The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Ukrainian Losses  (Read 50787 times)

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
Re: Ukrainian Losses
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2022, 04:15:04 PM »
Steve, All this war is, is a land and resource grab and everything else is bull shit. There is nothing to do about Nazis and helping the people in Ukraine that is real. Too bad young Russians are going to pay for this war with their lives and the future of your son will dimmer because of this war.

My wife is also happy to fight.. no its not all about Nazis I already told you what it is about DOUBLE STANDARDS & HYPOCRISY.. If we all die in the process lest speak about it on the other side..

Steve, why don't you and your wife start a website to recruit Brits, Americans and others to fight for Russia? The Ukrainian government has been very successful in recruiting foreigners to fight for Ukraine, maybe you could be equally successful in getting foreigners to fight for Russia?

You and your wife say you're happy to fight for Russia? Then do it. You could take cameras along when you fighting and get some photos and videos. I'm sure Manny would allow you to post them here.

Maybe Manny will even allow you to do posts about recruiting foreigners to fight for Russia? Since Manny is very much pro Putin I'm surprised he doesn't have a section here about recruiting foreigners to fight for Russia? Best of luck.

I have more interesting things to do ..like make money.. at the moment that is ok.. if and when the time arrises like there will be WW3 then that situation may change and if it does I will be happy to fight for Russia ..pretty simple really .. no need to make a web site, go recruiting, post pictures on this forum or other forums if the situation happens that I have to fight, you really think im going to spend my time posting pictures on here.. :laugh:

And if the situation should change to WW3 there would be no point even posting any photos.. this forum will be debunked just like most other internet sites along with most of the population and maybe yourself..

But please If you get called up and arrive over here ready to walk into Red Square please wear a badge on your hat saying "Westcoast" So I don't make a mistake of shooting someone else whilst aiming at you.. :laugh:
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2022, 04:17:47 PM »

Maybe Manny will even allow you to do posts about recruiting foreigners to fight for Russia? Since Manny is very much pro Putin I'm surprised he doesn't have a section here about recruiting foreigners to fight for Russia? Best of luck.
I'm not sure where Manny lives but here in the states I think a person would be sent to Guantanamo bay Cuba if he tried this sort of thing.  On a related subject, here in the states a person can't make that choice.  Also here in the states no person can travel to Cuba for tourism. 

Jonas!

If not there then to one of their European concentration camps.. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-30418405    :laugh:

Offline Jonas!

• Spouses Country: Colombia
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2022, 04:25:06 PM »

But please If you get called up and arrive over here ready to walk into Red Square please wear a badge on your hat saying "Westcoast" So I don't make a mistake of shooting someone else whilst aiming at you.. :laugh:

How mean! He seems pretty harmless.  Just shoot him in the butt with a BB to see if his reflexes are still good.

Jonas! 

Offline WestCoast

« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2022, 04:29:02 PM »
Steve, All this war is, is a land and resource grab and everything else is bull shit. There is nothing to do about Nazis and helping the people in Ukraine that is real. Too bad young Russians are going to pay for this war with their lives and the future of your son will dimmer because of this war.

My wife is also happy to fight.. no its not all about Nazis I already told you what it is about DOUBLE STANDARDS & HYPOCRISY.. If we all die in the process lest speak about it on the other side..

Steve, why don't you and your wife start a website to recruit Brits, Americans and others to fight for Russia? The Ukrainian government has been very successful in recruiting foreigners to fight for Ukraine, maybe you could be equally successful in getting foreigners to fight for Russia?

You and your wife say you're happy to fight for Russia? Then do it. You could take cameras along when you fighting and get some photos and videos. I'm sure Manny would allow you to post them here.

I have more interesting things to do ..like make money.. at the moment that is ok.. if and when the time arrises like there will be WW3 then that situation may change and if it does I will be happy to fight for Russia ..pretty simple really .. no need to make a web site, go recruiting, post pictures on this forum or other forums if the situation happens that I have to fight, you really think im going to spend my time posting pictures on here.. :laugh:

And if the situation should change to WW3 there would be no point even posting any photos.. this forum will be debunked just like most other internet sites along with most of the population and maybe yourself..

Supposedly the Ukrainian government is paying foreign fighters very well (£1,500 a day) so if the Russian government follows suit you and your wife could make some very good money fighting for Russia. Then of course there's the honors you could receive. If you save a high ranking officer's life you could receive military honors.

Also if you help shorten the war there'd be no need for WW3. If you help Russia succeed in capturing Ukraine maybe you'll receive your own command when Putin decides on his next FSU country to bring back in the fold?

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/ukraine-foreign-soldiers-russia-foreign-legion-fight-b986175.html
andrewfi says ''Proximity is almost no guarantee of authority" and "in many cases, distance gives a better picture with less emotional and subjective input."

