The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Dating FSU Slavic Eastern European women in your home city/country 101+  (Read 1206 times)

Offline matador22

• Trips: 1-5
So this is really a post to start a discussion for guys like myself.  I happen to live and work in the New York City metro area.  It was here in my city that I first started to date women from the FSU , Russia , Hungary, Georgia , Romania , Poland, Serbia , etc.   some came here as school children with their families. Some came as college students. And some came the RUA way-by Marrying an American citizen and moving to his country. 

I guess I just wanted a place to discuss cultural issues and dating challenges with women in this particular group. I know it’s a huge generalization to lump them all together even through their respective countries all have unique characteristics. But what I did notice amongst all were a few common traits :

1) a feminine mystique unlike their all American women peers. Modern but not overly feminist. They struck the perfect balance
2) very family oriented. Close with their relatives.
3) marriage was very and monogamy was very much a priority for them.
4) fashionable in a way that many modern women don’t bother with. We are talking good shoes (heels) and hair makeup done to impress. Especially on a first date where it’s common for many women to come in their Sunday sweatpants practically. (The man of course still pays for the date).

Anyway any tips or advice is appreciated.  As for me my last relationship was with a woman from Soviet Georgia. She was let’s just say a bit dramatic for me. Ha. And maybe it was a cultural thing but lots of high low mood swings. Some emotional manipulation and attention seeking behavior. But she had a great generous heart. She was a tough one to get over. 

Best of luck in your search !

Online 2tallbill

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 10-20
Dating FSU Slavic Eastern European women in your home city/country 101+
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2022, 08:04:09 AM »
I guess I just wanted a place to discuss cultural issues and dating challenges with women in
this particular group. !

I dated a number of local FSUW, they weren't much different than their sisters in the FSU.
In the end it didn't work out with any of them. They were definitely different from Western
women. 

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline matador22

Re: Dating FSU Slavic Eastern European women in your home city/country 101+
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2022, 08:20:52 AM »
I guess I just wanted a place to discuss cultural issues and dating challenges with women in
this particular group. !

I dated a number of local FSUW, they weren't much different than their sisters in the FSU.
In the end it didn't work out with any of them. They were definitely different from Western
women.

Well this helps somewhat.  Ha thanks for the feedback. Nyc has a seemingly endless number of Eastern European women. I’m grateful for that. Saves me a trip to Moscow. Haha

Offline NS1

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2022, 04:13:33 PM »
When dating local and as get a bit older,
I would want to know quickly a bit of thier back story.
Gives you context as to who they are and how they got where they are now.

With FSU women or for that matter anyone from a different country
I would want to know that quicker. Here is why, 2 examples.

#1: girls gets to to USA via man, leaves him, but does it to quick,
so going to get kicked back to Russia. She gets online, meets Canadian man.
Gets to Canada, leaves him, shes bright, can stay because she goes to school
Did that got work visa, managed to stay, work visa getting close to end.
she finds man gets married. Finnaly gets permanent residence.
Gets divorced, does rest of her time, now soon to be Canadian Citizenship.
SO used 3 mens, the system to get where she needed to be, next guy will likely be one she wants LOL.

#2: much quicker, here on visitor visa, wants to stay, finds man, get married, takes 2 years to get permanent
residence, day after finalized leaves him, goes to Government, he is now on the hook for 3 years of her wellfare payments
Canadian system.

We hear these stories from FSU, being used to get somewhere, well you can be used to stay as well.
Not just FSU, anyone form any country. Beware, do your homework and quick.
There is nothing permanent except change.

Offline matador22

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2022, 10:16:20 PM »
When dating local and as get a bit older,
I would want to know quickly a bit of thier back story.
Gives you context as to who they are and how they got where they are now.

With FSU women or for that matter anyone from a different country
I would want to know that quicker. Here is why, 2 examples.

#1: girls gets to to USA via man, leaves him, but does it to quick,
so going to get kicked back to Russia. She gets online, meets Canadian man.
Gets to Canada, leaves him, shes bright, can stay because she goes to school
Did that got work visa, managed to stay, work visa getting close to end.
she finds man gets married. Finnaly gets permanent residence.
Gets divorced, does rest of her time, now soon to be Canadian Citizenship.
SO used 3 mens, the system to get where she needed to be, next guy will likely be one she wants LOL.

