The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Poll

Has your Russian woman gotten different treatment lately? After Ukraine?

Yes, it's been unfavorable
Yes, it's been positive
Yes, but only from Ukrainians
No, it's been about the same
My wife isn't Russian and I will explain if she got any different treatment
Something else please explain

Author Topic: Has your Russian woman gotten different treatment lately? After Ukraine?  (Read 401 times)

Online 2tallbill

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 10-20
Has your Russian wife received different treatment since the invasion of Ukraine?

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
I often deal with Polish, Russian, and Ukrainian nationals. I see no difference in the United States treatment of the different groups. Should note I am in an affluent area that is relatively civilized.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
No different treatment, even in russian achool. But the school is very strict on leaving politics outside the school
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline NS1

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 5-10
None here, small Russian / Ukrainian community here. 20-25000
But so far no issues.
There is nothing permanent except change.

Offline Manny

Nothing negative. She’s had more people asking where her accent is from. When she’s said Russia, people always want a conversation and to know what she thinks of Putin, etc.

She was engaging with people at first, but now finds the same conversations with strangers a bit tedious and time consuming.

I gather she’s from the Czech Republic now, that ends the conversation after the first question.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Online yankee

Nothing negative. She’s had more people asking where her accent is from. When she’s said Russia, people always want a conversation and to know what she thinks of Putin, etc.

She was engaging with people at first, but now finds the same conversations with strangers a bit tedious and time consuming.

I gather she’s from the Czech Republic now, that ends the conversation after the first question.

My wife says she is from Azerbaijan.  She was born there.
What is worse than not being able to get what you don't even want?

Online Wiz

No problems for my wife at work. All staff warned by the Gov management about their behaviour towards other members otherwise will be…….retired…..LOL

My wife’s standard reply to everybody asking “where are you from?”

“I was borne in Russia, my mother is in Russia as also my sister and her children.” I live in England, have British Nationality what else you want to know?

What can they say with such a reply?   ;D :nod: tiphat
Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire ? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Online 2tallbill

Mini me goes to Russian language school once per week to study
Math and Russian. He also takes a dance class during the week
that is taught in Russian. The memo went out that there is to be
zero discussion about politics/the war. Everyone is quiet.

There is a Russian language fb page and the women fight viscously
there. Wishing each others children to die of ass cancer would be a
mild insult, it just goes down hill from there. The vitriol is toxic.
I have told Angel Eyes stay away from there. She mostly stays
away.

We had the same thing happen here when we merged with the LL
Forum during the Crimea situation. Several ladies from that website
spent weeks fighting and insulting each other. Eventually they all
left. We only have two members left from that forum.

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up

Online yankee

It's hard to get rid of me :coffeeread:
What is worse than not being able to get what you don't even want?

Offline Brillynt

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: Ukraine

There is a Russian language fb page and the women fight viscously
there. Wishing each others children to die of ass cancer would be a
mild insult, it just goes down hill from there. The vitriol is toxic.
I have told Angel Eyes stay away from there. She mostly stays
away.

My wife is seeing similar things with Ukrainian women living in the US saying everyone from the Donbas area should be shot, get cancer, blah blah blah. They blame the invasion on everyone living in Donbas, which pisses her off because she was and her family have been living in a war zone for the last 8 years. She is so stressed right now with survivors guilt about her family, and this just adds to it.

Needless to say, a stressed out pissed off Ukrainian wife is "Interesting" to live with.  :laugh: :laugh:

The wife was put in FB Jail for replying to some of the suka's, as she likes to put it.

Online 2tallbill

Only you and Orchid made it through.

Offline Orchid

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: USA
  • Trips: Resident

I admire you, Mr. Yankee, for your wisdom, courage, and loyalty.

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
My wife mom lives in Germany .. there are two Russian shops in her town .. both had windows smashed and vandalized .. same for someone we know in Athens..

Yeah a lot of Hate for Russians now in fact I think they will be persecuted more than the Jews now.. But is that what the US has always wanted  something like that..

