The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Russian Losses  (Read 89382 times)

Offline WestCoast

Re: Russian Losses
« Reply #975 on: May 24, 2022, 11:25:15 AM »
Putin has lost another general. Retired Russian Air Force Major General Banamat Botashev, 63, has become the 13th general to die in Ukrainian territory since Russia invaded.

Why are so many Russian generals on the front lines of the war? How does Ukraine know where so many generals are? Are Russian military communications so insecure that the Ukrainians can monitor them to find the locations of high ranking officers?

https://ca.yahoo.com/news/another-russian-general-reported-dead-163418613.html
andrewfi says ''Proximity is almost no guarantee of authority" and "in many cases, distance gives a better picture with less emotional and subjective input."

That means I'm a subject matter expert on all things Russia, Ukraine and UK.

Offline WestCoast

« Reply #976 on: May 24, 2022, 11:33:12 AM »
Henry Kissinger said Ukraine must be prepared to give up territory to Russia in peace talks. Kissinger's comments imply that Ukraine should accept a peace deal to restore the situation on February 24, where Russia formally controlled the Crimea peninsula and informally controlled part of the Donetsk region in east Ukraine.

Ukrainian officials have angrily opposed the idea that they should give up any territory.

https://ca.yahoo.com/news/kissinger-says-ukraine-must-land-102354463.html
andrewfi says ''Proximity is almost no guarantee of authority" and "in many cases, distance gives a better picture with less emotional and subjective input."

Offline Jonas!

• Spouses Country: Colombia
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #977 on: May 24, 2022, 11:56:48 AM »
Henry Kissinger said Ukraine must be prepared to give up territory to Russia in peace talks. Kissinger's comments imply that Ukraine should accept a peace deal to restore the situation on February 24, where Russia formally controlled the Crimea peninsula and informally controlled part of the Donetsk region in east Ukraine.

Ukrainian officials have angrily opposed the idea that they should give up any territory.

My own opinion is that it may now be too little too late.  I'd suspect Putin is going to now demand much more than what people are going to be willing to give up.  Any deal with Ukraine is mostly intact will not be ok with Russia is what I think.   

Jonas! 

Offline AJ

« Reply #978 on: May 24, 2022, 12:17:26 PM »
Yes yes Wiz, destroying biolabs aimed predominantly at ag production yields helps russia once they have taken and held ukraine,immensely.

You have so much resentment for anything American it clouds your ability to ingest anything but russian propaganda,or greek propagandist ,which is essentially the same..
 :laugh:

Pray tell if Ukraine had MILITARY
centered  bio warfare labs why on earth would they not use such when facing certain doom by your estimates?

Is a weapon useful to develope  if  even on a countries deaths door they fail to deploy it?

So either it doesn't exist,and there is still zero proof of such

Or it existed and noone wanted to use it,or even declare the potential.use of it in defense,  for reasons beyond any common sense in developing it.

Offline WestCoast

« Reply #979 on: May 24, 2022, 12:27:40 PM »

My own opinion is that it may now be too little too late.  I'd suspect Putin is going to now demand much more than what people are going to be willing to give up.  Any deal with Ukraine is mostly intact will not be ok with Russia is what I think.   

Jonas!

I tend to agree. If what some western media report that there's tension in the Kremlin over his leadership then he's going to need more than merely a slight expansion of Russia's occupation of the Donbas.

IMO at a minimum Putin will demand a land bridge from Russia to the Moldova border. This gives Russia easy access to Moldova and eventually invading and conquering it. The land bridge also cuts Ukraine off from the sea and gives all claims to the Black Sea to Russia plus of course all the ports cities of Ukraine to Russia.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #980 on: May 24, 2022, 12:42:38 PM »
Ukraine will be united soon with RF and the two countries will have control of their biggest wheat crop between them in the whole world!.

So it is obvious that the Putin plan is slowly taking place and soon the whole country and will have no big expenses to pay for repairs of housing etc.

Besides the fact that Ukraine is NOT going to be united with Russia indicates that you have no morals, are delusional, and do not understand the Ukraine people.

