The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Ted Lasso - What's That All About?  (Read 335 times)

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
Ted Lasso - What's That All About?
« on: February 16, 2022, 01:16:48 PM »
Damme, I'm stuck in a binge. Started watching Ted Lasso because of Hannah Waddingham.

There's a fine, fine woman. One of the most gorgeous women in the world - and she can sing.

But what a show! It's marvellous. I laugh, I cry and I'm watching every episode - even though it's about football.

Anyone else watched it?
What about Jason Sudeikis?
And Roy, the anger in there.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline matador22

• Trips: 1-5
Re: Ted Lasso - What's That All About?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2022, 07:51:24 PM »
Fantastic show.  As an American I knew nothing About true English football/soccer culture beyond just watching EPL and the World Cup . This show taught me a lot of it. It’s also very charming feel good show.  Lots of witty characters and dialogue. The music soundtrack is well curated. And it’s got potential for more seasons.  Loved it ! Good choice.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
Re: Ted Lasso - What's That All About?
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2022, 08:07:03 PM »
Yeah, it was a surprise to me. I genuinely started watching in order to catch a glimpse of the magnificent Hannah Waddingham - and she is magnificent in the show. I can imagine that she's playing herself.

But I was taken aback, enjoying the show as a whole. I knew absolutely nothing about the thing before starting - apart from the presence of the splendid Ms. Waddingham.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!