The address of the Russian Embassy in Sweden to compatriots
Dear compatriots!
Due to the aggravating international situation and the anti-Russian information campaign in the media, the number of cases of discrimination against Russian citizens abroad has increased sharply, including mobbing, threats of rape and the use of physical violence. An outbreak of inciting hate messages and comments on the Internet has been fixed.
The Embassy draws the attention of the Swedish authorities to this problem. Messages containing direct threats and unacceptable insults, including addressed to the Embassy and its employees, are transferred to Swedish law enforcement agencies. We make efforts to protect your rights.
We urge our compatriots to take all measures to identify and fix the described cases. Immediately, in writing, inform law enforcement, Swedish authorities, local human rights non-governmental organizations about them. Insist an official response to your appeals.
👉🏻 For the maximum prompt and efficient response to such incidents, the Embassy of Russia in Sweden launches a hotline. If you are a Russian citizen or Russian compatriots living abroad, report such incidents to our special email inbox
 📩russian.consulate.in.stockholm@gmail.com,
with a reference to contact details.
👉🏻We also pay attention to the "hotline" for messages
on violation of rights, persecution and discrimination of compatriots
Abroad created by Rossotruchettom in the messenger "Telegram" (@rs_hotbot).
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Online 2tallbill

Has your Russian woman gotten different treatment lately? After Ukraine?
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2022, 07:24:19 AM »
Yeah a lot of Hate for Russians now in fact I think they will be persecuted more than the Jews now.. But is that what the US has always wanted  something like that..

Find ONE persecuted Russian in the USA and then you might have
a point. Don't forget the Democrats accused the sneaky Russians
of stealing the election otherwise Hillary would have been president.

After stealing the election, not a single regular Russian was persecuted. 
Nobody blamed actual real Russian people living in the USA. This situation
only exists in your mind. Find me a persecuted Russian living in the USA.

Online 2tallbill

It's hard to get rid of me

Cream rises to the top. You and Orchid are excellent contributors here

Offline chelseaboy

• Watched
  • Trips: 1-5
My wife mom lives in Germany .. there are two Russian shops in her town .. both had windows smashed and vandalized .. same for someone we know in Athens..

Dear compatriots!
Due to the aggravating international situation and the anti-Russian information campaign in the media, the number of cases of discrimination against Russian citizens abroad has increased sharply, including mobbing, threats of rape and the use of physical violence. An outbreak of inciting hate messages and comments on the Internet has been fixed.
The Embassy draws the attention of the Swedish authorities to this problem. Messages containing direct threats and unacceptable insults, including addressed to the Embassy and its employees, are transferred to Swedish law enforcement agencies. We make efforts to protect your rights.
We urge our compatriots to take all measures to identify and fix the described cases. Immediately, in writing, inform law enforcement, Swedish authorities, local human rights non-governmental organizations about them. Insist an official response to your appeals.
👉🏻 For the maximum prompt and efficient response to such incidents, the Embassy of Russia in Sweden launches a hotline. If you are a Russian citizen or Russian compatriots living abroad, report such incidents to our special email inbox

That is disgusting.

No Russian should be victimised because of the country they happened to be born in.

Two young Russian builders working here in the UK were asked by Sky News if they were being affected by the war in Ukraine and they said in general no.They'd been asked a few times for their opinion on what is happening in Ukraine and they tell people that they don't agree with it but that it's something they personally can't do anything about.

There are plenty of Russians joining the anti-war/anti-Putin protests outside the Russian Embassy in London.
"I find it hard to believe that Russia would target civilians on purpose " Manny 28/2/22

Offline Bodine

• Trips: 5-10

My wife's sister is married and living in Germany. She once told my wife that one restaurant put up a sign that read. "No dogs or Russian Allowed". Not sure if this is true, but I guess Germany have a very strict law regarding 'discrimination', and the establishment was closed down the following day or so. I'm not sure if temporarily as a penalty, or permanent.

Where we are however, the current war, despite the overly sensationalized reporting, hasn't been as central in people's minds. Southern Californians are far more 'pre-occupied' with mid-$6.00/gal fuel prices.

Online AJ

Dear compatriots!

Sorry to hear that. That's horrible.

As far as u.s.
My area you'd have to be on some really good drugs to believe that.
Within a 120 mile circle,
Hundreds on thousands of Russuans live here, hundreds iof thousands of Ukrainians, half a million poles,thousands of Lithuanians,Serbs, Croatian latvians,Belarusian etc.
There are zero issues .
To be fair half the russians are jewish, or decendents of those who.fled persecution in Russia.