The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Nazis in Ukraine - Denazification.  (Read 30680 times)

Offline redroo

• Spouses Country: FSU
  • Trips: Semi-Resident
Re: Nazis in Ukraine - Denazification.
« Reply #125 on: March 22, 2022, 07:36:44 AM »
When in Ukraine, I live in Odesa. All communication is in Russian and English, only formal documents and education are in Ukrainian. The same could pretty much be said for a line up through Vinnytsia, Zhitomir, Kiev and everywhere east of that. Nobody ever stopped speaking Russian amongst my friends. It's a dual language country, just like Canada and New Zealand.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #126 on: March 22, 2022, 07:59:07 AM »
redroo, what seems to have been legislated in Ukraine is a more draconian version of what exists in Estonia and elsewhere in the Baltic states. The goal is to remove Russian from daily use. It serves to restrict employment, reduce cultural access and to force language acquisition and use.

You are correct to note that on a day to day level, many people's lives are relatively unaffected. However, it does lead to discrimination and cultural isolation. The only mitigating circumstance is the similarity of Ukrainian to Russian, given that Ukrainian is a *snip*ised version of Russian.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #127 on: March 22, 2022, 11:23:28 AM »
There are many, many elements of Nazism. Which ones are present in the
Ukraine/Russia debate? Which ones are missing? Which ones offend Manny?
Which ones concern Putin?

I'd not have this charming Ukrainian chap over for dinner.

Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #128 on: March 22, 2022, 01:09:41 PM »

(Attachment Link)

Not a nice person.. would have to use a meat cleaver on that one..  :laugh:
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline AJ

« Reply #129 on: March 22, 2022, 02:46:28 PM »

(Attachment Link)

What about this one,?
Putin had him  honored at a Kremlin reception.

Offline Lord of the Dance

• Supporting Hero Member
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #130 on: March 22, 2022, 08:59:22 PM »

(Attachment Link)

You can tell that this guy is intelligent by the tattoos on his face.

Only smart people get those.  :laugh:
"My soul cries out with a joyful shout that the God of my heart is great, and my spirit sings of the wondrous things that you bring to the ones who wait." - Canticle of the Turning

Online Texan77

« Reply #131 on: March 22, 2022, 10:43:03 PM »

(Attachment Link)

Yea I bet you have a few of those in the UK also. Maybe Russia should destroy your cities and kill thousands of your population because of it. How do you even know for sure he is Ukrainian, or the tats are real? Maybe because you found it in some Russian propaganda site that usually has fake info all over it? Is this really a reason to destroy a country who does not find these citizens a problem? This is not who Russia is complaining about when it says NAZIs anyway. They are claiming the government of Ukraine is NAZI. I bet this dude if he is even Ukrainian at all does not have a important position in Ukrainian government? This NAZI claim is completely Bogus just like the rest of the claims of the Russian Federation. Now in Peace talk Russian Federation is no longer even trying to rid country of NAZIs. More Russian speaking Ukrainian citizen have been killed by Russan Federation NAZIs than by NAZIs in Ukraine by far. The real NAZI government is in Russia trying to destroy the cultural of Ukraine. 
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Offline Manny

« Reply #132 on: March 23, 2022, 11:40:39 AM »
How do you even know for sure he is Ukrainian, or the tats are real?

Will a Kiev police officer do?

ila_rendered
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Offline AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #133 on: March 23, 2022, 11:57:41 AM »

(Attachment Link)

Seem to be images of the same individual. Problem not a single image proves he is a police officer or even in Ukraine.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline yankee

« Reply #134 on: March 23, 2022, 01:50:21 PM »

(Attachment Link)

Seem to be images of the same individual. Problem not a single image proves he is a police officer or even in Ukraine.

using your logic, are you sure there is a conflict in Ukraine?
What is worse than not being able to get what you don't even want?

