The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: You cant help but laugh..  (Read 4256 times)

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
You cant help but laugh..
« on: May 19, 2022, 06:52:29 AM »
They want immediate membership.. they won Eurovision.. going to win the World Cup next year so whats the problem.. :laugh: :laugh:

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/ukraine-slams-second-class-treatment-111738180.html
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
Re: You cant help but laugh..
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2022, 06:54:05 AM »
So soon the whole of Europe will have no weapons left .. they gave it all to Ukraine  :laugh: :laugh:

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/eu-urges-members-together-renew-144929813.html

Better hope China doesn't want a war or they will be using bows and arrows ..

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2022, 06:56:08 AM »
People are starving in Europe and they are handing out billions to Ukraine..

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/eu-offers-9-billion-euro-112104928.html

Did you see the face of this women.. or is it a man? Im not even sure maybe even a transexual.. :laugh:

Offline dorbradavid

• Professor and Sailor
  • Spouses Country: United States
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2022, 06:57:05 AM »
You know, I have spent a LOT of time in Ukraine since 1997, including being on the ground in 2004/2005 during the first Orange Revolution. My ex is from Ukraine, my kids are 1/2 Ukrainian. This reeks of classic Ukrainian "ask for the world and see what you get".  :king:

They want immediate membership.. they won Eurovision.. going to win the World Cup next year so whats the problem.. :laugh: :laugh:

Dobra David

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2022, 11:59:33 AM »
You know, I have spent a LOT of time in Ukraine since 1997, including being on the ground in 2004/2005 during the first Orange Revolution. My ex is from Ukraine, my kids are 1/2 Ukrainian. This reeks of classic Ukrainian "ask for the world and see what you get".  :king:

I was also in Kiev for the first Orange Revolution as I  remember the Eurovision was on at the same time or around the same time.. I was busy at the time with some girl so did not take much notice what was going on in the square..

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2022, 03:40:04 AM »
So soon the whole of Europe will have no weapons left .. they gave it all to Ukraine  :laugh: :laugh:

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/eu-urges-members-together-renew-144929813.html

Better hope China doesn't want a war or they will be using bows and arrows ..

Yonks ago I came to the conclusion that any major war would have to be very fast. Modern weaponry is so hugely expensive, complex to build, and finicky (delicate) in deployment that it cannot be built and stored in adequate quantities or survive on the battlefield.

We are seeing this now. Replenishing stocks of some weapon systems given to Ukraine will take years.

My take is that Russia has decided to take advantage of this fragility in order to protect itself. The more it can weaken the logistics and replenishment systems of those they now acknowledge as adversaries the better off they are.

On a strategic level, grinding slowly and interdiction of resupply is a good strategy for Russia. I think that the Russian military  may have been directed to take advantage of the evident weaknesses of the west at the same time as they implement economic and political processes to enable the west's circular firing squad to be even more effective.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Online 2tallbill

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2022, 03:06:19 PM »

Please list what countries gave billions (with an s) to Ukraine.

From that list please tell me which country had citizens who starved to death.

I think that you will find that you will have a list of zero.

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2022, 04:30:47 PM »

From that list please tell me which country had citizens who starved to death.

I think that you will find that you will have a list of zero.

UK..

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2022, 04:31:45 PM »

Online B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2022, 05:35:07 AM »
For anyone bad at maths, the US has more Javelins, by far, than the Russians have tanks and armored vehicles, combined, that can actually be mustered to Ukraine - don't forget also that there have to be tank crews who can operate said tanks, which is becoming a problem.  And then you can add in other anti-tank weapons, such as Switchblade Drones and the weapons supplied by other nations - the Ukrainians just snuffed a T90 tank (approximate cost US$4.5M) with a Swedish-made Carl Gustav Recoilless Riffle (approximate cost: US$20K)

The Russians also tend not to be big believers in spare parts, so one their equipment breaks down it tends to stay broke.  Their losses in Ukraine have been high, including among their elite units - and nobody should buy into the "Oh, but Putin didn't send his best soldiers because he didn't want the West to know his 'real' capabilities" post-hoc rationalization.  That is hot garbage.  He wasn't trying to pull some "double-fake out" shell game so that the "West wouldn't know what he was truly capable of", and it wouldn't have fooled military experts in NATO anyway.

