The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Russian Losses  (Read 88176 times)

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Russian Losses
« Reply #2850 on: March 08, 2024, 05:54:02 AM »
Love this one.   We're actually quite good at winning wars.  Just ask Saddam Hussein. Yes especially when they are fighting Little brown people who don't fight back..  :chuckle:

Don't mention Vietnam and North Korea, both of which they lost.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Jonas!

• Spouses Country: Colombia
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #2851 on: March 08, 2024, 07:01:16 AM »
If the CIA was really into killing people who was causing a problem with the war, why isn't Carson Tucker dead? It would be a lot easier than trying to go into Russia and kill a prisoner.  Carson Tucker's following all saw the interview and those who were not, did not give a s**t about it. Manny, I thought you did not like US news as it was all fake!!!! So now you admitting many points of view are expressed in our news?
While not a fan of Ticker Carson I do think his purpose was legit with the Putin interview. 

Offline Jonas!

• Spouses Country: Colombia
« Reply #2852 on: March 08, 2024, 07:11:37 AM »

I call it Whataboutism because that’s what it is.  Whinging about “But mUH AmRIkA!” is not relevant and in no way excuses Russia’s actions here, and yet  you continue to pretend that it does.

B/B

You can label it 'whataboutism' or whatever you like.  It doesn't change the worldwide perception (Which most would agree with even here) that we are extremely hypocritical.   We can bomb, invade, threaten, assassinate, sanction to get our way.  Other large nations are going to decide they have the same latitude and use whatever tools are available to them. 

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
« Reply #2853 on: March 08, 2024, 08:02:13 AM »

I call it Whataboutism because that’s what it is.  Whinging about “But mUH AmRIkA!” is not relevant and in no way excuses Russia’s actions here, and yet  you continue to pretend that it does.

B/B

You can label it 'whataboutism' or whatever you like.  It doesn't change the worldwide perception (Which most would agree with even here) that we are extremely hypocritical.   We can bomb, invade, threaten, assassinate, sanction to get our way.  Other large nations are going to decide they have the same latitude and use whatever tools are available to them.

tiphat

Offline Bodine

• Trips: 5-10
« Reply #2854 on: March 10, 2024, 09:32:44 PM »
Deeper insight into the current conflicts. Touches on which media brings actual factual reporting, current state on where this war/s is headed, the reality regarding ammunition stockpile/depletion/manufacturing rate v usage rate, etc..what our (US) actual involvement in these madness.

Offline Bodine

• Trips: 5-10
Re: Russian Losses - Moscow Terror Attack
« Reply #2855 on: March 22, 2024, 11:26:11 AM »
It was just a matter of time...

Goose/Gander.

Online 2tallbill

Your argument to the contrary has no merit
« Reply #2856 on: March 22, 2024, 01:09:32 PM »

B.B. myself and others can comment on what they see as wrong without being
required to apologize for every bad thing the USA has done wrong. B.B. has
not been tasked to help formulate government policy. Just because the USA
has done terrible things, doesn't mean we can't criticize Communism in China,
crime in Haiti, terrorists around the world or Russia foreign policy.

NOTE: I was just informed that bad people attacked innocent people in the
Crocus Concert Hall. By your reasoning I can't condemn those acts if an
American has ever done something similar, because I am
"extremely hypocritical" even though I have never done such a thing
myself ever before.

I don't have to apologize and/or defend all US government faults in to voice
my opinion. Your argument to the contrary has no merit.

Additionally I can hold two opinions at the same time. 

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Online B.B.

• Supporting Member
Re: Your argument to the contrary has no merit
« Reply #2857 on: March 22, 2024, 01:43:34 PM »
B.B. myself and others can comment on what they see as wrong without being
required to apologize for every bad thing the USA has done wrong. B.B. has
not been tasked to help formulate government policy. Just because the USA
has done terrible things, doesn't mean we can't criticize Communism in China,
crime in Haiti, terrorists around the world or Russia foreign policy.

It's what they have.  The facts on the ground in Ukraine are against them, so they want to talk about anything BUT - "But muH PALESTINE!!" and "BuT muH  AmErIcAn coLOniALiZmZ!!!" *sniffle* - that last one is tres delish when it comes from a Brit! We learned from the Best!  And as for the M/E, I do NOT give a SHIT about Palestine, and I never will, just like I don't give a shit about South America, Africa and most of Asia. 

But the LAST thing they want to talk about is Russia bc the Ukraine debacle looks bad in about a dozen different ways for Russia. 

B/B
Saving the World, One Clue at a Time
If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.

Online 2tallbill

Re: Your argument to the contrary has no merit
« Reply #2858 on: March 22, 2024, 02:32:07 PM »
B/B

Moby argued more than once that because of America's treatment of the
Indians (Natives) that I shouldn't be able to disagree about some subject
that he was totally wrong about.

