The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: The shift to alternate destinations due to Rus/Ukr: Central Asia's vantage?  (Read 3832 times)

Online B.B.

• Supporting Member
You are aware that dobradavid and I were discussing Belarus, right? Of course but I don't care ..I can say what I want right?  :laugh:

Of course you can, but don't pretend that it wasn't a non-sequitur, which it was.

B/B
Saving the World, One Clue at a Time
If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.

Offline Lon

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+

Traveling to Russia is very easy now.. just arrive in Turkey and take a flight from there to Russia.. your still going to be 100 times more safer in Russia today than your home in the US..

not without the Russian visa, you are not entering
besides, isn't Turkey thinking about shutting out Russian flights over Turkey?

100 times safer, not likely.  as safe, perhaps.

Offline justadude

• Trips: 10-20
I think overall the paradigm is probably shifting a bit away from Russia.

It moved away from Russia on the whole years ago and focused on Ukraine. But with Ukraine now out of the picture, the Stans are a possibility for a few, but as most bride hunters are American, much will tilt to South America I'd suggest. What remains will move to China as I predicted many years ago: Chinese Women: The New Ukraine?
I'm giving Medellin Colombia some thought and research right now, but Romania is working out pretty well at the moment
two 90 day fiance visas, one 73 day fiance. Lived in Lvov and Odessa for 2 years. California native now on the Oregon Coast

Offline justadude

Canadians as a whole tend to be less confrontational and more law abiding than Americans however if you made this comparison at a dinner party in Vancouver with men who've married Asian women you'd probably be asked to leave at a minimum or possibly carried out and dumped on the sidewalk.

Most adult men understand if they say something offensive enough in public
to another man that their nose will pay the price and they conduct themselves
in such a way to keep their nose from getting flattened.

However, on the internet there is no such fear.

One time years ago, Manny suggested that Andy conduct himself here
like he was in a bar talking to a 6-2 Scotsman who had a couple pints.
The advice was ignored.
I'm also fascinated with this aspect of human nature, that people will say things online that they would never say in person.
two 90 day fiance visas, one 73 day fiance. Lived in Lvov and Odessa for 2 years. California native now on the Oregon Coast

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
Sensible people, such as myself, are very circumspect about what we say online. We know that everything communicated in this way is a public utterance.

But the world is full of the baying stupids, leavened with the banality of the average. People who do not have the means to understand either what they see nor what they say.

...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Online 2tallbill

I'm giving Medellin Colombia some thought and research right now, but Romania is working out pretty well at the moment

The difference between Columbia and the FSU is
1. A 7th grade education vs University Grad
2. 5' 2"- 5' 4" vs every height all the way to over 6' tall
3. Black hair, black eyes, brown soski to every variation under the sun
4. Spanish language vs Russian language
5. Third world vs Second
6. Curvy vs Slim & Sleek

Beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder.

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline Jonas!

• Spouses Country: Colombia

Your information is incorrect. 

7th grade education.  Where did you come up with that one, I wonder.   Bad stereotyping. 

My woman is 5'8'' her sister is 5'10''.   there is a lot of women there that are not as tall, but there definitely is a percentage of fairly tall women.  IF a man likes a stacked woman under 5'5'' it will be paradise.   

There are women in Colombia of every color.  Coal black to egg white.  Not at all monolithic. 

Jonas!   

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev

7th grade education.  Where did you come up with that one, I wonder.   Bad stereotyping. 

My woman is 5'8'' her sister is 5'10''.   there is a lot of women there that are not as tall, but there definitely is a percentage of fairly tall women.  IF a man likes a stacked woman under 5'5'' it will be paradise.   

There are women in Colombia of every color.  Coal black to egg white.  Not at all monolithic. 

Jonas!

If your desire is tall women you have rich hunting grounds in the Netherlands.

You want shorties perhaps the Philippines will fit the needs. 

https://newseu.cgtn.com/news/2020-11-07/The-tallest-and-shortest-nations-in-the-world--VcGoBDG7rq/index.html
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Online Texan77

It moved away from Russia on the whole years ago and focused on Ukraine. But with Ukraine now out of the picture, the Stans are a possibility for a few, but as most bride hunters are American, much will tilt to South America I'd suggest. 

In a few months after the Russian are defeated, everything will change. Not sure what will happen, but it will surely be different than it is today. Odessia will likely be there and a lot of women needing someone. You have to give Russia a couple of years and thing will change there a lot also.
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Offline dorbradavid

• Professor and Sailor
  • Spouses Country: United States
  • Trips: 5-10
Dobra David

Online 2tallbill

Jonas!

I was using generalities between the two the average height of women in Columbia
is 158.7 cm or Five foot two and a half inches. Average height of Russian women is
166 cm (5 ft 5+1⁄2 in)

Obviously there will be taller and shorter women that's how they come up with an
average.

I never mentioned skin color. Areola color yes, but not skin color

You are right and I am wrong on average education of Columbian women
The only metric I could find is 0.682 for Columbia and 0.823 for Russia
FSUW are generally more educated than Columbian women, but Columbian
women are more educated on average than I posted above. 
The metric is complicated go here and skip down to Calculation to see how
the metric is defined.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Education_Index

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident

Traveling to Russia is very easy now.. just arrive in Turkey and take a flight from there to Russia.. your still going to be 100 times more safer in Russia today than your home in the US..

not without the Russian visa, you are not entering
besides, isn't Turkey thinking about shutting out Russian flights over Turkey?

100 times safer, not likely.  as safe, perhaps.

