The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Lost Land in Crimea  (Read 8283 times)

Offline NS1

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 5-10
Lost Land in Crimea
« on: March 09, 2022, 11:33:51 AM »
Easy Manny, tell Putin, to tell his Nazi buddies he installed in the east to go back to Russian
and Ukraine is denazified. Then the war can be over.

And tell all of the Russian carpet baggers, who stole businesses in the Crimea, to give them back.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/30/world/europe/crimea-annexation-russia-ukraine.html
and my wifes land would be nice LOL
There is nothing permanent except change.

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
Re: Lost Land in Crimea
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2022, 11:35:40 AM »
Easy Manny, tell Putin, to tell his Nazi buddies he installed in the east to go back to Russian

And tell all of the Russian carpet baggers, who stole businesses in the Crimea, to give them back.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/30/world/europe/crimea-annexation-russia-ukraine.html

Exactly!

Russian Nazi's and carpet baggers only think about themselves though, sadly.

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2022, 11:52:19 AM »

Aha, we now see why you are as you are...
Upon reunification with Russia, Ukrainians had 90 days in which to reregister their holdings/property/land in order to retain ownership, many Ukrainians did this, obviously your wife didn't...
Tango Sierra..
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Online 2tallbill

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2022, 11:57:32 AM »
Upon reunification with Russia, Ukrainians had 90 days in which to reregister their holdings/property/land in order to retain ownership, many Ukrainians did this, obviously your wife didn't...
Tango Sierra..

It's his wife's fault that her land was stolen? Could it be that she was in
Canada during this? You can't imagine a situation in Russia or Ukraine
where shading dealings happened? You haven't seen bureaucrats from
Russia or Ukraine expect bribes to do their jobs or take bribes to make
certain outcomes happen? Are you new? (don't answer that, I was being
sarcastic).

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2022, 12:00:23 PM »

Tango Sierra..

Clearly you do not know much about the Krim. I had a small share in a German company that made a substantial investment on the Krim. Notwithstanding following the rules that Russia imposed, there ownership was stripped of this asset (property). To be specific vineyards.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2022, 12:06:38 PM »

Tango Sierra..

Clearly you do not know much about the Krim. I had a small share in a German company that made a substantial investment on the Krim. Notwithstanding following the rules that Russia imposed, there ownership was stripped of this asset (property). To be specific vineyards.

Can't have any German (Nazi) vineyards in Crimea!

Never mind that they taught the Russians how to make quality wine. Never mind that they were invited there by one of the Tsars. Weren't all of the Tsars closet Nazi's to begin with? Better check it out.

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2022, 12:07:36 PM »
Tango Sierra..

sarcastic).

She had 90 days to make any arrangement, she didn't need to travel there herself, it could have been done by a relative/family friend..
Many Ukrainians did, I have a friend in California who's Ukrainian wife did this by "Power of attorney" to a friend of hers, she is still the proud owner of her house and land...
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2022, 12:14:31 PM »

Tango Sierra..

I cannot comment on this, but, if the property was owned/leased by the German company, then by law, that should have been retained...
The first thing that springs to mind is that the property was owned by a Ukrainian, and either it wasn't claimed/reregistered, then forfeited, or someone has done the dirty..
If you/they have any proof of this, or a claim, they can take it to the courts in Crimea, and would most probably win back any holding they had, that is of course, subject to adequate proof, and the then owner being around...

Offline NS1

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2022, 12:16:16 PM »

Tango Sierra..

All the proper paper work was done.
and sent and thats not why I am the way I am,
not my land, had nothing to do with me.
That is done, move on.

But Pro Russian folks here don't have an orignal thought
what ever Putin says, they push that narrative.
The end, "thats all folks"
There is nothing permanent except change.

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2022, 12:18:30 PM »
Tango Sierra..

sarcastic).

She had 90 days to make any arrangement, she didn't need to travel there herself, it could have been done by a relative/family friend..
Many Ukrainians did, I have a friend in California who's Ukrainian wife did this by "Power of attorney" to a friend of hers, she is still the proud owner of her house and land...