#2: much quicker, here on visitor visa, wants to stay, finds man, get married, takes 2 years to get permanent
residence, day after finalized leaves him, goes to Government, he is now on the hook for 3 years of her wellfare payments
Canadian system.

We hear these stories from FSU, being used to get somewhere, well you can be used to stay as well.
Not just FSU, anyone form any country. Beware, do your homework and quick.

Good advice. But most of the women I meet at this age (the women are 30-39) they’re usually pretty well established. If they did have a divorce or questionable marriage for a visa that’s way in their past now.  I do notice however that after several years in America (say like 10 at least) they do start to become more Americanized in small ways.  It’s inevitable I suppose. Ha. Even if I were to marry a woman in Russia and then she comes to America she also will adapt and change.

Offline alex1010

• Trips: None Yet
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2022, 03:17:08 PM »
How are you meeting so many slavic women? I live in the Toronto area which has a large russian/FSU population and I haven't met a single one. Are you using dating apps? I am using tinder, bumble, hinge, plenty of fish and there are no slavic women. Or maybe they just won't match with me for some reason, although I get a decent number of matches with regular canadian women.

Online 2tallbill

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2022, 06:04:23 PM »
How are you meeting so many slavic women? I live in the Toronto area which has a large russian/FSU population and I haven't met a single one. Are you using dating apps? I am using tinder, bumble, hinge, plenty of fish and there are no slavic women. Or maybe they just won't match with me for some reason, although I get a decent number of matches with regular canadian women.

https://www.meetup.com/Toronto-Russian-Women/

https://www.meetup.com/Russian-Language-and-Culture-Exchange/

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up

Offline alex1010

• Trips: None Yet
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2022, 07:00:36 AM »
This is clearly a group for russian women to meet each other. Do you really think they would be receptive to some random guy showing up and trying to hit on them?

I have been to many meetups in the past (not this specific one) and they are almost always heavily male dominated, and the odd woman who might be there is usually the wife/girlfriend of one of the guys. I am a member of several groups on meetup.com and it's not bad for finding people with like minded hobbies but it doesn't work for romance, nor is it intended for that.

Offline matador22

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2022, 01:24:22 AM »

I have a good friend in Toronto and I have visited once a year going back to 2016. My last trip was in February 2020 right before the pandemic lockdowns.  Nyc just has a way bigger critical mass for dating apps. I don't have statistics in front of me but my Canadian friend who also lived in nyc for years before moving back to home to Canada said the density of young attractive singles was off the charts in NYC. Now add to that the most diverse city in all of America maybe all of North America. Add to that also lots of money. It just attracts everyone from everywhere and there's always new arrivals. Now for me I mainly meet women in their 30s.  And even in that range there a large numbers.

As for Russians and fsu women. I'm an American born citizen.  But my parents are immigrants from India. For some reason I have noticed tons of fsu women date Indian/south Asian men in nyc. It's like a weird trend. My Russian friends said Indian Bollywood movies were big in Russia in the 1970s-1990s. Also another friend said that Russians relate to the immigrant experience of Indians. Mind you we are talking professionals here. Indian men working in IT Medicine finance consulting. Etc. for whatever reason there's some attraction. This Indian American doctor I met said Russian women love men into math science chess etc.  that's a strength in my ethnic community no doubts.   A polish woman also told me About opposites attracting. Nyc has lots of interracial and interfaith dating.  My blonde German friend said she found middle eastern Indian men to be the most attractive. Compared to blond blue eyed Swedish men.

My Caucasian American friends are baffled. They don't understand why I constantly match with Russian fsu women on the apps but at this point I'm just going with it. It's almost one a week.

Anyway if were you I would just date normal Canadian women. They're super nice and down to earth compared to many Americans I have found. But once again that's a generalization.   Best bet is keep swiping. You're bound to connect with them eventually. Also optimize your profile. Good pics. Interesting hobbies. Etc. unfortunately in USA cities your dating profile is everything now.

Offline matador22

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2022, 01:30:38 AM »
This is clearly a group for russian women to meet each other. Do you really think they would be receptive to some random guy showing up and trying to hit on them?

I have been to many meetups in the past (not this specific one) and they are almost always heavily male dominated, and the odd woman who might be there is usually the wife/girlfriend of one of the guys. I am a member of several groups on meetup.com and it's not bad for finding people with like minded hobbies but it doesn't work for romance, nor is it intended for that.

