The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: And I haven’t left Odessa and have no intention of doing so.  (Read 1277 times)

Offline Stirlitz

• Commercial Member
  • "Helping People Understand Each Other"
    • OdessaGuide.Net
  • Trips: Resident
And I haven’t left Odessa and have no intention of doing so. The only way for me to leave Odessa is to go to the Crimea to liberate it from the Nazis. So far I am patrolling the streets of my town with my own AKM at night during the curfew.

Igor Kalinin
Russian Translator/Interpreter/Guide/Agent for Odessa, the Crimea and the rest of Ukraine
www.odessaguide.net

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
Re: And I haven’t left Odessa and have no intention of doing so.
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2022, 12:26:37 PM »
And I haven’t left Odessa and have no intention of doing so. The only way for me to leave Odessa is to go to the Crimea to liberate it from the Nazis. So far I am patrolling the streets of my town with my own AKM at night during the curfew.

Congratulations, Igor.

You are a true Patriot for Ukraine and it's nice to see there are men like you who speak the truth and take action against Putin and his band of criminals.

Offline NS1

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2022, 12:35:37 PM »

Good luck, stay safe. tiphat
There is nothing permanent except change.

Offline Dogsoldier

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: Україна
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2022, 12:45:25 PM »

Stay safe and good luck. There are still people who believe in truth and right from wrong and we are with you in spirit.

Слава Украійні.

Offline AJ

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2022, 01:08:20 PM »
Igor,
had no idea you still posted on the forums and very glad to hear you are ok.

I've not  been on them often  for a  bit  until recently and last I recall you had gone to the east,then returned to Odessa.

My mother-in- law  (and.sil).told us  Russian troops attempted Nikolayev yesterday, by beach landing, but were unsuccessful.

Granted she is an elderly babushka and while her building is not so far from the water there, is relying on  info from other  scared grandmothers so we are not sure what is  really happening ,other than certainly parts of the city were hit with various strikes the last few days.

Stay safe!

Offline Chris

• Spouses Country: Chernivtsi, Ukraine
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2022, 01:44:13 PM »

Good to see you around Stirlitz, we have this evening delivered a car load of medical supplies to one of our contacts who is driving them out to Ukraine tomorrow, collections of all types of things are being taken in over here, we are all doing our bit to help Ukraine and your valient efforts.

Слава Україні
Слава Україні

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2022, 01:55:26 PM »
Good to hear from you Stirlitz!

Stay safe and some us thank you for your efforts and sacrifice. Please keep us in the loop. Better than all the RT and BBC nonsense.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2022, 02:07:57 PM »
I truly hope that you have not and will not be tasking advantage of any young women.

Remember, you have a track record. Words spoken in jest can often reveal deeper truths.

So says the condescending "concern troll" curmudgeon and self-appointed MORAL COMPASS of RUA!

:evilgrin0002: :censored: :evilgrin0002: :censored: :evilgrin0002: :censored: :smokin: :thumbsup:

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2022, 02:36:34 PM »

S-Dawg - I was wondering how you are doing... you look tough in your Avatar photo - PM me your MoneyGram details by PM (Full Legal Name on your ID,  Snail Mail Address, Bank IANA number, and Ukraine Tax ID).  I have the MoneyGram app on my PC and smartphone and will shoot you $100 every few weeks to help you out a bit for Food, Bullets, Petrol, and Vodka so you can empty the bottles to keep warm and fill them with fuel for Molotov cocktails - hopefully, you and your brothers-at-arms can get your hands on some of our NLAW and Javelin rockets and Stinger missiles - I hear they have struck the fear of God almighty into Russian Tank and Armored truck drivers and stingers the Russian helicopter and Jet crews...  P.S. The MoneyGram app requires the Bank Account IANA and your UA Tax ID for KYC/AML  "Know Your Customer/Anti Money Laundering" purposes.

Hope your wife and family are OK...

Long Live Ukraine!