Did she pay a bribe to someone?

Online AvHdB

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2022, 12:18:53 PM »

Tango Sierra..

I cannot comment on this, but, if the property was owned/leased by the German company, then by law, that should have been retained...
The first thing that springs to mind is that the property was owned by a Ukrainian, and either it wasn't claimed/reregistered, then forfeited, or someone has done the dirty..
If you/they have any proof of this, or a claim, they can take it to the courts in Crimea, and would most probably win back any holding they had, that is of course, subject to adequate proof, and the then owner being around...

Being a German entity they are in court. On the Krim & Moscow it is sort of ping-pong legal dance. And now before the EU, I suspect Strasbourg or The Hague.

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2022, 12:20:06 PM »
Another quick thought on this Av, Foreigners (Germans et al) were not allowed by Ukrainian law to own land in Crimea...

Online AvHdB

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2022, 12:21:16 PM »
Another quick thought on this Av, Foreigners (Germans et al) were not allowed by Ukrainian law to own land in Crimea...

This was a business. As I understand vineyards were subject to different laws and regulations of ownership to farmland for say grain.

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2022, 12:21:48 PM »
Tango Sierra..

sarcastic).

Why do you constantly post such crap, haven't you got a home to go to??

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2022, 12:23:32 PM »

Tango Sierra..

Being a German entity they are in court. On the Krim & Moscow it is sort of ping-pong legal dance. And now before the EU, I suspect Strasbourg or The Hague.

Have the got any form of ruling from a Crimean court??

Online AvHdB

« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2022, 12:25:21 PM »

Tango Sierra..

As I understand no. Moscow sent it back south.

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2022, 12:25:38 PM »
Tango Sierra..

sarcastic).

Why do you constantly post such crap, haven't you got a home to go to??

It's a legitimate question. I did not post it until NS1 said that his wife did everything required.

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2022, 12:25:50 PM »

This was a business. As I understand vineyards were subject to different laws and regulations of ownership to farmland for say grain.

Not correct, land is land, and has a designated use, e.g. Building/agricultural/other uses..

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2022, 12:29:02 PM »

As I understand no. Moscow sent it back south.

They must get a Crimean court first before it can go any further...
Even getting thrown out is good enough..

Online AvHdB

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2022, 12:32:48 PM »

Not correct, land is land, and has a designated use, e.g. Building/agricultural/other uses..

While I may be wrong, agricultural land in Ukraine was clearly divided into usage. This determined who could own what type of land. Meaning vineyards and grazing lands for livestock are separated from the so-called black earth or rich farm lands.

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2022, 12:40:15 PM »

While I may be wrong, agricultural land in Ukraine was clearly divided into usage. This determined who could own what type of land. Meaning vineyards and grazing lands for livestock are separated from the so-called black earth or rich farm lands.

You are correct re. land usage divisions, but unfortunately wrong about foreign ownership, it is written in the constitution...
This is the problem currently going on between China and Ukraine, China paid for and thought that they were the owners of a large area of land, but according to the constitution they aren't
Better ask someone who is more up to speed about Ukrainian laws...

Offline AJ

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2022, 12:50:42 PM »

You are correct re. land usage divisions, but unfortunately wrong about foreign ownership, it is written in the constitution...
This is the problem currently going on between China and Ukraine, China paid for and thought that they were the owners of a large area of land, but according to the constitution they aren't

I believe it  occured certainly

But it seems odd the Chinese purchasers had such poor due diligence or legal.representation during the initial transaction?

Online AvHdB

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2022, 02:06:05 PM »

Again I am not certain about the laws prior to the annexation of the Krim.

But I spoke to some Dutch farmers near L’viv who has substantial land holdings. There is a caveat they grew everything in hot houses (greenhouses). They maintained they owned the land and hot houses. I never really delved into it. The majority of what they grew was exported westward.

Registration