I would note that Russia has not captured any of Chernozem farmlands of Ukraine, though they have fully destroyed two ports, countless housing units, and one of the most important steel industries of Eastern Europe. Again regarding the cereal production it only points to your ignorance of things Ukraine.

BRAVO V. Putin.  :party0031:  Way to go.

NB: If you combined Ukraine and Russia cereal production they might reach fourth place. China, India and the United States producing far more than the above combination.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline AJ

« Reply #981 on: May 24, 2022, 12:52:24 PM »

Jonas!

I tend to agree. If what some western media report that there's tension in the Kremlin over his leadership then he's going to need more than merely a slight expansion of Russia's occupation of the Donbas.

IMO at a minimum Putin will demand a land bridge from Russia to the Moldova border. This gives Russia easy access to Moldova and eventually invading and conquering it. The land bridge also cuts Ukraine off from the sea and gives all claims to the Black Sea to Russia plus of course all the ports cities of Ukraine to Russia.

Russian Land bridge to Moldova is not going to happen in this decade.

They will have to settle for donbas, at best.

Offline WestCoast

« Reply #982 on: May 24, 2022, 01:12:19 PM »

Jonas!

This might happen. Maybe Russia will have to settle for the Donbas. Of course there's always next time. Whether it's Putin or some other Russian president I doubt the war in Ukraine would be truly over even if a peace treaty is signed this year.

There's too much to gain for Russia to give up on trying to take over Ukraine. Perhaps if Russia can't take Ukraine, Russia will turn its attention to Moldova and try to take it. If Russia has Moldova under its control it would give Russia another front to attack Ukraine from.

Offline Jonas!

• Spouses Country: Colombia
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #983 on: May 24, 2022, 01:52:27 PM »

This might happen. Maybe Russia will have to settle for the Donbas. Of course there's always next time. Whether it's Putin or some other Russian president I doubt the war in Ukraine would be truly over even if a peace treaty is signed this year.

There's too much to gain for Russia to give up on trying to take over Ukraine. Perhaps if Russia can't take Ukraine, Russia will turn its attention to Moldova and try to take it. If Russia has Moldova under its control it would give Russia another front to attack Ukraine from.

I don't suppose there will be a next time.  It's do or die for Russia right now.   My hunch is whatever they get is all they are going to get for the foreseeable future.  I think they realize that so they aren't going to be going for a nibble.  Now that so much has happened they will be going for a very large bite.   

After this war ends, I'd suspect NATO countries will be rebuilding Ukraine in every way, so whatever Russia leaves behind is against them going forward.  Since they know this, they aren't going to leave much. 

A problem for the West is we are about to hit a very rough economic skid.  I can see shortages cropping up bad.  Although not reflected in the numbers yet, I'm concerned that unemployment numbers are about to start going higher.  If this happens what will happen to all the poor illegal aliens that came here for employment and a better life!  ;D  We may need that 100 billion dollar surplus here in California, to pay for 2022 and 2023.   

An economic downturn in my opinion will be the result of what we did before, and our reaction to Ukraine.   Gas and food prices way up, and Russia controls a lot of these things.   Their ruble went to 54-1 earlier today. 

Jonas! 

Offline dorbradavid

• Professor and Sailor
  • Spouses Country: United States
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #984 on: May 24, 2022, 02:59:20 PM »
Perhaps of interest - US/Western weapons not working as advertised

Dobra David

Offline yankee

« Reply #985 on: May 24, 2022, 03:36:03 PM »

+1
What is worse than not being able to get what you don't even want?

Offline WestCoast

« Reply #986 on: May 24, 2022, 04:39:01 PM »

Stinger weapon systems might not work on fast moving low flying fighter jets but they'll still work on helicopters and of course anything in the air that isn't low flying and fast. A fighter jet loitering at 5K feet would be a perfect target.

Why is the US sending Stingers to Ukraine? The Stingers are reaching the end of their service life and have little use for the US military. Might as well sell/give them to some nation that can use them.

As for the problems with the batteries? I've worked on cars from the 50s and earlier with leaking batteries. It wasn't difficult to clean the cars up and install a modern battery.   

