeBoob

So far I did about 100k in one day. I think I should be fine with some more training, that i am doing these days.
Men are like Bluetooth: he is connected to you when you are nearby, but searches for other devices when you are away.
Women are like Wi-Fi: she sees all available devices, but connects to the strongest one.

Offline BelleZeBoob

Your donations at work!

ila_rendered
Men are like Bluetooth: he is connected to you when you are nearby, but searches for other devices when you are away.
Women are like Wi-Fi: she sees all available devices, but connects to the strongest one.

Offline BelleZeBoob

The weather cooperates, I am training diligently and thinking of you my friends!

My weekly training routine has included increasing distances. Completed 77km, then 104km, then 139km with couple of stops for a few minutes. Will add a few hills training.

If nothing major happens, I think I should be fine on the ride.

Offline BelleZeBoob

The benefiting charity has organized a training ride for the participants. I am in the center, red underscored.

Offline BelleZeBoob

Starting tomorrow! So excited!

This is how the start area was looking last year.

The Ride starts tomorrow morning from Toronto center, and go south towards Hamilton and then to Niagara Falls.

They have corrected the distance. Now it is 149 km for Day 1, and 125 km for Day 2.

Online 2tallbill

• Trips: 10-20
BelleZeBoob Rides to Niagara Falls!
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2023, 11:12:36 AM »
Starting tomorrow! So excited!

U tebya fsyo paluchitsya!
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline BelleZeBoob

I've made it  :party0011: :party0011:

Day 1:

Day 2 (clicked on my Strava a bit late to start recording though):

With every pedal stroke, I thought of you, my dears! Thank you for your donations!

I am happily tired now.

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
I've made it  :party0011: :party0011:

Day 1:

Day 2 (clicked on my Strava a bit late to start recording though):

With every pedal stroke, I thought of you, my dears! Thank you for your donations!

I am happily tired now.

Congratulations and well done!!  :thumbsup:

Just looking at your map and it reminded me of my rugby days as a youth. I lived in the Oakville area for 3 years each summer whilst at university. I've got some great memories of the Ontario days and made many a good friend.

Offline Lord of the Dance

• Supporting Hero Member
  • Trips: None Yet
Congrats Belle, what a ride!  tiphat

How was the smoke up that way? We've been getting hit pretty hard here in NW Pennsylvania. Hope you had clear air for the ride.
"My soul cries out with a joyful shout that the God of my heart is great, and my spirit sings of the wondrous things that you bring to the ones who wait." - Canticle of the Turning

Offline BelleZeBoob

It was indeed touch and go whether the Ride would happen this weekend. In Toronto (and across Canada), wildfire smoke has played havoc with air quality and kept most of the cyclists indoors this past week.

In 2018, a similar event was canceled in Alberta where the ride was already on the way. Here is a CBC article. Poor riders!

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/ride-conquer-cancer-cancelled-smoke-1.4790665

Our team was highlighted in the news as best fundraisers, having raised about $1 mln for cancer research. That is why we show 'one' with our hands.

Totally, the 3500 participating cyclists have raised about $17.5 mln.

And here is me looking for a start line and walking my bike on Day 1 in the morning. Someone has caught me on camera ;)

Offline Manny

Totally, the 3500 participating cyclists have raised about $17.5 mln.

Now that's fundraising!  :bow:
Trip Reports: Links to my travels in Russia, Estonia, North Korea, South Korea, China and the US are >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline BelleZeBoob

A bit of statistics:

- Totally about 3500 riders have participated.
- Of those, about 120 riders went the Hammer ride, that was 150 km in Day 1, and 125 km in Day 2.
- Of the Hammer riders, only 13 have identified as women.

Something to be proud of  :8)

Offline BelleZeBoob

« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2024, 05:33:28 PM »
Happy and Healthy sports season to everyone!

Now I am opening my 2024 campaign - managed to move everything apart to be able to ride my carbon two-wheeler from Toronto to Niagara Falls!

Please have a look at my Personal Page with a few illustrated highlights, and support me.

https://supportthepmcf.ca/Ride24/LiliaKaz

Many heartfelt thanks to you, my dears!

Online 2tallbill

« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2024, 02:01:32 PM »
To make a donation in US Funds

I'm in!

Udachi!

Bill
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up

Online 2tallbill

« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2024, 02:03:32 PM »

And here is me looking for a start line and walking my bike on Day 1 in the morning. Someone has caught me on camera ;)

It was the paparazzi!

Offline BelleZeBoob

It was the paparazzi!

Or  Mamarazzi ;)

Offline BelleZeBoob

Just received $200 from fireeater:party0011:

Offline Manny

Just received $200 from fireeater:party0011:

Gosh, he hasn't been active here in ten years.
Trip Reports: Links to my travels in Russia, Estonia, North Korea, South Korea, China and the US are >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.