Also PM me for my Skype and my secure encrypted Swiss-based protonmail.com email address and then you can send me any smartphone videos of any action you are in or see and I will use them as real inspirational videos to launch a Christian Warrior GiveSendGo crowdfunding campaign and get all my Army, Marine, Air Force, and Nuclear Submarines Veterans to share the story and raise a LOT of USD especially since you once worked for me as a Virtual Consultant - then You Served 4 years honorably in the UA Army and have now taken up arms to defend your family, your home, your City and your Country...  I am too old now to join you on the ground but I can surely stir up a nuclear storm of support for you here - the pen (keyboard) can be mightier than the sword.

A Christian Nuclear Submarines Warrior Veteran and your true Friend in the USA...

May God Bless and Defend You and all those you love and care for.

...Mike

NBF - Nuke Boats Forever...

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2022, 01:55:56 AM »

Good luck Igor. Stay safe.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline Stirlitz

• Commercial Member
    • OdessaGuide.Net
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2022, 04:02:46 AM »
Markje, you are staunch supporter of the Russian Nazism, so I don’t want to hear from you. Follow the Russian ship.

This night was relatively quiet in Odessa. We went to a bomb shelter about 2 AM though.

We are still safe in Odessa, but Harkov is being erased by the Nazis. My customer and friend’s fiancee who lives there was able to escape and is in the west now, about to go to Poland. I feel relieved. We had kept in touch all the time. Perhaps one day he logs on here and tell his experience of comforting her online while the Rusonazi rockets were falling on her town from the sky.

Igor Kalinin
Russian Translator/Interpreter/Guide/Agent for Odessa, the Crimea and the rest of Ukraine
www.odessaguide.net

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2022, 05:17:56 AM »
Markje, you are staunch supporter of the Russian Nazism, so I don’t want to hear from you. Follow the Russian ship.

This night was relatively quiet in Odessa. We went to a bomb shelter about 2 AM though.

If you had payed attention you would have seen I in no way whatsoever support this war.
OO===[][]===OO

Offline Herrie

• Tech Group
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2022, 05:41:54 AM »
One girl stayed with me for a couple days then she found a Moldovan family that took her in. Meanwhile I'm in Tiraspol for a couple days. Crossing the Transnistria border was easy and uneventful. I find it hard to believe but I can't pay for anything with a visa or MasterCard nor can I get money from an ATM. Transnistria might seem like an ironic choice, given that Ukraine is under attack from Transnistria's mother country. On the other hand, it might be a safe place because Russia would have no reason to attack here. Nevertheless I think I'll be moving on in a day or 2. Maybe Romania or Poland.
Yup been in the same boat. My cards worked everywhere (CZ, PL, RU, UZ, BY, CN, SG, US etc), just not in Transnistria. Only way is to take hard currency or go across the border into proper MD and get some MDL/EUR there from ATM and exchange in Transnistria. Another way is to send some funds by Western Union or similar service and pick it up and exchange.

I wouldn't stay in Transnistria, once Russians take Southern Ukraine, they'll take Transnistria as well. There are already 1500 or so Russian "peace keepers" there since early 90's. It's a no brainer to take it for Putin etc.

Offline Stirlitz

• Commercial Member
    • OdessaGuide.Net
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2022, 05:46:21 AM »
If you had payed attention you would have seen I in no way whatsoever support this war.
Wow. Oh, really? I am about to cry.

So who is Pootin?

Is the Crimea Russia or Ukraine?

Igor Kalinin
www.odessaguide.net

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2022, 06:14:37 AM »
So who is Pootin?
I have no idea, but Putin is the prez of Russia.

Is the Crimea Russia or Ukraine?
Neither, its its own republic with its own administration. However as they are too small to survive, they choose an overlord to protect them. When Ukraine was failing it chose to be independent before choosing Russia.