Offline Texan77

« Reply #987 on: May 24, 2022, 05:13:05 PM »

Predicting the outcome of the war is very difficult. One side or the other could make a mistake and everything could be very different in just a few days. Right now, you look right.
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Offline Texan77

« Reply #988 on: May 24, 2022, 06:07:33 PM »
The Washington-based think tank Institute for the Study of War said that up to 485 of the 550 soldiers of the 74th Separate Guards Motor Rifle Brigade who tried to cross the river were killed or wounded.

The General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine (AFU) said on May 24 that Russia had lost about 29,350 troops between February 24 and May 24.

It added that Russia had also lost 1,302 tanks, 3,194 armored fighting vehicles, 606 artillery systems, 201 multiple launch rocket systems, 93 anti-aircraft systems, 205 aircraft, 170 helicopters, 2,213 motor vehicles and fuel tankers, 13 vessels, 480 unmanned aerial vehicles, 43 units of special equipment and 112 cruise missiles over the same period.
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Online B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #989 on: May 24, 2022, 06:48:38 PM »
Henry Kissinger said Ukraine must be prepared to give up territory to Russia in peace talks.

Not sure Ukraine is in any mood to do that.   Russia would surely demand formal recognition of their illegal seizure of the Crimea.  Given how comparatively badly the Russian military has done against a much smaller, weaker opponent, why would Ukr not drag the war out and let pressure build on Russia?  They don't have a lot to lose, and will not want to reward Putin for his savagery.

Turns out that the Russian Army is definitely not working as advertised.  Are they in Kiev yet?  Asking for a friend...

B/B
Saving the World, One Clue at a Time
If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.

Offline Orchid

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: USA
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #990 on: May 24, 2022, 08:03:16 PM »
Are they in Kiev yet?

B/B

You cannot see the forest behind the trees.
Kiev itself is not a target.
We all know the example from history when Napoleon got Moscow and lost Russia.
Putin will have the entire Ukraine and enjoy the agony in “independent” Kiev.

Offline Lon

• Spouses Country: Russia
Russian Losses Kiev was the target
« Reply #991 on: May 24, 2022, 10:05:57 PM »

Kiev was one of the original targets.  not even the Russian military sacrifice elite paratrooper units in a feint.

Online Wiz

« Reply #992 on: May 24, 2022, 10:52:22 PM »
Are they in Kiev yet?

B/B

You cannot see the forest behind the trees.
We all know the example from history when Napoleon got Moscow and lost Russia.
Putin will have the entire Ukraine and enjoy the agony in “independent” Kiev.

Yes yes Wiz, destroying biolabs aimed predominantly at ag production yields helps russia once they have taken and held ukraine,immensely.

You have so much resentment for anything American it clouds your ability to ingest anything but russian propaganda,or greek propagandist ,which is essentially the same..
 :laugh:

AJ with due respect to the years we know eachother... can you please explaine to me, why the USA gas been financing (Whuhan) Biolabs outside USA and not in your country, via Mr Faoutsi???

Did you read Billy's post who finally confirmed the involment of USA to the ""China "" covid 19 Virus?

Shall we talk about the Biolabs in west Africa Nations, EBOLA, HIV and other many STI's uses to make billions to your Pharma..etc? For your info I use to know an old employee of a USA pharma etc....and she told me a lot about funny things .......

Pray tell if Ukraine had MILITARY
centered  bio warfare labs why on earth would they not use such when facing certain doom by your estimates?

Is a weapon useful to develope  if  even on a countries deaths door they fail to deploy it?

So either it doesn't exist,and there is still zero proof of such

Or it existed and noone wanted to use it,or even declare the potential.use of it in defense,  for reasons beyond any common sense in developing it.

The American's knew nothing about the day Russia will attack Ukraine... till Putin at 4 AM made his speech on TV, while his army was moving in....and at te same time Russia paralysed the main airports near Kiev and other main cities!

At the same time did you notice the precision bombing taking place mostly from Crimea.....destroying a lot of Buldings....... around Lvov etc

Yelensky had not planes taking part in the fight and he has been travelling in Helicopters.

Do you remember the precise bombing of the building next to Lvov airport and what about the continous fight for the Snake Island?

PS: Don't jump the gun Russia need to keep Odessa port intact for future use and has no need for Moldova . Happey to open the corridor to Transistria....... and have patience to see the whole story ... I am sure the Ruassians will give you a visa to see your MIL!