That means I'm a subject matter expert on all things Russia, Ukraine and UK.

Offline Jonas!

« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2022, 04:36:38 PM »

Supposedly the Ukrainian government is paying foreign fighters very well (£1,500 a day)

[/quote]
I guess that is where US billions are being spent. 
$1500 a day is enough to definitely lure in a lot of people, although the risk of death is probably extremely high.  I wonder if there is a death bonus that goes to the families of those killed. 

It kind of shows the power of money overall.  One reason why Russia is going to fight to be in a better position to make more in the future by whatever means necessary.... like the US does.   

Jonas!   

Offline Jonas!

« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2022, 04:38:03 PM »

Supposedly the Ukrainian government is paying foreign fighters very well (£1,500 a day)

$1500 a day is enough to definitely lure in a lot of people, although the risk of death is probably extremely high.  I wonder if there is a death bonus that goes to the families of those killed. 

It kind of shows the power of money overall.  One reason why Russia is going to fight to be in a better position to make more in the future by whatever means necessary.... like the US does.   

Jonas!
[/quote]

Online B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2022, 06:02:08 PM »
I'm not sure where Manny lives

Manchester, England.  "Manny" is actually a derivative of "Manchester".

but here in the states I think a person would be sent to Guantanamo bay Cuba if he tried this sort of thing.

Wouldn't be 'Gitmo unless you were foreign born, and even then not likely.  Usually, the guys who get picked up for this are being recruited to ISIS or al-Qaida - or think they are but really they are talking to an FBI agent.  You'd have to be recruiting to join the armed forces of a sworn enemy, but not Ukr or Russia, at least  until we go to war with Russia, if that happens, which I hope it does not.  You might get a "visit" but I doubt they'd do anything besides discourage you.

Also here in the states no person can travel to Cuba for tourism. 

False.  The Cubans will happily admit US Passport holders.  You just cannot fly direct.

B/B
Saving the World, One Clue at a Time
If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.

Online Texan77

• Trips: 20+
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2022, 06:27:29 PM »

Where did you get this from? The fighter I have seen being interview claimed they were not getting paid anything.
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Offline Jonas!

« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2022, 06:47:18 PM »

but here in the states I think a person would be sent to Guantanamo bay Cuba if he tried this sort of thing.

Wouldn't be 'Gitmo unless you were foreign born, and even then not likely.  Usually, the guys who get picked up for this are being recruited to ISIS or al-Qaida - or think they are but really they are talking to an FBI agent.  You'd have to be recruiting to join the armed forces of a sworn enemy, but not Ukr or Russia, at least  until we go to war with Russia, if that happens, which I hope it does not.  You might get a "visit" but I doubt they'd do anything besides discourage you.
I was joking about Gitmo...but yeah if we actually went to war with Russia individuals wouldn't matter much anyway, the weaponry would take out massive amounts of people all at once anyway. 

False.  The Cubans will happily admit US Passport holders.  You just cannot fly direct.
B/B
I know Cuba is just fine with us coming.  I tried to book a trip recently.  Our local sites like Expedia won't even permit a person in the states from seeing the flights originating from Mexico to Cuba.   I tried to put Tijuana to Cuba and I can't remember if it was Expedia or Priceline but they directed me to a page of US sanctions link.   When I head to Colombia I'll have to see if I can use a different website after I get there.

Jonas! 

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2022, 09:03:24 PM »

Jonas!
[/quote]

According to the last Brit to be captured he has not been paid.. :laugh:   Probably before he decided to offer his services he had never even heard of Ukraine.. so had no idea they do not pay anyone.. they just steal money its easier.. they do not even pay the old folk there for working each month.. It is one of the reasons Im not and never will do any tours there.. just aint worth the hassle ... I came to this conclusion about 20 years ago..

Online Texan77

« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2022, 09:19:03 PM »

.. It is one of the reasons Im not and never will do any tours there.. just aint worth the hassle ... I came to this conclusion about 20 years ago..

Steveboy you are so right, Ukraine has not undergone any changes in the last twenty years. There is no reason to stay current. 
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Offline Tom Cat

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2022, 07:10:47 PM »
Anyone know what type of bomb is in the link below?

https://twitter.com/JoeyContino/status/1521932113079111681?s=20&t=NPJHYIlee2llVdbqF3k9lA

Russia has broken into the Azovstal plant and there is heavy fighting going on.
Russia has also been bombing the plant by every way possible 
There is still an estimated 500 civilians inside the plant 
How is what Russia is doing anymore acceptable than what the Ukrainian Nazis were Supposedly accused of?
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Offline WestCoast

« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2022, 07:31:45 PM »
Did Russia steal 400K tons of grain from Ukraine? Maybe, maybe not but either way this is another reason why Putin would want Ukraine. Ukraine is the 4th supplier of grain, selling about 44.7 million tonnes in the 2020-2021 season.

https://ca.yahoo.com/news/russia-steals-400000-tons-grain-ukraine-famine-warning-144407455.html
andrewfi says ''Proximity is almost no guarantee of authority" and "in many cases, distance gives a better picture with less emotional and subjective input."