Why not go to a Russian night club? Nyc has many clubs and bars frequented by tons of Russians. That’s always a good opportunity to at least socialize.

Online 2tallbill

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2022, 09:15:58 AM »

There is no supply demand imbalance in the USA. That's why men go to the FSU.
In the FSU once a woman reaches a certain age, her prospects for marriage and
a family go down to nearly zero.

You can find Russian women in the USA but you have to have superior social
skills to beat out the competition. My social skills are on par with anyone and
I have dated many Russian women in the USA.

The best way to find a good FSUW is to go to the source.

I was in Western North Dakota during the oil boom. There were toothless
crones who had a gaggle of men surrounding them. The supply/demand
favored the women. In Western North Dakota a hot unmarried, heterosexual
woman is a mermaid, riding on a Pegasus, frolicking with faeries, leprechauns
and gnomes. Something so rare that we didn't even look for them. 

If you are seeking a 38 year old woman in Russia, Moldova or Belarus then
"YOU" are the valuable rare commodity. There is an unlimited supply
of women who desire marriage and there is an extremely limited supply of
men who would even remotely consider marrying them. If they have a child
then you will have unicorn status.

Go to the source, be the unicorn!

Udachi!

Bill 

Offline matador22

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2022, 02:44:13 PM »

There is no supply demand imbalance in the USA. That's why men go to the FSU.
In the FSU once a woman reaches a certain age, her prospects for marriage and
a family go down to nearly zero.

You can find Russian women in the USA but you have to have superior social
skills to beat out the competition. My social skills are on par with anyone and
I have dated many Russian women in the USA.

The best way to find a good FSUW is to go to the source.

I was in Western North Dakota during the oil boom. There were toothless
crones who had a gaggle of men surrounding them. The supply/demand
favored the women. In Western North Dakota a hot unmarried, heterosexual
woman is a mermaid, riding on a Pegasus, frolicking with faeries, leprechauns
and gnomes. Something so rare that we didn't even look for them. 

If you are seeking a 38 year old woman in Russia, Moldova or Belarus then
"YOU" are the valuable rare commodity. There is an unlimited supply
of women who desire marriage and there is an extremely limited supply of
men who would even remotely consider marrying them. If they have a child
then you will have unicorn status.

Go to the source, be the unicorn!

Udachi!

Bill

But Bill what about everything Andrewfi said about moving to another country to find a spouse? What about what he said about a woman willing to leave her home country with a foreign man? Didn’t he say all of this is not good and destined to fail? I’m confused. Who is right here ? You or Andrew? Because of what you said is why I went to Russia in the first place 11 years ago. And that supply demand imbalance does make the women more agreeable than their western counterparts. 

Online 2tallbill

There is usually more than one way to accomplish something
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2022, 10:36:12 AM »

But Bill what about everything Andrewfi said about moving to another country to find a spouse? What about what he said about a woman willing to leave her home country with a foreign man? Didn’t he say all of this is not good and destined to fail? I’m confused. Who is right here ? You or Andrew? Because of what you said is why I went to Russia in the first place 11 years ago. And that supply demand imbalance does make the women more agreeable than their western counterparts.

First of all, I haven't studied Andrews responses so I don't want to incorrectly
characterize them. What you are presenting is called a false dilemma showing
only two options when in fact more possibilities exist. I can probably present
options where both Andrew and I are both correct.

Andrew has moved to and worked in other countries and I would consider him an
excellent source of advice if I was considering that. I never considered that because
my work is not well suited for doing that and I don't want to live in the FSU as a
pauper. I have to do a lot of face to face, site visits and until Covid, I didn't do much
of it remotely.

I never moved to another country but I did marry a Russian woman. So I managed
to marry a woman without moving to her country. I did have to make several visits.

My Angel Eyes was never a member of a marriage agency and she never considered
moving abroad. I found her using Russian social media and convinced her to meet me
for tea. Once I met her, I pursued her extensively and visited her 4 times in one year
in Russia. She visited me twice, and I married her during her last visit to see me.

I am very decisive. I strongly believe that an indecisive man will struggle mightily
finding, pursuing and marrying a Russian woman.

I can outline methods on how to go to Russia and find a high quality, high character
woman who would be an excellent candidate for marriage. What I can't do is to get
you to leave your computer and do it. There is a lot of inertia to every phase of doing
this. You will have to be a self starter and decision maker and move things along every
step of the way.

