The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: The shift to alternate destinations due to Rus/Ukr: Central Asia's vantage?  (Read 3833 times)

Offline iceman_530

• Spouses Country: Uzbekistan
  • Trips: 1-5
Hey guys, havent posted in awhile but figured Id drop in again for a discussion. 

So Ukr/Rus are at war.  I dont dare jump into that political minefield that I know some are intimately involved with on here, so I will focus on the initial purpose of this board.......
 finding their partner.  Unfortunately for the foreseeable future, with the exception of the more adventurous who are more up for a challenge, I think overall the paradigm is probably shifting a bit away from Russia.  I suppose the obvious beneficiaries of the business will be likely Belarus for the Slavic persuasion (but even that right now is stepping on pin cushions).  So barring belarus, I would encourage not to give up hope on the remaining former soviet states, and particularly the Central Asian countries.  A few years ago I preached on this point, and Im almost 8 years in and its still going quite well overall.  I know Kazakhstan was a bit of a mess in January but that seems to have all but fizzled out.  Uzbekistan is still an outstanding safe bet IMO, as the new president has been a welcome reformer.  While I know hes no turtle dove, he looks like Kofi Annan in comparison to Islam Karimov.  All of the silly laws about not being able to share a room with a woman who is not your wife are gone.  There are still plenty of women there interested in foreign men, and probably more available and accessible than ever.  If Russia and Ukraine is simply "to hot" for you right now, no one could really blame you except for a true cynic.  If that is always going to be your target of opportunity, have at it.  And if you still insist on Slavic, Belarus is probably the riskiest I would go right now.  Of course, this is all for the individual to decide.........but if you want a reasonable stress-free go, consider Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, and possibly Kyrgyzstan even.  Has anyone else attempted the central asian path in here?

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
How many hundreds of millions of people live in your country and you are so marvellous that none of them is good enough for you?

Polish yourself up. Act like a human and find a woman in your own country. No risk to you. Good communication, similar culture.

...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Guile

I don't think anyone is interested in going to the "'stans" right now...

Offline Contrarian

How many hundreds of millions of people live in your country and you are so marvellous that none of them is good enough for you?

Polish yourself up. Act like a human and find a woman in your own country. No risk to you. Good communication, similar culture.

Iceman is already married and has been for many years. Here is one of the thread's to read about him and his wife.

https://ruadventures.com/forum/index.php/topic,27114.msg476076.html#msg476076

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
The point still stands.

There is no reason why anyone in the United States needs to find a wife in another country - except that the seeker is already so socially inadequate that he is unacceptable to ALL women who can understand his speech. And, frankly, in such a situation, it does not make sense to encourage those inadequates to foist themselves on some poor foreign woman. Better to help those guys to function better in their own environment.

Offline Jonas!

• Spouses Country: Colombia
  • Trips: 10-20
The point still stands.

There is no reason why anyone in the United States needs to find a wife in another country - except that the seeker is already so socially inadequate that he is unacceptable to ALL women who can understand his speech. And, frankly, in such a situation, it does not make sense to encourage those inadequates to foist themselves on some poor foreign woman. Better to help those guys to function better in their own environment.

I have 2 buddies dating women currently in the states.   Both of them are 54 years old and well above average in looks and have money.  One has found a 'girlfriend, at bar, she is 58 years old and nothing to write home about with looks.  Although he and I agree he could do better; my buddy seems to be ok with it for now.  My other buddy is using a dating website.  He has hooked up with 2 women.  One looked good on paper but stunk and was obese, the other prospect had so many vaginal toys inserted in her that he couldn't fit.  If it were me, I'd consider the options not good enough to stick around, I'd be on a plane as a first choice. It's adventure either way.   

Jonas!

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
So, the unhappy guy only has another 100,000,000 or so more women to be working his way through.

If he is using a dating site, get him to look at his profile. That makes a huge difference to what happens. And, to be fair, he should have known about the thicc bird before he met her! The one with piercings probably had other evidence visible, it seems rare that they don't. :) Going overseas would not make either issue go away - if his selection process is, shall we say - flawed!

Online 2tallbill

• Spouses Country: Russia
The shift to alternate destinations due to Rus/Ukr
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2022, 07:35:32 AM »
I have 2 buddies dating women currently in the states.   Both of them are 54 years old and well above average in looks and have money.  One has found a 'girlfriend, at bar, she is 58 years old and nothing to write home about with looks.

Bars are excellent places to find bar flies. Who wants to date some middle aged
bar fly?