Offline Lon

« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2022, 08:00:04 PM »
Did Russia steal 400K tons of grain from Ukraine? Maybe, maybe not but either way this is another reason why Putin would want Ukraine. Ukraine is the 4th supplier of grain, selling about 44.7 million tonnes in the 2020-2021 season.

https://ca.yahoo.com/news/russia-steals-400000-tons-grain-ukraine-famine-warning-144407455.html

saw this vid earlier.  who knows how truthful it is

or what is in trucks

Offline Jonas!

« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2022, 08:47:26 PM »
Did Russia steal 400K tons of grain from Ukraine? Maybe, maybe not but either way this is another reason why Putin would want Ukraine. Ukraine is the 4th supplier of grain, selling about 44.7 million tonnes in 2020-2021 season.

Once the decision was made that Ukraine was the enemy, I think this is one of the key resources Russia decided they were going to take from Ukraine and their Western supporters. 

Jonas! 

Offline WestCoast

« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2022, 09:06:06 PM »

Where did you get this from? The fighter I have seen being interview claimed they were not getting paid anything.

Texan77 I recommend you read all of my posts. At least 80% of my posts are highly informative. 15% are good and the other 5% can be ignored.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/ukraine-foreign-soldiers-russia-foreign-legion-fight-b986175.html

Offline WestCoast

« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2022, 09:25:09 PM »
Now the EU is getting really serious about cutting off the revenue Russia earns from sales of its oil. The EU is proposing a ban on European ships and companies providing any service related to the shipment of Russian crude and refined products anywhere in the world — such as financing, insurance, or even technical support — according to draft legislation seen by Bloomberg.

Since Greece is by far the biggest shipper of Russian oil and oil products and is an EU member this might actually work and cut off a significant source of revenue for Russia.

https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/eu-going-russias-global-oil-124436982.html

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2022, 04:10:50 PM »
All civilians have been evaluated from the Azovstal plant.
The fighting continues and is doubtful Russia will take control before their victory day.
It's been rumored for a few weeks now that the remaining soldiers were running out of supplies and ammunition,  but somehow they continue to fight.
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2022, 02:32:48 AM »
Have they all been evacuated?

Some of the fighters came out under a white flag, but the ones who remain were a day or two ago asking for a tonne of food and drugs in exchange for one hostage.

That implies that they have stock in hand of hostages to exchange.

And yes, they are hostages. If they were free to leave then no food for person exchange would be offered.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2022, 08:29:50 AM »

Some of the fighters came out under a white flag, but the ones who remain were a day or two ago asking for a tonne of food and drugs in exchange for one hostage.

And yes, they are hostages. If they were free to leave then no food for person exchange would be offered.

There's also many other sources saying the same.
I  would think  there will be some heavy bombing there to try and secure the last holdout 
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/live-blog/russia-ukraine-war-live-updates-war-taking-heavy-toll-russian-forces-u-rcna27760

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2022, 07:12:11 AM »
Compared the rather lame and insipid speech of V. Putin what W. Zelensky states is poignant and forceful.

“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Online Texan77

« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2022, 07:55:01 AM »

Yea and where did you get this fake news from?

Offline AJ

« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2022, 08:01:34 AM »

One hostage being a captured pow,pr a civilian?
I I havnt seen that,
Though I would not doubt it's a possibility

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2022, 06:41:06 PM »
An art museum in Mariupol has apparently been destroyed by a Russian airstrike.

https://www.theartnewspaper.com/2022/03/23/mariupol-museum-dedicated-to-19th-century-artist-arkhip-kuindzhi-destroyed-by-airstrike-according-to-local-media?utm_source=The+Art+Newspaper+Newsletters&utm_campaign=816be45365-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2022_03_22_09_02&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_c459f924d0-816be45365-61039233

It seems the artwork of Arkhip Kuindzhi was removed. Though there is the likelihood other art work were lost. It seems both Russian and Ukraine claim him as there own. Sort of like Piet Mondriaan, the Dutch consider him a Cloggie, the French a frog and the Americans claim him as American. Such is art history.

There is more than enough evidence that Russia has deliberately targeted Ukraine cultural sites and museums.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Registration