You can get to Tallinn Estonia very easy from all over Europe often for less than $100 and take the bus to St Petersburg..very easy.. the thing is it really does not matter to much how difficult it is cos if you want to meet a Russian women its just minor details .. people climb mountains for love.. even murder! But in anywise 95% of daters never actually even leave the sitting room .. so none of this even matters to them..
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Online 2tallbill

You can get to Tallinn Estonia very easy from all over Europe often for less than $100 and take the bus to St Petersburg..very easy..

I have a Russian Visa, good for 3 years. You can't travel from Estonia to St Petersburg without a Russian Visa. 

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member

You can get to Tallinn Estonia very easy from all over Europe often for less than $100 and take the bus to St Petersburg..very easy..

I have a Russian Visa, good for 3 years. You can't travel from Estonia to St Petersburg without a Russian Visa.

You can't travel from Estonia to St Petersburg without a Russian Visa.  Are you from the planet Earth?

Online 2tallbill

There are women in Colombia of every color. 

What percentage of Columbian women have blue eyes? green eyes? grey eyes?
What percentage of Columbian women have natural blond hair, or light brown hair?

Online 2tallbill

You can't travel from Estonia to St Petersburg without a Russian Visa.  Are you from the planet Earth?

Is there something I don't know?

From the internet so it has to be true  ;D
"you will need to obtain a Russian visa in your country of residence before you depart for Russia.

There is, however, one small exception. If you are traveling to St. Petersburg for up to 72 hours on a cruise ship (on the condition that you are sleeping on the ship and are accompanied by an authorized tour guide) or on ferries from Helsinki and Tallinn with St. Peter Line, you do not need a visa. There has been talk of extending this privilege to passengers on the Allegro train from Helsinki, but to date train passengers still need to get a visa. To find out more about visa-free travel for up to 72 hours, see our Visas for cruise ship passengers and ferry passengers pages."
http://www.saint-petersburg.com/russian-visa/visa-free-travel/

Offline Jonas!

duplicate post

Offline Jonas!

There are women in Colombia of every color. 

What percentage of Columbian women have blue eyes? green eyes? grey eyes?
What percentage of Columbian women have natural blond hair, or light brown hair?

Low percentage of Colombian ladies have eyes other than brown or dark brown. 
Also low percentage of Colombian ladies have hair that isn't brown or black.

There has been a lot of mixing of races in Colombia   Wife's sister is one of the rare few who had a blondish child with blue eyes.  Father was a white boy and his genes dominated somehow. 
My child,  dark hair and dark eyes, despite me being a blond and blue eyed man, her genes prevailed in those regards. White skin like mine.   

Jonas!

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member

Is there something I don't know?

From the internet so it has to be true  ;D
"you will need to obtain a Russian visa in your country of residence before you depart for Russia.

There is, however, one small exception. If you are traveling to St. Petersburg for up to 72 hours on a cruise ship (on the condition that you are sleeping on the ship and are accompanied by an authorized tour guide) or on ferries from Helsinki and Tallinn with St. Peter Line, you do not need a visa. There has been talk of extending this privilege to passengers on the Allegro train from Helsinki, but to date train passengers still need to get a visa. To find out more about visa-free travel for up to 72 hours, see our Visas for cruise ship passengers and ferry passengers pages."
http://www.saint-petersburg.com/russian-visa/visa-free-travel/

Im talking about traveling to Russia via Tallinn ? Unless you're completely stupid you would have a Russian visa in your passport before you set off?

Offline Jonas!

I was using generalities between the two the average height of women in Columbia
is 158.7 cm or Five foot two and a half inches. Average height of Russian women is
166 cm (5 ft 5+1⁄2 in)

Obviously there will be taller and shorter women that's how they come up with an
average.

I never mentioned skin color. Areola color yes, but not skin color

You are right and I am wrong on average education of Columbian women
The only metric I could find is 0.682 for Columbia and 0.823 for Russia
FSUW are generally more educated than Columbian women, but Columbian
women are more educated on average than I posted above. 
The metric is complicated go here and skip down to Calculation to see how
the metric is defined.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Education_Index
[/quote]
I thought your initial post regarding Colombia was a bit derogatory, but that could just be my perception. 
Education level isn't as low as you stated, by a longshot.  There are a lot of ladies that seem to be overeducated considering the job prospects. 
When you average the height out, it isn't that great a difference, although my own experience is there was a greater difference than your reference stated. 
Jonas! 

Online Texan77

What seems to be missed is the girls from these different places have different cultures and family values. It is a big deal. Philippians girls can be very jealous.  Chinese girls often come with controlling parents you might not find so exciting. It is very different from dating a Ukrainian than dating a south American. There is a lot more to this than how tall they are and the color of their skin.
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Online B.B.

• Supporting Member
In a few months after the Russian are defeated, everything will change. Not sure what will happen, but it will surely be different than it is today. Odessia will likely be there and a lot of women needing someone. You have to give Russia a couple of years and thing will change there a lot also.

After the war, Ukraine is going to be LIT.

B/B
If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.

Offline jseddy

You guys just need to go to Lima, Peru to eat. You'll be convinced.

Online 2tallbill

I'm talking about traveling to Russia via Tallinn ? Unless you're completely stupid
you would have a Russian visa in your passport before you set off?

In the past, getting the Russian Visa was the easy part. Now it's the difficult part.

There was a guy named Peewee who frequented the forum(s) many years ago
who actually showed up to an American airport with a ticket but without either
a Visa OR a US Passport.

Online B.B.

• Supporting Member

In the past, getting the Russian Visa was the easy part. Now it's the difficult part.

There was a guy named Peewee who frequented the forum(s) many years ago
who actually showed up to an American airport with a ticket but without either
a Visa OR a US Passport.

Wasn’t that squirrel?  Or were there 2?

B/B