The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Why V. Putin is the best Geopolitician of our time  (Read 1832 times)

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Why V. Putin is the best Geopolitician of our time
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2022, 02:04:16 AM »
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

This bit has not aged well....

B/B

There was no "threat" I ever saw. The fact there is a military operation there now is different to the question of was there an explicit threat. We kept hearing from the US there was, but please link us to the threat beforehand?
Trip Reports: Links to my travels in Russia, Estonia, North Korea, South Korea, China and the US are >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Manny

« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2022, 02:05:59 AM »
I trust this guy way more than all the pseudo-expert opinions whom have posted on this forum and haven't been to Russia for years, or are economically exploiting women in Ukraine and thinking with their dick. And that also includes the outdated and hugely overrated opinion from anyone's significant other :) (:).

I missed this little gem. Now that is quote of the week material.
Trip Reports: Links to my travels in Russia, Estonia, North Korea, South Korea, China and the US are >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline NS1

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2022, 04:18:03 AM »
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

This bit has not aged well....

B/B

There was no "threat" I ever saw. The fact there is a military operation there now is different to the question of was there an explicit threat. We kept hearing from the US there was, but please link us to the threat beforehand?
You admitting you were wrong, you didn't see threat?
Imagine that.Maybe your wrong on 1 or 2 other things as well.
There is nothing permanent except change.

Offline Orchid

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: USA
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2022, 11:24:48 AM »
I am wondering if Putin himself realizes that he is a key geopolitical player at this time.
Europe will not be able to absorb the amount of refugees/slaves from the Ukraine.
Ukrainians think that the West will protect them. It’s a big mistake.
They are turning themselves into slavery.

On the other hand, Europe completely depends on Russian energy resources.
Russia continue all energy contracts at this time and sells the liquid gas for the skyrocketing price.
That’s how Europe finances the Russian side for this war. Nobody wants to talk about it.
Just wait until there is deficit of energy in EU. You will see MAD Europeans. They do not look pretty!!!

This situation is a chance for the USA to obtain a superpower at NO COST!!!
They will give Ukraine as much weapons as they want.
Fight, Ukrainians, fight!!!
Fight, Russians, fight!!!!
The superpower dream of American politicians is coming through……..

Offline NS1

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2022, 03:18:15 PM »
I am wondering if Putin himself realizes that he is a key geopolitical player at this time.
Europe will not be able to absorb the amount of refugees/slaves from the Ukraine.
Ukrainians think that the West will protect them. It’s a big mistake.
They are turning themselves into slavery.

On the other hand, Europe completely depends on Russian energy resources.
Russia continue all energy contracts at this time and sells the liquid gas for the skyrocketing price.
That’s how Europe finances the Russian side for this war. Nobody wants to talk about it.
Just wait until there is deficit of energy in EU. You will see MAD Europeans. They do not look pretty!!!

This situation is a chance for the USA to obtain a superpower at NO COST!!!
They will give Ukraine as much weapons as they want.
Fight, Ukrainians, fight!!!
Fight, Russians, fight!!!!
The superpower dream of American politicians is coming through……..
So your suggesting we stop supporting Ukraine
And let Putin do what he wants?
There is nothing permanent except change.

Offline Lord of the Dance

• Supporting Hero Member
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2022, 05:13:39 PM »
Well my opinion is that if Russia is going to accomplish its goal in Ukraine they're going to have to start ramping up their military actions because they haven't made too much progress thus far. Hopefully soon there will be a ceasefire to spare the loss of many lives.
"My soul cries out with a joyful shout that the God of my heart is great, and my spirit sings of the wondrous things that you bring to the ones who wait." - Canticle of the Turning

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2022, 05:31:04 PM »
Unfortunately Russia did not keep the two ceasefires they just had.

https://www.pravda.com.ua/news/2022/03/5/7328557/

https://www.pravda.com.ua/news/2022/03/5/7328503/

Its really difficult for you to cut through propaganda isn't it.

Think about it: Russians WANT the civilians to leave, that way they can put all their power into the attack, now they have to hold back
And : Ukraine does NOT want the civilians to leave, it will mean the cities surrender.

Now what happens if Ukraine does not stop shooting, then of course fire is returned.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline AJ

« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2022, 05:34:46 PM »
I trust this guy way more than all the pseudo-expert opinions whom have posted on this forum and haven't been to Russia for years, or are economically exploiting women in Ukraine and thinking with their dick. And that also includes the outdated and hugely overrated opinion from anyone's significant other :) (:).

I missed this little gem. Now that is quote of the week material.

Gem.

While I respect the man the vid references,and it was a good presentation, the quote comes off as  arrogant and dismissive of wives of your forums membership.
Mostly  intelligent women who whether from Russia or Ukraine  very posdibly have relatives both places ,and visit  both semi often with certainly more indepth knowledge than danchick has obtained despite his  more immeresed circumstances.

The other barb thrown at the men is tit for tat  here, I suppose childishly amusing if you really think most reasonsbly succesful men here think with thier little heads.

Granted we can all be guilty of that at times ,so that parts amusing in the slightly less serious time it was stated ,but given the context of the situation with members inlaws ,many whom are elderly  homes and lives in some degree of danger, it  falls pretty flat to me as a gem.

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2022, 05:42:23 PM »
Unfortunately Russia did not keep the two ceasefires they just had.

https://www.pravda.com.ua/news/2022/03/5/7328557/

https://www.pravda.com.ua/news/2022/03/5/7328503/

Its really difficult for you to cut through propaganda isn't it.

Think about it: Russians WANT the civilians to leave, that way they can put all their power into the attack, now they have to hold back
And : Ukraine does NOT want the civilians to leave, it will mean the cities surrender.

Now what happens if Ukraine does not stop shooting, then of course fire is returned.

The way I see it, you are the one who is pushing blatant propaganda. How about you let the reader to decide?

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2022, 05:46:36 PM »

The way I see it, you are the one who is pushing blatant propaganda. How about you let the reader to decide?
A very good idea.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2022, 05:48:54 PM »

A very good idea.

This will be easy: Russia is the country who said that they were not going to invade Ukraine, that it was only a drill.  :coffeeread:

Online Wiz

« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2022, 09:58:08 PM »

A very good idea.

This will be easy: Russia is the country who said that they were not going to invade Ukraine, that it was only a drill.  :coffeeread:

Poor Con Federate..... and Con trarian.... (Con) coincidence or true?) on my post earlier No; « Reply #5 on: 31 January 2022, 17:42:48 » I told you a few accurate things that I have seen and experienced in my life when I visited,Russia and before that Ukraine.

Reading the amound of posts you make I can safely guess that you are not moving around except when you have to go to thr toilet.

Pitty because if you had moved your back side and travelled you may had the chance to meet a nice woman to keep you warm and happy in the nights!

I don't know how old are you but take advice of the very well travelled 2Talbill and maybe your life style will change for the better. It is never too late......

Wish you luck and I hope you take notice. don't waste your life on the boards fighting wind mills, like thr trolls .... they are simply ugly creatures .... that hate everybody who they can't match!

:knit:           

Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Online 2tallbill

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2022, 03:03:09 PM »
2) If Donbass had been "invaded" it would by now be part of the RF.

Georgia, Syria & Moldova has been invaded, none of which is part of the RF.

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Registration