Online Texan77

« Reply #135 on: March 23, 2022, 03:21:50 PM »
I have never seen a single police officer in Ukraine that had any tattoos that were visible when they were in uniform or had shaved heads. He does not look Ukrainian at all. That is why I question if the picture is real. I do not know if it is a policy or not but if they are any it is extremely rare. Maybe he is a bouncer at some night club, and they are calling him a security officer. But I really doubt he works for the national Ukrainian government. Anyway, if he worked in the UK would that be a reason to invade your country, destroy your cities and kill thousands of citizens? I know we have more than a few somebodies like that in USA and I am not interested in having dinner with them neither, but I would not want to start mass murder to be sure I got all of them.

People keep saying Russia never said what they wanted to achieve in their invasion. Denazification has been said as one objective. Russia is claiming the government is a Nazi form of government that is killing ethnic Russian and they are there to stop that. It is the same old crap they have been saying since 2014. It has been interpreted in the west at this time as meaning to overthrow the government. The main spear head of their invasion was at the city of Kiev. The other thrust was in the south. It looked like they wanted to cut the country in half, then divide it up into pieces. Russia has a history of making small dysfunctional countries on its border which it can easily control. Recently Russian has realized overthrowing the government would mean a war that would never end and is now claiming that is not an objective but in early peace talks it was.

For those who believe that Russia never stated what it wanted need to look at the points Russia made in first peace talks with the Ukraine. Those are the stated goals of the invasion. 

3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Offline Manny

« Reply #136 on: March 25, 2022, 05:42:08 AM »
We understand your view, Tex. Apparently, you think all those nazis in Ukraine are all fakes or photoshopped, Azov, C14 and Right Sector don't exist and everyone in the Ukrainian military and police are Sunday School teachers. Putin is a nazi though, it must be true coz it said so on MSN blah blah:pointlaugh:

Offline AvHdB

« Reply #137 on: March 25, 2022, 07:16:53 AM »
We understand your view, Tex. Apparently, you think all those nazis in Ukraine are all fakes or photoshopped, Azov, C14 and Right Sector don't exist and everyone in the Ukrainian military and police are Sunday School teachers. Putin is a nazi though, it must be true coz it said so on MSN blah blah:pointlaugh: yea

With out doubt there are extremists in Ukraine, call them what ever flavour you wish. But in my albeit limited interactions with police in Ukraine and my observations I have NEVER seen any officer with tattoos. The last time in Ivano Frankovisk and L’viv there were a handful of right sector flags hanging about.

I am certain if one wanted to look, one could find Nazi sympathizers in Italy (okay maybe Facists) Germany, The UK, and the United States. If they stay within the bounds of the law, who cares? Russia I guess wants to rid the world of these sorts. But there is a parable from the Bible, remove the beam in your own eye before you attempt to remove the splinter in another’s eye.

The Kremlin is just inventing a flimsy excuse for there actions and some posters are trying to justify the atrocities that are happening because of V. Putin.

• Supporting Hero Member
« Reply #138 on: March 25, 2022, 08:58:39 AM »

(Attachment Link)

This sort of person appears a tough guy right up until he is strapped down to the table to have those tats seared off with an electric knife. It's great for cutting rope too... it cleanly whips both ends at once.
"My soul cries out with a joyful shout that the God of my heart is great, and my spirit sings of the wondrous things that you bring to the ones who wait." - Canticle of the Turning

Offline AvHdB

« Reply #139 on: March 25, 2022, 10:15:18 AM »

(Attachment Link)

This sort of person appears a tough guy right up until he is strapped down to the table to have those tats seared off with an electric knife. It's great for cutting rope too... it cleanly whips both ends at once.

Having been burnt more than once with both an electric knife and a butane one, it is not pleasant. If you get the rope snot on your skin your English will not be proper.

• Supporting Hero Member
« Reply #140 on: March 25, 2022, 12:30:57 PM »
Having been burnt more than once with both an electric knife and a butane one, it is not pleasant. If you get the rope snot on your skin your English will not be proper.