Many US women start taking hormonal birth control as teenagers and continue
for the rest of their lives. They also take brain altering drugs for years like Xanax,
Klonopin , diazepam, and Ativan among others.

Once a woman in the FSU turns a certain age, men treat her like milk past the
due date. They will not consider her for marriage. So there is a huge surplus 
of women who desire marriage and a real shortage of men willing to marry them.

Many US women start taking hormonal birth control as teenagers and continue
for the rest of their lives. They also tend to take brain altering drugs for years
like Xanax, Klonopin , diazepam, Ativan and others. The percentage of American
women who are over 40 who have taken neither mind altering birth control and/or
brain chemistry altering mood drugs are few and far between.

Supply and demand is a real thing.

Should you find yourself in a place with a tainted/inadequate supply then
smart and capable men consider travel to places of surplus to find an
excellent candidate for marriage.

Lastly when seeking advice on landscaping ask a landscaper. If an accountant
gives you advice on landscaping take the advice with the same grain of salt as
you would take accounting advice from a landscaper. If a never married man
who must resort to paying women for companionship offers unsolicited advice
on finding woman for marriage. You should consider the relative value of that
advice.

Udachi!

Bill
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Online 2tallbill

I don't think anyone is interested in going to the "'stans" right now...

But, they should.
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline Jonas!

So, the unhappy guy only has another 100,000,000 or so more women to be working his way through.

If he is using a dating site, get him to look at his profile. That makes a huge difference to what happens. And, to be fair, he should have known about the thicc bird before he met her! The one with piercings probably had other evidence visible, it seems rare that they don't. :) Going overseas would not make either issue go away - if his selection process is, shall we say - flawed!

Too much time to go through 100,000,000 women! 

In my little circle of friends, I have two beautiful single women friends both 53 years old.  I'm surprised at how their looks have held up since high school.  The two single guys know these women too (Since high school), yet nobody is into the other for some reason.  Perhaps matches on paper, but 4 distinct people going in different directions.  A good portion of men and women are best to be single it would seem.  I'd still recommend for my guy buddies to go overseas to meet a woman in her mid 30's or so, roll the dice before they become expired....or in other words 'climb every mountain'.   ;D

Jonas! 

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
Bill, who is paying women to meet him? Nobody on this thread I think. Did I miss something?

Offline Manny

• Trips: 20+
I think overall the paradigm is probably shifting a bit away from Russia.

It moved away from Russia on the whole years ago and focused on Ukraine. But with Ukraine now out of the picture, the Stans are a possibility for a few, but as most bride hunters are American, much will tilt to South America I'd suggest. What remains will move to China as I predicted many years ago: Chinese Women: The New Ukraine?
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Jonas!

I think overall the paradigm is probably shifting a bit away from Russia.

It moved away from Russia on the whole years ago and focused on Ukraine. But with Ukraine now out of the picture, the Stans are a possibility for a few, but as most bride hunters are American, much will tilt to South America I'd suggest. What remains will move to China as I predicted many years ago: Chinese Women: The New Ukraine?
Yup and I am a bit concerned about that!   Lots more Americans discovering Colombia & it's babes will probably wind up ruining it!

Insofar as China, I would think that the attractive women are in rather short supply due to the 1 child policy.   

Jonas!   

Offline Manny

I would think that the attractive women are in rather short supply due to the 1 child policy.     

You'd be surprised. The Pearl River Delta region is thronging with women from all over China who go there to work. I explained it more on the last page of the topic I linked. There's also the "old girl" thing in China ("sheng nu") where women over 30 will struggle to find a husband.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Offline WestCoast

The point still stands.

Andy I don't know where to begin. You've insulted just about everyone with this post. You call American men seeking a wife overseas "so socially inadequate that he is unacceptable to ALL women who can understand his speech. And, frankly, in such a situation, it does not make sense to encourage those inadequates to foist themselves on some poor foreign woman. Better to help those guys to function better in their own environment."

I'm assuming this description of American men also applies to UK men? Aren't some of the UK men on this site who've found women in the FSU your friends? Are you saying Manny is "so socially inadequate that he is unacceptable to ALL women"? What about the Dutch, Canadian and other RUA members on this site? Are they "so socially inadequate that he is unacceptable to ALL women"?

Then of course you've also insulted the "some poor foreign woman" these men have "imported" as you like to call it.

Canadians as a whole tend to be less confrontational and more law abiding than Americans however if you made this comparison at a dinner party in Vancouver with men who've married Asian women you'd probably be asked to leave at a minimum or possibly carried out and dumped on the sidewalk.
andrewfi says ''Proximity is almost no guarantee of authority" and "in many cases, distance gives a better picture with less emotional and subjective input."