I know you've lived in Crimea. you should know all that by heart.
OO===[][]===OO

Offline Stirlitz

• Commercial Member
    • OdessaGuide.Net
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2022, 06:59:39 AM »
Quite predictably you fail your test. I did not expect a staunch Nazi supporter like you anything else.

Correct answers:

Pootin is Huylo. Pronounced like who-i-law.

Crimea is Ukraine.

Remember that. Learn by heart. Soon all Nazi friends are going to suffer. Like it happened after WWII.

And now go along with the Russian ship. Иди на хуй!
Igor Kalinin
www.odessaguide.net

Online 2tallbill

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2022, 07:32:22 AM »

I am glad to hear that you are well.

Udachi!

Bill

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2022, 07:46:26 AM »
Quite predictably you fail your test. I did not expect a staunch Nazi supporter like you anything else.

Correct answers:

Pootin is Huylo. Pronounced like who-i-law.

Crimea is Ukraine.

Remember that. Learn by heart. Soon all Nazi friends are going to suffer. Like it happened after WWII.

And now go along with the Russian ship. Иди на хуй!

There is no need for venomous/nasty/abusive comments, especially to someone who only wished you good luck and good health....

Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Offline Stirlitz

• Commercial Member
    • OdessaGuide.Net
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2022, 08:35:21 AM »
There is no need for venomous/nasty/abusive comments, especially to someone who only wished you good luck and good health....

[Abuse removed]

Igor Kalinin
www.odessaguide.net

Offline chelseaboy

• Watched
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2022, 09:14:10 AM »

We are still safe in Odessa, but Harkov is being erased by the Nazis. My customer and friend’s fiancee who lives there was able to escape and is in the west now, about to go to Poland. I feel relieved. We had kept in touch all the time. Perhaps one day he logs on here and tell his experience of comforting her online while the Rusonazi rockets were falling on her town from the sky.

The very best of luck to you and everyone else in Ukraine...other than the invading Russians.

As expected by some of us on here the Russian forces are proving to be inhumane.
"I find it hard to believe that Russia would target civilians on purpose " Manny 28/2/22

Offline Stirlitz

• Commercial Member
    • OdessaGuide.Net
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2022, 09:42:29 AM »
Thank you.
As expected by some of us on here the Russian forces are proving to be inhumane.
Exactly.

A few hours ago they shelled a small town. Five people died, including three children. It seems like they are doing this for fun.

Igor Kalinin
www.odessaguide.net

Offline justadude

« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2022, 01:02:01 PM »
One girl stayed with me for a couple days then she found a Moldovan family that took her in. Meanwhile I'm in Tiraspol for a couple days. Crossing the Transnistria border was easy and uneventful. I find it hard to believe but I can't pay for anything with a visa or MasterCard nor can I get money from an ATM. Transnistria might seem like an ironic choice, given that Ukraine is under attack from Transnistria's mother country. On the other hand, it might be a safe place because Russia would have no reason to attack here. Nevertheless I think I'll be moving on in a day or 2. Maybe Romania or Poland.
Yup been in the same boat. My cards worked everywhere (CZ, PL, RU, UZ, BY, CN, SG, US etc), just not in Transnistria. Only way is to take hard currency or go across the border into proper MD and get some MDL/EUR there from ATM and exchange in Transnistria. Another way is to send some funds by Western Union or similar service and pick it up and exchange.

I wouldn't stay in Transnistria, once Russians take Southern Ukraine, they'll take Transnistria as well. There are already 1500 or so Russian "peace keepers" there since early 90's. It's a no brainer to take it for Putin etc.

Doesn't make sense to me. In my opinion it would be like the United States "taking" Guam.
two 90 day fiance visas, one 73 day fiance. Lived in Lvov and Odessa for 2 years. California native now on the Oregon Coast

Offline justadude

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2022, 01:02:46 PM »

I commend you for what you are doing. I feel guilty for not staying to help.
two 90 day fiance visas, one 73 day fiance. Lived in Lvov and Odessa for 2 years. California native now on the Oregon Coast