Accordingly, Mr. "I can be in Kiev in a week" hasn't taken Kiev in nearly three months, with no prospects of doing so any time soon.  He picked a fight with a smaller neighbor who he outnumbers 5-1 and has broken his teeth.  His equipment is breaking down, his army's morale sucks and his strategy was defective.  If anyone's weakness is getting exploited here it's Russia's.

Verdict: Vlad done f*cked up.

B/B
Saving the World, One Clue at a Time
If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.

Online 2tallbill

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2022, 12:28:21 PM »

Obviously you couldn't do it. Over 85% of homeless people suffer from
either mental illness, addiction or both. No starving in your examples
of a collection of mentally challenged fatty misfits.

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2022, 03:50:57 PM »

Obviously you couldn't do it. Over 85% of homeless people suffer from
either mental illness, addiction or both. No starving in your examples
of a collection of mentally challenged fatty misfits.

Do you know what? Im actually starting to think you have some kind of mental disorder Im going to put you on the list with the other idiot I shall not be answering to in future..

Online 2tallbill

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2022, 12:02:35 PM »
Do you know what? Im actually starting to think you have some kind of mental disorder Im going to put you on the list with the other idiot I shall not be answering to in future..

Do what makes you happy.
Udachi

Offline Lon

• Trips: 20+
You cant help but laugh...will steveboy really?
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2022, 05:38:41 PM »

Do what makes you happy.
Udachi

he is starting to think you have a mental disorder?  did you disagree with him?  there are a lot of people here that must have a mental disorder, disagreeing with all the 'experts'

who is the other idiot?  so many questions   :chuckle:

do you really think he will not be answering?  we have an hope  :)

Offline Orchid

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: USA
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2022, 08:13:10 PM »
For anyone bad at maths, the US has more Javelins, by far, than the Russians have tanks and armored vehicles, combined, that can actually be mustered to Ukraine - don't forget also that there have to be tank crews who can operate said tanks, which is becoming a problem. And then you can add in other anti-tank weapons, such as Switchblade Drones and the weapons supplied by other nations - the Ukrainians just snuffed a T90 tank (approximate cost US$4.5M) with a Swedish-made Carl Gustav Recoilless Riffle (approximate cost: US$20K)

B/B

Exactly!  :ROFL:

You can load Ukrainian to the top with modern weapons.
But there less and less Ukrainians who wish to die for Ze and the West.
People want to live.
Bad peace is always better than a good war…

Offline Orchid

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: USA
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2022, 08:22:48 PM »
They want immediate membership.. they won Eurovision.. going to win the World Cup next year so whats the problem.. :laugh:

Problem is that money and glory will not flow to Ukraine endlessly.
One day, the show will be over and everybody will go home.
Tickets for Russian/Ukrainian drama will not be in demand….

Offline dorbradavid

• Professor and Sailor
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2022, 07:27:44 AM »
For anyone bad at maths, the US has more Javelins, by far, than the Russians have tanks and armored vehicles, combined, that can actually be mustered to Ukraine - don't forget also that there have to be tank crews who can operate said tanks, which is becoming a problem.  And then you can add in other anti-tank weapons, such as Switchblade Drones and the weapons supplied by other nations - the Ukrainians just snuffed a T90 tank (approximate cost US$4.5M) with a Swedish-made Carl Gustav Recoilless Riffle (approximate cost: US$20K)

The Russians also tend not to be big believers in spare parts, so one their equipment breaks down it tends to stay broke.  Their losses in Ukraine have been high, including among their elite units - and nobody should buy into the "Oh, but Putin didn't send his best soldiers because he didn't want the West to know his 'real' capabilities" post-hoc rationalization.  That is hot garbage.  He wasn't trying to pull some "double-fake out" shell game so that the "West wouldn't know what he was truly capable of", and it wouldn't have fooled military experts in NATO anyway.

