The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Up and coming tourist destination.... Get ready for Moldova  (Read 549 times)

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
Up and coming tourist destination.... Get ready for Moldova
« on: August 03, 2022, 10:05:42 AM »
We have not beed to Moldova for a couple of years now , what with all the shit going on for the last couple of years, but over the last couple of years tourism has been growing and growing, the country has made huge steps forward for tourists and making the country tourist friendly..

They even have tourist information booths and tourist ambassadors around the city offering information and advice, I see Moldova as a good course of income over the next few years, we have already several tours with with travelers from Europe and the US this year. Wife is renovating the apartment there so we should have on AirBnB soon, its an extra few quid here and there..

https://moldova.travel/en/tourism-information-center/

https://moldova-tours.com/moldova-tours

I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
Re: Up and coming tourist destination.... Get ready for Moldova
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2022, 10:28:17 AM »
I really enjoyed my time in Moldova many years ago. Back then, getting there was inconvenient to say the least. Flying in from Moscow or IIRC Vienna or transiting Romania.

It is a lovely country with great scenery and places to visit. Hotels back then we're a bit shit. People were friendly and I found it very relaxing.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Lon

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Up and coming tourist destination.... Get ready for Moldova
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2022, 07:03:09 PM »
I suppose it will look like some kind of "tout", but the nomad capitalist has a few vids on Moldova.  easy utube search.
he speaks about where to get the most out of your money, taxes and such, and where you can be treated best.  I have been watching his vids to help me plan my retirement vacation destinations.  along with other utube content.
a person might rethink about going to Eastern Europe at this time though, Moldova, Romania, Hungary, Slovakia and Poland.  not because I believe there is much concern of a shooting war there, but that with all the refuges at this time it might be a bit crowded.  of course, maybe that produces a target rich environment :)

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
Re: Up and coming tourist destination.... Get ready for Moldova
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2023, 02:05:11 AM »
We had a fairly busy summer in Moldova this year, especially trips to Transnistria, even though Air Moldova gone bust and it has not been so easy to travel to Moldova.

We have the best guides in the country should you ever plan a trip to this part of the world. https://moldova-tours.com/

I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!