B/B

Listen to a local woman.... knows more than you and me about teh place!
Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Online Wiz

« Reply #993 on: May 25, 2022, 02:05:02 AM »
Ukraine will be united soon with RF and the two countries will have control of their biggest wheat crop between them in the whole world!.

So it is obvious that the Putin plan is slowly taking place and soon the whole country and will have no big expenses to pay for repairs of housing etc.

Besides the fact that Ukraine is NOT going to be united with Russia indicates that you have no morals, are delusional, and do not understand the Ukraine people.

I would note that Russia has not captured any of Chernozem farmlands of Ukraine, though they have fully destroyed two ports, countless housing units, and one of the most important steel industries of Eastern Europe. Again regarding the cereal production it only points to your ignorance of things Ukraine.

BRAVO V. Putin.  :party0031:  Way to go.

NB: If you combined Ukraine and Russia cereal production they might reach fourth place. China, India and the United States producing far more than the above combination.

Is it your new line, from Haifa, to spead lies and direct attention to people on other matters to cover your tribes participation in the robing of the Ukrainaine, destroying its normal progression as an independent state, starting during the first years of Hitlen chasing your out of Germany and you tribe decided to make Crimea it's New Promised land?

Pity that Staling knew too much about your tribe and he decided to send you all down at the Oblast of Birobidzhan,    Birobidzhan jewish autonomous oblast Birobidzhan is a town and the administrative center of the Jewish Autonomous Oblast, in Russia, located on the Trans-Siberian Railway, near the China–Russia border. As of the 2010 Census, its population is 75,413, and its official language is Yiddish. (Wikipedia)

I must admit that Staling knew your tribe better than anybody else and that is why he send your tribe to siberia.

I find your comments not just rude but also amazingly dishonent coming from a member of the most hated tribe in the world who managed to have so much influence on the corrupt governments of the USA empire and they are robbing  that nation in everyway you can.

As about your accusation, Firstly I would suggest you look at your board profile where everybody can clearly see your dishonenst personality. You claimed you were born in Holland, you display the Dutch flag but you live in the USA and makes me wonder why? ... that is not behaviour of an honest person but pretty obvious of a disshonest person who have not an 1 gram respect for his person and the hosting country he lives, which is the opposite of my actions...

Look My avatar, a real photo of me, backround plave of birth glag the british.....in respect to the place I live.

Do you think my actions are dishonest .... in comparison with Yours?

On the other hand why Am I delusional when I try to guess the correct direction of the latest episode in the Ukrainian affair, where you the Zionists helped to destroy the previous normal democratic elected government and started the Orange Revolution in 2004-5 according to Victoria Nulan, a Jew who admited that the USA spend $ 5 billion.....together with G. Payat!
Later in 2014 it was your tribe againn fighting against the legallaly Democratic electic and got rid of Viktor Yanukovych Government.

The current JEW president Yelensky refuses to honour his signature.

Can you tell us where those 20 free snippers were trained for over 6 months and started killing people from both sides in Maidan square and made Viktor Yanukovych to run for his life?

I guess you will clain you don't know as you did not know who was helping SHAKKASVILLI in Georgia to run their Colour revolussion........too!

Well in both cases Putin was clever and stick it up yours.......soon you will find out about Ukraine too!

PS Dollar = 54 Rubbles today........just heard in the British radio of LBC.
Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #994 on: May 25, 2022, 11:33:06 AM »
Henry Kissinger said Ukraine must be prepared to give up territory to Russia in peace talks.

Not sure Ukraine is in any mood to do that.   Russia would surely demand formal recognition of their illegal seizure of the Crimea.  Given how comparatively badly the Russian military has done against a much smaller, weaker opponent, why would Ukr not drag the war out and let pressure build on Russia?  They don't have a lot to lose, and will not want to reward Putin for his savagery.

Turns out that the Russian Army is definitely not working as advertised.  Are they in Kiev yet?  Asking for a friend...