It might be a big surprise to some, but I didn't give infected blankets to
the anyone.
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up

Online Texan77

« Reply #2859 on: March 23, 2024, 06:03:55 PM »
Indian to reduce imports of Russian oil and import more USA and middle eastern oil. India does not want to use Chinese currency so it will buy less Russian oil even though it is much cheaper. People here seem to think India and China are friends do not really understand things very well. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/is-india-planning-to-break-away-from-the-brics-for-u-s/ar-BB1kpskr?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=6d8bef652e6b4acbab635701293e282b&ei=122
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Offline Manny

« Reply #2860 on: March 27, 2024, 12:34:21 PM »
But it will cost them twice the price, Tex. How long before they fold and use RMB? They obviously need to be forced off USD transactions, and like many, they may do some feet stomping and get some pressure from the US before they play ball. Here's an opposing view from the horse's mouth:

World is grateful: India keeps oil prices cheaper by buying from Russia, Indian oil minister says
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Online 2tallbill

Russian Losses
« Reply #2861 on: March 27, 2024, 04:47:27 PM »
But it will cost them twice the price, Tex. How long before they fold and use RMB? They obviously need to be forced off USD transactions, and like many, they may do some feet stomping and get some pressure from the US before they play ball. Here's an opposing view from the horse's mouth:

World is grateful: India keeps oil prices cheaper by buying from Russia, Indian oil minister says

If I were India I would continue to buy Russian oil. I can see why they
don't want to pay for it with Yuan. India has a huge trade deficit with
China and China threatens to take land and water from them all the time.
China really needs India's water so they plan to take it. It's complicated
see the second link below

If I were India I would look to offer a deal where they could do a value
exchange If Russia wanted to buy X then pay in Rubles with the
understanding they would buy pharma or something that India makes
in Rubles as well.

It wouldn't need to be an equal exchange India could have a trade deficit,
but if Russia imported something/anything it would greatly sweeten the
deal. 

Russia to my knowledge hasn't threatened India and a deal would benefit
both Russia and India. I don't know what India makes that would benefit
Russia. India's major exports are pharmaceuticals, textiles, gems, and
jewelry.

USA is India's largest trading partner where they export more than they import.
India has a trade surplus with the USA. That is probably why they agreed to buy
a little crude from the USA.

Sources:
https://www.eximpedia.app/blog/major-trading-partners-of-india

China’s Super Hydropower Dam and Fears of Sino-Indian Water Wars.

Edited by: B/B
Reason: Clean up link.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #2862 on: March 28, 2024, 06:09:48 AM »
Texan77, you are being misled by a misunderstanding of large numbers. Don't worry, it isn't just your fault. The writer of the content in the link you shared are complicit in misleading you. In the article, the writers refer to an amount of about 7 million barrels of oil in a month from the USA. That's a lot, isn't it?

And yes, in relation to how much petrol you dump into your chosen gas guzzler, it is.

But when you know that, for example, in 2022, India was importing 4.7 million barrels of oil PER DAY! Then you get a sense of the reality of the claims made in the article. To help you understand what that means: The deal done represents just over half of one day of Indian oil imports.

However, the article makes one rational and fact-based point. One reason for engaging in purchasing from the USA is to diversify supply. That makes perfect sense, and any rational buyer of a commodity at scale should be doing just that.

...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Online Texan77

« Reply #2863 on: March 29, 2024, 03:43:11 PM »

Manny you never see the real problem. India and China do not get along. Russia is getting closer to China and India does not like it. India is now reevaluation what is important to them. Russia is no longer a strong alliance against Chinese aggression and the USA is. Your article is out dated. I understand Russia is trying to export to Brazil and not there is some ships of the coast of Brazil that are not offloading for reasons I do not know.
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Online Texan77

« Reply #2864 on: March 30, 2024, 06:42:01 AM »
The trouble now is Russia cannot live with the migrants and cannot live without them. There is a huge labor short in Russia made worse by the war so what happens if these people have to leave Russia. If they do not what happens after the next terrorist attack? It does not appear many Russians are blaming Ukraine. 

Below copied from article with link at bottom of page.

Migrants from the former Soviet Union’s Central Asian states — Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, Turkmenistan and Kazakhstan — have traditionally been a valuable source of cheap labour in Russia.

Generally, they’ve occupied the jobs that many Russians feel are beneath them, such as taxi drivers, truck drivers or supermarket workers. The money they send back in the form of remittances has been an important driver of growth in their home countries.

But many now feel under threat. A well-respected lawyer and migrant activist, Valentina Chupik, told CNN that calls from migrants in Russia asking for legal assistance had skyrocketed from 150 per day before the attack to over 6,000 in total as of Saturday, and that “those numbers are changing with every passing minute.”

Meanwhile Russian channel, with 200,000 followers, suggested there was no space for anyone to feel sorry for migrants in Russia. “It is important not to forget that they are not victims at all, but the real executioners and murderers of good Russian people,”

“The police are trying to pretend that they are actively fighting ethnic crime and preventing terrorist attacks. Actually, they’re robbing migrants. I have dozens of complaints about migrants being stopped by police, and (the police) have stolen whatever they liked,”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/central-asian-migrants-face-xenophobic-backlash-in-russia-after-moscow-terror-attack/ar-BB1kMvOe?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=ASTS&cvid=1d56de57332c47b898de2bdb71489b25&ei=23

Online Texan77

Registration