Accordingly, Mr. "I can be in Kiev in a week" hasn't taken Kiev in nearly three months, with no prospects of doing so any time soon.  He picked a fight with a smaller neighbor who he outnumbers 5-1 and has broken his teeth.  His equipment is breaking down, his army's morale sucks and his strategy was defective.  If anyone's weakness is getting exploited here it's Russia's.

Verdict: Vlad done f*cked up.

B/B

FYI, just having a weapon  doesn't do much, if the weapon doesn't work  :king:

Dobra David

Offline Bodine

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2022, 02:39:11 PM »

"How can Ukraine be 'winning', yet lose territories at the same time?"

If the weapons the west had sent Ukraine is winning this war, then why the need for the US to 'urgently' rush more and better weapons, along with the rest of the $40 Billion dollar giveaway 911ASAP?"

That video is too studded with logic I'm surprised it hasn't been cancelled/censored yet.

Offline dorbradavid

• Professor and Sailor
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2022, 03:52:02 PM »

If the weapons the west had sent Ukraine is winning this war, then why the need for the US to 'urgently' rush more and better weapons, along with the rest of the $40 Billion dollar giveaway 911ASAP?"

That video is too studded with logic I'm surprised it hasn't been cancelled/censored yet.

Ditto  :8)
Dobra David

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2022, 04:17:16 PM »
From about two weeks ago.

“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline WestCoast

« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2022, 05:00:39 PM »

Three months into the Ukraine Russia war with no end in sight. According to Putin everything's going according to plan. This means Putin planned on a prolonged war with thousands of Russian causalities, massive losses of Russian military equipment and global sanctions that could economically cripple Russia for decades?

Another consideration, Putin is saying that NATO is an 'Obvious threat to us'. With the highly militarized and probably nuclear equipped Russian enclave of Kaliningrad between Poland and Lithuania Russia is obviously a threat to the EU and NATO. Not only are the EU and NATO saying this but both China and Japan have had border issues with Russia. 

If border disputes are one of the main reasons Russia invaded than the EU, NATO and a number of other countries have good reasons to invade Russia. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-61377886
https://www.airuniversity.af.edu/JIPA/Display/Article/2330949/all-quiet-on-the-eastern-front-japan-and-russias-territorial-dispute/
https://www.scmp.com/week-asia/politics/article/3123219/japans-territorial-disputes-china-south-korea-russia-and-more
andrewfi says ''Proximity is almost no guarantee of authority" and "in many cases, distance gives a better picture with less emotional and subjective input."

That means I'm a subject matter expert on all things Russia, Ukraine and UK.

Offline Lon

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2022, 05:26:18 PM »

that video is too studded with "I have to present an opposing view point so I get more clicks" I'm surprised it hasn't been aired on AGT yet.  there, fixed that

and "how can Ukraine be 'winning', yet lose territories at the same time?"  now that was said by someone who knows nothing about history (and the person who decided to quote it in their post)
along with the quoting "need to 'urgently' rush more and better weapons".  has anyone ever looked at military history, ever???

FYI, just having a weapon  doesn't do much, if the weapon doesn't work  :king:

believing someone that is just after clicks shouldn't be taken as gospel, without corroborating evidence (just FYI)

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2022, 05:26:34 PM »
Three months into the Ukraine Russia war with no end in sight. According to Putin everything's going according to plan. This means Putin planned on a prolonged war with thousands of Russian causalities, massive losses of Russian military equipment and global sanctions that could economically cripple Russia for decades?

The plan? :ROFL: It would be truly be funny if there was not so many dead and destruction.

