The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: It's easy to pick up a Ukrainian refugee for dating? Think again!  (Read 3044 times)

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
With lots of Ukrainian women now kind of relocated to Poland, Romania and so on, you would think it would be easy to catch one of these women ? Write a few messages and they are sure to reply?

Think again! The vast majority on dating sites just trash all the mail, probably 85% open the mail.. take a look and probably think "No ***** Thanks" and your mail is moved to trash ..

Of course the young beauties will always answer  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

What does this mean?
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Online 2tallbill

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 10-20
Re: It's easy to pick up a Ukrainian refugee for dating? Think again!
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2022, 10:05:37 AM »

What does this mean?

That means Harry Boris is attracted to your beer belly.
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2022, 12:25:48 PM »
I'm sure that they will reply if one promises to send money and then one matches deed to word.

Of course 'she' will not be what one expects/dreams/hopes to find - but that's long distance love, right?
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
Re: It's easy to pick up a Ukrainian refugee for dating? Think again
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2022, 02:29:27 PM »
My Ukrainian ex from 10 + years ago contacted me via Instagram recently and it was actually really nice to hear from her. She had relocated to Switzerland for a bit during the conflict but is now back in western Ukraine having felt home sick.

She then began to quiz me about my marriage and proposed we meet up to see if there was still a spark. 31 years old, still hot but with an 8 year old sprog. As flattering as that was, it would completely destroy the happy life I’ve built for myself and it was never on the table. It was shut down quickly but she got quite flirty.

I have wondered though, was it through desperation or just a chance discussion following the conflict, sliding doors? Either way, even if I were single I’d always wonder if it was fate or survival on her part? I’m the kind of bloke who would feel like I’m taking advantage of a situation and it would have been difficult to think it was all genuine.

Offline Jonas!

• Spouses Country: Colombia
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2022, 06:16:27 PM »
She then began to quiz me about my marriage and proposed we meet up to see if there was still a spark. 
Hola!    After quizzing you regarding your marriage why would she propose to meet up and see about a 'spark'?   

As far as I'm concerned, an ex like this contacting you only mean one thing, that she wants to rekindle.   
It seems in this case it is likely some desperation too.   Maybe needs a little help with the kid and overall situation.   What were the circumstances of your 'break up' 10 years ago?   Sorry to probe, but it is interesting.   I've got an ex or 2 on Facebook I peer at every so often...when I see they are single, I lament that I can only handle one babe at a time, and my wife has my number, I guess.

Jonas!   

Offline AJ

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2022, 08:41:07 PM »
With lots of Ukrainian women now kind of relocated to Poland, Romania and so on, you would think it would be easy to catch one of these women ? Write a few messages and they are sure to reply?

Think again! The vast majority on dating sites just trash all the mail, probably 85% open the mail.. take a look and probably think "No ***** Thanks" and your mail is moved to trash ..

What does this mean?

Same thing it meant the 20 years prior

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2022, 03:38:12 AM »
Hola!    After quizzing you regarding your marriage why would she propose to meet up and see about a 'spark'?   

It was in the same sentence/paragraph rather than reacting to my initial reply. You should be a private investigator. Lol

Offline Jonas!

• Spouses Country: Colombia
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2022, 09:52:07 AM »

It was in the same sentence/paragraph rather than reacting to my initial reply. You should be a private investigator. Lol
Interesting, rather intrepid of her to contact you after a decade and immediately propose a meeting to check for spark.   She must have went full home wrecker by ignoring your more recent photos (If you and current spouse are in photos). 

Too bad these types of details are probably rather sensitive, because it would be interesting to hear a bit more.  I've got no ex's beating down my door like that.

I wonder if there will be an uptick in these type incidents due to the poor situation in the FSU. 

Jonas!   