B/B

Russian military has done against a much smaller, weaker opponent. Russia is up against the whole of the EU .. Nato and the US in Proxy haven't the US already sent more money worth of arms in than the total Russian military budget.. And of course they got the crown from the Eurovision also so that helps..lol

I wonder how well the Isle of Wight in the UK would do against China if the same scenario was working out there.. :laugh:
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Online AvHdB

« Reply #995 on: May 25, 2022, 12:00:27 PM »

B/B

Russian military has done against a much smaller, weaker opponent. Russia is up against the whole of the EU .. Nato and the US in Proxy haven't the US already sent more money worth of arms in than the total Russian military budget.. And of course they got the crown from the Eurovision also so that helps..lol

I wonder how well the Isle of Wight in the UK would do against China if the same scenario was working out there.. :laugh:

The Isle of Wight is part and parcel of the UK. I doubt China would even contemplate such an action.

On the other side Ukraine was/is a sovereign nation that Russia signed, to be specific V. Putin, and guaranteed to respect there borders. Guess the Budapest agreement is Kremlin toilet paper. It does say something about the personal integrity V. Putin.

Looking at the reality on the war field Russia has not been able to capture Kharkov or Kiev. How many troops and military equipment were lost? And this was before weapons were arriving from NATO. I have read there are already resistance actions behind the lines in areas that Russia has captured.

But I find it amusing that you admit with out committing any ground forces to Ukraine by NATO, Russia de facto is not doing well in there adventure in Ukraine. The much vaunted Russian military is in fact a bunch of seemingly incompetent pussy whipped kids.

The Russian military budget is not very transparent but estimates place it between 48 and 90 billion. As I recall only 24 billion in the 2nd and most recent tranche was for direct military aid. Also until now The United States and NATO have generally been sending older equipment to Ukraine.

Online Wiz

« Reply #996 on: May 25, 2022, 02:52:42 PM »
For the attention of AJ

More f bad news for you...I don't think you will like this order signed by president Puti....and publishe in Kershon ...

I not think you will like it abit!

Putin signed an order for people living in Khesron, Nicolaev  Zaporoje, etc if they wish to take the Russian nationality then will also be entlite to Russia benfits,pension, free health etc......

It appears that 70 % Kherson people want to apply.......

I hope you can translate this evidence...... and here is your daily report from Uraine.

Offline WestCoast

« Reply #997 on: May 25, 2022, 04:04:23 PM »
For the attention of AJ

More f bad news for you...I don't think you will like this order signed by president Puti....and publishe in Kershon ...

I not think you will like it abit!

Putin signed an order for people living in Khesron, Nicolaev  Zaporoje, etc if they wish to take the Russian nationality then will also be entlite to Russia benfits,pension, free health etc......

It appears that 70 % Kherson people want to apply.......

(Attachment Link)

I hope you can translate this evidence...... and here is your daily report from Uraine.

Wiz when you fled the military junta, why did you go to the UK? According to you signature line "Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire ? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!" you have no love for the British so why not flee to a country you at least liked?

Offline Lon

Russian Losses actually not all of NATO
« Reply #998 on: May 25, 2022, 05:31:25 PM »

[/b]. Russia is up against the whole of the EU .. Nato and the US in Proxy haven't the US already sent more money worth of arms in than the total Russian military budget.. And of course they got the crown from the Eurovision also so that helps..lol

uh...no.  Russia is not fighting NATO or the US.  nobody wants that to happen, most especially Russia (or maybe you do).  the Russian military is just fighting a very motivated and better led Ukrainian military.

the Russian military budget was $88b in 2015 (3.85%gdp) trending down to $65b in 2019 (3.88%gdp).  how much military value has been sent to Ukraine?  of course, you can not compare Russian moneys to NATO moneys.  isn't Russian money more valuable than NATO money, on the order of 10-1  :biggrin:

as for the arms, all the nations have been sending/selling/lending/leasing to their rivals enemies, including Russia.  try not to whine too much, you will be just laughed at.

Online AvHdB

« Reply #999 on: May 25, 2022, 05:34:36 PM »
[/center]

Wiz, while I recognize that English is not your first language. Perhaps you should get a refund from your English teachers, or were the English lessons only horizontal? The video is in English.

From Western facing reports the battle is not over. It could be decisive and both armies engage in different tactics to gain the upper hand.

Let’s revisit it in a couple days?