Russian women want/need/desire a man of action. You will need to be a man of
action to get a Russian girl.

Udachi!

Bill

Offline matador22

Re: There is usually more than one way to accomplish something
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2022, 11:29:45 AM »

First of all, I haven't studied Andrews responses so I don't want to incorrectly
characterize them. What you are presenting is called a false dilemma showing
only two options when in fact more possibilities exist. I can probably present
options where both Andrew and I are both correct.

Andrew has moved to and worked in other countries and I would consider him an
excellent source of advice if I was considering that. I never considered that because
my work is not well suited for doing that and I don't want to live in the FSU as a
pauper. I have to do a lot of face to face, site visits and until Covid, I didn't do much
of it remotely.

I never moved to another country but I did marry a Russian woman. So I managed
to marry a woman without moving to her country. I did have to make several visits.

My Angel Eyes was never a member of a marriage agency and she never considered
moving abroad. I found her using Russian social media and convinced her to meet me
for tea. Once I met her, I pursued her extensively and visited her 4 times in one year
in Russia. She visited me twice, and I married her during her last visit to see me.

I am very decisive. I strongly believe that an indecisive man will struggle mightily
finding, pursuing and marrying a Russian woman.

I can outline methods on how to go to Russia and find a high quality, high character
woman who would be an excellent candidate for marriage. What I can't do is to get
you to leave your computer and do it. There is a lot of inertia to every phase of doing
this. You will have to be a self starter and decision maker and move things along every
step of the way.

Russian women want/need/desire a man of action. You will need to be a man of
action to get a Russian girl.

Udachi!

Bill

Well said bill. Congratulations on finding your partner. And yes you’re right. With persistence discipline and determination it is possible WITHOUT having to move to Russia. It can happen.

Online 2tallbill

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2022, 11:33:04 AM »
Well said bill. Congratulations on finding your partner. And yes you’re right. With persistence discipline and determination it is possible WITHOUT having to move to Russia. It can happen.

Nearly every married man at the forum did it that way. I know only of a
few who actually moved to the FSU to accomplish this.

Offline matador22

« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2022, 12:01:51 PM »

Nearly every married man at the forum did it that way. I know only of a
few who actually moved to the FSU to accomplish this.

Ok a few questions. I read all the recent threads 3 times. Ha. I went through the recent trip reports-Anything post 2015. Here goes :

1) I’m 45. I want to seek women preferrably 30-39.  I’m willing to go for 35-39 exclusively if that gives me the best odds. And yes im only seeking marriage and kids and for us to live in the nyc metro area.

2) Im not a white Caucasian guy. Im of Indian descent although born and raised in NJ in America. Basically I have been told I'm an “all American Indian dude”.  When I worked with Ed back in 2007-2010 he said it was a challenge but not insurmountable. Is that still the same? If you’re curious of what I look like I can PM anyone a pic of me. Or direct you to my Linked in. It’s public.

3) everyone is saying it’s now 10x harder or 100x harder and equally more expensive. Is it still worth doing ? I have no problem getting dates in NYC. Many with FSU women. However I feel the one thing I may be able to do better in the FSU is just attract a greater number of Slavic women. In nyc it’s obviously a melting pot of all ethnicities. Will the women in Russia be more attractive ? I believe so based on what I’m reading here and seeing on the dating sites. My question is will they make a better life partner in the long run or a better mother to my kids ? That’s really what it comes down to.

4) what was the average length of the trips ? When I went in 2011 to meet my lady in Moscow I spent like a week with her. I’m guessing multiple trips over 2-3 years ? And which cities ? Moscow , Minsk, St. Petersburg?  Obviously Kiev is out for a long time and honestly from everything i read in the forums I would want to avoid it entirely.

Thanks!   

Offline NS1

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2022, 01:23:59 PM »
You likely will be staying put for the forseable future
uncase you haven't noticed, the two countries you are considering are at war.
There is nothing permanent except change.

Offline matador22

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2022, 01:44:40 PM »
You likely will be staying put for the forseable future
uncase you haven't noticed, the two countries you are considering are at war.

Yeah I figured. Terrible what’s happening. And goes to show you.  Seize the day. I’m glad I at least went once to Russia back in 2011.  Tomorrow never knows !

Registration