Offline Manny

• Trips: 20+
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2022, 05:03:33 AM »

I mentioned recently lots on the sites are now showing in EU locations, >here is such an example<.
Trip Reports: Links to my travels in Russia, Estonia, North Korea, South Korea, China and the US are >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Texan77

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2022, 09:24:49 AM »
I looked on one site and the girls were 40 something with pictures that look like they were almost thirty. They had grown children. What many men do not think is get involved and you might end up being pressured to take of her family and children. There are parents, children, grandchildren, grandparents and the list may go on and on. I bet a number of these women will try hard to be a good wife, but I could see how one might find this over whelming. Just be sure one understands the limits of what is expected.
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Offline redroo

• Spouses Country: FSU
  • Trips: Semi-Resident
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2022, 12:07:02 PM »
My whatsapp and viber blew up the moment hostilities started from ex's. One in particular broke my heart sitting in her car waiting at the border crying on a video call to me. She had her car and own cash, just no idea of where to go, or who to ask for help. I was able to direct her towards friends who live in Bulgaria, and she decided to apply for "sanctuary" there. She's single now (we last dated 10 years ago) and has made "inquiries" as to my current status, and willingness to come and visit her (their protective visas do not allow for holidays elsewhere). She doesn't want to leave Europe.
Another directly asked me to get a visa to Australia for her. Initially Australia was issuing "tourist visas" to Ukrainian women fleeing the war, with the opportunity to apply for a 3 year "Humanitarian Visa" with work, study and health rights on arrival. She is single and without children. Prior to the War she would never have been given a Visa. I wrote a letter of "sponsorship" and paid the fee for her, which was accepted and granted within 2 hours. In the end she did not come, because she had fled with her dog and Australia has very strict biosecurity laws regarding animals and quarantine. Unwilling to re-home her dog, she decided to go to Switzerland in the end, believing (wrongly) it was the land of milk and honey compared to Poland or Moldova. Yes she has been given Gov help there, but was not expecting 10 euro coffees and to only be offered cleaning jobs. She is looking for a good man and to have kids. I love her like an Uncle, she's not for me! Warning label should be applied as she's a covid conspiracy nut :-) but she would go far from home for the right guy.
A third with a 9 year old daughter I initially helped with the train fares to Poland and some starting funds. She stayed 3 months on Gov help and then moved onto Portugal hoping to get better work opportunities there with her good english. Not settling, she has now moved onto France. She's single and hopes to remarry, but will not leave Europe.
That's just 3 examples, but yes there are plenty of single Ukrainians now in Europe, available, and NOT scammers.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2022, 12:23:50 AM »

I mentioned recently lots on the sites are now showing in EU locations, >here is such an example<.

REAL women never ever ever have a bio such as this..

Self Description: I must say that I am a very positive, cheerful and shining lady, who is looking for her special man. I am a sociable and creative person. I think it is time for a drastic change in my life and I hope that I will find my love here. You will always feel comfortable with me because I know how to make life beautiful! I know what real man needs, believe me, I will do everything to make a man happy! I love to smile and enjoy every day of my life. I am a positive person and I smile often. I am a hardworking person. I am an honest and very much loyal lady, I am caring enough, and if you are with me, you are never hungry. I think it will be interesting for you to talk with me, because I read a lot, follow the news, politics, art, science, sport and many more things. So you won't be ever bored with me in any sphere. Let's start our acquaintance?

Comments: It is hard to tell about an ideal partner because nobody is perfect. I know ideal does exist and we all have our own imagination about who is ideal for us. I just want us to have a real and strong connection and I want to be sure we look in the same direction and have the same goals. I hope to find a man with whom my life will be not the same as before. He should have a big heart that is full of love and tenderness. I want to see in his eyes confidence, responsibility, kindness and love.

Only fakes have such Bios..

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2022, 12:36:06 AM »
As for "Ex's" recontacting people .. Its all down to money.. If you have sent the ex (Or probably someone you thought was an ex or imagined was your ex) They already know you're a sucker for sending money .. so who do they contact first ? That is the answer to that..

No women is an ex unless you actually dated that women.. slept with the women many many times .. she has been to your country (If your a guys girl friend a real girl friend, she would off visited your country at least once? ) She ain't and never was your ex.. That's how I see it..

That could be a good topic for a conversation... the definition of an "Ex"

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2022, 01:19:57 AM »
More mugs around here than a great big coffee shop!  :'(

Just shows to go the virtue of patience!
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2022, 01:35:41 AM »
My wife deleted all my FRIENDS and some ex's from my Facebook years ago.. :laugh:

I could not imagine what would happen if one contacted me.. :laugh:

Generally no NORMAL women will ever contact a REAL ex boyfriend, yeah maybe if they bumped into each other one night at some bar, restaurant other than that no ..not out of the blue.. why would she doe this? For what reason especially years later. I cannot imagine myself being single again then going through my contacts , maybe knowing some are married and so on asking for some help to get a theatre ticket in Moscow cos I forgot how to do it..

There is only one reason for money.. it is as simple as that.. no other reason if you sent money in the past she is using the sympathy vote for more money and NOT only from you.. from all the others also who sent money in the past.

Its bullshit women need money to leave Ukraine , most of the stories are utter bullshit .. my wife never ever at any point asked me to send her even $1..Yeah later she worked for me about 6 months later..

Real women will always find their own way to solve their problems.. what do you think some have been doing since the Soviet Union days?

Wake up folks!!

Offline Texan77

« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2022, 04:08:34 AM »
My wife deleted all my FRIENDS and some ex's from my Facebook years ago.. :laugh:

Generally no NORMAL women will ever contact a REAL ex boyfriend, yeah maybe if they bumped into each other one night at some bar, restaurant other than that no ..not out of the blue.. why would she doe this? For what reason especially years later. I cannot imagine myself being single again then going through my contacts , maybe knowing some are married and so on asking for some help to get a theatre ticket in Moscow cos I forgot how to do it..

There is only one reason for money.. it is as simple as that.. no other reason if you sent money in the past she is using the sympathy vote for more money and NOT only from you.. from all the others also who sent money in the past.

Its bullshit women need money to leave Ukraine , most of the stories are utter bullshit .. my wife never ever at any point asked me to send her even $1..Yeah later she worked for me about 6 months later..

Real women will always find their own way to solve their problems.. what do you think some have been doing since the Soviet Union days?

Wake up folks!!

She never had her city destroyed.
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2022, 04:29:39 AM »

Wake up folks!!

She never had her city destroyed.

Bollocks!! My wife was in her moms arms running through the corn fields in Transnistria during that conflict.. tanks were blowing holes through the walls .. artillery was going over their heads .. houses were burning.. they never had no need for some foreign guy to send money.. They went to Ukraine for a few months .. this stuff has happened since the dawn of civilization .. the Romans were trashing cities thousands of years ago..

What about WW2 I never saw Londoners asking for men from the US to send them money  :laugh:

You will always find the USAUL ones asking for money.. the ones that have been, thinking of or signed up to a dating site to meet foreign men, they know how it works.. plead poverty, sob story and wait for some mug to send some money over..

Offline Texan77

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2022, 08:10:44 AM »

Bollocks!! My wife was in her moms arms running through the corn fields in Transnistria during that conflict.. tanks were blowing holes through the walls .. artillery was going over their heads .. houses were burning.. they never had no need for some foreign guy to send money.. They went to Ukraine for a few months .. this stuff has happened since the dawn of civilization .. the Romans were trashing cities thousands of years ago..

What about WW2 I never saw Londoners asking for men from the US to send them money  :laugh:

And they earned money doing what?

You will always find the USAUL ones asking for money.. the ones that have been, thinking of or signed up to a dating site to meet foreign men, they know how it works.. plead poverty, sob story and wait for some mug to send some money over..

And they earned money doing what? The war in Transnistria only lasted a week. In London I doubt you were there to know very many women of the time. It was only a bombing no invasion. the economy not nearly as dead as Ukraine. Now the French girls had to deal with the real problem. They became prostitutes to feed family.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2022, 09:08:19 AM »
I suspect being in the middle of any military conflict as a civilian is terrible.