Same here. I've spent a few nights with a cup of ice as my best friend after getting splattered with liquid rope. But a hot knife has a million and one uses.  tiphat

Online Texan77

« Reply #141 on: March 25, 2022, 02:31:31 PM »
We understand your view, Tex. Apparently, you think all those nazis in Ukraine are all fakes or photoshopped, Azov, C14 and Right Sector don't exist and everyone in the Ukrainian military and police are Sunday School teachers. Putin is a nazi though, it must be true coz it said so on MSN blah blah:pointlaugh:

Yea and we understand you point of view. Because someone in Ukraine might be a NAZI the whole country should be destroyed government overturned, thousand killed and the remaining people should live their complete life in poverty. This is in part because they are Ukrainian and that is how Ukrainians have always lived under Russian rule.  You have all kind of reasons written in Putin National news network to always back you up and blah, blah  :pointlaugh:

Offline Manny

« Reply #142 on: March 26, 2022, 12:44:53 AM »
Because someone in Ukraine might be a NAZI

Oh, you’re admitting the possibility of one are you?  :pointlaugh:

Offline 2tallbill

• Trips: 10-20
Nazis in Ukraine - Denazification.
« Reply #143 on: March 26, 2022, 10:26:14 AM »

Ukraine has a population of over 44 million people. They have Angels, @ssholes
and everything in between just like everybody else.

However, if 2.15% of Ukrainians like Nazi's enough to vote for them on a secret
ballot, where they could exercise their true beliefs and desires then they should
get a medal. That's a low number, compared to Europe in general Russia included.
The denazification of Ukraine is a joke.

Even Putin has stopped talking about Neo Nazi's (but you are still going strong).

You don't have a rebuttal to the 2.15% historical fact.
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline Wiz

« Reply #144 on: March 26, 2022, 10:47:57 AM »

ballot, where they could exercise their true beliefs and desires then they should
get a medal. That's a low number, compared to Europe in general Russia included.

Even Putin has stopped talking about Neo Nazi's (but you are still going strong).

Hello Sex tourist...... (Only teasing you) :laugh:

Haven you not read yet, The speech of the Colonel General Sergei Rudskoy

I am sure you will learn a lot of things, as all of us who read it! :thumbsup:
Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Online Texan77

« Reply #145 on: March 26, 2022, 11:18:34 AM »
I am surprised that Russia has any remaining Generals not under house arrest or dead. All he is doing is to try to justify the new scaled back goals of the Russian federation.  Many areas the Ukrainian army has more equipment than when the war started because of weapons being abounded by Russian troops. He did not seem to count them.

Offline yankee

« Reply #146 on: March 26, 2022, 12:12:41 PM »

Hello Sex tourist...... (Only teasing you) :laugh:

Haven you not read yet, The speech of the Colonel General Sergei Rudskoy

I am sure you will learn a lot of things, as all of us who read it! :thumbsup:
WIZ  most people will not be able to read this site unless they use VPN, I had to use the  Finland hub to read it.  That is the USA version of Freedom of Speach
What is worse than not being able to get what you don't even want?

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #147 on: March 26, 2022, 01:08:28 PM »

2TB, what's this fixation that you have about 2.15%???
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #148 on: March 26, 2022, 01:42:34 PM »

get a medal.

Yes , but this is the core of it for you isn't it.

A) its waaaay more than 2.15 %
B) They are not hiding , they are openly advertising, having marches through streets, flagwaving in public etc. etc. etc. and the crowd cheers them on, thats the most scary part.

OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline 2tallbill

• Trips: 10-20
Nazis in Ukraine - Denazification.
« Reply #149 on: March 26, 2022, 04:42:30 PM »

Yes , but this is the core of it for you isn't it.

A) its waaaay more than 2.15 %

Why would they not vote that way, if that was what they wanted? 

The commies want communism so they vote that way. The Green tree humpers
vote that way, the probusiness people vote that way. However, according to you,
the freakin Nazi's vote for somebody else because that's how they roll. Total BS

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls