The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Spotify Chooses Joe Rogan  (Read 574 times)

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
Spotify Chooses Joe Rogan
« on: January 26, 2022, 06:08:12 PM »

Offline AJ

Re: Spotify Chooses Joe Rogan
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2022, 06:20:00 PM »
Rogan's a centrist.

Neil and his wife are wackos and he sold a ton of his material.
Now he wants to whine how it is used.
That's not how any of it works.

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2022, 07:01:40 PM »
Rogan's a centrist.

Neil and his wife are wackos and he sold a ton of his material.
Now he wants to whine how it is used.
That's not how any of it works.

Well I read that Spotify is taking his stuff down which will only hurt his pocketbook, what a dummy.

Offline B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2022, 10:40:45 PM »
Young has 6M listeners on Spotify each month.

Rogan has 200M.

It wasn't a difficult choice, particularly as Spotify would have to breach its contract with Rogan.

B/B
Saving the World, One Clue at a Time
If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2022, 09:12:09 AM »
While the choice might seem to be about money, I think it might not be.

I'd see this as a managerial decision. If they allowed Neil Young to control their content then they'd be open to similar action by others in the future.

I am sure that they looked at revenues and audience, but I bet they looked much more attentively at power.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2022, 11:16:00 AM »
While the choice might seem to be about money, I think it might not be.

I'd see this as a managerial decision. If they allowed Neil Young to control their content then they'd be open to similar action by others in the future.

I am sure that they looked at revenues and audience, but I bet they looked much more attentively at power.

It is definitely more about POWER.

Joe Rogan is in the process of destroying the "main stream MANIPULATORS" and they hate it. They tried to denounce Rogan by claiming that 270 Doctors denounced him for spreading CV misinformation. Turns out that less than 100 or so of those were medical doctors and even those were professors at a university and not practicing Doctors.

The ones pushing for alternative approaches to Covid have Doctors who actually practice Cardiology and Emergency Room Medicine.

A Senator just had a forum of sorts with these Doctors who claim to have a near 100% effective rate of treating Covid. They invited the head of the CDC and Biden's person but no one accepted.

https://www.patriotproject.com/sen-ron-johnson-chairs-forum-covid-treatments-failures-us-pandemic-response/

They claim the CDC is totally corrupt and the real reason they won't allow treatments such as ivermectin is profit. The CDC doesn't like generic medications either and puts them down.

Meanwhile real Doctors treat with inexpensive methods and Joe Rogan has interviews with Doctors who call the CV19 government response "Mass Formation Psychosis".

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2022, 01:03:10 PM »
From a wisely on Twitter:

"Joe Biden should threaten to resign as president unless Joe Rogan is removed from Spotify."

Frank J. Flemming @ IMAO

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2022, 01:19:06 PM »
Whoops, congratulations on your prize winning feat of point missing.

In the context I was describing all, yes all, of the words you just bashed out were irrelevant.

It is in my opinion noted above about not allowing one external stakeholder have control (power) over the actions and business choices of the management of Spotify.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2022, 02:07:04 PM »
You have your opinion and I have mine. Mine is more in line with the reality that Spotify recognizes that people want to have an alternative to the shrieking lunatics on MSM.

There is power in that and they realize it.

Registration