From the numerous Ukraine women who I met and maintain contact with, not one has asked for funds.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Online 2tallbill

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2022, 09:26:31 AM »

The word salad bio/profile
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline redroo

• Spouses Country: FSU
  • Trips: Semi-Resident
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2022, 01:26:52 PM »
Sorry to disappoint you Steve and Andrew,
but all 3 examples I gave were real girlfriends at some point in my 20 year history of living, and travelling, in Ukraine. Yes I lived there for 3 - 6 months at a time over the past 20 years (unlike someone who has never even travelled there), slept with them (in their apartments and mine), travelled with them within Ukraine and other Countries, over significant periods of time (in some cases years). I know their families. The fact that we did not marry was never a problem to me staying friends with them. Hell, I'm still great friends with my Russian EX parent in laws.
A few hundred dollars to get one started with a Train Ticket for 2, one a Visa, and the third just some friends to "ground" them is hardly worthy of such distain from you both towards them. Now they are established in Europe with Protection Visas they make their own ways in life. None of the 3 are on Ukrainian Dating sites, but are currently single....which was the question posed by the OP and answered by me with examples.
There is another Girl's story you are aware of Steve, and again, there is significant, real, history between us. I have never been the kind to help financially a woman I had never slept with over a period of time. I agree that is the definition of Naivety towards "penpals", and I appreciate your continuing efforts to save men from that mistake.
I did however sponsor 2 young Cambodian girls through their whole educations, Yr 1-12. I guess the both of you would consider that a mistake also, but I met their surviving parent, and paid the schools directly. Neither family unit ever asked me for personal funds, and showed me great love and respect, then and now. Both girls went on to have good lives, and were able to lift their own families because of their education. I consider that a success, not a failure. I only had one child of my own, now I have "daughters", "son in laws" and "grandchildren" also. A bonus family in the second act of life :-)
Not everyone in life is a scammer.

Offline Manny

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2022, 03:57:01 PM »
I did however sponsor 2 young Cambodian girls through their whole educations, Yr 1-12. I guess the both of you would consider that a mistake also, but I met their surviving parent, and paid the schools directly. Neither family unit ever asked me for personal funds, and showed me great love and respect, then and now. Both girls went on to have good lives, and were able to lift their own families because of their education. I consider that a success, not a failure. I only had one child of my own, now I have "daughters", "son in laws" and "grandchildren" also. A bonus family in the second act of life :-)
Not everyone in life is a scammer.

Very commendable. I imagine it's very gratifying to make a difference to lives like that.   tiphat

My daughter's school funds a small school in Botswana, each year a bunch of kids get to go visit, meet the kids the school is helping and experience that country. It's a great opportunity for them all.
Trip Reports: Links to my travels in Russia, Estonia, North Korea, South Korea, China and the US are >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline alex1010

• Trips: None Yet
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2022, 05:35:57 PM »
But would you really want to date a refugee? How can you know she really likes you for you and doesn't just see you as a meal ticket? In fact, this is one of the dilemmas I have with international dating in general, and it is probably the main factor that has prevented me from taking the plunge. By Canadian standards, I am only slightly above average in wealth, but to someone from Eastern Europe someone with my income and net worth would be considered wealthy. How can I know she likes me for who I am, and not for my money, and how can I know she won't just leave me for someone with even more money when she gets the chance? I'm not saying golddiggers don't exist in western countries, but with Canadian women, if she has a decent job then at least I know she can provide for herself and isn't using me for that.

Offline alex1010

• Trips: None Yet
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2022, 05:51:46 PM »
What about that bio makes you sure it's fake?

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2022, 11:16:05 PM »
My opinion the profile that Steveboy notes in post #11 is fake.Slavic women are neither so verbose or personal. If one likes fantasty please proceed. Let us know how it goes after you meet.

“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Registration