The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: 4 possible endings of this war, discuss!  (Read 174 times)

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
  • Trips: 20+
4 possible endings of this war, discuss!
« on: March 02, 2022, 04:37:46 AM »
Scenario 1:

Ukraine puts up a better fight than first noted, Putin is forced to retreat due to demonstrations and internal struggles in Russia.
Although there is once again peace between Ukraine/Russia there is much bad blood on both sides of the border and a new war is always possible.

Scenario 2:

Ukraine looses the war, but the victory is not complete. Many years the Russian aggressors face terrorist activity by patriotic Ukrainians. Eventually Putin leaves just like USA did after 20 years of afghanistan troubles.

Scenario 3:

Ukraine looses the war and the victory is complete. A new cold-war starts with the borders of the baltics, poland, bulgaria/romania as the newe iron curton. Any demonstration against the situation is surpressed with draconian penalties and violence.

Scenario 4:
Nato cannot stand by any longer and war is started. Some say it was a stray missile across latvia's borders, others claim Nato made the first move by enforcing a no-fly zone. Either way, war is now inevetable.

My thoughts:
Obviously, scenario 4 should be avoided at all costs. I consider scenario 1,2 the most probable. Perhaps there's a 5th scenario in putins head that I haven't thought up.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline Faux Pas

Re: 4 possible endings of this war, discuss!
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2022, 05:42:33 AM »
Scenario 5

Russia stops toying war in Ukraine and completely over runs it triggering a complete war between Russia and NATO. Other countries take sides and it's the United Nations against everyone else. Nuclear stand off. Does anyone have the balls for that?

Online Texan77

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2022, 11:35:14 AM »

My thoughts:
Obviously, scenario 4 should be avoided at all costs. I consider scenario 1,2 the most probable. Perhaps there's a 5th scenario in putins head that I haven't thought up.

The fifth scenario is Putin is removed from power in 2024 or sooner. New Russian Government and west becomes friends with sanctions being lifted. A great peace covers all of Europe. Anyway, this is the one I am voting for.
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2022, 11:48:21 AM »
Interesting thread. I suspect one is off the table because it would be the beginning of the end of the regime of the V. Putin. Four is something I do not wish to think about. My guess is some hybrid variation of two and three being the “end” result.

My guess V. Putin is looking at his parachute, but does not have a landing zone. So war on, sadly.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2022, 11:52:04 AM »

My thoughts:

The fifth scenario is Putin is removed from power in 2024 or sooner. New Russian Government and west become friends with sanctions being lifted. A great peace covers all of Europe. Anyway, this is the one I am voting for.

The current heavily sanctioned Russia scenario is in fact gumming up Communist Red China's belt and road initiative plans to own Europa so the Putin replacement scenario is plausible as China needs a peaceful Russia and Ukraine to build its high-speed silk road rail lines across both...

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2022, 12:18:21 PM »
The only ending I want to see is Putin committing hara-kiri, and then the World has a collective sigh of happiness that he's gone; replaced by someone truly moderate who immediately offers to pay Billions of war damages for the lunatics war in Ukraine. 

And quite frankly that is what he is, a guy who has completely lost his marbles and needs to be permanently gone.
I read carefully everything you wrote about doing business with Russians....they will always wait for the moment to rob and destroy you.

Registration