The much vaunted Russian military was supposed to take Kiev & Kharkov by the end of the month, for the good order February. There are numerous quotes from Russia as well as posters here on RUA that the Special Operation was fait acompli. We’re three months on and there is again fighting around Kherson. Gorilla Operations in areas seem to be hampering consolidation by Russia.

It is one giant cluster  :censored:  that has the Ukraine people bearing the price to defend there country.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline WestCoast

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2022, 05:58:28 PM »

The plan? :ROFL: It would be truly be funny if there was not so many dead and destruction.

The much vaunted Russian military was supposed to take Kiev & Kharkov by the end of the month, for the good order February. There are numerous quotes from Russia as well as posters here on RUA that the Special Operation was fait acompli. We’re three months on and there is again fighting around Kherson. Gorilla Operations in areas seem to be hampering consolidation by Russia.

It is one giant cluster  :censored:  that has the Ukraine people bearing the price to defend there country.

I wonder what would happen if this time next year the war was still going but the Ukrainian military had cleared the Russian military out of Ukraine and evn the Donbas and even Crimea?

The tide had turned and now the Ukrainian military was on the offensive. They were relentlessly shelling and bombing Russian cities such as Krasnodar, Novorossiysk, Taganrog, Rostov-on-Don and others.

The Russian military was spent. Tanks and artillery were limited with shortages of ammo. Helicopters and fighters had been stationed close to Moscow to secure the greater Moscow area. The Russian military is unable to stop the advancing Ukrainian military.

The Russian border cities are in ruins. The inhabitants had fled to other Russian cities. With the Russian government in disarray. the Russian military in Moscow is in shambles and local law enforcement is unable to handled the chaos. Frequent sabotage operations in Moscow and St. Petersburg became the norm of daily life.

Once the Ukrainian military is active on Russian soil can Putin use nukes to stop the advancing Ukrainian military? Would he nuke his own people to keep Moscow safe? Or would he be appealing to NATO and the EU to stop the Ukrainian military?
andrewfi says ''Proximity is almost no guarantee of authority" and "in many cases, distance gives a better picture with less emotional and subjective input."

That means I'm a subject matter expert on all things Russia, Ukraine and UK.

Offline Lon

You cant help but laugh...to early celebrate
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2022, 06:18:20 PM »
I wonder what would happen if this time next year the war was still going but the Ukrainian military had cleared the Russian military out of Ukraine and evn the Donbas and even Crimea?

The tide had turned and now the Ukrainian military was on the offensive. They were relentlessly shelling and bombing Russian cities such as Krasnodar, Novorossiysk, Taganrog, Rostov-on-Don and others.

The Russian military was spent. Tanks and artillery were limited with shortages of ammo. Helicopters and fighters had been stationed close to Moscow to secure the greater Moscow area. The Russian military is unable to stop the advancing Ukrainian military.

The Russian border cities are in ruins. The inhabitants had fled to other Russian cities. With the Russian government in disarray. the Russian military in Moscow is in shambles and local law enforcement is unable to handled the chaos. Frequent sabotage operations in Moscow and St. Petersburg became the norm of daily life.

Once the Ukrainian military is active on Russian soil can Putin use nukes to stop the advancing Ukrainian military? Would he nuke his own people to keep Moscow safe? Or would he be appealing to NATO and the EU to stop the Ukrainian military?

it is a bit early to be celebrating a Ukrainian victory. it is looking like the Russian military has learned the hard lessons from early in the "special operation"
it seems to me, Putin's actual goal (the energy deposits) is well within reach.
the Ukrainian military is being very hard pressed in the Sievierodonetsk area.  the Russian military is pushing hard out of Poposna and is threatening the main reinforcement route into that area.
in the Kharkov region, where before the Ukrainian military was threatening Vovchansk, 2 Russian BTGs out of Russia have now pushed them back from the Ukrainian/Russian border.
this is looking to turn into a very long stalemate.  where both sides are losers (except the US government and China)

Registration