That means I'm a subject matter expert on all things Russia, Ukraine and UK.

Offline Manny

More to the point, welcome back after SIX YEARS, Westy!  :thumbsup:

Offline WestCoast

More to the point, welcome back after SIX YEARS, Westy!  :thumbsup:

Thank you. I've stopped in the past but I see that the usual crew needs some education so I posted. Maybe more tomorrow or Friday. Busy for the next couple of days.
andrewfi says ''Proximity is almost no guarantee of authority" and "in many cases, distance gives a better picture with less emotional and subjective input."

That means I'm a subject matter expert on all things Russia, Ukraine and UK.

Offline iceman_530

Yikes........big yikes.  This place has gone off the deep end in a bad way.  Enjoy arguing about how Russia will somehow not lose this war to Ukraine I guess???  Im sure Operation Human Wave is going to go wonderfully for Russia in the upcoming days, completely destroying their offensive capabilities and incapacitating their war machine for a decade, but I digress. 

Offline Manny

That was a digression indeed. Russia will achieve its objectives, likely by May the 9th, Victory Day.

There isn't much left to do.

Offline iceman_530

what pray tell are Russia's objectives???  Getting their butts kicked in Kiev, Sumy, Chernihiv, and Nikolayev?  Losing Kherson in the next few days?  Still not manage to completely capture Mariupol after 47 days?  20,000 dead in 6 weeks?  Beg retirees, Syrians, Central African Republic, Abkhazians, and South Ossetians to make up the numbers for Operation Human Wave?  Torture civilians?  Try to become X-Men at Chernobyl?  Flatten entire cities because they dont even have a basic military concept of operations? Convince Sweden and Finland to join NATO?   incapacitate the Russian economy?  And have over two thousand war crimes incidents opened up against their military that include raping an infant?

But, yeah.......I mean if you want to convince this was anything remotely close to a cohesive plan, thats your choice entirely. 

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
Westy, Good to see you posting again! How are things going for you?

Often you posted interesting insights and I hope you will share some more.  Av
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Online Texan77

what pray tell are Russia's objectives???  Getting their butts kicked in Kiev, Sumy, Chernihiv, and Nikolayev?  Losing Kherson in the next few days?  Still not manage to completely capture Mariupol after 47 days?  20,000 dead in 6 weeks?  Beg retirees, Syrians, Central African Republic, Abkhazians, and South Ossetians to make up the numbers for Operation Human Wave?  Torture civilians?  Try to become X-Men at Chernobyl?  Flatten entire cities because they dont even have a basic military concept of operations? Convince Sweden and Finland to join NATO?   incapacitate the Russian economy?  And have over two thousand war crimes incidents opened up against their military that include raping an infant?

But, yeah.......I mean if you want to convince this was anything remotely close to a cohesive plan, thats your choice entirely.

You said it a lot better than I could of. Now Russia 20 mile long convoy has been reduced to an 8 mile long convoy moving into Dombas. I do not want to be over confidant but Russia in trying to find weapons any where it can in the world to stop an on slot by Ukraine. Factories crippled for lack of parts, weapon repair companies without parts, ship yards unable to complete Russian ships yards no parts to work on Navy ships and more. Yea Putin did a great job playing chess while everyone else was playing checkers.
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Offline iceman_530

You said it a lot better than I could of. Now Russia 20 mile long convoy has been reduced to an 8 mile long convoy moving into Dombas. I do not want to be over confidant but Russia in trying to find weapons any where it can in the world to stop an on slot by Ukraine. Factories crippled for lack of parts, weapon repair companies without parts, ship yards unable to complete Russian ships yards no parts to work on Navy ships and more. Yea Putin did a great job playing chess while everyone else was playing checkers.

Anyone with a shred of military understanding knows how screwed they are.  Theyre going to continue to perform poorly.   The May 9th deadline is the icing on the cake that is hilarious to me.  It is going to force field commanders, who are already poor leaders in the first place, to rush into terrible decisions because theyll be under the gun to please the Fuhrer by then.  They know they have a deadline to meet, which is totally psychological and unneeded pressure.  But as Napoleon said, never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake. 

Offline Contrarian

Kaboom!

:ROFL:      :ROFL:       :ROFL:        :ROFL:        :ROFL:     tiphat

Offline Manny

I see CNN is doing it’s job.  :prophead:

Registration